Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB Cloak update - So uh.... This is about to go live?

• gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is nb walking thru caltrops and staying in stealth and taking no damage a bug ?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    sorry for not watching/listening to your whole vid - but, is there something else besides this?
    You are missing a lot in the patch notes:

"Adjusted many player abilities to no longer attempt to remove Stealth or Invisibility when they should not. This is also expanded to any Damage over Time effect, rather than only single target Damage over Time effects, as we want the removal and denial of Stealth and Invisibility to be more active rather than passive.

This means that the only player abilities that should remove stealth are Area of Effect Direct Damage, Stuns, Fears, or Immobilizes, as well as Reveals. Attacks made with Detection potions active may still damage the target but will not strip their Stealth or Invisibility.
    Also fixed many issues where attacks that were checking in areas regularly to hit singular targets could target Stealthed or Invisible targets, such as Force Pulse or Shrouded Dagger’s bouncing attacks. Any attack that checks in an area to attack singular targets will no longer attempt to even apply to targets under these effects."

thank you @vesselwiththepestle ...so, stuff like hurricane and elemental blockade can still be used to find stealthed players, but, stuff like corrupting pollen or combat prayer won't reveal?

what about stuff like those fetcher flies or the venomous smite proc?
    I think Hurricane counts as AOE DOT (just like Caltrops), so it should not remove invisibility / cloak. Only Direct dmg & / or hard CCs will interrupt cloak. NB will still take dmg from it, but they should not be revealed.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »

They should at least be taking damage, but still remain in stealth.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for not watching/listening to your whole vid - but, is there something else besides this?

"Adjusted many player abilities to no longer attempt to remove Stealth or Invisibility when they should not. This is also expanded to any Damage over Time effect, rather than only single target Damage over Time effects, as we want the removal and denial of Stealth and Invisibility to be more active rather than passive.

This means that the only player abilities that should remove stealth are Area of Effect Direct Damage, Stuns, Fears, or Immobilizes, as well as Reveals. Attacks made with Detection potions active may still damage the target but will not strip their Stealth or Invisibility.
    Also fixed many issues where attacks that were checking in areas regularly to hit singular targets could target Stealthed or Invisible targets, such as Force Pulse or Shrouded Dagger’s bouncing attacks. Any attack that checks in an area to attack singular targets will no longer attempt to even apply to targets under these effects."

thank you @vesselwiththepestle ...so, stuff like hurricane and elemental blockade can still be used to find stealthed players, but, stuff like corrupting pollen or combat prayer won't reveal?

I think Hurricane counts as AOE DOT (just like Caltrops), so it should not remove invisibility / cloak. Only Direct dmg & / or hard CCs will interrupt cloak. NB will still take dmg from it, but they should not be revealed.

exactly
    very well said
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This kind of reminds me of the evolution of stealth for rogues in world of warcraft. When that game first released, it was easy to remove a rogue from stealth if you knew he was there. Any damage aoe would do it. Slowly over time, they added mechanics to make it so easy to play a rogue, like immunity to being removed when you used vanish, an absorb shield when you stealth, faster movement in stealth, longer range on stealth attacks so you didn't have to get as close...

This change to cloak where aoe dots won't remove them seems like that.. just making cloak easier to use. I use dark cloak on my NB so I don't have a ton of experience with it, but encountering NBs in pvp and watching pvp vids, cloak seems plenty reliable the way it is. I'm not sure we need to buff it at all by reducing the sources of damage that will remove a NB.

The bug where damage taken in stealth delays and then poofs you, obviously that's not intended and hopefully should be fixed soon.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks @Tommy_The_Gun ...just thinking of clearing keeps of stealthed enemies: how in the heck to do direct damage an enemy if you can't see them...

spin to win, hurricane, blockade and other random aoe's were good tools for that...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey nb bombers are the most complained about aspect in cyrodil now. Zos let's buff there cloak to make it easier for the them to blow the [snip] out of everyone. What are they smoking over there?

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 23, 2021 10:26AM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks @Tommy_The_Gun ...just thinking of clearing keeps of stealthed enemies: how in the heck to do direct damage an enemy if you can't see them...

spin to win, hurricane, blockade and other random aoe's were good tools for that...

Spin to win should still work for pulling enemies out of stealth as its classified as a direct damage AoE.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, I got my Sentry ready...
  • snipezor
    snipezor
    ✭✭✭
    The only way that cloak/stealth needed any help was by making it apparent that someone is using a detect potion. Being revealed upon damage by any source makes perfect sense and should be kept. A nightblade who gets caught by caltrops, hurricane, ballistae, whirlwind, et al, is a nightblade who did it wrong.

