Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All About Endeavors – Basics, tips, experiences, guides and more

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Edit: Daily endeavors did indeed start on June 17, as expected.

On or around June 17, 2021, ESO plans to introduce a new currency (Seals of Endeavor) and ways of earning it (Endeavors). The purposes of this thread are to:
• Outline the basics of the new system.
• Collect tips, bugs, observations and so on about particular endeavors.
• Offer a convenient place to link other guides to the endeavor system.

Its initial posts rely heavily upon observations in a similar thread that was based on PTS experiences.

The basics of what is and isn’t known about seals include:
• Much like gems, seals will be used to buy items found in whatever are the currently available “seasonal” crown crates.
• Gems and seals will be separate from and not convertible into each other.
• Until the system goes live, we will have no clues as to what items’ prices in seals will be. (On the PTS everything cost 1 seal, much as is the custom for PTS crown store items.)

Based on the PTS and other considerations, it seems likely that the list of items available for seals will basically be:
• Anything can also be bought for gems, ...
• … EXCEPT items that duplicate things that could be gotten in other ways in-game (e.g. experience scrolls or other consumables).

I.e., the new system seems designed to ensure that everything sold in crown crates is more-or-less available in-game as well.
Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 17, 2021 8:10AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was consistent on the PTS about endeavors included:
    • There were 5 daily endeavors, giving identical rewards.
    • There were 3 weekly endeavors, giving identical (and much larger) rewards.
    • But the rewards differed from day to day and week to week.
    • Of the 5 daily endeavors, you could complete and get rewarded for at most 3.
    • Of the 3 weekly endeavors, you could complete and get rewarded for at most 1.
    • All of your characters could contribute toward completing an endeavor.
    • You got rewarded automatically for completing endeavors when they were done; i.e., there was no kind of “turn-in step”.
    • New daily endeavors started at the same time as most daily quests reset (currently 2 am Eastern time in the United States).
    • New weekly endeavors started at that same time Monday morning (or Sunday night if you’re far enough west).
    • Everybody on the server got the same endeavors at the same time.

Not consistent on the PTS were numbers, such as:
    • The reward per endeavor.
    • How many of a particular kind of task you needed to do to complete the associated endeavor.

Endeavors on the PTS came in many kinds, including but not limited to:
    • Completing X of a particular kind of activity (e.g. group dungeon, public dungeon group event, trial, quest, heist, battleground match, etc.).
    • Killing Y of a particular class of monster (e.g. humanoid, giant, reptile, bestial daedra, etc.).
    • Doing Z of a particular kind of crafting action.
    • Doing V of a particular kind of PvP action.
    • Committing W of a particular kind of crime.

If you don’t like to PvP or commit crimes or whatever, there were usually enough endeavors of other kinds that you could hit the caps anyway.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tips for quite a few of the particular kinds of endeavor were discussed in the PTS-based thread also linked above. A few of those were:
    • If you need to harvest a particular kind of crafting node, crafting surveys count.
    • You get crafting surveys by doing daily crafting writs.
    • Most of the “craft X items” endeavors can be done by satisfying daily crafting writs. (Exception: If you need to craft items of a particular set, those don’t count for daily writs.)
    • If you need to open a treasure chest, the chests at dolmens will suffice.
    • If you explicitly need to unlock something, you really need to unlock it. Bashing the lock won’t do. One source for guaranteed (and bounty-free) unlock candidates is the chests in a heist.
    • If you need to pickpocket or murder people, you can enter a black sacrament to find convenient victims.
    • If you generally need to steal stuff, one great place is the rightmost boat on the Daggerfall docks, called the “Hotspur”. But not if you need to loot stuff of blue quality or higher.

The biggest focus for tips was the many endeavors that involve killing certain kinds of enemies. Issues with those included:
    • What does or doesn’t count toward the endeavor?
    • Where can one find such enemies either in instances, or in places in the overworld that have great respawn rates?

Points that arose during the PTS cycle included:
    • If you need an instanced source of reptiles to kill, Arx Corinium works pretty well.
    • “Bestial daedra” can be found in many dungeons, including at the start of Banished Cells 1.
    • Almost everything in Clockwork City counts as clockwork-type mobs, so with luck you won’t need instanced sources of those. If you do want an instance, one option is the first trash fight in Halls of Fabrication.
    • When last tested, ogres, minotaurs and flame behemoths counted as “Giants” but trolls and numerous other kinds of large monsters did not.
    • Not everything you think would count as a “beast” is. If this is a problem, one dungeon where the first fights are with beasts is City of Ash 2.
    • Skyreach Catacombs is one place to go for ghosts.

Note: Trash fights in normal dungeons aren’t that hard. If you can handle the trash fights in public dungeons, you can probably handle the ones in group dungeons as well.

