The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

All About Endeavors – Basics, tips, experiences, guides and more

• oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Collect 5 Cloth-Producing Plants. If for some reason you can't find them in the wild, doing 2 crafting surveys should suffice.

I could be mistaken, but I went to do a survey with no progress on the bar and had the endeavor tick as completed after I collected 4 ancestor silks and 1 furrier's trap, meaning the latter counts as a "cloth-producing plant". Perhaps it's best not to think too much about what that would look like :D
    PC NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    [*] Collect 5 Cloth-Producing Plants. If for some reason you can't find them in the wild, doing 2 crafting surveys should suffice.

I could be mistaken, but I went to do a survey with no progress on the bar and had the endeavor tick as completed after I collected 4 ancestor silks and 1 furrier's trap, meaning the latter counts as a "cloth-producing plant". Perhaps it's best not to think too much about what that would look like :D

This one also noticed that. She did not expect that the hide crates would count and yet they did.

Good, good - another day done.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could have been clearer as to how to easily do the "Escape a guard" endeavor. While there are many options, the plan I'd suggest is:
    • Steal something in front of an NPC who is not a guard, thus incurring a bounty. The place I chose to do this is at the Vivec City depot for turning in crafting writs; there always are both things to steal there and at least one NPC to witness the theft.
    • Arrange to encounter a guard near an easy escape route. I chose to do this by walking along the gangplank back to the Vivec City crafting area.
    • After the guard arrests you, use the "flee" option and flee.

I did all this with a character who had the skill Race Against Time, but I doubt that precaution was really necessary. After you Break Free once, you should have plenty of time to escape. You WILL take damage for a few seconds until you swim out of range (or enter an Outlaw Refuge), but that's easy to withstand.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 28, 2021 6:01PM
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I could have been clearer as to how to easily do the "Escape a guard" endeavor. While there are many options, the plan I'd suggest is:
    • Steal something in front of an NPC who is not a guard, thus incurring a bounty. The place I chose to do this is at the Vivec City depot for turning in crafting writs; there always are both things to steal there and at least one NPC to witness the theft.
    • Arrange to encounter a guard near an easy escape route. I chose to do this by walking along the gangplank back to the Vivec City crafting area.
    • After the guard arrests you, use the "flee" option and flee.

I did all this with a character who had the skill Race Against Time, but I doubt that precaution was really necessary. After you Break Free once, you should have plenty of time to escape. You WILL take damage for a few seconds until you swim out of range (or enter an Outlaw Refuge), but that's easy to withstand.

Thanks, this worked great. In Summerset I tried to pickpocket someone by the side entrance so I had an escape right
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's endeavors include:
    • Complete 1 Heist. That of course requires a little progress into the Thieves Guild quest line.
    • Complete 1 Black Sacrament. Ditto, but the Dark Brotherhood.
    • Loot 2 Treasure Chests. Most things you could think of are confirmed to count, as per previous discussion. I don't know whether chests in heists do.
    • Kill 5 Reptiles. I can report that crocodiles and guar both count. Other discussion of reptiles is above and in the predecessor thread linked above.
    • Complete 1 Quest for Cheydinhal in Cyrodiil. Cheydinhal is deep in EP territory -- SE of Arrius Keep and SW of Farragut Keep and has very easy quests. Several of the quests, for example "Spice", are for tasks that do NOT have spawn rate problem. If you have an EP character, this is about as benign as a Cyrodiil town quest endeavor can be.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 29, 2021 6:18AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked because it was brought up in the General Discussion Forums but durzogs still count as reptiles, so the reptiles endeavor can be completed in Blessed Crucible.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, one problem that Cheydinhal does have is that it takes a couple of minutes to ride to. So if there's a griefer there, as there currently is in the Blackreach campaign on PC/NA, that's tedious.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The chest -- with an Intermediate lock -- that is part of one of the Cheydinhal quests does NOT count for the treasure chest endeavor.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 29, 2021 10:33AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arx Corinium, cited as an instanced place to farm reptiles, happens to be one of the pledges today.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding today's non-PvP daily endeavors:
    • Complete 1 Quest is trivial. A crafting writ will suffice. So, of course, does whatever you turn in for event tickets for Midyear Mayhem.
    • Pick 5 Locks requires you to actually pick, rather than bash them. Oh well.
    • Excavate 2 Antiquities is quick if you have DLC access to the antiquities system. If for some reason you haven't already done so, unlocking the Antiquities skill line isn't bad. If you've already done that and have no currently live leads you want to knock off anyway, a few minutes on Artaeum will finish the Endeavor. By the way, recall that you get rapport with Bastian for scrying and with Mirri for excavation.

The other two are Kill 1 Delve Boss in Cyrodiil and Defeat 1 Patrolling Horror in the Imperial City Districts.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 30, 2021 6:31AM
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    • Complete 1 Quest is trivial. A crafting writ will suffice. So, of course, does whatever you turn in for event tickets for Midyear Mayhem.
    • Excavate 2 Antiquities is quick if you have DLC access to the antiquities system. If for some reason you haven't, unlocking the Antiquities skill line isn't bad. If you've already done that and have no currently live leads you want to knock off anyway, a few minutes on Artaeum will finish the Endeavor. By the way, recall that you get rapport with Bastian for scrying and with Mirri for excavation.