- Signed, a NB main.
    Edited by snipezor on August 20, 2021 11:45AM
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snipezor wrote: »
    The only way that cloak/stealth needed any help was by making it apparent that someone is using a detect potion. Being revealed upon damage by any source makes perfect sense and should be kept. A nightblade who gets caught by caltrops, hurricane, ballistae, whirlwind, et al, is a nightblade who did it wrong.

- Signed, a NB main.

Nope. Cloack is one of the few natives defensive skills, It's not just about being invisible.Cloack was actually bugged and inconsistent for both nightblades AND opponent. Plus DoT AoE shouldn't be used as detect skill, it's unfair.

- Signed, a NB main
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »

Not sure at this point tbh.

Although I'm not sure I agree with them being able to legit run into/through ground aoe unhindered.
    Fhritz wrote: »

- Signed, a NB main.

Nope. Cloack is one of the few natives defensive skills, It's not just about being invisible.Cloack was actually bugged and inconsistent for both nightblades AND opponent. Plus DoT AoE shouldn't be used as detect skill, it's unfair.

- Signed, a NB main

If I run into a bunch of ground aoe, I deserve to be uncloaked and taken out.

- Signed, a guy with 2 NBs consistently played and a student of all classes, specs, and pvp combat.
  • snipezor
    snipezor
    ✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »

- Signed, a NB main.

- Signed, a NB main

I disagree. Damage is damage, be it over time, area, or direct, and damage should pull someone out of stealth.

Additionally, stealth should only provide concealment and nothing else; invisibility is the defense. If someone needs to cleanse an effect, there are abilities to do it. Cloak suppressing effects has long been over-tuned, and likely only exists due to ineptitude on the part of the devs (see also: combat bug).

I will agree that cloak does appear to be bugged at times and sometimes appears to drop before its timer is out.

By the way, based on ZoS' history, I should think that these cloak changes will lead to direct nerfs to cloak within a year - enjoy it while you can.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    health desync will noxious breath is a thing on live too, probably not as obvious or easy to reproduce as what you are showing on PTS, but if you start spamming noxious on nbs trying to run away with cloak you will endup killing them from half HP many times. Is probably not that easy to notice on live since more experienced players are not going to just spam cloak and get pulled out of stealth with noxious over and over again, but is kinda easy to watch when you are playing a DK and dealing with newbie nighblades.

Knowing how these things trend to work on ESO, these changes are probably going to add half a dozen of different HP desyncs and other bugs to nightblades and make them unplayable for an entire patch. Nighblade has always been the most bugged class, i dont recall a patch in the last 2 years where just cloak, a single class skill, hasn't had at least half a dozen of bugs attached to it.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think hurricane is considered direct AOE skill, it proc machineca acuity.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think hurricane is considered direct AOE skill, it proc machineca acuity.

this right here, literally some of the abilities and gear have limited rhyme or reason to how they're classified...you seriously need to look at a zos approved list somewhere...those lists aren't always easy to find if they exist at all...plus, it's a game - who wants to have to go researching how every little process in the game actually functions...

rant over...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs need to be given better heals and cloak or any stealth mechanic needs to be deleted from the game. Too many players scared to fight and instead choose to sit in stealth waiting for you to be outnumbered then they pull the stun from stealth b.s
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    Gonna have to stock up on detection pots I guess :|

It could very well be that Zenimax wants us to start using the tools they gave us to pull people out of sneak.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadeInVN wrote: »
    NBs need to be given better heals and cloak or any stealth mechanic needs to be deleted from the game. Too many players scared to fight and instead choose to sit in stealth waiting for you to be outnumbered then they pull the stun from stealth b.s

Sounds more like you are afraid of the NBs. Your taste for Mano a mano is not the arbiter of how the game _must_ be played.

I'd be happy if Cloak actually worked to just cloak. Its so inconsistent now I hardly use it.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

It could very well be that Zenimax wants us to start using the tools they gave us to pull people out of sneak.

Right, that is why there are still no detect potions available for alliance points after all these years despite every other class "feature" being countered by something available for AP and stealth being advantageous specifically in PvP?

It could also be someone balancing the game with a huge bias for their favorite class.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade is a very popular if not the most popular class on my server.
    These tools will be mandatory after the patch, which is the wrong direction to go in my opinion.

