The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Ascending Tide Feedback Thread

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Music:

Superb. Still recognizable as an ESO theme but so much better than all previous incarnations. Kudos to the music team!

Coral Aerie:

Love the hidden bosses and how it leads to final 4th boss. My only complaint is the timing of the final boss part of that. It kind of detracts from the finality of the main final boss having that fight after that and after the message that the activity is finished is broadcast. IMO you should tweak it to happen before the last, non-hidden, boss fight. Other than that it's a fun dungeon.

Shipwright's Regret:

It's fine but for me CA was much better.

AWA:

I like it.

After consolidation it was very easy to see a few unfinished achievements that were just a couple of easy steps away from unlocking a dye (a couple of delves, public dungeon boss, zone POI.) I unlocked more dyes today than I have for the past 3 years combined :)

I also noticed that some environmental changes/reactions that I thought would become account-wide are still character specific which is good. For example: I only have one character that did the Murkmire quest about the weird musical instrument with the frogs and she is still the only one of my characters that sees the Argonian musician on the beach in Vulkhel Guard. I like that.
    Options
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    My fps has become unstable. While I'm doing crafting dailies in Vivec, there is a noticeable FPS drawdown.

Noticed that, too. Especially when running back from the writ drop off into the crafting area in Vivec my FPS goes down into 20ish values.

But its not only Vivec. I noticed it in Sentinel around the trading area towards the city entrance, in the Orchard in Coldharbour, in Mournhold around the gate into the city where Roris Hlaalu is locaded, and many other places as well.

It happened last night during prime time when everybody was trying to log in, but it is still there this morning (EU time), ie seems unrelated to amount of players logged in.
    Edited by tomfant on March 15, 2022 9:59AM
    Options
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have utterly borked your game.

Really really not looking forward to this coming to consoles. It’s like being in a slow motion car crash and you can’t do anything to escape the oncoming petrol tanker sliding along the road towards you.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide achievements are kinda good, but definitely need some improvements.
    - I would still like to be able to earn achievement "again" on my main or 2nd main (and not my silly-named crafter or banker). Achievements are bound to account now and not to a single character, so the indicator "what character" got the achievement makes no sense at all. All character have it. So it either should be removed entirely or it should allow for multiple entries (more than one character got the achievement, so we can track it).

- Speaking of tracking - it is very hard now for a newer character to keep track of zone progress (skyshards gathered or quests completed for example) - since the achievements are "completed" - but the content is not.

In its current form, AwA actually are kinda discouraging me to play my alts because I fear that I may get an important achievement "by accident" on a wrong character. In fact I already have done it once yesterday. Not a big deal since achievement was completed on my 2nd main and was not that important - (DB Gold Coast achievement to kill people in a city of Kvatch, as I was leveling DB skill line to get Gaze Of Sithis lead). I had that achievement and I had no idea that I have it, so as soon as Iogged in - it got added with a different character having it. Not a big deal since it is my 2nd main, but what if idk I got one of those long grinding achievement (craft 1 bilion potions etc) on my silly-named crafted, by a share accident ?

It is just um... bad & clearly rushed design and I would not be surprised if we will have some "Warning, you are about to get "X" achievement on "X" character" add-on made by someone in the near future.

Other than that, it is more or less OK. I had nice experience yesterday playing the game. No crashes. Of course, I unfortunately experienced long loading screens, but it was "day 1" of the patch. I remember that in other updates I could not even play the game since we had server maintenance over & over lol.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 15, 2022 10:09AM
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was reticent when looking at this incoming AWA changes but now that I've see in it on the live servers I really don't like what you done here, ZOS. What a mess!

