The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Heavy Attacks acting up

• Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU, no ticket submitted, lightning staves most affected.
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA . Using keyboard and mouse (12 buttons). No ticket.
    Options
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Quick follow up, here. Our dev team is aware of this issue and looking into possible solutions. Two things would be helpful here.

1. What platform are you playing on?
    2. If you have previously submitted a ticket for this, please let us know what that ticket number is. That way, we can send those over for any additional information the team may need. Thank you.

PC NA
    feedback/bug report submitted - no ticket number

Since update 32 - This is in regard to BOTH Lightning Staff and Resto Staff heavy attacks. Starting a heavy attack in many instances is causing a lock-in as a full heavy attack even when you let off the mouse button in order to do another action. Transitioning into a heavy attack after another action is not working as normal in most instances when the mouse button is held down, as it is not being registered, leaving the character standing there doing nothing. This forces the player to let off the mouse button and reapply pressure to reinitiate a heavy attack action where you cannot currently be certain it will work because of stuttering or again locking into a full heavy attack without holding the button down. Releasing a heavy attack while mid-attack in combat to block, heal, or commit another action is not reliable as initiating a heavy attack is often locking into the full heavy attack animation.
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I turned multi-threading off yesterday to check if the HA problem had anything to do with it. It does not.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I've been having this too. Only seems to happen on my Resto staff. I'll start a heavy then have to let it finish cause I can't even block to interupt it.
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-EU and NA with the lightning staff and it was constant tonight, I died more than once in a dungeon because of not being able to heal/shield or having the opposite issue with my char just standing there doing nothing. It's beyond frustrating at this point, it's impossible to weave or get through a rotation properly.
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvXGamer wrote: »
    Quick follow up, here. Our dev team is aware of this issue and looking into possible solutions. Two things would be helpful here.

2. If you have previously submitted a ticket for this, please let us know what that ticket number is. That way, we can send those over for any additional information the team may need. Thank you.

PC NA

Since update 32 - This is in regard to BOTH Lightning Staff and Resto Staff heavy attacks. Starting a heavy attack in many instances is causing a lock-in as a full heavy attack even when you let off the mouse button in order to do another action. Transitioning into a heavy attack after another action is not working as normal in most instances when the mouse button is held down, as it is not being registered, leaving the character standing there doing nothing. This forces the player to let off the mouse button and reapply pressure to reinitiate a heavy attack action where you cannot currently be certain it will work because of stuttering or again locking into a full heavy attack without holding the button down. Releasing a heavy attack while mid-attack in combat to block, heal, or commit another action is not reliable as initiating a heavy attack is often locking into the full heavy attack animation.

This is exactly it ^

It's not a new problem either but rather a resurfacing one, this used to happen quite a bit several updates back but was fixed and brought back with U32.
    love is love
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA PCEU
    no ticket

I'm getting the HA stopping mid attack and simply not working again for several seconds. This is with bow as well as lightening staff. The toon will just stand there and do nothing. sometimes a second skill will go sometimes not.

keyboard and logitech g hero mouse
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA. Problems introduced with the most recent patch. Not a surprise there.

Everything said above, about the skills not targeting, about not being able to interrupt it, about it not working if you just hold down the HA trigger. Including that this really does hurt anyone using a heavy attack build because they physically can't or won't or can't be bothered to LA weave. I hope this fix is a priority for devs!
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too on Xbox prior to the patch this week. However there are a couple even bigger problems now which some up top mentioned as well:

Before this patch I could hold down the heavy attack trigger and as long as I was facing towards an enemy, even if my aim was slightly off, the heavy attack would start/continue. Now after the patch this seems very broken. Even if I'm in the middle of a heavy attack, facing the current target, and the enemy is not dead yet, sometimes heavy attacks just stop (with me still holding down the trigger and still facing the enemy). I have to let go of the trigger and press it again and be exactly facing an enemy with the crosshair on them and then a new heavy attack will proceed. This is very broken and affects my DPS quite a bit.

