The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please resummon my pets when I leave the crafting area

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
[snip] now are pets despawn in crafting areas. Instead of fixing the pet pathing to keep them out of the way, they despawned them.

Thus I now frequently find myself in combat without realizing my pet is gone. I suppose I will get used to the change, but making pets behave more like the banker would have resolved the problem without this issue. My pet still gets in the way of my own looting many times, but I certainly don't want them despawned then!

Pathing is not their strength it seems, since Miri is even worse. While the banker at least was worse. I am not sure if he got better as I haven't watched that closely enough.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 15, 2021 1:45PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh they did this? I am grateful if that's the case! Haven't been crafting in forever because of stupid sorcpets forcing us to do acrobatics all over the place.

I say even further sorcpet punishments would be welcomed and much appreciated, and I think I speak for everyone but sorcpets when I say that.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *for everyone but petsorcs, naturally
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of permeant pets I say. Sorc pets should be like necro's and only last 8/16 seconds. As a added benefit you would only need to single bar them.

Stay safe :)
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look at Dolgubons Lazy Writ Crafter, as it is the likely cause of the pet desummoning not the 'base' game!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] now are pets despawn in crafting areas. Instead of fixing the pet pathing to keep them out of the way, they despawned them.

Isn't that a feature of some addons and not a change of the base game?

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 15, 2021 1:45PM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summoning all pets in towns should be a criminal offence, If necros and vamps can't summon stuff without a guard pooping up then summoning deadric pets, bears and floppy jellies should have the same reaction.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Get rid of permeant pets I say. Sorc pets should be like necro's and only last 8/16 seconds. As a added benefit you would only need to single bar them.

I agree entirely, sorcpets should be handled like all skills of every other class; meaning you'd have to reapply the skill to have an upkeep.

There needs to be way fewer incentives to play sorcpets imo, and making sorcerers have to play like *all other classes* would be a good first step. Then probably nerf them as well because of balance.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No thank you, timed skills are the worst thing ever! Also, timed pets are not pets in my opinion.

And I like seeing all the pets out. Even though sometimes a bear gets in my way.

PS: I did not notice my sorcerer pets ever disappearing when crafting.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

No thank you, timed skills are the worst thing ever! Also, timed pets are not pets in my opinion.

And I like seeing all the pets out. Even though sometimes a bear gets in my way.

There's really no good reason why petsorcs should be excused from having to maintain upkeep. The fact you can just choose to have your atrocities out and disrupt game-flow for all other players by standing at doors/crafting stations/quest NPCs is reason enough that they should be on a timer.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »

There's really no good reason why petsorcs should be excused from having to maintain upkeep. The fact you can just choose to have your atrocities out and disrupt game-flow for all other players by standing at doors/crafting stations/quest NPCs is reason enough that they should be on a timer.
    Sorc pets barely ever really block anything. But yeah, players that have those out, should be more considerate with placement. This is why I always dismiss my warden's bear pets when in town, something which I feel is not needed with sorc pets. Even though I do watch how they position themselves, and reposition them if I feel they are on top of something.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc pets barely ever really block anything. But yeah, players that have those out, should be more considerate with placement. This is why I always dismiss my warden's bear pets when in town, something which I feel is not needed with sorc pets. Even though I do watch how they position themselves, and reposition them if I feel they are on top of something.

That's not true at all, they block hitboxes left and right all the time, lol, do a forum search and you'll see that people have taken issue with this for years on end. Twilights for instance have a huge hitbox that block other hitboxes, that's just a fact, not even up for debate at this point as numerous forum posts will have you know.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why know why pets even have collision. I can walk through players, but not a bear or sorc pet in pve?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should probably contact the addon authors for that than posting here.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you citizen for doing your civic duty and banishing your pets to oblivion while in cities.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc pets barely ever really block anything.

Pet sorcs block easily as much as wardens do, with their damn matriarchs
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at this thread with mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I've got a couple sorcs with a combat pet. But sorc pets are pretty worthless -- they don't do a quarter of the damage done by companions, though the pets can be good healers if setup that way. I've mostly used the pets to keep mobs off me while gathering. Sadly, I can gather a couple nodes and the pet isn't anywhere near killing the mob. Companions, on the other hand, can dispatch the mob in the time it takes to pick one node.

Having said that, MOST players with sorc pets are extremely rude about their pets. I hate having a Tormenter obliterate my screen. Wardens with bears are just as bad. For that reason, sorc pets and warden bears ought to be on a timer.

There was a time when I would have reacted negatively to the suggestion about timing sorc pets, but companions have rendered those pets utterly worthless. I'm getting my sorcs away from pets, doing away with Necropotence gear and making them much more powerful.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this actually a thing or is this dude using an add on that he forgot about?
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Im fact, I’d prefer they were dismissed in cities, at quest givers, and at wayshrines.