1) Motif knowledge isn't individual and even worse, duplicate motif styles are being accounted. Currently the Grand Master Crafter title is achievable with these minimal conditions: 6 chars who know the basic racial motif styles (9 x 6 = 54, you need 50 motifs styles known for the achievement)
    2) Enchantment: knowledge of runes isn't account wide but in the knowledge of reagent's traits (Alchemy) is account wide. This isn't coherent at all.
    3) Main char isn't getting a large portion of the achievements I consider important just because the alts know/done a couple of things towards the achievement - at least for me, it sucks when you get an important achievement "by accident" on a alt char.
    4) Uncollected skyshards are not appearing on the map if another char has already collected them (zone completed).

At Global Reveal you told how ESO has such a great community and how the players make ESO awesome and how important players are...And yet you have the AWA PTS feedback thread: more than 90 pages, more than 2.7K+ responses, more than 76K views and not one single word about players concerns since Feb 23rd...

Edit: typos
    Edited by redlink1979 on March 15, 2022 11:39AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels pretty smooth this end. Patch went in on time, game's been stable and once I update add ons no problems at all.

Really liking AWA; there's obviously some teething problems with things like skyshard add ons and NPC dialogue but for the most part this feels like a welcome and long over due change. Finally got the orisinium costumes after doing the museum quest on the "wrong" toon :)

Making abilities scale of max stat / resource hasn't been as big a change as I'd thought - largely because the sustain issue is still there and ofc with the set changes the opposite resource was already quite high - but it opens new and interesting possibilities. I don't feel locked into a resto staff in pvp now which has to be a good thing and I'm liking hurrican on my sorc.

Overall, feels like - with a bit of work to tidy up some inconcistencies - a nice update. It's made me want to log back in, dig out some alts, and go an finish some achievements I always meant to but figured I'd never get.
    Options
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather the achievements were earned by @userid rather than seperate characters(I got a couple of rarer achivements unlocked on alts which sucks)
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
    Options
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have cancelled my ESO+ sub and will not be playing the game again until June at the earliest. These changes going live broken after 90+ pages of direct feedback warning of such is simply inexcusable.

ZoS asks for feedback and then summarily ignores it. That is not something I can support.

I will give them a few months to sort things out before I think about coming back. Lots of other games to play in the meantime.

See you all on the other side.
    Options
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Not liking the new 2-hander skill adjustments tbh. I'll get used to it eventually, as I already golded my 2-handers, but the reduction in damage is quite noticeable in PvE. I used to like the damage the 2-handers put out, now I find myself just holding block more.

They nerfed 2Handed dmg because of PvP, huh? Of course it makes PvE worse, I had been playing my StamKnight as 2Handed for a change of pace, since all other times my Stams default to Dual Wield. Was kinda liking it.

Actually, they nerfed it because of PvE.
    Options
  • SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    I am disappointed in the implementation of the account-wide achievements. I wish the game showed you all the toons that had gotten an achievement prior to AWA rather than the achievement just being earned by the first toon you logged in with. If I had realized that, I would have made sure to log in with my main (over 43k achievement points prior to AWA) first rather than some of my other toons so that as much as possible would still be attributed to everything I've done on her. I do like though that when you get bits and pieces of an achievement like monster trophies on different toons that it all counts towards the same achievement. I went from needing around half a dozen trophies still on my main to only needing 2 to finish the achievements.

I do really like the new dungeons and think they're both mechanically and visually interesting even if I think that 25 minutes is too short for the Coral Aerie speed run when you're expected to kill all encounters. I am a bit disappointed that the dungeons feel like they've been nerfed from what they were early on the PTS.
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    overall: im happy with the AWA because it unlocked several of those composite achievements i was missing for doing both dungeons of a dlc on vet (i had done them on vet but on different toons), i also unlocked a bunch of BG related achievements combining progress from my toons (few more dyes and titles there)

i still think the "earned by" tag is completely unnecessary and meaningless, but due to the AWA i now am much closer to having all of the dyes unlocked

played through both of the new dungeons on my main tank

shipwright regret:
    • i liked the atmosphere
    • i liked the secret bosses, they were just hidden instead of being locked away behind a multi-player trigger
    • on normal, i felt the difficulty was good, not too hard or easy
    • there were some areas near the end that got kind of annoying to navigate with all the holes in the docks
    • ran this in 2 man group with 2 companions, in *most* fights companions were able to stay alive reasonably OK