It might even indirectly cause this change to be a huge nerf for nightblades because of everyone using some sort of detect tool.
    PS | EU
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade is a very popular if not the most popular class on my server.
    These tools will be mandatory after the patch, which is the wrong direction to go in my opinion.

It might even indirectly cause this change to be a huge nerf for nightblades because of everyone using some sort of detect tool.

That would be a nice change. Everytime I play BG, there is like 4-5 nightblades, you can't see them, you can't kill them, sunddely you are dead. I play with 38k HP stamsorc, my resist are low 19k, but the damage I recieve is from nightblades is absurd. 5-6k surprise attacks, 7-11k incaps, 10-15k merciless/killer blade/excutioner. None of the other classes, even stamsorcs do as much damage. Any nefr to stealth is all welcome for me, nightblades would have never manage to get these numbers if it was not for cloak.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny I get those numbers and surprise deaths from sorcs and necros with invis pots so not so much cloak being the problem. If you can't pull a NB out of stealth now, when if you look at us the wrong way we are pulled out, then you are going to have a problem when it's working properly. But that's a you thing, not a cloak thing.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Funny I get those numbers and surprise deaths from sorcs and necros with invis pots so not so much cloak being the problem. If you can't pull a NB out of stealth now, when if you look at us the wrong way we are pulled out, then you are going to have a problem when it's working properly. But that's a you thing, not a cloak thing.

Tell me how to properly pull a nightblade when I move next to him with my hurricane at max radius? They move as fast as I do and deal more damage because I try for survivability, my hurricane and caltraps that I thow over them are not pull them out of stealth, please tell me how to pull a nightblade out of stealth without magicka detect pots. If there were some detect pots for stamina I would have use them.

I'm almost certain that most of the stamsorcs you face are proc sorcs, it is expect to get numbers like that when you have 3 sets firing at same time. For mags sorcs, I recently was recieving 6-7 frags and 9k+ endless so I don't really know what happened to them, it only started after the blackwood patch, their damage was much lower before.
    Edited by universal_wrath on August 22, 2021 4:41PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you playing that those things aren't pulling them out. I'm getting pulled out and run down my sorcs and templars while in on major expedition and wild hunt... I'm pulled out by hurricane all the time even when I'm not close to it. I pull people out with caltrops all the time.

I'm in no CP so maybe its a CP thing. But I get yanked out all the time .
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you playing that those things aren't pulling them out. I'm getting pulled out and run down my sorcs and templars while in on major expedition and wild hunt... I'm pulled out by hurricane all the time even when I'm not close to it. I pull people out with caltrops all the time.

I'm in no CP so maybe its a CP thing. But I get yanked out all the time .

it's the exact same thing for me, and im in CP campaign.
    has nothing to do with CP.
    i also just like you get mowed down by sorcs and templars and dragonights and wardens while in on major expedition and wild hunt... I'm pulled out by hurricane all the time even when I'm not close to it. I pull people out with caltrops all the time.
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds more like you are afraid of the NBs. Your taste for Mano a mano is not the arbiter of how the game _must_ be played.

I'd be happy if Cloak actually worked to just cloak. Its so inconsistent now I hardly use it.

You honestly believe that a NB sitting in cloak is gonna scare me? The best thing they can do is annoy me when they fail their gank attempt and go back into stealth.

Cloak is an annoyance at best, and nobody likes to be annoyed. I'd rather have NBs get better heals so they don't have to rely on cloak for their survivability, much like every other class..
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You honestly believe that a NB sitting in cloak is gonna scare me? The best thing they can do is annoy me when they fail their gank attempt and go back into stealth.

Cloak is an annoyance at best, and nobody likes to be annoyed. I'd rather have NBs get better heals so they don't have to rely on cloak for their survivability, much like every other class..

we would then no longer be a stealth class, i only play stealth class in mmo.
    stealth play is fair game play.
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

we would then no longer be a stealth class, i only play stealth class in mmo.
    stealth play is fair game play.

The problem is stealth mechanic becomes difficult to balance when it actually works, especially with current stealth counters. Unless you purposely run into a large group with a bunch of AoEs, there's a high chance you will successfully escape smaller encounters.
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think that having to slot a skill or consumable to specifically counter one class is poor counter play design? What skill do you have to slot to counter a warden? Or necro? Or dk? Zos already limited bar space by game design, but nbs deserve their own slot? They could at least make decent detect pots for stam. Aoes pulling nbs from stealth at least added a multi-purpose tool to the set. Suppose I can just spam LA at space and hope for the best while waiting on the detect pot cool down. It's not like there is a stun mechanic from stealth or their spammable or anything....