Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All About Endeavors – Basics, tips, experiences, guides and more

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    The 15 foes doesn't work for my sorcerer at all. I've killed every kind of thing with my weapon only and zip-o

Weapon or weapon skills?

Weapon, a staff.....what's the difference?

Each of the 6 types of weapons have a skill line with 5 active skills and an ultimate you can unlock and slot to your action bar. From the way it's worded, it sound like you need to use those skills, not just light/heavy attacks with your staff.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    The 15 foes doesn't work for my sorcerer at all. I've killed every kind of thing with my weapon only and zip-o

Weapon or weapon skills?

Each of the 6 types of weapons have a skill line with 5 active skills and an ultimate you can unlock and slot to your action bar. From the way it's worded, it sound like you need to use those skills, not just light/heavy attacks with your staff.

thanks I'll give it a shot. I hadn't thought of it that way.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

Weapon or weapon skills?

I used Unstable wall of fire. It's been so long since I even tried any of these skills that I had no idea how powerful they've become as I've leveled. Whew. Kick butt. Worked great. Thanks again.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three of today's daily endeavors are easy for anybody:
    • Sell 15 Items to Merchants. Note that you can buy things back and sell them again.
    • Deconstruct 8 Items at a Woodworking table. A bit wasteful, but so be it.
    • Collect 2 Pure Water Springs or Alchemical Plants. There seem to be enough nodes to go around. If not, a crafting survey will also suffice

The other two are:
    • Kill 5 Citizens with the Blade of Woe. As noted above, getting access to the Blade of Woe isn't hard.
    • Complete 1 Duel. With a partner, this can be done in a few seconds. Or you could really duel. :)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three of today's daily endeavors are easy for anybody:
    • Sell 15 Items to Merchants. Note that you can buy things back and sell them again.
    • Deconstruct 8 Items at a Woodworking table. A bit wasteful, but so be it.
    • Collect 2 Pure Water Springs or Alchemical Plants. There seem to be enough nodes to go around. If not, a crafting survey will also suffice

The other two are:
    • Kill 5 Citizens with the Blade of Woe. As noted above, getting access to the Blade of Woe isn't hard.
    • Complete 1 Duel. With a partner, this can be done in a few seconds. Or you could really duel. :)

Today the rewards are just 10 seals per endeavor—looks as if they’re getting stingy.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today the rewards are just 10 seals per endeavor—looks as if they’re getting stingy.

Ok, today the tasks were also really easy and quick. Last week it bothered me more that you should kill 10 people for only 10 endeavors...

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two of today's daily endeavors are of kinds we've discussed repeatedly before:
    • Loot 1 Treasure Chest. Just complete 1 dolmen and you're done.
    • Afflict 10 Enemies with Weapon Poisons. Just equip some poisons (e.g. from your log-in rewards), kill some enemies (perhaps at dolmens), and you'll soon be done.

On the one character where I'm grinding Mirri rapport, I'm happy to do dolmens in the zone where I currently have a Fighters Guild daily quest active.

Two others depend on whether you are willing to do certain kinds of content.
    • Kill 1 Player in Cyrodiil.
    • Excavate 1 Antiquity. This one gives a small amount of Mirri rapport too.

The fifth is Destroy 1 Flame Atronach. I presume that includes both the flame-colored ones and the blueish ones.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I actually did today is dig up an antiquity in Mirri's presence and then -- when the dolmen I was targeting wasn't up -- stop by a delve. There was a treasure chest there, so I finished the endeavors for the day.

When I came back out, the dolmen was up, and it happened to include a flame atronach, so at that point I would have been done even without the antiquity dig.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, ZoS -- dropping rewards below the 20 seals/endeavor level is not cool. With my enthusiasm thus dimmed, I think this is a good time for me to bow out from daily maintenance of this thread.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 17, 2021 6:41AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I and many others appreciate your dedication to this thread from the very beginning on PTS. I agree, even though I haven't been keeping close track of the daily rewards, I could definitely see ZoS them dropping them over time to put the highest end rewards as far out of reach as possible. This thread contains a ton of information so it is also understandable to update less as the endeavors are increasingly repeats.

Cheers @FrancisCrawford :)
    PC NA
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, ZoS -- dropping rewards below the 20 seals/endeavor level is not cool. With my enthusiasm thus dimmed, I think this is a good time for me to bow out from daily maintenance of this thread.

Thanks for maintaining this thread. I’ve been checking it daily to see what was in store for me (I’ve been doing the endeavors on 3 accounts). But yeah, I doubt if I’ll bother if the rewards keep dropping. I don’t even care about most of the Crown store items that masses of these things will supposedly buy.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

You've been really helpful. Thanks for the thread.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You've been really helpful. Thanks for the thread.