coral aerie:
    • atmosphere was alright, the map felt a little large
    • side bosses were interesting
    • 4th secret boss was also interesting, like black drake villa it only appears after you beat the main dungeon, but i feel difficulty wise it was less so than the 4th secret boss in black drake villa
    • ran this solo with companion, with the large amount of aoe here it was hard to keep the companion alive for some of the fights

also had enough tel var to unlock the full berserker outfit from IC (for those who are wondering, total cost for the full set is 325k tel var, the individual pieces range from 20k-75k each with most of them being about 35k)

did not have enough tel var to finish getting all the monster shoulders from IC, but just need to farm it a bit more

other notes: i did experience some issues with the login server, it took me almost 1.5 hours to log in all 10 of my characters, because a few of them took many tries to login (timed out before getting to char selection, failing to login entirely, couple of times getting to char select and selecting the char then sitting on the load character until it booted me, etc) did not really notice too much of an issue once i was actually logged into the game
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AWA is good aside from the "Earned by" section. It feels like a tacked on thing to appeal to those who honestly will hate AWA no matter what you do. Just remove it or better even add it for each character that achieved <I doubt possible at this point, but that would be nice>.

I dislike visual ques on last boss of Coral. Please please don't back track on AoE indicators. You went through all the trouble of creating a customizable AoE indicator so people can easily see AoE's just to back track on a giant AoE that takes up roughly 60% of the room. The wave indicators are very very faint as well.
    Options
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I log in and all the zones look like this on my map. I have no addons and I have been playing since beta the same toon, so I have like 100% map completion. Is this a bug?

lfh4yfminibh.png
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback will only be negative as i cannot even login to the game anymore, surely by now you would be able to put out new content without breaking everything... like seriously. This is total BS!!!
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    too many issues that have already been voiced and posted.
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give me back Melina Cassel and the Markarth Epilogue.

As well as the Adoring Fan, Choixth, and Stros issues.

They aren't mentioned anywhere in the patch notes, so I have absolutely no hope they have been fixed.

Please.

That is my feedback.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All,

Thanks to those who have submitted feedback, both positive and negative. We have shared some of this internally already, but we are going through your feedback here to send more detailed feedback to our internal teams.

Those with performance issues, you should be seeing some of that clear up over the next day or so. We will also follow up with any additional guidance for players as the dev team works to address some of the issue mentioned. Thanks, everyone.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some hard to earn achievements on an alt because I made the mistake of logging into them after my main character, this is bumming me out because I was looking forward to unlocking those achievements on my main and now I feel like I didn't really earn them and can never properly earn them on my main character :s (my main had much higher scores than the alt, but since I logged into the alt they unlocked the achievement)
    Edited by Aztrias on March 15, 2022 6:23PM
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember hearing that our feedback about AwA was being shared "internally" after week 1 of the PTS. Then we heard nothing more.

Based on past precedent, a betting man would plan on a similar outcome this time as well.

"I believe that the more you know about the past, the better you are prepared for the future" - Teddy Roosevelt
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks to those who have submitted feedback, both positive and negative. We have shared some of this internally already, but we are going through your feedback here to send more detailed feedback to our internal teams.

Those with performance issues, you should be seeing some of that clear up over the next day or so. We will also follow up with any additional guidance for players as the dev team works to address some of the issue mentioned. Thanks, everyone.

Thanks @ZOS_Kevin , but could you please be sure to let us know when someone is prepared to come into a thread such as this and discuss the broken way in which account-wide achievements have been implemented? Could we please be told which broken parts are accepted as broken and will be fixed, which are accepted as broken and will be left as broken, and which are considered to be working as intended?

