Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All About Endeavors – Basics, tips, experiences, guides and more

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been said before, but great place for tons of ghosts : Aphren's Hold, East of Stormhaven.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been said before, but great place for tons of ghosts : Aphren's Hold, East of Stormhaven.

Some other ideas in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/582032/need-ghosts#latest
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 25, 2021 12:01AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something I don't recall confirming before, although it makes sense:

There are Seals prices both for items from the main crates of the "season" (Iron Atronach), and also from the (event-related) limited-time offering (Bandari Pedlar).
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't remember seeing it confirmed one way or another, I just checked and the second round of Maelstrom counts as "Dwarven" and not "Clockwork". I expect that, even though the Maelstrom rounds are themed around Seht/Clockwork City, the actual Clockwork mobs weren't coded into the game until Morrowind with Halls of Fabrication, and then more extensively with the Clockwork City DLC.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Since I don't remember seeing it confirmed one way or another, I just checked and the second round of Maelstrom counts as "Dwarven" and not "Clockwork". I expect that, even though the Maelstrom rounds are themed around Seht/Clockwork City, the actual Clockwork mobs weren't coded into the game until Morrowind with Halls of Fabrication, and then more extensively with the Clockwork City DLC.

And of course some people will be running Maelstrom Arena for the weekly endeavor anyway.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Prime example, never look at them, dgaf about them....

And bam, today, just "normal" grinding, and the "rando" dungeon on my noob, I ending up doing all 3 of the Dailies....

W/O even knowing what they were....

Just ignore them, and play normally folks....
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs are Chitinous Foes.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs are Chitinous Foes.

Thanks. I didn't know that.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, as a follow up to this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580729/apparently-dreugh-are-not-insectoids dreugh ARE chitinous creatures, and a good overland source is Vivec's Antlers in Stonefalls, as well as Fungal Grotto I for an instanced source (though they're about halfway through the dungeon).
    I didn't think to check chaurus, which are also brought up in the thread, but between mudcrabs and dreugh, it's a very easy endeavor to do during normal gameplay anyway.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the mobs in the Labyrinthian public dungeon are skeletons. I was done with the endeavor before I grabbed the skyshard, and it's near the front door.

And if you have the previously free Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery house, Labyrinthian isn't too far from that.

Also re Labyrinthian -- it's one of those DLC public dungeons where you need to be somewhat careful when soloing the group event. The toughest bit is when two large flesh atronachs (?) are pounding the ground and causing large and lethal AoEs.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the mobs in the Labyrinthian public dungeon are skeletons. I was done with the endeavor before I grabbed the skyshard, and it's near the front door.

And if you have the previously free Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery house, Labyrinthian isn't too far from that.

Also re Labyrinthian -- it's one of those DLC public dungeons where you need to be somewhat careful when soloing the group event. The toughest bit is when two large flesh atronachs (?) are pounding the ground and causing large and lethal AoEs.

Thank you! This ended up being extremely useful, as I realized with 7 minutes to go that I was 3 skeletons short through my normal play. In a panic I couldn't think where to go, but from your post I ported to W Skyrim, made for Labyrinthian (which I haven't explored yet but Map Pins addon ftw), ran to the skyshard and laid down an aoe just as someone was in the midst of killing the skeletons by it :)
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new weekly endeavors include a transmute crystal reward. So if you're very near your cap for those, you might want to use some up first.

Also, there's an unusually high number of seals (400, plus the 20 crystals). Much more worthwhile than some weeks.

One of the options is Cyrodill wall (or door) repair. That might only take 30 or so Keep Wall Repair kits. Pretty inexpensive if you don't have time for one of the other options.

Personally, I think this is a fine week to go get companions for some of my magicka characters who still lack them. Those quests can be done by literally spamming Unstable Wall of Elements. Oh, I'll actually weave light attacks, use at least 1 damaging glyph, and perhaps wear 1 or 2 proc sets, but 1/2 or more of the kills should still be from weapon abilities.