Might be OK if only 2-3 people used them. But it’s many more than that. 4-5 flappy twilights in the peripheral view is almost a strobe effect. And 4-5 bears standing right in front of quest givers, crafting stations, or some other interactive point is beyond annoying.

Then throw in a bunch of non-combat pets, bankers/merchants, and glowing balls and it’s “just get me the heck out of here”.

I understand the appeal and sometimes run a non-combat myself (even a winged twilight for some fights). And i do like seeing them as part of another player’s personality. But it is annoying in the close-up/interactive screens.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I'm not even suggesting a nerf; I'm suggesting that you have to re-activate your combat skills as do everyone else on their rotations. Why do you reckon you petsorcs should be an exception?
    Yeah sure, take away the few semblances of class uniqueness that still remains in the game. Make it all a generic copy paste of the same thing. Sorc pets and warden bears are designed to be basic companions that walks and fights alongside you while also having a special activated ability. And these special abilities are re-activated in a rotation same as everybody else.

Also, careful what you wish for. Making sorc pets run on a timer without having to double bar will make petsorcs even stronger. Their biggest drawback is limited barspace. Take that away and sorc dps and survivability will go even higher as you can backbar the 2 pets and front bar aegis and maybe sorc execute or whatever or pve. Or front bar both pets and slot extra shields, streak or whatever in backbar. Imagine pvp with sorcs running a plethora of pets, 3 shields and streaking around at the same time thanks to the extra barspace :D
    Edited by LashanW on June 15, 2021 1:17PM
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    Love the exaggerations...yes now pets disappear the devs have listened to you. (Warning I don't believe this is true it's sarcasm)"

I didn't say I believed that devs had listened to me. I specifically asked if they had done that because I hadn't noticed it in any patch notes, and that I would have been grateful if they did make such an update, lol. Like where did you get all that? :D

Alurria wrote: »
    I am sure the devs bow to your wisdom and not the never ending hate some people have of pet classes. I would go further I want every non combat pet to disappear as well and every title over every head I mean it clutters up my view and I am sure it takes more server power to render all that.

I'm not suggesting getting rid of everything, just the combat pets that block hitboxes and thus prevents players from - you know - playing the game, lol. You should probably calm down.
  • FrogSpell
    FrogSpell
    Soul Shriven
    I have been playing about 5 or 6 weeks now and play a sorc.. if by pets you mean the Clannfear and the Twilite flappy thing, I don't use either myself as I find them too annoying, but if I did use them I'd put them away before entering a city/town.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never used to put my sorc pets away, as I felt they don't block anything. And I still believe that. But after seeing this thread, I now also desummon my sorc pets when staying in town.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    yea only reason why i dont play wardens or sorcerers :D i hate them both only because of this :D
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not appear that this was answered clearly. Instead, we are off in the weeds. :smile:

For PC... there is an add-on that removes the pets (without asking and without configuration), but add-ons cannot cast abilities, so it cannot restore them after you leave the area. Personally, I think it is bad form to do something like this without having a way to turn it off in settings, especially since this is not the purpose of the add-on.

You can remove the add-on, which I think is still named above, you can suffer through this, or you can see if there is an add-on that turns this off. In the past, the community has released "fixes" for behavior of other add-ons, and this might be one of them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But pets don't block interaction.

Not once since I've been playing since beta has a pet ever stopped me from interacting with a station / banker / door
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc pets barely ever really block anything.

Pet sorcs block easily as much as wardens do, with their damn matriarchs

So, not at all?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not once since I've been playing since beta has a pet ever stopped me from interacting with a station / banker / door

They do, but mainly it is my own pet blocking my own action. I've never had someone else's pet do that.

ZOS has a ... "design flaw" ... in how they handle friendly NPCs that have no interactions. The answer is not to unsummon them. The answer is for ZOS to tear down that room in the Engine and rebuild it the right way. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

They do, but mainly it is my own pet blocking my own action. I've never had someone else's pet do that.

ZOS has a ... "design flaw" ... in how they handle friendly NPCs that have no interactions. The answer is not to unsummon them. The answer is for ZOS to tear down that room in the Engine and rebuild it the right way. :smile:

It was more common with Wardens and their bears. I remember one time a Warden afk'd right at the crafting turn in boxes in Auridon and it was impossible to reach two of them... so I went to Vvardenfell to turn in.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play pet classes yes they can be a pain, but I do not believe there is that much trouble with them period. If you are having that much trouble with someone's pet ask them to move it. It takes two seconds,. If they won't and it truly is blocking you then report it with screen shots as proof. Otherwise stop asking for nerfs to other classes. No one in the last 7 years that I have been playing has ever complained to me that my pet was blocking them. Not one person, and if they did I would have the courtesy to move them.
This discussion has been closed.