The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Phantom Mail Bug ...

• chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having same issue.

Mail UI shows empty. However not able to receive ANY new mail, (players, system, purchases, etc). If a player tries to send me mail it tells them my inbox is full.

Need to get this fixed ASAP.
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Yup its really frustrating. How can you play properly if you can't buy anything from the guild stores bec you can't receive the item or receive an item from someone. I hope the ZOS gets this addressed soon before blackwood's release bec all of the people affected by this will definitely not buy the new expansion.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a response from support asking about specific items that may not have been received. I figure the first was likely a robot so I asked about just having the mail wiped so that I can again receive mail from other players as I do not care about whatever mail I might have lost otherwise. Will report back when I hear something.
    PvP needs more love.
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Yup all the responses I get from the tickets that I sent are from auto generated(bot) replies based on some key words on your report.. they say just keep trying until you get a live person but until now this issue still persist and no assurance from their team that this is being addressed already by devs.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Been saying I have mail for days now. I'm still getting mail, stuff I buy from traders still comes through, but there's just some random phantom piece of mail
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    It's been over a week and no apparent progress. After a week you must have some idea, so plz clue us in. You keep redirecting people to this thread but you're not posting anything here. Throw us a bone. Whatever mail I had in my affected account(s) ages as we wait. is that mail that I cannot reach safe from being deleted if it's age reaches the dreaded 30 day mark?

I paid a lot of money for these accounts.

8(

• LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Now all I do w/ the game is login once a day just to check if this issue is fixed. It's really frustrating.
  • xTorquato
    xTorquato
    Soul Shriven
    that's it, we are all doomed.
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also a victim of the latest update.

I had dozens of messages from crafting hirelings and some from friends. Now the game shows no messages, but my friends are receiving a mailbox full error when attempting to send anything to me. I'm also unable to receive anything from crafting hirelings. I've already tried to log out and back in a lot of times. Even on different computers. I'm unable to receive any mail. I'm also unable to receive or see any notification.

bud9a208qr2h.png

There's something wrong with the server. Nobody can send me messages because the server says that the box is full, but at the same time I don't even see a single message in the box! This is extremely annoying and absurd. I'm waiting for a response from the support since last saturday.

I'm logging in just to see if it's fixed. It's just so insane to see something like that happening. I can't buy anything from guild stores. I can't sell anything to guild stores. I can't receive rewards.

I'm really afraid of the next updates now. What's next, blue screens?
  • Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭
    Same issue here; no mail in my inbox for either character or system mail on any characters, and friends are unable to send me mail because my inbox is allegedly full. Checked without any add-ons just in case:

7h4wltxtp07j.png

Been like this since at least Saturday, and from all the posts I'm seeing, it's probably been an issue since before my friends and I ventured back in. It's not across the board, because it seems I'm the only one in my circle of friends who is affected by this.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    ohh, I just received it too, so disappointed bcz when I saw it I thought it is some kind of reward and there was noting :neutral: hahah
    Edited by HyekAr on April 22, 2021 4:33PM
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    I wonder when will this thread be noticed and given action.
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    LOrdCarL wrote: »

I don't think just posting here is going to help much, but at least u get to vent.
    Go to the online support section of their web site and send them another message.
    You should get an email response - at least I did when I canceled my subscription and they asked if they could help.

Included in their response was this:

"Please note that you can always submit feedback directly to the Developers by typing /feedback into your chat box on PC or using the in-game Player Menu and selecting "Help" > "Submit Feedback" on console."

Maybe try that.
    GL
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    johnebrown wrote: »

I don't think just posting here is going to help much, but at least u get to vent.
    Go to the online support section of their web site and send them another message.
    You should get an email response - at least I did when I canceled my subscription and they asked if they could help.

Included in their response was this:

"Please note that you can always submit feedback directly to the Developers by typing /feedback into your chat box on PC or using the in-game Player Menu and selecting "Help" > "Submit Feedback" on console."

Maybe try that.
    GL

Tried it a lot of times dude 10 tickets w/ no proper response or update if they are doing something about it.. it seems like their support system is just managed by bots and it just get a response from keywords in your message. Someone said that I should just keep on trying until I get a live person but it has already been a lot of tickets in-game, direct emails, etc.., I think I already exhausted all the resources that I can use just for them to do something or even just reply that they are already doing something but nothing has been done. So I think I already did all that you said but thanks for the info still bro. Ill send a screenshot of how rediculous one of the email response was, you can easily see that it's a bot that's responding.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually happens to me if i try to open a mail, mid-port.... wayshrine or home. Only fix found so far being restart of entire client, but, so far it fixed it for me.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Usually happens to me if i try to open a mail, mid-port.... wayshrine or home. Only fix found so far being restart of entire client, but, so far it fixed it for me.