Another thought is to do some Main Quest installments on some of my alts. Nice and solo, even if I would bring companions along to get them a little combat XP.

... Oh, wait. I still have 15 minutes of Pelinal's Ferocity on one of my alts. That makes wall repair very appealing ...
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 16, 2021 7:04AM
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Another weekly is "Kill 250 Foes with Weapon Abilities" which is done pretty easy if you are able to solo i.e. fungal grotto. It took me at about 30 minutes with my magicka necromancer, just used unstable wall and elemental ring and one and a half run. There are sooooo many mini spiders, the most difficult thing is not to use light attack, only the two weapon abilities and every now and then selfhealing. There are for sure other locations like this, fungal grotto was the first one with tons of mobs coming into my mind.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oznog666 wrote: »
    Another weekly is "Kill 250 Foes with Weapon Abilities" which is done pretty easy if you are able to solo i.e. fungal grotto. It took me at about 30 minutes with my magicka necromancer, just used unstable wall and elemental ring and one and a half run. There are sooooo many mini spiders, the most difficult thing is not to use light attack, only the two weapon abilities and every now and then selfhealing. There are for sure other locations like this, fungal grotto was the first one with tons of mobs coming into my mind.

Another good area for this weekly is skyreach: with a stamsorc, using hail and whirling blades, it took me only one run to get the objective.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oznog666 wrote: »

Good point about the swarms in Fungal Grotto 1.

I presume you were using Elemental Ring to pull? (I learned semi-recently that recasting Unstable Wall and hence ending it early gives just as big a burst as Elemental Ring.)
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    All good options this week and a nice reward, probably because of Quakecon.

First I took one of my newer characters to Deshaan to get some experience soloing world bosses, with the added benefit of a chance at MS drops. If I had Orsinium atm I would have gone there for the last chance at making bank on Pariah and Briarheart gear before the event, when people will be out in droves farming I imagine.

Then I ran through Blessed Crucible on my stamsorc to kill the Troll King for the daily troll endeavor. Even with normal (light attack weaving) gameplay, I got that endeavor about halfway done.

Finally I remembered the Cyrodiil campaigns are almost over (hours or a day left!), so I took my speed farmer and Cyrodiil scout in to repair some walls for the endeavor. As said, it took a few minutes and maybe 30 repair kits to complete, then I kept going to get to Tier 1 for the transmute geode. This probably needs somewhere around 250 kits, but toward the end there was a mini "battle" between one enemy player and several of my alliance, and the Keep Defense bonus I got from being in the area boosted me straight to Tier 2.

So the Cyrodiil one is probably quickest and a great way to double dip for transmutes even if you don't PvP.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    a nice reward, probably because of Quakecon.

"Nine times out of ten, the cynics are right."
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 17, 2021 12:22AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is counting toward the "Weapon Abilities" endeavor?
    • Single kills with direct damage weapon skills?
    • Simultaneous kills with direct damage weapon skills?
    • Kills with weapon DoTs?

@DarcyMardin and I both have the impression that that endeavor is progressing more slowly than it should, but neither of us has done a careful check to confirm.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 16, 2021 11:52PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@DarcyMardin and I both have the impression that that endeavor is progressing more slowly than it should, but neither of us has done a careful check to confirm.

Yes, basically all single target, aoe, or dot skills from the 2h, bow, s&b, dual wield, and staff abilities, but they have to get the killing blow to count. If your enchant, proc, status effect, poison, or any other skill gets the killing blow then it won’t count. Armor buff for sorc and dk can also steal your kill and not count.

