Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mailbox full but empty.

wrote
wrote
✭✭
Basically following the "phantom mail bug" where we clearly stated that we couldn't receive mails the only issue you guys fixed is our unread mails.
d2wh843d2ogw.png
As you can see I am sending myself a mail from another account and it still shows as full while my mailbox is clearly empty.
p0vma5ywo9xc.png
I decided to open a new thread as I guess the other one wasn't clear enough on what the issue truly is. We don't care about our unread mails if we can't receive new mails.
Here's a video so you guys can have a quick look at how frustrating this is, I recorded it literally 5 minutes ago post pretended patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_pVBXqKJE
Please keep in mind that for us returning players this have been ongoing since the release of U29 almost 2 months ago.
We need this sorted zos and not in 2 weeks when you guys decide to drop another patch this bug is gamebreaking and I can guarantee you that the average of your returning players don't even complain about it they are just leaving the second they notice their mail system isn't working.
Also please don't reply with something like "turn off your addons" I reinstalled the game 4 times.
Edited by wrote on May 3, 2021 1:38PM
  • B3N
    B3N
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem for me here. I was hoping that the incremental patch today resolves the issue, unfortunaley that's not the case. This is really a super annoying bug and a bug which prevents me from playing the game as I would. I'm unable to buy anything from guildstores nor I'm able to receive any rewards from PvP etc.
    Guild: VANEN - www.vanen.info - EU / PC
    Character: - Aiala - Templar
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    They dont reply to tickets, dont even bother to read it.
    Then they make a vague statement in a forum thread that the issue gets fixed in next patch without bothering what issue is the thread about.

This is ridiculous and probably end of the line for me where I quit the game.

• Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭
    Cross-post from original thread.

Alright, this is where my leeway runs out.

If it had just been our requests for assistance being ignored while they worked tirelessly on a fix, fine. Lackluster service/communications model but they'd have been working on it at least.

But a month has now passed with this issue affecting multiple accounts. An incremental update was cited as being the answer to this broken core functionality. And the incremental update has come, gone, and that update has done nothing:

1s749nkb2rhu.png

f6ff6ohayp67.png

There's no shame in saying "We're working on it but don't know why this issue exists." My day job involves software support; believe me, I understand that statement far better than I wish I did.

However: Either send help or tell us you have nothing. Anything less than doing so is insulting to us.
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Misharra wrote: »
    Cross-post from original thread.

Alright, this is where my leeway runs out.

If it had just been our requests for assistance being ignored while they worked tirelessly on a fix, fine. Lackluster service/communications model but they'd have been working on it at least.

But a month has now passed with this issue affecting multiple accounts. An incremental update was cited as being the answer to this broken core functionality. And the incremental update has come, gone, and that update has done nothing:

1s749nkb2rhu.png

f6ff6ohayp67.png

There's no shame in saying "We're working on it but don't know why this issue exists." My day job involves software support; believe me, I understand that statement far better than I wish I did.

However: Either send help or tell us you have nothing. Anything less than doing so is insulting to us.

Its not really a cross post technically, we turned it into one but the orignal post which is probably what they based their fix on was only complaining about their "unread mails" and not the whole can't get any mails thing. But yes this has been going for way too long we're talking months literally and not alot of us have forum accounts so I can only imagine the amount of returning players they are losing to this.

edit: nvm you we're referring to your cross post xd. my bad thought u meant this thread was like a copy or something.
    Edited by wrote on May 3, 2021 3:33PM
  • Revandor
    Revandor
    ✭✭
    If only the support would answer but it seems we as customers are not worth the time to get a prober answer or they got their staff outsourced meaning some joe that is not even part of ZOS is working as an external support guy with no rights to do anything besides fixing minor problems such as: "hello user did you try a system restart". In general I can't be mad with the support team as they are not the ones being part of the ART.

I just hope they will compensate us in some way to make up for the lost time and money. Pretty sure they won't cause the majority did not have any problems. Even if everyone with that problem leaves nobody would care.
    Guess we just quit right here or wait for a fix.

Now let me loosen the mood by saying: Luckily the crown shop is working as intended :blush:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the information, everyone. Could you please provide your UserID/character name?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information, everyone. Could you please provide your UserID/character name?

Hiya thanks for the reply my userid is " @wrote " on PC/NA and it occurs on every characters its a general account issue that have been oingoing for a while.
    Edited by wrote on May 4, 2021 5:58PM
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    Mine's UserID (EU): dabro90 / Character name: Dabro Jaeger but as wrote said, happens regardless of a character.
    Edited by dabro90 on May 3, 2021 4:15PM
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    PC/US
    Account: @ServerusEcru
    Character: Serverus Ecru

I have a bug where I am not getting any mail.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on May 3, 2021 4:40PM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • B3N
    B3N
    ✭✭✭

PC (EU)
    Account: B3N
    Character: Aiala
    Edited by B3N on May 3, 2021 4:20PM
    Guild: VANEN - www.vanen.info - EU / PC
    Character: - Aiala - Templar
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭

My friend has this exact same issue, her details (posted with permission):

PC (EU)
    UserID: @DeimosThea
    All characters
  • Kitari_Kitsuga
    Kitari_Kitsuga
    Soul Shriven
    My Friend has the same Issue, but cant register here cause asking him for Invitation Code. His details posted his his Permission

PC (NA)
    User Id: @JJB55
    All Characters
  • Dontezz
    Dontezz
    ✭✭✭
    3u0bddb4igjj.png