Note: If you don’t know what crafting writs, heists, black sacraments, or Arx Corinium (for example) are, Google is your friend. So are UESP and @Alcast. :)

Of course, any details are subject to bug fixes or other change. For example, on the PTS durzogs counted as “reptiles”, and I doubt that that will long remain true when the system goes live. An endeavor to read lore books was clearly bugged on the PTS as well.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One case where I wasn't fully satisfied with the tips we came up with was for Dwemer constructs.
    • There are a lot of delves, public dungeons and other Dwemer caves, but respawn rates vary.
    • Darkshade Caverns 1 (or 2) is an instanced source, but you have to push through some boss fights.
    • Adds to Dwemer world bosses seem less than ideal for various reasons.

Two possibilities we did not work through, however, are:
    • Maelstrom Arena Round 2 (and if necessary 4). Dwemer, Clockwork, or both? The names (Seht's ....) suggest Clockwork. The look suggests Dwemer. I'm not aware of any tests on the PTS.
    • The Rkindaleft group event has an on-demand aspect to it. But is there a cooldown to the ability to trigger it?
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this. Very helpful!
  • AlgolStar
    AlgolStar
    ✭✭✭
    I was really curious about these Endeavors. Thank you for scratching that itch!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done @FrancisCrawford! Great info, thanks much!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this, and for all the time you put in to document how they worked on the PTS. I'm looking forward to this system and this info will be very helpful for getting started on completing them, especially the info on which creatures count as which types.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should post this in this section as well.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/player-guides
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should post this in this section as well.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/player-guides

You may be right. If the mods want to move it they certainly can.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinging a mod because it's been pointed out this thread might fit better in the Guides subforum.

@ZOS_AntonioP
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    The thread has been moved. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thread has been moved. :)

Thanks!!!

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of 4:13 am Eastern time, daily endeavors have now started, and look much like the ones on the PTS.

There are no weekly endeavors yet, perhaps because of the mid-week launch.

Nothing seems for sale yet for seals, perhaps becuase the start of the new crown crate season is apparently at 10 am Eastern rather than 2 am.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some aspects of the new system are indeed working just as on the PTS.
    • One of today's endeavors is "Craft 4 items with the Blacksmithing skill".
    • I advanced that endeavor to 3/4 by doing the blacksmithing daily writ on one character.
    • I advanced it to 4/4 by doing the writ on another character.
    • At that point, 20 Seals of Endeavor showed up under my currency inventory tab.
    • Another of today's endeavors is "Loot 2 Treasure Chests".
    • I advanced it to 1/2 by doing a dolmen and looting the chest at the end.
    • I didn't see any notifications for any of this; I had to go to the appropriate place in the UI and look.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a little trouble advancing the "Kill 15 foes with class abilities" endeavor.

Set procs, light attacks, warden bear attacks, companion attacks and other player attacks may be getting in the way. Even when I consciously avoid light attacks and use only class attack skills, I'm advancing the endeavor on half or less of my kills.

Obviously, one can get this done, but it seems finicky. Probably easiest for templars who solely spam Sweeps/Jabs, but any class can do it. Just don't use pets, permanent (warden/sorcerer) or temporary (nightblade/necro) as the case may be. Proc sets aren't ideal either.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 17, 2021 9:44AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • I advanced that endeavor to 3/4 by doing the blacksmithing daily writ on one character.
    • At that point, 20 Seals of Endeavor showed up under my currency inventory tab.
    • I didn't see any notifications for any of this; I had to go to the appropriate place in the UI and look.
    So it seems that "quests" are the same for all players. The other I had was:
    - kill x enemies using class ability.
    - kill x humanoid foes.

^ I tried killing Dremora for it, but it was not progressing the quest. Killing regular humans did progressed the quest.
    It wierd, since:
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dremora_(Skyrim)
    "Dremora are a humanoid, sentient race of Daedra"

Oh well... ;)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it seems that "quests" are the same for all players. The other I had was:
    - kill x enemies using class ability.
    - kill x humanoid foes.

^ I tried killing Dremora for it, but it was not progressing the quest. Killing regular humans did progressed the quest.
    It wierd, since:
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dremora_(Skyrim)
    "Dremora are a humanoid, sentient race of Daedra"

Oh well... ;)

Yes. As was the case on the PTS, it seems that everybody gets the same endeavors at the same time.

And figuring out which monsters really fit into which categories requires some trial and error, which is one of the reasons for this thread and for the PTS thread that preceded it.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a little trouble advancing the "Kill 15 foes with class abilities" endeavor.