If that can't happen, then could someone at least tell us whether it's because they don't care what we think, or whether it's because there's an instruction from on high not to discuss it with us? It would be kind to let us know whether we're wasting our time offering feedback.
    Options
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

We've heard that one before. After weeks of explaining that PTS is in shambles and provided detailed feedback on testing and analysis worth hundreds, of not thousands of dollars in time spent for that kind of work. And still it managed to be released in a worth state than we imagined possible.
    Options
  • hodgodeb17_ESO
    hodgodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Coral Aerie is ok.
    Shipwright's Regret just meh. I hope you regret that released such dungeon. Zero new mechanics. Just concentrated kill adds, avoid aoes, interrupt on each boss and secret boss, without any interesting new things. It's too repetitive and too boring because of mechanics.
    Edited by hodgodeb17_ESO on March 15, 2022 7:39PM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything we can improve in the future?

This question has been asked, and the answers ignored numerous times. Things that go to the PTS are going to Live regardless of improvements we suggest. The bugs we point out are ignored on a consistent basis.

I guess the answer to your question is: stop asking your question. We've all been around long enough to know that what we say doesn't matter. It is insulting to pretend like our opinions would have any sort of affect on the decision making process. "The Vision" is proprietary, and we have no say in it.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are serious bugs with AwA? Who could have possibly seen this coming?

Ya know, you could at least acknowledge the problems everyone points out on PTS. Even something in the PTS threads like, "It is too late in the development cycle to fix these issues before going live. We see the problems as very serious but not game-breaking and will not postpone going live. But we are aware and working on fixes to go into incremental patches after live."

But it always feels like you waste 5 or 6 weeks of PTS, where you could be working on fixes, and are blindsided when things go wrong on live exactly as they went wrong on PTS.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    AWA has totally borked my skyshard collection knowledge on all my characters. I have no idea who has collected what.
    1. Disable any skyshards addons, if you use them. They used achievements to track progress before, since there was no other way to do it back when they were first created. The addon authors will eventually patch their addons, just give them time. There are new APIs specifically for tracking skyshards without achievements.
    2. Use the zone guide / map completion to tell what skyshards are collected in the interim.

That is completely unacceptable. Yes, it may work, but using addons is one of the reason I abandoned so much to play on the PC instead. What are they going to break next?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    account wide achievements none asked for-except usually forum winners but you couldn't do the same for unlocking companions for all account toons-a feature MANY ASKED FOR

after 6 years ,its hard enough for me to login and play as i used to,many friends left,literally running on fumes now
    and u zos team make it harder with these meaningless decisions
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I log in and all the zones look like this on my map. I have no addons and I have been playing since beta the same toon, so I have like 100% map completion. Is this a bug?

lfh4yfminibh.png

Except you don't get all the wayshrines unlocked by default.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

After review, and removing a handful of comments, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept within the Community Rules. Bashing, as well as Flaming, are both violations of the rules, and are stated as follows:
    • Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
    • Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    Should there be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 15, 2022 11:02PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's good that Undaunted experience has been redone to reflect AWA, but.

BUT.

Antiquities leveling also has the HUGE chunk of XP go from achievements. Which are now account-based, so leveling it on characters beyond the first became even worse than it was.

Problem before AWA: a lot of built-in antiquities were per-account one-offs, resulting in significantly stumped progression on characters beyond the first.

Problem added with AWA: now, the achievements XP is ALSO locked out.
    Options
  • zsitvaij
    zsitvaij
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's good that Undaunted experience has been redone to reflect AWA, but.

BUT.

Antiquities leveling also has the HUGE chunk of XP go from achievements. Which are now account-based, so leveling it on characters beyond the first became even worse than it was.

Problem before AWA: a lot of built-in antiquities were per-account one-offs, resulting in significantly stumped progression on characters beyond the first.

Problem added with AWA: now, the achievements XP is ALSO locked out.

I pointed this out on page 7 of 93 of the PTS feedback thread a month and a half ago, good luck getting an answer.
    Options