The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Endeavors offered

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Monday, before the patch (not that I'm guessing that will change anything):

The dailies:
    • Give 2 seals each only.
    • Have the usual 3/5 cap.
    • Seem to have wordier and more helpful descriptions than I recall previously.

They are:
    • Kill 1 Reptiles (spelling/grammar error). These are clarified to be Haj Mota, Wamasu and other cold-blooded monstrous beasts.
    • Kill 2 people. These are clarified to be citizens of Tamriel. It is not specified whether they need to be ones the justice system would object to. Edit: But of course that's the way to guess, and the next poster confirmed the guess via testing.
    • Loot 1 Stealable Items (typo/grammar again) of Blue Quality or Better. This can be from containers or via pickpocketing.
    • Acquire 1 New Mundus Stone Boon.
    • Complete 1 Black Sacrament.

These choices do not all seem ideal for the law-abiding.

The weeklies:
    • Are messed up again in that both the old and new ones are showing, including progress from last week's.
    • Have the usual 0/1 cap.
    • Have 12 seal rewards (for the new ones).

The new weeklies are:
    • Kill 5 Players in Cyrodiil.
    • Complete 4 Public Dungeon Group Events.
    • Complete 3 Trials.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 3, 2021 7:18AM
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The dailies:
    • Seem to have wordier and more helpful descriptions than I recall previously.
    I'm glad you mentioned this, I wasn't sure if I had just missed these detailed descriptions before or if they were new. They are so much more helpful. 👍
    • Kill 2 people. These are clarified to be citizens of Tamriel. It is not specified whether they need to be ones the justice system would object to.

From what I could test, it seems like it's just people you have to have "prevent attacking innocents" turned OFF for. Killing regular enemies didn't advance it, including bosses and World Bosses. I didn't try PvP. On one account I Blade of Woe'd one citizen and diced up another with my daggers and those counted. On a second account, I just did the Daily Black Sacrament and killing the target and a random NPC during the Sacrament did the trick. 🔪✋
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonians count as People but not Reptiles.

Disappointed it says "Kill 1 Reptile", but "Kill 2 People". "Kill 1 People" sounds like much more fun;)

Loot 1 Blue Quality Stealable item - looks like it's going to be Safebox day.
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Endeavors post-patch are just as expected: Same as they were earlier in the day, except that the buggy listing of two different sets of weekly Endeavors has been cleaned up.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's Daily Endeavors:
    • Have the usual 3/5 cap.
    • Yield 2 seals plus 5K gold each.
    They are:
    • Kill 2 Dangerous Foes. These are defined as having "shielded life-bars". That would include world bosses, dungeon bosses, and public dungeon group event bosses, right? What else?
    • Earn 150 Tel Var Stones through Kills.
    • Complete 1 Heist.
    • Complete 1 Durables Master Writ.
    • Dig up 1 Chest from Treasure Maps.

Not the easiest or cheapest list, but the 5K offers some compensation for the trouble.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Today's Daily Endeavors:
    • Kill 2 Dangerous Foes. These are defined as having "shielded life-bars". That would include world bosses, dungeon bosses, and public dungeon group event bosses, right? What else?
    I'm sure there's lots more, but a few I found: Bull Netches (even ones that start as friendly), Trolls (not the small ones), Watchers (including those that spawn at Dolmens), Dolmen Bosses, Frost and Storm Atro's, Mammoths, Giants, Chaurus Reapers, Wispmothers, Bristlebacks, Argonian Behemoths (some, the ones with 119k health but not the ones with 40k health), Haj Mota, Minotaurs, Miregaunts, Wamasau ...

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    “Shielded life bars”? “Durables Master Writs”? Even I, here from the beginning, am pausing for a second to make sure I know what they mean...”durables” refers to woodworking, blacksmithing, and woodworking, I presume? Is jewelry crafting a durable? As for “Heist”? and “Telvar stones?” OK, no problem for me, but good luck to newcomers to the game on some of these things. Zone chat is going to be besieged with questions.