The other two are Kill 1 Delve Boss in Cyrodiil and Defeat 1 Patrolling Horror in the Imperial City Districts.

Even if you don't have a live lead for scrying, I think you can do the green ones over and over. Should count
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some notes on lock-picking opportunities:
    • Treasure chests are often in short supply.
    • Safeboxes are always in short supply.
    • Heists typically have 4 locked chests each. (One, IIRC, has 7.)
    • Some quests, dungeons, and so on may have 1 each.
    • Locked houses are not really in short supply. And you don't have to go into a house whose door you have unlocked, if you don't want to.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Excavate 2 Antiquities is quick if you have DLC access to the antiquities system. If for some reason you haven't, unlocking the Antiquities skill line isn't bad. If you've already done that and have no currently live leads you want to knock off anyway, a few minutes on Artaeum will finish the Endeavor. By the way, recall that you get rapport with Bastian for scrying and with Mirri for excavation.

Even if you don't have a live lead for scrying, I think you can do the green ones over and over. Should count

Absolutely. But it's a lot faster to do that on Artaeum than in most other zones.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as a note from the General Discussion (especially here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579596/kill-1-delve-boss-in-cyrodiil-is-broken) and Bugs sections, the Kill 1 Delve Boss in Cyrodiil endeavor is currently severely bugged. It seems killing any NPC that is not a delve boss, or otherwise in a delve, within Cyrodiil gives credit for the endeavor. This does make it much easier for everyone to complete, including non PvPers.

A quick way to complete it is to kill an NPC at a resource held by an opposing alliance, although killing random NPCs anywhere in Cyrodiil may also give credit for it, this hasn't been confirmed one way or another yet.
    PC NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick way to complete it is to kill an NPC at a resource held by an opposing alliance, although killing random NPCs anywhere in Cyrodiil may also give credit for it, this hasn't been confirmed one way or another yet.

A PVE-enemy won't give credit. It has to be a PVP-NPC (castle & resources guards).
    I guess ZOS will fix that before it returns into the daily endeavors anyway.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 1, 2021 4:21AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three of today's endeavors are straightforward:
    • Craft 4 Items with the Clothier skill. Note that this is completed automatically if you do 2 Clothier crafting writs.
    • Kill 10 Humanoid Foes. There are lots of those around. If goblins are humanoid, then the easiest instanced source of such foes would be Fungal Grotto 1.
    • Kill 15 Foes with Class Abilities. This is easy if you play a character whose build focuses on class rather than weapon skill. Obvious candidates include magdens, stamdens, magplars, magblades, and magicka DKs. But any spec could work well, stamblade perhaps excepted.

The other two are:
    • Kill 5 Citizens with the Blade of Woe. That should be straightforward if you enter a Black Sacrament, which you can do if you'd advanced a little further in the Dark Brotherhood quest line.
    • Complete 1 Dungeon. (And yes, the mouseover text makes it clear that these must be group dungeons, as is also the case for the weekly endeavor.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 1, 2021 8:17AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, even if you use no weapon skills, not all your kills will necessarily be with class abilities. For example, I knocked off two endeavors by taking a warden to a delve full of human bandits, where she'd never been before. I made sure not to use the weapon skllls I usually do. Even so, I had a bear and a companion and three proc sets and weapon enchantments and reflexive light attack weaves.

Only a third or so (I didn't track closely) of my kills counted for the endeavor.

It went quickly even so.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 1, 2021 8:16AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one made sure to dismiss her companion while doing the class skills thing as some of the things Mirri was doing seemed to stop the kill counting.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one made sure to dismiss her companion while doing the class skills thing as some of the things Mirri was doing seemed to stop the kill counting.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Not an ideal choice for me, as I am still grinding companion XP, and anticipate doing so for quite some time to come.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding today's daily endeavors:
    • Repair 7500 Damage to Structures in Cyrodiil requires the use of exactly 2 Keep Wall Repair Kits. Map to a keep that you don't think your alliance has held for an incredibly long time. Check whether or not the wall at the inner postern door next to the Siege Merchant is at full strength. If it isn't, buy 2 repair kits (or use ones you got in event reward boxes), quickslot them, use them from the quickslot, and you're done.
    • Kill 2 World Bosses has already been discussed at length. Traditional favorites include the lurcher near the Daggerfall docks, the troll in the middle of Deshaan who's very near a dolmen, or any world boss that might drop an antiquities lead you need to farm anyway.
    • Deconstruct 5 items at a Jewelry Crafting table is, for most people, a quick bit of busy work. It can cost far less than the 4K gold that is part of today's endeavor reward.
    • Pickpocket 6 Items is a matter of taste. See also next post.
    • Complete 1 Battleground Match ... well, I've never been to the Battlegrounds and have nothing to say about that.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 2, 2021 6:39AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a couple of tests of finding pickpocketing victims.
    • Going into a Black Sacrament does work, but it may be more hassle than it's worth. There are guards with flare lanterns, and teleporting back out is difficult.
    • Going into a heist doesn't work at all.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Repair 7500 Damage to Structures in Cyrodiil requires the use of exactly 2 Keep Wall Repair Kits. Map to a keep that you don't think your alliance has held for an incredibly long time. Check whether or not the wall at the inner postern door next to the Siege Merchant is at full strength. If it isn't, buy 2 repair kits (or use ones you got in event reward boxes), quickslot them, use them from the quickslot, and you're done.

