Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Phantom Mail Bug ...

• ionut1219
    ionut1219
    ✭✭
    YGZ_BJK wrote: »
    I have same problem and it is very annoying. Because the game so unplayable without mailbox ofcourse. We cant any information from support when the big problem showns up, this is so bad. I dont wanna quit game and I payed lots of money sub and etc. I wanna play. If I want play this game, they must solve the problem. So let's keep writing and complaining. I dont want wait next update...

You are paying for a service and you are getting a faulty service / no service at all since the game is unplayable for you.

[snip]

ESO team, I suggest your read your own terms and conditions and then think again about the services you need to provide. Especially for paying players. Most won't be smart enough to do this or even bother about it but you can actually get sued over this and the person would win.

If you think that I have no law knowledge whatsoever I can inform you very well on how you would lose the case.

This is fraud. [snip] It's fraud,mate. You are taking advantage of paying players.

Explain yourself how you aren't when you clearly can't provide a service that players are literally paying for.

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 27, 2021 5:28PM
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    I went on the pts server and turn out that I had access to my mails on there lmao but yea once you go back to the regular servers you're still greeted with no mails and whatever amount of unread mails and unable to receive any new mails. So the good news is that our mail issue might be fixed in blackwood and the bad news is that it won't drop for about 5 more weeks.

Still hoping they fix it before that thought since every single returning players genuinely can't play the game right now.
  • Sadra88
    Sadra88
    Soul Shriven
    wrote wrote: »
    I went on the pts server and turn out that I had access to my mails on there lmao but yea once you go back to the regular servers you're still greeted with no mails and whatever amount of unread mails and unable to receive any new mails. So the good news is that our mail issue might be fixed in blackwood and the bad news is that it won't drop for about 5 more weeks.

Still hoping they fix it before that thought since every single returning players genuinely can't play the game right now.

honestly i'm just happy it's gonna be fixed in a few weeks. i'm not leaving the game. but i feel bad for the ones who do.
  • tt4ngo0
    tt4ngo0
    Soul Shriven
    Sadra88 wrote: »

honestly i'm just happy it's gonna be fixed in a few weeks. i'm not leaving the game. but i feel bad for the ones who do.

Imagine waiting almost 2 months to get fixed such a game breaking bug in game you are paying for (TRIPLE A as they claim)
    Good goy
    That's why game developers doesn't respect players anymore
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭

I mean I'm not sure it will be fixed either but I did receive my mails when I went on pts however if I switch from NA megaservers to EU megaservers I get my mails as well as its 2 different servers same with pts so there's nothing sure really. When the update will drop it will be on the same server technically so unless they decide to fix it, It will probably stay that way.
    And they did state it wasn't a priority apparently.
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    Same, tried on NA and I got the email just fine. So it's clear as frickin day it's not client side issue.
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭

I mean I'm not sure it will be fixed either but I did receive my mails when I went on pts however if I switch from NA megaservers to EU megaservers I get my mails as well as its 2 different servers same with pts so there's nothing sure really. When the update will drop it will be on the same server technically so unless they decide to fix it, It will probably stay that way.

What mail are you talking about? Mail originally sent to your regular NA account shows up on the PTS server? That seems strange, but if so, does the mail you send while on the PTS server show up on the PTs server AND the NA server? If this is not the case, It doesn't seem like Mail working on the PTS server means anything unless you have mail there more than 30 days old.
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    johnebrown wrote: »

What mail are you talking about? Mail originally sent to your regular NA account shows up on the PTS server? That seems strange, but if so, does the mail you send while on the PTS server show up on the PTs server AND the NA server? If this is not the case, It doesn't seem like Mail working on the PTS server means anything unless you have mail there more than 30 days old.

So I personally have "10 unread mails" on my account which I can't access and when I logged into the pts server which keep in mind was my first time so these are not old pts server mails or whatever (if its even possible) these 10 unread mails somehow got replaced with daily guild message updates from the past couple of days after what I cleared those and ended up with 0 unread mails however upon going back to the regular server I was still greeted with 10 unread mails and no way to read them or receive any new mails at all.
    Edited by wrote on April 27, 2021 5:12PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey everyone,

Thank you all once again for your patience while we investigated this issue. We wanted to let you know that this should be fixed in next week's incremental patch.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Oh at last a response from you guys. I apologize if I have been harsh with some of my comments but this is all we've been needing an update that shows you are caring for us, your players. Ignoring us adds up to the frustration that we have bec it feels like you don't even care about how this has been affecting us. so I just hope it will already be fixed as you said and pls in the future since you are monitoring these threads I think it's not a hard thing to just keep us updated every now and then. thank you for looking into it already.
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Yea same my bad its just looked like for you guys it was just a regular little bug or something that only affect a part of the community but in reality not having access to the mail system is a much bigger issue then it seems. Literally the whole game is based around it. But thanks for the update adrikoth^^
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    Taking so long to fix a game breaking glitch while not answering our questions in support tickets is something hard to consider acceptable. I love this game, but this is just not right.