A good number of these endeavors have entry bars of some sort. As in, you can’t even do a heist of a blood sacrament (from a day or two ago) until you’ve progressed in the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood stories. Master writs of course have several requirements. I suppose the goal is to get more people involved in various different elements of the game? I just hope the rewards are worth it.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KIll 2 Dangerous Foes. I think that is bugged. I killed one ordinary trashy imp (unplanned) and then one minotaur (planned) and the Endeavour completed.
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “Shielded life bars”? “Durables Master Writs”? Even I, here from the beginning, am pausing for a second to make sure I know what they mean...”durables” refers to woodworking, blacksmithing, and woodworking, I presume? Is jewelry crafting a durable? As for “Heist”? and “Telvar stones?” OK, no problem for me, but good luck to newcomers to the game on some of these things. Zone chat is going to be besieged with questions.

A good number of these endeavors have entry bars of some sort. As in, you can’t even do a heist of a blood sacrament (from a day or two ago) until you’ve progressed in the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood stories. Master writs of course have several requirements. I suppose the goal is to get more people involved in various different elements of the game? I just hope the rewards are worth it.

And I'm not aware of any help system that would quickly explain via text search.

Well, actually, googling on heist ESO would probably be instructive ...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heists - Prerequisite

Assuming you own the Thieves Guild DLC or ESO+

Quest: Partners in Crime
    Reach Rank 2 in Thieves Guild
    Quest: Cleaning House
    Reach Rank 3 in Thieves Guild
    Quest: The Long Game
    Quest: Master of Heists

It's been so long that I don't recall, but reaching Rank 3 in the Thieves Guild may require doing at least some Tip Board missions from the Thieves Den to get the required reputation.

Personal comment: this is one of the aspects that makes Endeavors more of a grind for new players and keeps certain missions out of their reach. I've seen it with Warframe's Nightwave missions as well, where a theoretically simple mission actually requires doing a major quest to unlock an area, then you have to quest for certain items to do the mission. Experienced players have a huge edge on missions like this.

Thieves Guild missions are no big deal when I've already got a Master Thief and Silencer. To a new player, looking at that list of prerequisites, it's a pretty clear choice of grind or do without.

And in the context of that list of Endeavors, where Thieves Guild Heists and durable Master Writs both require substantial investment of time and effort, and Tel Var requires entering a PvPvE zone with no below 50 PVP instance...well it becomes clear that ZOS is pretty happy with that choice of "grind or do without" for low level players. This is another 4/6 seals day for a lot of players, and I think that's worth keeping in mind when we look at the eventual prices.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 4, 2021 12:35PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heists - Prerequisite

It's been so long that I don't recall, but reaching Rank 3 in the Thieves Guild may require doing at least some Tip Board missions from the Thieves Den to get the required reputation.

Personal comment: this is one of the aspects that makes Endeavors more of a grind for new players and keeps certain missions out of their reach. I've seen it with Warframe's Nightwave missions as well, where a theoretically simple mission actually requires doing a major quest to unlock an area, then you have to quest for certain items to do the mission. Experienced players have a huge edge on missions like this.

Thieves Guild missions are no big deal when I've already got a Master Thief and Silencer. To a new player, looking at that list of prerequisites, it's a pretty clear choice of grind or do without.

And in the context of that list of Endeavors, where Thieves Guild Heists and durable Master Writs both require substantial investment of time and effort, and Tel Var requires entering a PvPvE zone with no below 50 PVP instance...well it becomes clear that ZOS is pretty happy with that choice of "grind or do without" for low level players. This is another 4/6 seals day for a lot of players, and I think that's worth keeping in mind when we look at the eventual prices.

Similarly, there are events that only are doable if you've made such investments. Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood is the most obvious example. Others get easier. E.g., for Clockwork City events and even the Anniversary event I do a lot of Bursar of Tributes quests, which are easy because:
    • I have two characters who have advanced that far.
    • I save up the required items all year.
    • I got some of the required items via Antiquities digs, others though Covetous Countess quests, others through Jesters Festival events ...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heists - Prerequisite

Similarly, there are events that only are doable if you've made such investments. Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood is the most obvious example. Others get easier. E.g., for Clockwork City events and even the Anniversary event I do a lot of Bursar of Tributes quests, which are easy because:
    • I have two characters who have advanced that far.
    • I save up the required items all year.
    • I got some of the required items via Antiquities digs, others though Covetous Countess quests, others through Jesters Festival events ...