Personally I found doing the cyrodill repair quest much easier. It took me 3 minutes and you can totally avoid pvp if it’s something you don’t like, but you do have to buy repair kits.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally I remembered the Cyrodiil campaigns are almost over (hours or a day left!), so I took my speed farmer and Cyrodiil scout in to repair some walls for the endeavor. As said, it took a few minutes and maybe 30 repair kits to complete, then I kept going to get to Tier 1 for the transmute geode. This probably needs somewhere around 250 kits, but toward the end there was a mini "battle" between one enemy player and several of my alliance, and the Keep Defense bonus I got from being in the area boosted me straight to Tier 2.

So the Cyrodiil one is probably quickest and a great way to double dip for transmutes even if you don't PvP.

Yep. I was getting 125 AP per kit before my Pelinal's ran out. 64 per kit afterwards.

400 or so kits, at 90 gold each, should suffice for a 50-crystal geode plus a Rewards of the Worthy (another 4+ crystals).

The weekly endeavor itself takes a tiny fraction of that. I'd actually say ~15 kits rather then ~30.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Yes, basically all single target, aoe, or dot skills from the 2h, bow, s&b, dual wield, and staff abilities, but they have to get the killing blow to count. If your enchant, proc, status effect, poison, or any other skill gets the killing blow then it won’t count. Armor buff for sorc and dk can also steal your kill and not count.

Personally I found doing the cyrodill repair quest much easier. It took me 3 minutes and you can totally avoid pvp if it’s something you don’t like, but you do have to buy repair kits.

The repair kits are cheap -- total is in the range of 1K gold.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The amount of damage you repair per kit is effected by healing buffs. North of the wayshine for the north anchor in Alik'r is the Ritual mundus stone.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    The amount of damage you repair per kit is effected by healing buffs. North of the wayshine for the north anchor in Alik'r is the Ritual mundus stone.

Ack. No matter how often I repair walls, I keep forgetting it.

The Powered trait on a weapon is said to help too.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ideas for bestial daedra include but are hardly limited to:
    • Get a jump on Imperial City daily quests for the upcoming Year One event.
    • Get Mirri on a character that doesn't have her yet.
    • Do a leg of the main quest on an alt that doesn't have it yet.
    • Dolmens in general.
    • The "Aswala Stables" dolmen in the Alik'r Desert in particular, which is surrounded by bestial daedra.
    • Many locations in Coldharbour.
    • Various towns in Auridon.
    • Banished Cells 1.

In the interest of research, I visited BC 1. The first pull is just 3 Banekin. Easy-peasy. But to get all the way up to 10 required making it all the way to the Banekin that spawn right before the Shadowrend fight.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the dungeon to go to for bestial daedra isn't BC1; it's City of Ash 1. The first two pulls look like they're mainly banekin plus at least one scamp, and it looks like they have at least 10 mobs between them.

That may be the most reliably quick way of doing the endeavor I've thought of so far.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 19, 2021 7:16AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, the dungeon to go to for bestial daedra isn't BC1; it's City of Ash 1. The first two pulls look like they're mainly banekin plus at least one scamp, and it looks like they have at least 10 mobs between them.

That may be the most reliably quick way of doing the endeavor I've thought of so far.

Every time I’ve had this endeavor, I go to whichever is up of the Alikr Desert dolmen train. Usually only takes not even a whole dolmen to get those seals.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normally, Tel-Var stones are a lousy choice for an endeavor. However, it's now less than a week before the start of an event that includes Imperial City daily quests, and I prefer to get those done BEFORE an event starts.

That said, in fact I knocked off three other endeavors quicly, and hence didn't get to that one myself.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're doing daily quests in advance for the upcoming event, the single fastest Craglorn/Wrothgar choice is Taken Alive, by the Valley of the Scars wayshrine in Craglorn.

The ONLY creatures you need to kill, if you successfully ride past the rest, are two "difficult enemies". And they're not very difficult.

Of course, this an endeavor you'll almost always complete by doing a single dolmen instead. I.e., it's an easy one.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody have actual numbers about which siege engines do how much damage to which kinds of NPCs?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All good options this week and a nice reward, probably because of Quakecon.

The evidence for your theory continues to mount.