The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All About Endeavors – Basics, tips, experiences, guides and more

• oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something surprising:

I dropped by Bruma. I did Enemy Reinforcements. I did the dolmen ... and I finished 4 Dangerous Foes before the dolmen's final boss spawned.

I'm guessing that the Xivkyn in the dolmen spawns counted as "dangerous", but that's just a guess.

I was just going to post about this as a tip to complete three endeavors over the course of one Fighters Guild daily. Xivkyn, Harvesters, and other larger daedra that spawn at dolmens all have the blips next to their health bars indicating they are dangerous foes. I, too, completed "Kill 4 Dangerous Foes" during one dolmen. During the second I finished "Kill 10 Bestial Daedra" and after the third was at 17/20 on "Afflict 20 Enemies with Weapon Poisons" which I then completed pretty quickly killing random mobs in the surrounding countryside, but if I'd have been more diligent about tagging all enemies with light attacks to proc the poisons (double barred cheap poisons), then I probably could have finished that by the end of the third dolmen.

I had earlier been planning a run of either of the solo arena using poisons as another way to get three endeavors in one go, but the Fighter's Guild daily method is far more accessible and works just as well.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Something surprising:

I dropped by Bruma. I did Enemy Reinforcements. I did the dolmen ... and I finished 4 Dangerous Foes before the dolmen's final boss spawned.

I'm guessing that the Xivkyn in the dolmen spawns counted as "dangerous", but that's just a guess.

I was just going to post about this as a tip to complete three endeavors over the course of one Fighters Guild daily. Xivkyn, Harvesters, and other larger daedra that spawn at dolmens all have the blips next to their health bars indicating they are dangerous foes. I, too, completed "Kill 4 Dangerous Foes" during one dolmen. During the second I finished "Kill 10 Bestial Daedra" and after the third was at 17/20 on "Afflict 20 Enemies with Weapon Poisons" which I then completed pretty quickly killing random mobs in the surrounding countryside, but if I'd have been more diligent about tagging all enemies with light attacks to proc the poisons (double barred cheap poisons), then I probably could have finished that by the end of the third dolmen.

I had earlier been planning a run of either of the solo arena using poisons as another way to get three endeavors in one go, but the Fighter's Guild daily method is far more accessible and works just as well.

@DarcyMardin reports a similar experience, almost finishing 3 endeavors at a single dolmen.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something surprising:

Any enemy with one or more pips on their health bar will count, so even trolls and minotaurs will count for instance. The tall, size is usually a clue, xivkyn will also count.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Something surprising:

Very usefull info. 2 Dolmen and I was done.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new weekly endeavors are all easy!
    • Kill 100 Foes with Weapon Abilities. Just go out with a weapon-skill-heavy build and act naturally.
    • Use Ultimate Abilities 40 Times. Just use your ultimates even in fights that don't require them, and otherwise act naturally. This one also procs if you just resummon your warden bear.
    • Repair 75000 Damage to Structures in Cyrodiil, which could be rephrased as Use 15 or so Keep Wall Repair kits. (More notes on this kind of endeavor above.)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 of this week's endeavors are pretty easy:
    • Craft 5 Items with the Jewelry Crafting skill. Do 2-3 jewelry crafting writs and you're done.
    • Harvest 8 Resources from the World. As discussed above, that's 8 nodes. Finding them is not hard.
    • Kill 1 Giant. Ogres and minotaurs seem to count, as do some other kinds of monsters cited above.

Two others may not be suitable for everybody:
    • Earn 150 Tel Var Stones Through Kills. That means killing a couple of Xivkyn or whatever in Imperial City -- which means surviving for a little while in Imperial City.
    • Loot 1 Thieves Trove. There aren't a lot of thieves troves out there. This one could be hard.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    The new weekly endeavors are all easy!
    • Kill 100 Foes with Weapon Abilities. Just go out with a weapon-skill-heavy build and act naturally.
    • Use Ultimate Abilities 40 Times. Just use your ultimates even in fights that don't require them, and otherwise act naturally. This one also procs if you just resummon your warden bear.
    • Repair 75000 Damage to Structures in Cyrodiil, which could be rephrased as Use 15 or so Keep Wall Repair kits. (More notes on this kind of endeavor above.)

Yeah! I'll get the weekly this time around.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the Tel Var endeavor of being bugged, and advancing when event reward boxes are opened.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the Tel Var endeavor of being bugged, and advancing when event reward boxes are opened.