Sure, though I have two caveats.

1. With Events, we typically get forewarning so there's time to prep ahead of time for players who want to. If Heists (or durable Master writs) were a weekly Endeavor, it would be a little more forgiving.

2. With Events, we've also seen ZOS remove prerequisites from Dailies. Imperial City Dailies used to require the entire Main Quest before they unlocked. The most apt comparison is the Vvardenfell Dailies, where WBs and delves used to require doing the first couple zone story quests. ZOS removed those prerequisites in recent events. Much like with Clockwork City, some dailies are available right away and others require questing (like the Ashlander dailies.)

And so I do think it's important to note when ZOS is doing stuff with prerequisites for new players, in part because the rewards are purely cosmetic or obtainable in-game. In Warframe, it's not a big deal if a new player doesn't get the Rank 29 reward of an Umbra Forma, because that's very much an end-game item. In ESO, however, there's no reason to be gating low level players out of seals used to buy consumables that are in-game or handed out like candy from log-in rewards, or from buying cosmetics (well, except that ZOS still wants crown crate sales.)

In short, I'd like ZOS to consider how their prerequisites work for Daily Endeavors, and to consider the impact on low level players.

And some of this comes down to unknown pricing. If the final prices are balanced for players to get 2/6 or 4/6 daily seals most days and still be able to buy a reasonable amount of crate contents in a season, then a lot of my complaints are answered. If prices are balance around players getting 4/6 some days and 6/6 most days, then yeah, I have more concerns.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's dailies, still with the usual 3/5 cap, grant 2 seals each and nothing else. The choices are:
    • Steal 15 items from the environment. The description definitely rules out pickpocketing. It's probably meant to rule out safeboxes, and perhaps thieves' troves as well. Anyhow, this is easy down at the Daggerfall docks nearest the wayshrine (the rightmost ship is totally unpatrolled).
    • Craft 5 items with the alchemy skill. This is basically zero cost if you make items in advance for alchemy writs anyway. It's low cost in any case.
    • Craft 2 Death's Wind items. That's another low trait-count set.
    • Deal 100,000 damage with siege weapons. Haven't we seen this one already before?
    • Complete 2 dungeons.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    • Steal 15 items from the environment. The description definitely rules out pickpocketing. It's probably meant to rule out safeboxes, and perhaps thieves' troves as well. Anyhow, this is easy down at the Daggerfall docks nearest the wayshrine (the rightmost ship is totally unpatrolled).

Oh yes, areas like that ship are probably the quickest and easiest way. Everything in there, whether from crates, barrels, sacks, even the "crusty bread" sitting on a table all counted.

Safeboxes and Thieves Troves also counted. In fact each item in those containers counted separately. So for example I got some "treasure" item, a Large Stolen Shipment, and lockpicks out of a Thieves Trove and so my endeavor count went up by 3. Then opening and taking the loot out of that Large Stolen Shipment counted as another item towards the goal.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill 5 Humanoid Foes.

Includes innocents, the undead akaviri warriors in the Tomb of the Serpants delve, and Pahmar (but not Senche-raht).
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's list of dailies is very much like the first one ever, but with different numbers.
    • The cap is still 3/5.
    • The reward is now 2 seals only.
    • The number of Quests required is just 1.
    • The number of Blacksmithing items is now 4.
    • The number of Humanoid foes is down to 5.
    • The number of Purple/Gold Antiquities is down to 1.
    • The number of Public Dungeon Group Events is down to 1 as well.
    On my first PTS log-in, I'm seeing the same list of offered Endeavors on two characters.

The list of dailies is:
    • Complete 2 Quests
    • Craft 5 items with Blacksmithing
    • Kill 10 Humanoid foes
    • Excavate 2 Purple- or Gold-quality antiquities
    • Complete 2 Public Dungeon group events

The cap is to do 3 of those 5.
    The rewards are identical for each: 3 seals + 1000 gold.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's list of dailies is almost the same as the second day's was, as quoted below.