A second piece that changed as well is that if you do kill the target with a lightning staff heavy attack, you used to be able to keep the trigger held down and as long as you faced a new enemy/target in pve it would start a new heavy attack. This also seems at least sporadically broken as sometimes it works but probably no more than 50% of the time now. Many times I have to let go of the trigger, face an enemy, and squeeze the trigger again to start another heavy attack. I've been playing the game for 4-years and lightning staff heavy attacks have NEVER worked this way. ZOS please fix both of these issues as these are major/core game mechanics that definitely broke at least on Xbox.
    Edited by malistorr on November 19, 2021 5:16PM
    Options
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭

It also happens with restoration heavy attacks

Ps4 EU
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably more than 1 issue even though they are related. It's good to see that ZOS is aware and hopefully they make fixing this a priority. People with physical issues like me literally can't run dungeons currently and even regular overworld fights are a pain.
    Options
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they finally fixed animation cancelling then?
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC NA

PC NA too.

This is a very good description of what I have been frequently running into.

I'd add that letting off the button to reinitiate a heavy attack doesn't always reacquire the target and can take more than one try to get the heavy attack to start again.
    Options
  • DormantOne
    DormantOne
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. I'm also getting locked heavy attacks with lightning staves
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA StamBlade and not just heavy attacks, None of my single target skills activate reliably any more, they don't even become active half the time, even though my entire screen can be filled with the target standing right in front of me. Also the Stampede skill, can't gap close, because it almost never activates anymore, even with the target dead in my reticle.
    Edited by Kwoung on November 20, 2021 10:45PM
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! And I was thinking it was my mouse that was broken... LMAO
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox series X
    NA
    Same issues as OP
    Options
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening on ps4 NA now as well since the update.
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU.
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tank as a magcro, usually with a lightning staff. This bugged-out heavy attack fiasco just got me killed by a boss. There are numerous instances now where I am not allowed to block because the game is completing my heavy attack when I have stopped attacking. This means I CAN'T block to prevent a mechanic from hitting me.

Ahh...this explains why I have not been able to block sometimes even though I went to block with plenty of time before the attack.
    Options
  • Nemecil
    Nemecil
    ✭✭
    I'm playin on PC EU and haven't submitted a ticket. For me it's the Lightning Staff.
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a heavy attack magsorc build myself i can agree they are not as smooth at all in execution or targeting.
    Options
  • DormantOne
    DormantOne
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 pro na . Can confirm, sometimes ha's don't fire and sometimes they lock and keep firing until complete.
    Edited by DormantOne on November 22, 2021 1:49AM
    Options
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin or anyone else from ZOS:

Any update or ETA on when they expect to patch/fix this?
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @malistorr No new update yet. However, we will check in with the team for an update.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens on Xbox na. Both of the staves, lightning/resto, when held after two seconds. The staff continues to carry out full heavy attack. Like a tether. Trials are tedious.
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue for me on PC NA, Keyboard and Mouse, most notable on my healer. Restro heavy just locks on and wont let go, and sometimes it's going off 10 seconds after I pushed it and Im actually midway thru a rotation so I stand there doing nothing looking like a fool with a locked on resto heavy :'(

My dps's lightening staff has been acting up as well. Didnt bother logging into my sorc because shes fully heavy attack build so it would be a sea of misery rn. :D
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    PC NA StamBlade and not just heavy attacks, None of my single target skills activate reliably any more, they don't even become active half the time, even though my entire screen can be filled with the target standing right in front of me. Also the Stampede skill, can't gap close, because it almost never activates anymore, even with the target dead in my reticle.

I also second the stampede. I've been having major issues with my stampede constantly not going off, and thats discounting the usual bad terrain element as well.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Keyboard and mouse.
    What OP said.
    Lightning staff locking on after mouse button released and the HA has already completed once. Can't ani cancel. Can't retarget.(Having a lot of targeting problems because staves stay locked to original target). Was really bad in last boss nVH despite tab targeting. Could only change target by roll dodging sometimes.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on November 27, 2021 12:26PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
    Options