I confirm that it advances with loot boxes. Not sure if it's a bug, but it sure is in contradiction with the endeavor title, which mentions specifically "through kills".

Not a bad thing though.

EDIT : not ALL loot boxes, only the MidYear Mayhem boxes. The Tel Var included in the daily IC quests rewards (the district quests) does not trigger advancement.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 5, 2021 12:42PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I confirm that it advances with loot boxes. Not sure if it's a bug, but it sure is in contradiction with the endeavor title, which mentions specifically "through kills".

Not a bad thing though.

EDIT : not ALL loot boxes, only the MidYear Mayhem boxes. The Tel Var included in the daily IC quests rewards (the district quests) does not trigger advancement.

Right. The endeavor probably triggers on all Tel-Var gains except those from a particular list of sources, and Midyear Mayhem boxes were inadvertantly left off the list.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's daily endeavors are:
    • Consume 2 Foods. This one is trivial.
    • Revive 1 Fallen Player. I.e., resurrect them. That's very easy with a partner. Otherwise, it's problematic.
    • Kill 5 Plant Creatures. The examples given are stranglers and lurchers. I imagine spriggans would count as well. These monsters aren't super-common, so it's worth thinking about instanced sources. Elden Hollow 1 is the obvious one to try, although I imagine one would have to kill a few dozen humanoids too.
    • Complete 1 Public Dungeon Group Event. This one isn't hard, as the respawn timers are pretty quick. Public dungeons with plant creatures include Root Sunder in Grahtwood and Toothmaul Gully (at least around the group event) in Auridon.
    • Complete 1 Quest for Bruma in Cyrodiil. We've discussed Cyrodiil town quest endeavors before. I have nothing to add except to note that Midear Mayhem will end in a few hours.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Kill 5 Plant Creatures. The examples given are stranglers and lurchers. I imagine spriggans would count as well. These monsters aren't super-common, so it's worth thinking about instanced sources. Elden Hollow 1 is the obvious one to try, although I imagine one would have to kill a few dozen humanoids too.
    [/list]

I went to the Deleyn´s mill in Glenumbra and quickly killed 5 Spriggans - job done!

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Can't I revive myself?

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Can't I revive myself?

That is a nope. Tried it.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Complete 1 Public Dungeon Group Event.

If you aren't also attempting to kill 5 Plant Creatures, you can do a mages guild daily quest which will lead you to a public dungeon group event. Then just kill the boss for the endeavor and collect the item from the chest for progress in the mages guild skill line if you have a character that needs it.

Also, it doesn't need to be a group event boss you haven't completed before (I worried when I first saw it that the "Group Event Complete" text would have to appear on the screen, but tested and got credit for a repeat boss).
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    [*] Complete 1 Public Dungeon Group Event.

If you aren't also attempting to kill 5 Plant Creatures, you can do a mages guild daily quest which will lead you to a public dungeon group event. Then just kill the boss for the endeavor and collect the item from the chest for progress in the mages guild skill line if you have a character that needs it.

Also, it doesn't need to be a group event boss you haven't completed before (I worried when I first saw it that the "Group Event Complete" text would have to appear on the screen, but tested and got credit for a repeat boss).

Or if you're still grinding companion mages guild skills, or if you're grinding Bastian rapport.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 of today's daily endeavors are of kinds we've discussed before:
    • Kill 15 Foes with Class Abilities. If you have a character and build that focuses on class skills, just go out and kill stuff. Within a few dozen corpses you'll be done. Every class has good options for this on the magicka side, and most do in stamina builds as well.
    • Pick 5 locks. That means "pick", not bash. And the number is too high to be reached in most heists. Otherwise, this is straightforward too, although if you have trouble finding treasure chests you might have to resort to unlocking people's front doors.
    • Kill 2 World Bosses. This one gets discussed a lot.
    • Cut 5 Logs of Wood. This surely means 5 nodes, whether from crafting maps or in the wild as the case may be.

The fifth is Kill 4 People, which calls for murdering "innocent" enemies.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 7, 2021 7:18AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a bit of synergy: If you break into a house and murder the inhabitant(s), there's a good chance you'll find a safebox in there too.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two of today's daily endeavors will be rejected by most players:
    • Kill 1 Player in Cyrodiil.
    • Complete 1 Battleground Match.

The other three are:
    • Complete 1 Quest. This is trivial, since crafting writs suffice.
    • Refine Raw Materials 2 Times. This is also trivial.
    • Complete 1 Dungeon. Let the moaning and groaning begin.