The only differences I noticed are:
    • The reward per daily is down to 1 seal + 2000 gold.
    • The Pickpocketing ask is 3 items, up from 1.
    Second day of daily endeavors are now up. Notes on that start:
    • Rewards are NOT the same as the first day's!! They are now all 1 seal plus 10K cash.
    • The cap is still to do 3 of the 5 options.
    • I checked more carefully that the turnover is at 2 am Eastern. ;)

The endeavors are:
    • Pickpocket 1 item
    • Craft 2 items w/ Clothier skill
    • Kill 1 Beast
    • Harvest 2 alchemical nodes (true nodes -- pure water or plant -- rather than killing stuff or opening containers)
    • Complete 1 duel

Are other folks getting the same choices?

• vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    • Kill 1 Beast
    This one seems so simple, but I found a lot of things that I consider "beasts" apparently are not. Like Alit, Cliff Striders, Wamasu, Giant Wasps, Trolls, Kagouti, Giant Snakes, crocodiles. Some of those are even included in the "Tamriel BEAST Collector" achievement so I don't know why thy aren't considered "beasts" for the endeavor.

Some that I found that did count were Werewolves, Harpies, Tigers.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed a sench tiger for the Beast. Alit didn't count.

I "harvested" a water bottle, this did count as a "Pure Water Spring".
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Continuing the pattern, today's Dailies are like the third day's, quoted below, but with different numbers:
    • As always, the cap is 3/5.
    • The reward is 2 seals only.
    • It's now 15 foes killed with class abilities.
    • It's now 4 enchantments crafted.
    • It's now 2 treasure chests.
    • It's now 2 patrolling horrors in Imperial City.
    • It's now 2 Battleground matches.

The first one is super-easy with many specs and builds, e.g. warden, necro or magplar.
    The second one is super-easy, period.
    The third one is anywhere from hard to easy, depending on your circumstances.
    I won't comment on the IC or fully PvP ones.
    • Kill 10 Foes with Class Abilities
    • Craft 4 Items with the Enchanting Skill
    • Loot 2 Treasure Chests
    • Defeat 1 Patrolling Horror in the Imperial City Districts
    • Complete 1 Battleground Match

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's list is the same as the one quoted below, in every way.
    This is probably the last night I'll check it until they fix the bug/exploit, but here are the new dailies that I see:

2 Seals, NO gold/transmute
    • Kill 10 Foes with Weapon Abilities
    • Craft 4 Items with the Jewelry Crafting Skill
    • Kill 5 Vampires
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore
    • Kill 1 Delve Boss in Cyrodiil

Screen shot in the spoiler
    rv3678het6d8.jpg

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have new weeklies. They grant 14 seals each, and are capped at 1/3 from the choices:
    • Kill 20 world bosses
    • Complete 6 dungeons
    • Complete 5 public dungeon group events

Actually, these are the same as the choices in the first set of weeklies, as listed in the first post in this thread, except that the numbers have now changed.

Overall, rewards do seem to be trending down from what they were early in the PTS cycle.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 10, 2021 6:15AM
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If zos will lower seal rewards from endeavors too much it might create too much grindy system to actually care. Not knowing what will be the price for at least some of the items on pts is a really strange choice as it is the most important thing in this system.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raegwyr wrote: »
    If zos will lower seal rewards from endeavors too much it might create too much grindy system to actually care. Not knowing what will be the price for at least some of the items on pts is a really strange choice as it is the most important thing in this system.

I'm guessing the prices will boil down to 5 or 10 seals per gem, and that seals will eventually be available for sale in the crown store.

Awkwardly, initial pricing will be unreachable for anybody who gets seals through endeavors only.
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing the prices will boil down to 5 or 10 seals per gem, and that seals will eventually be available for sale in the crown store.

Awkwardly, initial pricing will be unreachable for anybody who gets seals through endeavors only.