I understand that they may be dealing with a lot of work because of the updates and, in addition, COVID interferes. However, not answering consumers' tickets is bad. We had to use the forum to get an answer. We just needed an answer.

And I want to know what kind of compensation they plan to give to affected players, especially the ones with Plus. Before the last update, I almost purchased Plus again. I'm glad I didn't. Let's see if it gets fixed within the next days. More 6-10 days without being able to play. At least, now we know it's going to be fixed.
    Edited by KairanD on April 27, 2021 6:20PM
  • Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Thank you all once again for your patience while we investigated this issue. We wanted to let you know that this should be fixed in next week's incremental patch.

Thank you! Seriously, thank you. Waiting with an ETA is a much different beast from waiting with not even an acknowledgement. Legitimately, I think this is what everyone was really waiting on, possibly as much as the fix itself.

I'll be ensuring it's fixed for my account, naturally, but then I will probably feel confident in playing the game once more.

And with experience in software support, I say: Buy QA/internal support a collective drink for me. Gods know they probably need it for this month. Bourbon probably works.
  • Sadra88
    Sadra88
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone,

Yessss finally! that sounds great.
  • Sadra88
    Sadra88
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone,

lol they were waiting for it to be reply #100
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

lol they were waiting for it to be reply #100

sketchy automatic reply perhaps? just kidding xd
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    I gained millions of AP while having this bug, will I get compensated for the mails I didn't receive ? or Will they show up after the fix, what about my trials rewards like maelstrom vateshran etc , will those pop up after the fix or just lost ?
    Edited by quickblade418 on April 27, 2021 8:28PM
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • Vandee
    Vandee
    Soul Shriven
    I gained millions of AP while having this bug, will I get compensated for the mails I didn't receive ? or Will they show up after the fix, what about my trials rewards like maelstrom vateshran etc , will those pop up after the fix or just lost ?

Yea, I hope that all the items pending in maiblox will reach us safely after patch. Otherwise I'm not subscrubing and gonna quit instead.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I'll stop complaining, since we finally got a response, but this has been an absolute joke.

More edits since I last stopped in :D

I think I'll take my leave of these forums and only ever drop in to lurk on patch notes. As it stands, discussion does nothing to further the experience, as ZOS doesn't listen and doesn't allow criticism. If I get a bug like this again, I'll just send a support ticket every four days.

"We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days)."

I'm going to make that a two-way street.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Dontezz
    Dontezz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

OMG Thank You! and Sorry .. not sorry for not being patient...

I am sure most of us would still like to be compensated for lost ESO+ time...
    Edited by Dontezz on April 27, 2021 10:24PM
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Thank you very much for responding, and it sounds like good news, so at least I can stop worrying about it for now.

PLZ pass the following on to your department heads:

The “we are aware of the issue and are working on it” is understandable up to a point. But beyond that point (and this was way beyond that point), those of us affected by this issue need some feedback even if you haven't figured it all out yet.

Giving us no information at all (like a possible timeline or the effects of any proposed course of action), makes us feel ignored and unimportant. Robotic responses make us feel like you aren’t staffed to do the job we need you to do, or that you could care less.

Giving everybody a free pet or mount after you fix it (whenever that will be), doesn’t help AT ALL.

Thank you for listening.
  • YGZ_BJK
    YGZ_BJK
    Can someone explain to me “what is incremental patch”? please.
  • B3N
    B3N
    ✭✭✭

Current version is 6.3.8, next week, they INCREMENT the version to 6.3.9. That's what meant by incremental patch. :smile:
    Guild: VANEN - www.vanen.info - EU / PC
    Character: - Aiala - Templar
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL

a patch that is done regularly usually weekly to fix known bugs, glitches, exploits etc.
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    Dontezz wrote: »
    You shouldn't apologize for your impatience, because it was not impatience. What happened here - especially considering the support not answering our tickets - was bad and we are right in being irritated.

