The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Attacks acting up

• sorcmag01
    sorcmag01
    ✭✭✭
    I can't play some end game content very well lately. I have been waiting for an update to fix this for a while now.
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're taking the EA approach, so you're going to have to subscribe or purchase a "weapons master" pass for the game, so your heavy attacks are smoother and more effective.

The "weapons master" pass is also per character...

I'm kidding but i do hope they fix the issue soon. I'm running a stamblade, so sustain can be an issue for stabby stabby characters, lol
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy attacks with a lightning staff is broken for me too!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU heavy attack issue is still there.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no update from ZOS? i'm getting tired of holding down mouse1 and just standing there looking stupid while i try to figure out if the attack is actually happening
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    and not being able to cancel mid-attack like we used to be able to do
    and not being able to just keep the trigger/key/button held down and as long as we were still facing an enemy having heavy attacks continue (without needing to let go and then find an enemy and then press the button/trigger/key again. (this 2nd issue lowers DPS on heavy attack builds a ton and makes them not viable for most content in the game)
  • SnottyKitty
    SnottyKitty
    Soul Shriven
    Has there been any kind of communication from developers on this issue? I'm too lazy to go through 6 pages of posts to see if there is anything from them. I am pretty much unable to play my main due to this issue and if it goes much longer without a fix, or at least an acknowledgement they are working on it, I probably won't stick around much longer. There is so so so much to love about this game but this one issue all but kills it.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw Kevin say once or twice the devs know about it but we've never heard any other detail that I know of about when it might be fixed or if they're just going to completely ignore it and it will never be fixed.
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas how we could get ZOS to address this issue?
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would answer you but I'd probably get banned if I was honest. So I'll simply say no.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    same issue, mainly with restauration staff
    pc, EU server
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to throw my dart on the board too.
    1. PC\NA
    2. No ticket submitted

Lightning staff HA feels "stuck" cannot cancel once it begins.
    Some skills on sorc and warden don't want to fire even after a couple key presses or feel delayed before firing.
    Overall skill use in combat feels very clunky.
    Not happening all the time, but often enough that it's noticeable.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Quick follow up, here. Our dev team is aware of this issue and looking into possible solutions. Two things would be helpful here.

1. What platform are you playing on?
    2. If you have previously submitted a ticket for this, please let us know what that ticket number is. That way, we can send those over for any additional information the team may need. Thank you.

1. PC/NA
    2. No ticket submitted. Just logged in and am seeing exactly what everyone else is. To specify: randomly, my character will be locked into a fully-charged heavy attack. Medium attacks turn into fully-charged; sometimes even a light attack will go into a heavy which really messes up skill weaving. I'm playing in PvP so this makes things much worse. I'm also just using an inferno staff.

How is that this could happen? The dev team is looking into "possible solutions"? Does someone not know what they're doing? This is a big break from I don't understand what source... Can we stop with the band-aids and triage the root of why this game is plagued by bugs every month?
    Edited by Eormenric on February 9, 2022 8:30AM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. What platform are you playing on?

PC EU. NO add ons

2. If you have previously submitted a ticket for this, please let us know what that ticket number is. That way, we can send those over for any additional information the team may need. Thank you.

To be honest, what’s the point with a ticket submission? This one submitted ticket about missing items, no reply. Submitted tickets about a Murkmire main quest bug, told the quest will be reset and the bug happened again. Submitted the ticket and then no reply. Sorry, this one appreciates what Kevin is trying to do, but the reporting system seems to be operating at less than optimal.
  • FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    new patch, NO FIX.

really ZoS?
    this is such a poor behaviour, wich i never see in any other games.

Signatur? brauche ich nicht ^^
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. PC EU

2. No ticket.
    Lightning staff: Sometimes my character will be locked into a fully-charged heavy attack, a light attack will go into a heavy.
    Bow: Sometimes stuck in heavy animation
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed this as well. There have also been instances where I will charge them up and release early, but the animation continues without my finger on LMB.

Happens with restorationstaffs as well....
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    I thought my mouse was getting stuck, but it didn't happen in other games. I'm glad it's not just me!

1) PC NA; I use Map Pins, no other AOs

2) No ticket (see above). Happens regularly with lightning staff, getting stuck in a heavy attack even though I was using a light attack.
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    Run in PVP in relequin and aether yestaerday - the same bug.

HA or do not start or do not stop so i can not stop HA to block or heal myself.

Even so kill other players.

I do not even believe that they even fix this bug, because there are some bugs already for 2 years, as example sorcs crystal fragment and some other skill just ignore protection of magma armor, just as example.

But if our main PVE sets get nerf after pts have good solution to it in PVP, very cancer ;) that work even if HA works bad.

We are just to good that other say that we are OP if even HA do not work, sets get nerf and etc ;)

So do not think that it will be fixed in near future.

We are just to good that win even with not working sets and HA, we are to good that peoples say we play OP sets and are low skills ;)

So no need to fix balance, not working HA or skills. The game works this way already 2 years.

But when it was LA bug - it was fixed in 1-2 weeks ?

So i think you see real problem here do you ?

https://youtu.be/mDJBKyQ1n2k
    Edited by Succuby on February 14, 2022 1:24PM
  • sonwon.1_ESO
    sonwon.1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion there is way to much focus on light attack builds. I would like someone anyone to focus on making builds based on heavy attacks. This would be useful even if it is not meta damage.

Although maybe there is no point since ZOS is unable to fix this bug. :(
    °
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    I still get this. 🙁
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post