For the sake of safety if you are afraid of being ganked, you can also check around keeps that are well within your friendly territory. They may not have been fully repaired or be in one of those intermittent stages where the walls go to 75% health (I don't PvP often so I don't know the right term for this, but you'll know it when you see it). Safe, easy, and quick :)
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Repair 7500 Damage to Structures in Cyrodiil requires the use of exactly 2 Keep Wall Repair Kits. Map to a keep that you don't think your alliance has held for an incredibly long time. Check whether or not the wall at the inner postern door next to the Siege Merchant is at full strength. If it isn't, buy 2 repair kits (or use ones you got in event reward boxes), quickslot them, use them from the quickslot, and you're done.

For the sake of safety if you are afraid of being ganked, you can also check around keeps that are well within your friendly territory. They may not have been fully repaired or be in one of those intermittent stages where the walls go to 75% health (I don't PvP often so I don't know the right term for this, but you'll know it when you see it). Safe, easy, and quick :)

Not much chance of being ganked if you're inside a keep. It happened to me once in a few hours of wall repair, which I was doing with the game sounds off. Literally zero chance if you are just dropping in to do two repairs for the endeavor.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 2, 2021 10:14AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The world boss endeavor went well for me today.
    • I lacked food; no problem, as there were other folks at each boss.
    • The first boss was my first Blackwood one ever, and I got the Kilt lead.
    • For the second boss, I had the additional handicap of a cat blocking my screen. Still no problem, as there were other folks there and it was the easy lurcher near Daggerfall.

The serious point of this post is to remind folks that world bosses are easy as long as other people show up too. And I did this in the middle of the night in the US and other people were there even so.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 2, 2021 10:18AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's daily endeavors include:
    • Craft 5 Items with the Provisioning skill. Just craft a bit of something you tend to make stacks of anyway.
    • Harvest 10 Resources from the World. This means 10 nodes. And crafting maps count.
    • Excavate 4 Antiquities. If you've been meaning to train a new antiquarian, starting with the Arteum grind, now would be a perfect time.
    • Kill 2 Players in Cyrodiil. Not for everybody, especially as it seems to require that you land the killing blow.
    • Kill 10 Vampires.

I'm not sure what the most reliable sources of vampires are, especially since vampires are often not labeled as such. They sometimes show up at dolmens, but not reliably. Spindleclutch 2 has some, but I don't know how many. There are of course various landscape areas and delves with vampires or bloodfiends -- but which delves?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK. I tested Spindleclutch 2.
    • There are no vampires before the first boss.
    • Killing the first boss and her adds took me to 6/10.
    • No more before or at the second boss. (That would be the famed old DPS check Bloodspawn.)
    • A couple of trash packs after Bloodspawn, the endeavor finished.
    I presume there are easier ways.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's daily endeavors include:
    • Deal 100,000 damage with Siege Weapons. The way to do this is to use siege on NPC mobs in Cyrodiil. More on that below.
    • Afflict 20 Enemies with Weapon Poisons. Easy. Equip a poison on each bar, then go out and kill stuff.
    • Steal 20 Items from the environment. You'll more than satisfy this in one pass through the hold of the Hotspur on the Daggerfall docks.
    • Kill 10 Bestial Daedra. Daedra are usually a mix of bestial and humanoid, so if you kill enough dozens of them you are very likely to satisfy this endeavor. Places I'd consider for this endeavor include Banished Cells 1, the scamp-infested parts of Stormhaven or Auridon, Sanguine's Desmesne, or various parts of Coldharbour. I don't really know which is best.
    • Kill 4 Dangerous Foes. A public dungeons might be easiest.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To kill NPCs in Cyrodiil, first you need to find them. Then you shoot them, either with some kind of Cold Fire Siege or, if you don't have that, a Meatbag Catapult you can buy for 1200 or so AP from a siege quartermaster.

The obvious place to look for landscape mobs in Cyrodiil is in quest hub towns or outside delves. ("Outside" because I'm not sure siege would work inside.) When I did this today I went to the delve near the outpost a bit north of Brindle. It looked like there were solitary ogres there rather than groups of bandits. So I put down a Cold Fire Ballista, shot one, and just stayed in it when he ran at me and shot him one or two more times. Endeavor done.

The most reliable source of targets would of course be a resource (best of all) or town or keep under enemy control, but that raises the possibility of a bit more PvP than some people would prefer.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something surprising:

I dropped by Bruma. I did Enemy Reinforcements. I did the dolmen ... and I finished 4 Dangerous Foes before the dolmen's final boss spawned.

I'm guessing that the Xivkyn in the dolmen spawns counted as "dangerous", but that's just a guess.