Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please resummon my pets when I leave the crafting area

• what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Get rid of permeant pets I say. Sorc pets should be like necro's and only last 8/16 seconds. As a added benefit you would only need to single bar them.

Stay safe :)
    No thank you, timed skills are the worst thing ever! Also, timed pets are not pets in my opinion.

And I like seeing all the pets out. Even though sometimes a bear gets in my way.

PS: I did not notice my sorcerer pets ever disappearing when crafting.

There's really no good reason why petsorcs should be excused from having to maintain upkeep. The fact you can just choose to have your atrocities out and disrupt game-flow for all other players by standing at doors/crafting stations/quest NPCs is reason enough that they should be on a timer.

But pets don't block interaction.

Not once since I've been playing since beta has a pet ever stopped me from interacting with a station / banker / door

Try the Elden Root wayshine sometime and get back to me....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Not once since I've been playing since beta has a pet ever stopped me from interacting with a station / banker / door

They do, but mainly it is my own pet blocking my own action. I've never had someone else's pet do that.

ZOS has a ... "design flaw" ... in how they handle friendly NPCs that have no interactions. The answer is not to unsummon them. The answer is for ZOS to tear down that room in the Engine and rebuild it the right way. :smile:

It was more common with Wardens and their bears. I remember one time a Warden afk'd right at the crafting turn in boxes in Auridon and it was impossible to reach two of them... so I went to Vvardenfell to turn in.

Well, I was waiting with increasing impatience for a Warden to get done with an Outfit Station. Wrote feedback to ZOS, and everything. Finally, I gave up and left... and found out it was my bear. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I forget to buff up before a fight - it's on me. All you have to get used to is checking/casting the pet like any other buff. I doubt any pet owners are concerned about the dps/resouce loss of overcasting in the content around crafting areas.

The people who think its unmanageable will be over it soon enough. Combat pet owners who were not observant of how their pets affect others' gameplay have forced all combat pet owners to now be more observant of their pets. Sorry the worst of your kind dragged you all down, but the problem is now eliminated for good.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact you've been playing since beta doesn't really say much; it would befit to just have some trust in the numerous people just in this one thread who have explained that they do.

Sorcpets and warden bears force players to either move around the sorcpets/warden bear, or to teleport to a wayshrine if they can't go through a door they need to exit bdue to a pet's hitbox obscuring/encompassing the entire hitbox of the door.

It happens with great regularity; if you visit any crafting hub (Vicec/Rimmen/Alinor) you might even see people asking in the zone chat for players to move their pets out of the way of hitboxes.

I have 6.5k hours in-game, more than 220 24 hour days in total played on my main character. I don't know about your in-game stats, but having played actively for 6500+ hours would surely be enough time to have noticed that combat pets do, in fact, prevent interaction with otherwise interactable objects.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact you've been playing since beta doesn't really say much; it would befit to just have some trust in the numerous people just in this one thread who have explained that they do.

Sorcpets and warden bears force players to either move around the sorcpets/warden bear, or to teleport to a wayshrine if they can't go through a door they need to exit bdue to a pet's hitbox obscuring/encompassing the entire hitbox of the door.

It happens with great regularity; if you visit any crafting hub (Vicec/Rimmen/Alinor) you might even see people asking in the zone chat for players to move their pets out of the way of hitboxes.

I have 6.5k hours in-game, more than 220 24 hour days in total played on my main character. I don't know about your in-game stats, but having played actively for 6500+ hours would surely be enough time to have noticed that combat pets do, in fact, prevent interaction with otherwise interactable objects.

You said it yourself: You can just move ever so slightly.

Warden bears and sorc pets have never once blocked an interaction for me in the entire time I've been playing this game. The fact that you say me being here since beta doesn't matter is hilarious. If the problem was as prevalent as you and many others make it out to be, surely I would have been blocked from at least one single interaction in 7 years, right?

The internet is a place where people have anonominity to complain about the most mundane of inconveniences and turn them into the most egregious of injustices. That is exactly what this "sorc pets block wayshrine interactions" has been for years. Moving ever so slightly to catch the interaction box of the banker / door / crafting table / wayshrine is not a problem that requires forced unsummoning of pets.

This is a non-issue and always has been.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    Get rid of permeant pets I say. Sorc pets should be like necro's and only last 8/16 seconds. As a added benefit you would only need to single bar them.

No thank you, timed skills are the worst thing ever! Also, timed pets are not pets in my opinion.

And I like seeing all the pets out. Even though sometimes a bear gets in my way.