Set procs, light attacks, warden bear attacks, companion attacks and other player attacks may be getting in the way. Even when I consciously avoid light attacks and use only class attack skills, I'm advancing the endeavor on half or less of my kills.

Obviously, one can get this done, but it seems finicky.

I had the same experience with the “kill with class skills” endeavor. Probably because I had a companion out and was weaving light attacks. I stopped using light attacks and hit each enemy only with a couple of class skills to finally finish this endeavor. But even so, I had to kill way more than 15 — by the time I finished I’d slaughtered about 50 or 60 bandits.

Edited by DarcyMardin on June 17, 2021 9:48AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Obviously, one can get this done, but it seems finicky.

I had the same experience with the “kill with class skills” endeavor. Probably because I had a companion out and was weaving light attacks. I stopped using light attacks and hit each enemy only with a couple of class skills to finally finish this endeavor. But even so, I had to kill way more than 15 — by the time I finished I’d slaughtered about 50 or 60 bandits.

I just took a templar out with Puncturing Sweeps and Solar Barrage as the only damaging skills. (And I have an easy time refraining from light attack weaving when channeling sweeps). The endeavor advanced smoothly.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 17, 2021 10:21AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to what I failed to notice when finishing the Blacksmithing endeavor, in two other cases I got big "Daily Endeavor completed" notices on my screen, specifying which endeavor had just finished.

I also got chat notices telling me of 20 Seals of Endeavor received, but those were possibly sent by some add-on.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at other threads, it seems a lot of people overlook the 3/5 cap on Daily Endeavors. So to be clear:

Once you have completed 3 of the 5 possible Daily Endeavors, you can no longer progress in the other 2.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 17, 2021 11:28AM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a heads up to anyone reading this thread who isn't a regular ESO+ sub and doesn't own the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs, @FrancisCrawford 's excellent pts thread tracked some days when looting Thieves Troves and using the Blade of Woe were endeavors. You can use the free ESO+ event going on until June 21st to unlock these skill lines, after which they remain unlocked without needing the DLCs.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    As a heads up to anyone reading this thread who isn't a regular ESO+ sub and doesn't own the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs, @FrancisCrawford 's excellent pts thread tracked some days when looting Thieves Troves and using the Blade of Woe were endeavors. You can use the free ESO+ event going on until June 21st to unlock these skill lines, after which they remain unlocked without needing the DLCs.

Great tip!

You won't be able to do Heists or Black Sacraments w/o access to the appropriate DLCs, but I didn't know about the Blade of Woe and so on.

By the way -- Thieves Guild is one of the best quest lines in the game. If we're rating character ensembles in the game, I'd probably put it 2nd, behind the Main Quest folks but ahead of the Stros M'Kai team. And the story has mystery/resolution aspects. Better, you get a lot of skill points for doing it. The main downside is that you should actually enjoy thieving activities. Definitely something to consider when you can grab it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the store part of it is now live. It looks like:
    • Everything available for gems also has a seals price (could somebody please check this?).
    • The gems/seals conversion ratio varies.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like so far 60 seals is the daily cap. Without taking into consideration the weekly since it's not live yet, it would take 120 days for the new spriggan poly (7.2k seals) to give an example. With the weekly seals it will be less than that, so less than 4 months for the poly. Depending on the weekly amount, I don't think there might not be enough time for the radiant apex untilt the crate season resets.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyhow, price comparisons at launch in gems vs. crowns, exclusing a couple of "limited time" offers, are:

Gems:
    • Radiant Apex 1600-2500
    • Apex 400
    • Legendary 100 (no 200 gem Legendary items right now)
    • Epic 40
    • Superior 16
    • Fine 5
    • Common 3

Seals of Endeavor
    • Radiant Apex 16000
    • Apex 8000
    • Legendary 3600
    • Epic 2000
    • Superior 1000
    • Fine 360
    • Common 360
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7296597/#Comment_7296597 has a screenshot of the Endeavor UI.

To be clear: You navigate to that UI via the "Group" tab, even though Endeavors aren't usually group activities. The default keybind for it on PCs is "P".
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 17, 2021 3:08PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revised and otherwise crossposted from another thread:

It's humanoid if if looks humanoid AND is not in another category of monster (e.g., daedra, giant, or various types of undead).

That said, "Humanoids" is one of the easiest kind of target to find. A significant fraction of all delves have humanoid enemies. Ditto some public dungeons. Ditto some aress on the landscape.

And if all else fails, just kill the first couple of trash packs in Darkshade Caverns 1. Wayrest Sewers 1, Elden Hollow 1 and Volenfell would also work, but I think Darkshade 1 is a little easier and faster. Blessed Crucible is another good choice.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 18, 2021 3:02AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As expected, Complete 1 Quest is satisfied by doing a crafting writ.