With 5 seals per gem getting the cheapest radiant (1200 gems) would took 72 weeks if you would do all endeavors and it would grant the same amount as from the first pts iteration (3 per daily, 20 per weekly). In that case this system would be almost useless to most of the ppl. Hope you are not right.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With 5 seals per gem getting the cheapest radiant (1200 gems) would took 72 weeks if you would do all endeavors and it would grant the same amount as from the first pts iteration (3 per daily, 20 per weekly). In that case this system would be almost useless to most of the ppl. Hope you are not right.

Remember the costume slots? I don't think ZOS cares if this system will be useful or not. The most important thing is to be able to boast in the media that they are the first company that has such a "generous" approach to players.

Sorry for my snarky approach to the subject but that's what 7 years with ZOS taught me. I appreciate that they made such an attempt but a much simpler and healthier approach would be to do away with crown crates and put everything behind crowns. Change the offer every now and then if they want for seasonal sales etc. but gambling needs to go away from this and all other games. This is unacceptable.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Remember the costume slots? I don't think ZOS cares if this system will be useful or not. The most important thing is to be able to boast in the media that they are the first company that has such a "generous" approach to players.

Sorry for my snarky approach to the subject but that's what 7 years with ZOS taught me. I appreciate that they made such an attempt but a much simpler and healthier approach would be to do away with crown crates and put everything behind crowns. Change the offer every now and then if they want for seasonal sales etc. but gambling needs to go away from this and all other games. This is unacceptable.

[snip] whole endeavor addition is clearly microsoft idea as it is in line with their policy about in game shops so it is still not known if the system will be useless (typical zos approach regarfing giving stuff for free) or grindy but useful.
    I hope they will make it reasonable. Three months of endeavor grinding should be worth at least the cheapest radiant.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 10, 2021 2:32PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From today's PTS patch notes:
    Fixed an issue that caused Endeavors requiring you to use Mementos a certain number of times to not increment properly.

That's the first evidence I recall of Endeavors of that kind.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's dailies are the same as those quoted below, except that the numbers have been changed:
    • The cap, as always, remains 3/5.
    • The reward is simply 2 seals.
    • It's 2 Provisioning items now.
    • It's 1 Bestial Daedra now. These include "ogrims, clannfear, and scamps" among others.
    • It's 2 Cloth-Producing Plants now.
    • It's 2 material refinements now.
    • It's still 1 Dungeon.

Obviously, the provisioning and refinement ones can just be done at crafting tables. The bestial daedra one can be done right after mapping into Banished Cells 1 or City of Ash 1, and in many other places as well. The other two aren't all that hard either, truth be told.
    Today's list for me, each with a reward of 1 seal plus 15K gold, is:
    • Craft 4 items with the Provisioning skill
    • Kill 5 Bestial Daedra
    • Collect 5 Cloth-Producing Plants
    • Refine Raw Materials 5 times
    • Complete 1 Dungeon

I'm not sure exactly what count as "bestial" daedra, but if clannfears, scamps and banekin do, that one's not too bad. Of course the two crafting ones are easy. And finding some cloth nodes isn't too hard, especially if crafting surveys count. ;)

As for dungeons -- if you pick BC1 rather than FG1, your daedra need will be met along the way. :)

As always, the cap is 3 of 5.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 11, 2021 6:13AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another repeat today, of the list quoted below, but again with some numbers changed:
    • Usual cap (3/5).
    • 1 seal only for the reward.
    • 4 Woodworking items.
    • 5 Amorphous Foes. (Examples given are netches and voriplasms.)
    • 5 Runestones.
    • 1 Bruma quest.
    • 1 Chest from a Treasure Map.

The Bruma quest one is still highly problematic because of the possibility the quest givers' houses will be camped.

The endeavor text says amorphous foes are found in swamps and volcanic wastes. There are also some netches in Coldharbour. Are there any instances witch netches or whatever at their front? I'm not thinking of any ...
    Another day another set of endeavours
    4 seals each, nothing extra
    • Craft 5 Woodworking items
    • Kill 10 Amorphous Foes (Netches, voriplasms and ?)
    • Collect 8 Runestones
    • 2 Bruma Quests
    • Dig up 2 Treasure Maps
    dr7vb79hitqd.png