There's really no good reason why petsorcs should be excused from having to maintain upkeep. The fact you can just choose to have your atrocities out and disrupt game-flow for all other players by standing at doors/crafting stations/quest NPCs is reason enough that they should be on a timer.

Try the Elden Root wayshine sometime and get back to me....

Good response, because having been a player since beta, and having multiple AD characters, I've certainly never been to the Elden Root wayshrine.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    Actually I'm not even suggesting a nerf; I'm suggesting that you have to re-activate your combat skills as do everyone else on their rotations. Why do you reckon you petsorcs should be an exception?
    Yeah sure, take away the few semblances of class uniqueness that still remains in the game. [...]

Also, careful what you wish for. Making sorc pets run on a timer without having to double bar will make petsorcs even stronger.

There would be plenty of class differences even if sorcs had to maintain upkeep on their skills.

I will also again point out that I reckon a nerf would be necessary for balance if they make that specific change to sorcpets. I'll point out where I pointed this out so we don't keep sidetracking.

[...] sorcpets should be handled like all skills of every other class; meaning you'd have to reapply the skill to have an upkeep.

[...] Then probably nerf them as well because of balance.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can. I won't say how many hours I have played, but I can see you from where I am. Other combat pets blocking _anything_ is so rare that I can't remember the last time someone else's pet blocked me. I am more likely to be blocked by my own pets, which happens frequently with Ms Flappy Wings and Insecure Ursa, my bear that has had a habit of standing right on top of me.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[...]

One thing I've learned through my years is to never go further in discussions with people who choose to move goalposts, because that entails that the discussion will not be continued in an intellectually honest manner. For that reason, I bid you an evening.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can. I won't say how many hours I have played, but I can see you from where I am. Other combat pets blocking _anything_ is so rare that I can't remember the last time someone else's pet blocked me. I am more likely to be blocked by my own pets, which happens frequently with Ms Flappy Wings and Insecure Ursa, my bear that has had a habit of standing right on top of me.

Warden with bear out on Harrowstorms? Better wait until they're done looting because their bear will 90% of times position themselves right at the hitbox. Oh, they discovered their inventory was full, ok, cool, you sort that out, I'll wait here until you're done with your merchant. Oh, you figured you might as well do some banking, no problem, I'll just stand here waiting to get my relic mound dug out.

Or that one time at New Life Festival that some schmuck decided to park their bear at Breda, and people couldn't turn in or get quests from her. That was fun, especially with all those fun emotes the person with the bear was playing while people told them to ******** ****** **** ******** ********* (et cetera) in the zone chat.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So is this actually a thing or is this dude using an add on that he forgot about?

Apparently my comment was not liked.

Yes, it is almost certainly an addon. My error as I am figuring out the PC landscape now after years on the PS4.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do, but mainly it is my own pet blocking my own action. I've never had someone else's pet do that.

I find that quite often myself, especially with the bear.

Though the spread the joy of that with companions being even worse. I would think they would learn in this area, but the only one who might still hide is the banker....

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Warden with bear out on Harrowstorms? Better wait until they're done looting because their bear will 90% of times position themselves right at the hitbox. Oh, they discovered their inventory was full, ok, cool, you sort that out, I'll wait here until you're done with your merchant. Oh, you figured you might as well do some banking, no problem, I'll just stand here waiting to get my relic mound dug out.

Or that one time at New Life Festival that some schmuck decided to park their bear at Breda, and people couldn't turn in or get quests from her. That was fun, especially with all those fun emotes the person with the bear was playing while people told them to ******** ****** **** ******** ********* (et cetera) in the zone chat.

ZoS could fix this quite quickly by pushing the bear away from such places, but instead they make them almost target those places.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally it's really not that big of a problem as it's being made out to be. Exaggeration abounds in this thread. Asking someone to move their pet works most of the time. You know it's not a simple solution, making pets work in a different way because it takes two extra seconds to turn in a writ. I am not saying some people are not rude but advocating taking a skill and re working because it took someone a few extra seconds to turn in a writ or whatever. Seems to me there is more to this than simple OMG a pet is blocking me here!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew that I avoided Harrowstorms for a reason! :smile:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have those interaction issues on a regular basis. One year during the Anniversary Jubille, I specifically did all my crafting dailies in Vivec to see if I could replicate the problem. I did - once or twice - and it was very easily fixed by taking a step or two to the side.

I'm having a lot more issues with my Mirri now, but again, it's fixed by moving a little bit around.

Now, I don't know if this is because I'm on PC, or if somehow I have the perfect 3rd Person Perspective distance where I'm rarely blocked from interacting with something, but bears and sorc pets have been a non-issue. And it's not because I'm avoiding crowded areas.