For the record: If you've reached CP 160, it's very likely you can solo Banished Cells 1 and/or Fungal Grotto 1. The worst-case scenario would probably arise if your only character is a stamblade optimized for thieving, but even then you should be fine with Vigor, Leeching Strikes, a companion for more healing, and some halfway sensible build.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 8, 2021 6:10AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Note: If you don't have the skill points currently invested to get a great return on refining mats, pick one of the items for which 10 grains or whatever refine into 1 real thing. In those cases, there's no RNG; your outcome is precisely predetermined, and independent of skill point investment.

E.g., as a test I did the endeavor by twice refining 10 Volcanic Dust into 1 Volcanic Viridian.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Complete 1 Dungeon. Let the moaning and groaning begin.
    [/list]

For the record: If you've reached CP 160, it's very likely you can solo Banished Cells 1 and/or Fungal Grotto 1.

I don't want to complain, but today I had to try to ignore this task. Sure, I could do one of the easier group dungeons solo without any problems, but that's still not something I do "on the side" in a few minutes. For a solo / PvE player there were actually today only 2 tasks that could be done on the side without any problems.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    [*] Complete 1 Dungeon. Let the moaning and groaning begin.
    [/list]

For the record: If you've reached CP 160, it's very likely you can solo Banished Cells 1 and/or Fungal Grotto 1.

I don't want to complain, but today I had to try to ignore this task. Sure, I could do one of the easier group dungeons solo without any problems, but that's still not something I do "on the side" in a few minutes. For a solo / PvE player there were actually today only 2 tasks that could be done on the side without any problems.

Yep. It's a pain unless one's anyway in the mood to do it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's daily endeavors include:
    • Craft 4 Items with the Enchanting skill. Crafting writ time. Also, see next endeavor.
    • Enchant 2 Pieces of Equipment. Trivial, even if trivially wasteful.
    • Loot 2 Treasure Chests. Recall that this includes chests of all kinds, including those at dolmens.
    • Kill 10 Citizens with the Blade of Woe. For those who like this sort of thing, that's the sort of thing they might like.
    • Destroy 10 Skeletons.

Regading the skeletons one:
    • I'm often a bit confused as to what's a ghost and what's a skeleton.
    • I'd guess Draugr are skeletons.
    • If so, Direfrost Keep and Hall of the Dead should be sources of skeletons.
    • Easier, unless they're overfarmed, would be delves with skeletons. In particular, I'd guess skeletons can be found in the familiar Bogrul-quest delves in Bangorkai, Desaan, and The Rift.

Edit: Draugr actually do NOT count as skeletons! I tested this in Shroud Hearth Barrow (the Bogrul quest delve in The Rift).
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 9, 2021 11:54AM
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI
    I post the daily and weekly endeavors on my website and collect tips I learn that advance the dailies.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-endeavors/

I hope you find the information useful.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it may have been brought up in the pts thread, but I thought Crypt of Hearts I would be a good source of easy instanced skeletons. The skeletons at the beginning are mixed in with zombies, though, so it required clearing the first room + hallway to get 9, then I had to jump down to get the tenth. It still only took a few minutes, but not as quick as I thought it would be.
    PC NA
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a little trouble advancing the "Kill 15 foes with class abilities" endeavor.

Set procs, light attacks, warden bear attacks, companion attacks and other player attacks may be getting in the way. Even when I consciously avoid light attacks and use only class attack skills, I'm advancing the endeavor on half or less of my kills.

Obviously, one can get this done, but it seems finicky.

I had the same experience with the “kill with class skills” endeavor. Probably because I had a companion out and was weaving light attacks. I stopped using light attacks and hit each enemy only with a couple of class skills to finally finish this endeavor. But even so, I had to kill way more than 15 — by the time I finished I’d slaughtered about 50 or 60 bandits.

Note: These tasks were recently changed from killing blow to assisting. Also, all the "kill with" endeavors can be completed on passive (aka 1-hit mobs) mobs (rabbits, squirrels, pony guar, monkeys, etc.)
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, when I first saw Kill 10 Citizens with the Blade of Woe it seemed like a bit much compared to the other endeavors, especially because the reward today is only 10 seals. But I gave it a shot on the character that has become my "evil" go-to for the murdering and thieving endeavors and found it surprisingly easy and fun. And there was the added joy of running into other people on endeavor-fueled killing sprees :D
    PC NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy source for skeletons : burial tombs, northeast of Glenumbra. Wayshrine included.