The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Attacks acting up

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2Vm4ldE.jpg

Character is getting stuck in the above pose after heavy attacks. Unable to interact with anything, without doing a weapon swap.

Restoration staff heavy attack also bugging out.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by phairdon on December 1, 2021 8:45PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA, no ticket.

The problem for me is mostly lightning attacks.

- LA turns into a HA
    - Medium attacks don't work
    - if you hold the button down a fraction of second too long it starts a second HA
    - Can't seem to cancel out or use skills until HA completes.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA get stuck in heavy lightning staff attacks even after letting the button go at times. Even worse is when lightning staff heavy attacks don't continue like they used to by just keeping the trigger held down and facing toward an enemy. Many times I have to let go of the button, face an enemy again, and then pull the trigger again. This decreases my DPS and ability to play successfully since I have bad hands and can't pound buttons non-stop and light attack weave for long periods and just don't enjoy playing that way even if I could. I hope this gets fixed very soon.
  • SnottyKitty
    SnottyKitty
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having the exact issues everyone is talking about with lightning staff. I let up on the mouse button to start an ability or even just to move out of some damage area, but the heavy attack continues. I've also had times when my character becomes stuck in some weird animation/pose and cannot interact with anything and nothing less than a ui reload will fix it. I noticed it about 6 weeks ago when I resubbed after a few months break from gaming. It seems to be slowly getting worse, as in more frequently. It is very annoying and frustrating and when it happens at the worst possible moment, is fatal to you and your group.

I have not had this issue with any other weapon or ability. I've also removed all my addons, repaired the game, and played for a while without any addons and the issue still happens. I hope Zos is hearing this and will fix this soon. If it continues, it will be hard for me to continue to play.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this? @ZOS_Kevin

- NA PC, no ticket
    - KB&M
    - Xbox360 controller plugged in, but not used
    - Magicka Templar
    - Lightning Staff
    - in base game content

I've noticed this quite a bit, where I'll just tap the attack button for a LA, and it will lock target and do a HA instead. Once it does this, nothing I do stops the HA or lets me change target, or use any other skill till the HA finish's.
    Edited by Kamatsu on December 4, 2021 11:09PM
    o_O
  • sorcmag01
    sorcmag01
    ✭✭✭
    Any update on this? @ZOS_Kevin ! Thanks

Edit: On PC and combat is acting up. My flame staff and char freezes during combat. Noticed it first in Deadlands. I have to fire LA to unfreeze and it's getting worse lately.

Edit 2: I am having the same issues at The Reach area doing my dailies. Killed a boss, got on my horse, soon after I dismounted and couldn't access the Wayshrine, then did a LA and then I could access it. This happens on my other chars as well. Combat is really buggy and this has been getting worse over time.
    Edited by sorcmag01 on December 4, 2021 7:37PM
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still happening. My heavy attack necro (lightning staff) is unplayable because I get stuck in heavy attacks and you're just open fodder in PVP.

• Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed after today's patch? Oh, dear...
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really hoping for a fix for this, its doing my head in. Given up doing Vet stuff on my mag characters for now since they need to be weaving, healing and shielding none of which they can do whilst stuck in a heavy attack. Making this one look like a right idiot frankly.
    PC EU & NA
  • FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katlefiya wrote: »
    Still not fixed after today's patch? Oh, dear...

yeah, what a shame for zos....
    Edited by FWSWBN on December 6, 2021 12:52PM
    Signatur? brauche ich nicht ^^
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lightning/Resto heavy attack still broken with latest patch v7.2.7 PC NA.

Very easy to reproduce.

1) Hold down attack to the left of target hitbox

RYdhGgE.png

2) Move target reticle inside the target hitbox but not directly over the target

rAbFaLI.png

Only takes 1 attack before it breaks.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 6, 2021 1:17PM
    PC NA
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    HA are buged this patch.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they fix this soon. It's been a couple weeks now I think. I don't understand how the devs can take basic game mechanics that have worked for most of the past few years and break them. And fixing them seems like it should be a simple process of just reverting the code for just those mechanics back to what it was for now. Then if you need to tweak it, do so and thoroughly test it BEFORE releasing to the public. Please ZOS hire more testers instead of having the public test all your patches!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the opposite problem. My lightning HA fails to happen. While you guys cant shut it down, I cant get mine going.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have both problems at different times. Some attacks don't start or continue and some don't stop when letting go. Very messed up.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lighting light attacks often lock up and become heavies.. Very annoying.
    Yep, it's super frustrating when you can't dodge roll or use skills because the game has decided your zappy stick is doing a big shock instead of a little one.