For those of you who do have issues, I'm not disbelieving you. But your problem is not universal, and perhaps there are some minor changes you could make to improve your experience too.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes my own pets get in my way. I don't know how anyone here can say their combat pets aren't a nuisance to others. This has been a complaint since forever. I know that when you're at a banker or a crafting station doing your thing and you see other players come up and then move around several times because your pet is blocking them that you assume it's not your pet, but I'm here to tell you, when you see that happening and your pet is out, it's very probably your pet even if you don't think it is.

Ideally ZOS could make it easy to unsummon and resummon permanent combat pets. Like, just add that function. I've never understood why they won't. Meanwhile we have to deal with someone's bear sitting on top of a crafting station or a twilight hanging over a banker and making us move and move and move trying to find a spot where we are allowed to interact.

I don't think these pets need to be changed to be like necro pets. Having to double bar them or having them take up the ulti slot is costly enough. What the majority of players have asked for over the years is to make them either non-collision in crowded areas or make them easy to unsummon or just make them invisible to other players. We don't need to rewrite these classes to make that happen.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    For people saying pets blocking stuff doesn't happen to you: It's not an issue for you because most of them get despawned.

Writ crafter will despawn combat pets if you interact with a crafting table while a writ is active, or if you go in a small area around a writ turn in location.

I have no plans to change this functionality.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[...]

One thing I've learned through my years is to never go further in discussions with people who choose to move goalposts, because that entails that the discussion will not be continued in an intellectually honest manner. For that reason, I bid you an evening.

And one thing I've learned is to not argue with people who use internet anonominity to complain about the most mundane of inconveniences and turn them into the most egregious of injustices, because that entails that the discussion will not be continued in an intellectually honest manner.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does not appear that this was answered clearly. Instead, we are off in the weeds. :smile:

For PC... there is an add-on that removes the pets (without asking and without configuration), but add-ons cannot cast abilities, so it cannot restore them after you leave the area. Personally, I think it is bad form to do something like this without having a way to turn it off in settings, especially since this is not the purpose of the add-on.

Of course there is configuration. You can choose to configure your game as not having the add on installed. Problem solved. But if you want the add on to help you do lots of writs, you pay the small price of a courtesy despawn of your pets. No big deal for you, huge deal to others who might otherwise have their time wasted by blocked stations and turn-ins.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is likely even bigger for those of us who use a gamepad to play on PC. Yeah, I know what some are just aching to say; "Just use kb+m problem solved huehuehe" and I'm here to just tell you that, believe it or not, I've thought about that, but getting up on my desk just to have joint aches after 5 minutes of playing isn't really my idea of a good time, lol.

Our interact button is the same as our jump button, and no, we won't keybind the jump button to any other button because that would leave us with one button short for everything else.

So when you say things like "Why don't you just whisper the person responsible", it's that we have to first figure out which of the 2-XX other people at the crafting station has their pet out, then target the right person for a whisper, then put the gamepad down, then bring our keyboard and mouse out, then press Enter, then type a whisper in the hopes they aren't showing as offline (because that prevents whispers), then put our keyboard down, then take our gamepad up again and wait patiently hoping we targeted the right person for the whisper, and then hope they understand the predicament they put other players in by having their pet out and graciously unsummon it per our request.

Or, we will have to do trick jumps to get to the backside of the crafting station. There might be an NPC pathed around the crafting station that we have to avoid interacting with while we press to jump, so we'll have to move into first person first. Then when we finally get to the backside of the crafting station we might have to crouch around for a while to find a small patch of crafting station hitbox that isn't obscured by a combat pet hitbox.

When one is repeatedly prevented from performing what could be really simple tasks in this game, like crafting writs, walking out from a bank, interacting with quest givers, looting bosses and so on and so forth, when it keeps happening again, and again, and again, and again, it becomes a huge annoyance. I have 7 alt crafters, none of which craft writs these days because of the popularity of petsorc builds. There's enough of interaction blockage in the rest of the game to be annoyed by.
    Edited by Bat on June 15, 2021 8:56PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have those interaction issues on a regular basis. One year during the Anniversary Jubille, I specifically did all my crafting dailies in Vivec to see if I could replicate the problem. I did - once or twice - and it was very easily fixed by taking a step or two to the side.

I'm having a lot more issues with my Mirri now, but again, it's fixed by moving a little bit around.

Now, I don't know if this is because I'm on PC, or if somehow I have the perfect 3rd Person Perspective distance where I'm rarely blocked from interacting with something, but bears and sorc pets have been a non-issue. And it's not because I'm avoiding crowded areas.

For those of you who do have issues, I'm not disbelieving you. But your problem is not universal, and perhaps there are some minor changes you could make to improve your experience too.