Most welcome, everybody. I may still stop in if there's something new to say. Speaking of which:
    • Having a troll-only endeavor confirms that trolls don't fit into any other category of enemies.
    • The troll WB in Deshaan I keep recommending is named Sharpfang.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you need a purple or gold antiquities lead, and you've used up the once-per-account purple freebies in each zone, there are two quick ways to get such a lead.

1. Check whether you've REALLY used up all the purple freebies, even in the newest zones. :D

2. Go for another Void-Crystal Anomaly in Coldharbour. That lead still tends to drop very quickly from alchemy nodes in the Hollow City. (I've also gotten it at least once elsewhere in Coldharbour.)
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

If you need a purple or gold antiquities lead, and you've used up the once-per-account purple freebies in each zone, there are two quick ways to get such a lead.

1. Check whether you've REALLY used up all the purple freebies, even in the newest zones. :D

2. Go for another Void-Crystal Anomaly in Coldharbour. That lead still tends to drop very quickly from alchemy nodes in the Hollow City. (I've also gotten it at least once elsewhere in Coldharbour.)

I hadn't REALLY used up all my purples so this suggestion worked great. Now I'm afraid to go see if I missed anymore since I may need them next time. :)

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The weekly task with 25 antiquities is really perfect for increasing the relationship to Mirri and Bastian (just switch between them for scrying and excavating) as well as leveling the antiquity skilline. But doing 25 antiquities in a row is ... tough. :D
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    The weekly task with 25 antiquities is really perfect for increasing the relationship to Mirri and Bastian (just switch between them for scrying and excavating) as well as leveling the antiquity skilline. But doing 25 antiquities in a row is ... tough. :D

4 a day isn't bad if you have the time. I mean you can redo greenies all day long.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

4 a day isn't bad if you have the time. I mean you can redo greenies all day long.

Yes, four a day is not that bad, but I've done 25 in a row ... So soon I don't feel like searching and digging antiquities anymore, lol.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goblins aren't humanoids, it seems. Oh well. Lots of other things are -- including the 6 worm cultists who start off any dolmen.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Goblins aren't humanoids, it seems. Oh well. Lots of other things are -- including the 6 worm cultists who start off any dolmen.

I really like Dolmens. One day I'll get to all of them. They are always good for these "kill X"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I really like Dolmens. One day I'll get to all of them. They are always good for these "kill X"

I got bored with dolmens a while back, except in small doses. But I still have a few Fighters Guild quests to go before I'm through grinding Mirri's rapport to max on one of my characters and Bastian's FG skill line to 10 in general. So days like today, where you can finish three endeavors in two dolmens, are fine by me. :)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those who aren't adverse to PvP, the kill player weekly can be gotten in a single keep fight. You apparently don't need the killing blow, so just tag all you can with siege or AoE skills.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who aren't adverse to PvP, the kill player weekly can be gotten in a single keep fight. You apparently don't need the killing blow, so just tag all you can with siege or AoE skills.

Is it the same as or easier than advancing "Kill enemy nightblade/warden/player" kinds of quests?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it the same as or easier than advancing "Kill enemy nightblade/warden/player" kinds of quests?

For a solo player it should be the same. Those quests also tick for group kills in your vicinity though, I don't know if the endeavor does or not.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a little late, but endeavors do repeat. Looting the chest you dig up from a map counts for both.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Thieves Troves, it might be cool to honor @SantieClaws' plea above and leave something for others. I found a Thieves Trove that so far as I can tell had only a few lockpicks, and was glad to do so. Had I not had autoloot on, perhaps I would only have taken a single pick.

And by the way, Vasterie's Tutelage is a 3-trait sets. All the sets tested for similar endeavors on the PTS were 2- or 3- trait.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A thread about killing a dragon even if you don't have the relevant DLC.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/581847/how-to-kill-a-dragon-without-dlc#latest

The basic idea is "prologue quest".
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: Draugr actually do NOT count as skeletons! I tested this in Shroud Hearth Barrow (the Bogrul quest delve in The Rift).

Ack. Draugr aren't ghosts either.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyreach Catacombs seems to have a lot more skeletons than ghosts. However, the enemies in the Hall of the Fallen Kings, at the north end of the main level, are indeed ghosts. Probably not worth the trouble unless you're in the mood to clear the place anyway.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. The Corpse Garden in Deshaan didn't seem to have ghosts either.