Also, I don't think we should be thankful. There are several players out there with this problem who will not find this topic. And they're probably being ignored by the support, just like we were. Without a public note regarding this problem, they're desperate and deprived of information.
  • Vandee
    Vandee
    Soul Shriven
    KairanD wrote: »
    You shouldn't apologize for your impatience, because it was not impatience. What happened here - especially considering the support not answering our tickets - was bad and we are right in being irritated.

Also, I don't think we should be thankful. There are several players out there with this problem who will not find this topic. And they're probably being ignored by the support, just like we were. Without a public note regarding this problem, they're desperate and deprived of information.

Indeed, my ticket was also ignored. I cannot really imagine such game breaking issue being present in other top MMO for such a long time and with no communication to customers. This is below any expectations.
    Edited by Vandee on April 30, 2021 3:00PM
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Vandee wrote: »

Indeed, my ticket was also ignored. I cannot really imagine such game breaking issue being present in other top MMO for such a long time and with no communication to customers. This is below any expectations.

same lol my 2 weeks old ticket is still being ignored "waiting on agent" lets just hope they actually fix it this upcoming week like they said they would.
  • ionut1219
    ionut1219
    ✭✭

You are absolutely right and the way they handled this whole thing was the worst I ever seen.

Usually when gamebreaking bugs like this happen,games reward people or they issue an apology but they didn't just ignore everyone for 1 month,but also threw a - ''thank you for your patience while we just edited all your comments asking what is happening cuz criticism = bashing'' (I don't care about rewards but the least they could have done was issue an apology . Especially for their toxic behaviour)

Someone mentioned how most games won't have situations like this and they are absolutely right . After I quit a game I played for 13 years (won't name it . it has taurens) , I searched for the new big thing having played almost all mmorpgs out there.

This was the only one where I met a situation as bad as this.

Where was even an apology being issued ?

I was dmd by some ESO staff member that if I have complaints about them then I should make a ticket about it - > all tickets got ignored about my complaints/got bot responses . Pretty much a - ''We will just throw your opinion down the bin since it does not matter'' . In fact they even told me that they are going to ban me if I continue to criticise them whitch I care very little about now. I would post screenshoot as proof but they would quickly remove my evidence and call me a flamer while I didn't use a single flame word or something that wasn't factual . Everything that I mentioned and got edited was very light criticism wise (it just had the mentioning of eso plus members paying and not being able to check mail)

All in all as a review - > Game is 8/10 . Staff 0/10 . It wasn't a small bug . It was a bug that didn't let players actually..........play .......for 1 month straight with 0 response.

I will ask you just this - when another bug like this goes live again , will you handle it the same way you did now ?

• wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    ionut1219 wrote: »

You are absolutely right and the way they handled this whole thing was the worst I ever seen.

Usually when gamebreaking bugs like this happen,games reward people or they issue an apology but they didn't just ignore everyone for 1 month,but also threw a - ''thank you for your patience while we just edited all your comments asking what is happening cuz criticism = bashing'' (I don't care about rewards but the least they could have done was issue an apology . Especially for their toxic behaviour)

Someone mentioned how most games won't have situations like this and they are absolutely right . After I quit a game I played for 13 years (won't name it . it has taurens) , I searched for the new big thing having played almost all mmorpgs out there.

This was the only one where I met a situation as bad as this.

Where was even an apology being issued ?

I was dmd by some ESO staff member that if I have complaints about them then I should make a ticket about it - > all tickets got ignored about my complaints/got bot responses . Pretty much a - ''We will just throw your opinion down the bin since it does not matter'' . In fact they even told me that they are going to ban me if I continue to criticise them whitch I care very little about now. I would post screenshoot as proof but they would quickly remove my evidence and call me a flamer while I didn't use a single flame word or something that wasn't factual . Everything that I mentioned and got edited was very light criticism wise (it just had the mentioning of eso plus members paying and not being able to check mail)

All in all as a review - > Game is 8/10 . Staff 0/10 . It wasn't a small bug . It was a bug that didn't let players actually..........play .......for 1 month straight with 0 response.

I will ask you just this - when another bug like this goes live again , will you handle it the same way you did now ?

Wait the bug is resolved for you? You are using past tense as if it was resolved xd they claimed they would fix it last patch and they didn't fix anything. Lets hope they actually do this time around.
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

Wait the bug is resolved for you? You are using past tense as if it was resolved xd they claimed they would fix it last patch and they didn't fix anything. Lets hope they actually do this time around.[/quote]

Hmmm... On the 27th, they said it should be fixed in next weeks patch. That would be next week. I never saw them say it was supposed to be fixed before that. Where did you see this?

They took too long to address it for sure, but now that they have let's give them a chance to fix it.