The only problem I’m having of this nature with companions involves wayshrines. When I travel to a friend in a zone and plan to immediately use that wayshrine to travel somewhere else, the companion is always standing in the way. I have to move around to be able to get to the spot on the wayshrine. If I hit the key too fast I end up talking to the companion instead of bringing up the wayshrine map. They need to make the companions appear a bit off of the wayshrine when we travel.
    Edited by Elvenheart on June 15, 2021 9:23PM
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is likely even bigger for those of us who use a gamepad to play on PC. Yeah, I know what some are just aching to say; "Just use kb+m problem solved huehuehe" and I'm here to just tell you that, believe it or not, I've thought about that, but getting up on my desk just to have joint aches after 5 minutes of playing isn't really my idea of a good time, lol.

Our interact button is the same as our jump button, and no, we won't keybind the jump button to any other button because that would leave us with one button short for everything else.

So when you say things like "Why don't you just whisper the person responsible", it's that we have to first figure out which of the 2-XX other people at the crafting station has their pet out, then target the right person for a whisper, then put the gamepad down, then bring our keyboard and mouse out, then press Enter, then type a whisper in the hopes they aren't showing as offline (because that prevents whispers), then put our keyboard down, then take our gamepad up again and wait patiently hoping we targeted the right person for the whisper, and then hope they understand the predicament they put other players in by having their pet out and graciously unsummon it per our request.

Or, we will have to do trick jumps to get to the backside of the crafting station. There might be an NPC pathed around the crafting station that we have to avoid interacting with while we press to jump, so we'll have to move into first person first. Then when we finally get to the backside of the crafting station we might have to crouch around for a while to find a small patch of crafting station hitbox that isn't obscured by a combat pet hitbox.

When one is repeatedly prevented from performing what could be really simple tasks in this game, like crafting writs, walking out from a bank, interacting with quest givers, looting bosses and so on and so forth, when it keeps happening again, and again, and again, and again, it becomes a huge annoyance. I have 7 alt crafters, none of which craft writs these days because of the popularity of petsorc builds. There's enough of interaction blockage in the rest of the game to be annoyed by.

Holy hyperbole, Batman!

"People have anonominity to complain about the most mundane of inconveniences and turn them into the most egregious of injustices."
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not appear that this was answered clearly. Instead, we are off in the weeds. :smile:

For PC... there is an add-on that removes the pets (without asking and without configuration), but add-ons cannot cast abilities, so it cannot restore them after you leave the area. Personally, I think it is bad form to do something like this without having a way to turn it off in settings, especially since this is not the purpose of the add-on.

You can remove the add-on, which I think is still named above, you can suffer through this, or you can see if there is an add-on that turns this off. In the past, the community has released "fixes" for behavior of other add-ons, and this might be one of them.

If this is Dolgubon's Lazy Writ addon, you can definitely disable the Pet hiding:

jONMOrp.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »
    For people saying pets blocking stuff doesn't happen to you: It's not an issue for you because most of them get despawned.

Writ crafter will despawn combat pets if you interact with a crafting table while a writ is active, or if you go in a small area around a writ turn in location.

I have no plans to change this functionality.

It's a great option.

Though my point was also that when a rare block did happen, I was easily able to rectify the problem by moving a little. I don't know what is happening to the folks who find themselves blocked frequently and unable to move or scroll out/in to clear the interact prompt, but that just isn't happening to me...and unless the common factor is that all those folks are on console, your addon isn't what makes the difference.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

You can remove the add-on, which I think is still named above, you can suffer through this, or you can see if there is an add-on that turns this off. In the past, the community has released "fixes" for behavior of other add-ons, and this might be one of them.

If this is Dolgubon's Lazy Writ addon, you can definitely disable the Pet hiding:

jONMOrp.png

I will check it again, but this was the unholy Pacrooti thing, last time I checked.4
  • GodsGrief
    GodsGrief
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Sorc pets should be on timers. Make that a unified system for better balance and player combat immersion. Im sure it'll help fix a slew of issues. Plus they're ugly
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsonso - there's settings under the dropdown. I don't have much trouble with pets any more, so I tell the addon to never hide them. I'd rather move a little than have Pacrooti around all the time.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well. I just have to say that having all classes not feel EXACTLY THE SAME is a great reason to have petsorcs stay the way they are. I enjoy the variety of my necros and sorcs, ty very much.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why are pets even blocking interactions with other stuff in the first place? I see absolutely zero point of value of that. The solution seems simple: Nothing should block interaction with crafting tables or NPC's. Problem solved.
This discussion has been closed.