User ID: @Dontezz
    PC/NA
    Edited by Dontezz on May 3, 2021 4:28PM
  • Lexa89
    Lexa89
    Soul Shriven
    PC (EU) ID ИГРОКА:

Vereshchagin
  • Neuworad
    Neuworad
    PC (EU)
    User ID: @Neuworad
    Character: Dravos Telvanni but actually all my characters
    Edited by Neuworad on May 11, 2021 7:35AM
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    I just hope we don't have to wait 2 weeks for the next incremental patch this has already went for too long we're talking months literally and I was wishing it would've been fixed within today's patch as that's literally all we were complaining about for weeks on the other "phantom mail" thread.
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    Well, I was planning to quit but since they made an update I will give it few more days. Having some time off at work now, was looking forward to getting Blackwood and playing through other expansions before it launches, but not waiting another month on a hope they might finally fix that clear server side issue.
  • TheFalcon19
    TheFalcon19
    ✭✭✭
    TheFalcon19

PC EU

My mailbox was full of pvp mails (and had another hundred in queue), 30 day deletion deleted them all, mailbox has been empty but unable to receive new mail since then.
  • Revandor
    Revandor
    ✭✭
    if they have a fix they most likely will hotfix it now.
    According to a user this problem does not seem to happen on the test servers. I wonder why they don't just delete our complete inbox and call it a day. Give everyone 500k-1Mil and clear the inbox from everyone. Make an announcement so that everyone not affected by it can empty their mail and call it a day. Whatever it is people had in the mail can't be worth as much as the time we already lost due to not being able to use the system.

Trying to just fix that issue that most likely will not happen ever again (30 day rule) is not worth the time needed imo.
    I rather take any solution that speeds up the system to use the mail rather than not having a solution and just hopes.
    Remember there are guilds out there that want you to sell x amount per week or else you get kicked or taxed. Thx to this bug I wonder how many actually got kicked already
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Revandor wrote: »
    if they have a fix they most likely will hotfix it now.
    According to a user this problem does not seem to happen on the test servers. I wonder why they don't just delete our complete inbox and call it a day. Give everyone 500k-1Mil and clear the inbox from everyone. Make an announcement so that everyone not affected by it can empty their mail and call it a day. Whatever it is people had in the mail can't be worth as much as the time we already lost due to not being able to use the system.

Trying to just fix that issue that most likely will not happen ever again (30 day rule) is not worth the time needed imo.
    I rather take any solution that speeds up the system to use the mail rather than not having a solution and just hopes.
    Remember there are guilds out there that want you to sell x amount per week or else you get kicked or taxed. Thx to this bug I wonder how many actually got kicked already

Its not happening if you switch from NA to EU or EU to NA either its really just because our mailbox was full before the mailbox update and since it seems to be affecting returning players I assume its really old mails that got stuck there during the update when they cleared the mails etc

And I'm with you on this one I literally don't care about my old mails I'm almost certain I had some valuable COD and guild sales cancellations and id be willing to give it all away just so I can trade/buy stuff again and receive my daily rewards.

So if you guys have the power to do so please just clear my mailbox
  • someNights
    someNights
    Soul Shriven

PC (EU)
    UserID: @someNyx
    All characters
  • Melos-TheMadChimera

PC NA
    ID @Melos-Mevim
    characters I've had the issue with
    Melos-Mevim
    Makriv
    Ragul
    Xetroza

honestly I've had the issue on all my characters
    Edited by Melos-TheMadChimera on May 3, 2021 7:12PM
  • Guitar_Player64
    Guitar_Player64
    Soul Shriven
    I am experiencing the same issue.
    I can't use mail in any form, can't trade in guildmarket, it's really insane(
    Canceled pre-order Blackwood because of this.
    hopefully we don’t have to wait until the next chapter is out.

My in game ID @Guitar_Player64
    only on PC/EU i have this bug.
    Thx.
    Edited by Guitar_Player64 on May 4, 2021 4:28AM
  • cet000
    cet000
    Soul Shriven

PC
    EU server

@cet000

All of my charachters have this issue..
  • Keracion
    Keracion
    Soul Shriven

PC
    EU server

UserID: @Arkusan

Unfortunetly I have this issue on all characters :(
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Username is the same as my forum name.

I got several messages last night and into this morning from people saying that my box was full, but when I logged on I only had about 20-25 mail. Thought this was very odd but haven't done any more testing.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭

UID @Misharra (edit: on NA server)
    Characters, because this affects all of them--I've verified each and every one by character name as well as UID.
    Misharra; K'Hovu; Follows-The-Lead; Neko-meow-ncer
    Kairi Bladewhisper; Lost Chance; Writes-The-Songs; Kitya Greymane

Godsspeed. And please, for the love of Oblivion, keep us apprised if you can. Silence is the worst detractor to your efforts.
    Edited by Misharra on May 4, 2021 4:33PM
  • Bcfoxx1987
    Bcfoxx1987
    Soul Shriven
    USERID:bcfoxx140
    PC
    NA server

Unfortunetly I have this issue on all characters
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    Username: KairanD
    Server: PC/NA

Happens on all characters.

Also, how are we going to be compensated? This is just insane. And the support keeps ignoring our tickets.
    Edited by KairanD on May 3, 2021 10:14PM
  • Treblin
    Treblin
    ✭✭

Hi Gina,
    Thanks for the quick reply. The open communication between the dev team and the players is hugely appreciated.

username: @Treblin (or just "treblin")
    all my characters
    PC/NA
    Edited by Treblin on May 3, 2021 11:23PM