Edit to add PC NA, haven't submitted any tickets but this is still definitely a problem.
    Edited by Arunei on December 8, 2021 10:44PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • JohnSmith
    JohnSmith
    I've had to drop quite a bit of content since it's become nearly impossible to weave LA. This has been the case for almost a month now (since 7.2.6) with 2 patches since then and little to no feedback on a fix.

Combat with a Lightning Staff is super clunky. Sometimes it responds to a keypress, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you get a LA, sometimes you're stuck in HA and you cannot break out.

PC EU. Gamepad. I have submitted a ticket.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get some feedback from ZOS about when they plan to fix this even if they have to say something like "It will be fixed in the next patch which we expect to release some time next week." and can't give an exact date. This issue IS a big deal and is affecting play for just about anyone playing this game (PVP or PVE) and using a staff.
  • FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    It would be nice to get some feedback from ZOS about when they plan to fix this even if they have to say something like "It will be fixed in the next patch which we expect to release some time next week." and can't give an exact date. This issue IS a big deal and is affecting play for just about anyone playing this game (PVP or PVE) and using a staff.

Thx, the same i want write in this moment.

New week, new patch and ..... NO FIX
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've experienced some issues with heavies as well. It feel likes there's something wrong with targeting. If I'm more than a few steps away, it seems like the terrain itself line of sights my target, and I can't get my reticle to lock on and start the channel (resto staff). Non-channeled heavies (frost/fire) actually feel okay and seem to connect better. I'm on PCNA using an Elite controller in gamepad mode.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Lightning/Resto heavy attack still broken with latest patch v7.2.7 PC NA.

Very easy to reproduce.

1) Hold down attack to the left of target hitbox

RYdhGgE.png

2) Move target reticle inside the target hitbox but not directly over the target

rAbFaLI.png

Only takes 1 attack before it breaks.

EDIT 30 Dec 21
    Still acting up, just not as often. I'm finding that I am able to reproduce the issue. It does not happen 100% of the time but it does happen more often than is healthy for any heavy attack build that uses lightning/resto staves. Start with the reticule on the target, then move the reticule off of the target after starting the heavy attack. I'm posting a video of it happening. Every time I move the camera to the side, I am letting off the mouse button completely. I am only holding down on the button to initiate the heavy attack. It is possible to block and/or bash to cancel the animation, but healing and using other skills is impossible until the animation has been completed despite releasing the button.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MJnkobdzV_M

• FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    any ETA when the bug get fixed?
    Its now nearly 3 month and its not playable for me with this bug.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard any update at all. Granted I don't have time to spend hours looks around the forum for posts about it. I gave up playing PVE as I am a heavy attack build and this prevents me from having any kind of decent DPS. And I know many people with physical issues are in the same boat and can't play right now.
  • xStaticx
    xStaticx
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting to hear back from @ZOS_Kevin on that update. How many months has it been?
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue on PS5 console with both lightning and resto staves.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    PC NA StamBlade and not just heavy attacks, None of my single target skills activate reliably any more, they don't even become active half the time, even though my entire screen can be filled with the target standing right in front of me. Also the Stampede skill, can't gap close, because it almost never activates anymore, even with the target dead in my reticle.

Glad I saw this. Same! I knew I couldn't be the only Stamina Nightblade feeling absolutely gutted by how clunky ganks feel. Like, heavy attack charged up and then .... Doesn't connect with them somehow, then you sit there spamming surprise attack to get a hit in and only 2/5 spams register and connect. But your burst window "heavy attack" into "surprise attack" or "rending slashes" follow-up is absolutely gutted and you deal garbage damage after from it ruining the stealth bonus damage. Ugh, it's gotten so clunky, and it wasn't like this when Blackwood released and I recently came back. Same stuff with the Lightning Heavy Attacks as well- just all around very clunky feeling and it doesn't feel good at all.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for an update too. This problem coupled with the lag around world bosses means I'm just standing there like a potato most of the time.
    PC EU & NA
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    new patch and NO FIX... [snip] you doing ZoS?

If i do this with my customers, i had no customers anymore.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 14, 2022 1:30PM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they've mostly been off work since early December. No patches or bug fixes in quite a while. But of course they continue to get new content ready because that is what will make money. They are a for-profit company so fixing old bugs is incredibly low priority as is reading forum posts and replying to them obviously.