Maintenance for the week of June 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 21
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 23, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 23, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Blackwood Preview—Companions System"

ZOS_SarahHecker
6e39icmty821.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Blackwood Preview—Companions System"

You’ll never adventure alone again with the new Companions System, arriving soon with The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood.
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A minor typo: "the team designed them to assist in the heat battle, including the ability for them to take on all major roles."

Should be the heat of battle

(And thanks, autocorrect, for my own minor typo. "minot typo" :lol: )
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 4, 2021 3:32PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You'll never adventure alone again with the new Companions System"

-unless the PTS tests show that Companions tank performance and need to be despawned in cities or in high population instances like Harrowstorms. I see that Marketing isn't talking about that little tidbit from the latest PTS.

Yes, I realize that technically we're not alone when there are other players, but that's clearly not what's implied with Companions. I think maybe the Devs and Marketing need to get on the same page before marketing oversells what the Devs can deliver without tanking performance.

Yes. The performance toggles that they have in place... I hope they never use them. When I am with someone, it is rather rude for them to run off the first time we get somewhere. :smile: Anyway, diminishes the overall appeal of them. I certainly would not want to spend Crowns on one only to have them despawn like they don't want to be seen with me.
    Team Rigurt!

Elsonso on PC NA and EU since 2014
    ElsonsoJannus on XBOX NA since 2021
    ElsonsoJannus on PS4 NA 2015 - 2021 <-- Very very happy I moved from PlayStation to XBox

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait, there is people that think that is actually a good idea to have 300 compaions running around the city? LOL

Great, cant wait to go to the bank and not being able to see the NPC because is surrounded by 50 players and 50 companions.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    wait, there is people that think that is actually a good idea to have 300 compaions running around the city? LOL

Yes, I do think it is a good idea to have companions running around the city. All parts of the city.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 4, 2021 6:41PM
    Team Rigurt!

Elsonso on PC NA and EU since 2014
    ElsonsoJannus on XBOX NA since 2021
    ElsonsoJannus on PS4 NA 2015 - 2021 <-- Very very happy I moved from PlayStation to XBox

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of bitter-sweet - if I just read the announcement about the companions, I'm curious now and can hardly wait for it to finally start. But when I read the PTS reports, it becomes clear that everything only looks rosy in theory. :|
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭
    A minor typo: "the team designed them to assist in the heat battle, including the ability for them to take on all major roles."

Should be the heat of battle

(And thanks, autocorrect, for my own minor typo. "minot typo" :lol: )

Never mind that -
    In The Elder Scrolls Online you can completely customize the way your character looks and fights based on your own personal preferences. The team wanted to ensure this core tenant was also in place for the new Companions system as well.

Should that be "core tenet"?
    Xbox/EU
    PC/EU • Add-ons: Dolgubon Lazy Writ; Marify Daily Alchemy and Provisioning; Shinni HarvestMap; Hoft Map Pins; Fyrakin MiniMap; Weolo TraitBuddy
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, are Bastian and Mirri the only companions? No Argonian companion in a chapter where we go to Black Marsh?

I'm a little disappointed, I must admit. 3:
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the companions as houseguests, do they actually take away one/two of the already far too few slots?
    Please urgently increase the limit for collectible items!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7244018#Comment_7244018 has ongoing discussion of the grindiness of leveling.