This is a different thing. What your saying is the mail delays that we already have even before the new mail overhaul. This one is different it's not fixed by restart, reconnect, /reloadui.. I think mostly affected by this bug are those who have not logged in for a long time prior to the new mail system.
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    Misharra wrote: »
    Been like this since at least Saturday, and from all the posts I'm seeing, it's probably been an issue since before my friends and I ventured back in. It's not across the board, because it seems I'm the only one in my circle of friends who is affected by this.
    This issue has been around for quite some time. Weeks already. At first I was logging in just for the daily reward, waiting for it to be solved. But it wasn't. Then I sent a ticket, and I'm still waiting for a response.
    johnebrown wrote: »
    I came here because the support isn't helpful. They just ignore you with problems like these. I sent two tickets: one for the feedback section (only to report purposes) and one for a normal section, waiting for a response.

Our accounts are, basically, broken. You can't buy things on guild stores, you can't sell things on guild stores, you can't receive rewards from dungeons or pvp... You can't do anything in this game without the mailing system. So, posting here and asking the community is the only hope we have.
    Tried it a lot of times dude 10 tickets w/ no proper response or update if they are doing something about it.. it seems like their support system is just managed by bots and it just get a response from keywords in your message. Someone said that I should just keep on trying until I get a live person but it has already been a lot of tickets in-game, direct emails, etc.., I think I already exhausted all the resources that I can use just for them to do something or even just reply that they are already doing something but nothing has been done. So I think I already did all that you said but thanks for the info still bro. Ill send a screenshot of how rediculous one of the email response was, you can easily see that it's a bot that's responding.
    The only response I got was also from a bot, asking questions that had already been answered in my first message. An absurd response, not even related to the issue.

For people with Plus: ask for a compensation. They need to compensate the lost days, since the mailing malfunction basically breaks the game.
    I think mostly affected by this bug are those who have not logged in for a long time prior to the new mail system.
    I was only logging in just for the daily reward for a couple weeks. So I had a lot of messages from crafting hirelings. Maybe the number of messages is a factor.

Are you also playing on PC/NA?
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL

I think mostly affected by this bug are those who have not logged in for a long time prior to the new mail system.
    I was only logging in just for the daily reward for a couple weeks. So I had a lot of messages from crafting hirelings. Maybe the number of messages is a factor.

Are you also playing on PC/NA?[/quote]

Yes..

• quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there not a single word about this bug on the patch notes , can't they fix it already ? THis is affecting alot of returning players and with no mail ,good luck on them to resub or buy anything
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • Dontezz
    Dontezz
    ✭✭✭
    I am returning playing and have ESO+ time ticking away while my account is bugged with no mail system since returning ... I've been gone so long I don't even remember what i should be getting with mail.. I just know dang guild venders keep my gold and don't give me my items..
  • Xour
    Xour
    I'm having this very same issue: 27 unread messages and an empty inbox.
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    Already one week waiting for a response from the support. About two weeks (or more) being unable to play.

Anyone managed to talk to a human being when contacting them?
    Why is there not a single word about this bug on the patch notes , can't they fix it already ? THis is affecting alot of returning players and with no mail ,good luck on them to resub or buy anything
    They should list this as a service alert.
    Dontezz wrote: »
    I am returning playing and have ESO+ time ticking away while my account is bugged with no mail system since returning...
    Ask for a refund. Or a compensation of the lost days.
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    Exact same issue.
    Only automated responses from support, been waiting ~3 weeks for this to be solved :(
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Having the same issue here, Contacted support but no replies so far I tried everything including reinstalling the game even creating a new character to see if the welcome mail would prompt the mail box and it said I received a mail in the bottom left corner and how to check my mailbox but it was empty as per usual.
  • Sadra88
    Sadra88
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. 4 unread messages and empty inbox. I contacted support but only automated response. they probably don't respond because this is a known issue and they're trying to fix it. at least I hope they are... it's because of some mail that i had that expired because I'm a returning player (haven't played for a year or so) so the mail expired but the notifications stayed for some reason. Please take action on this crucial bug!
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Is there really no way for us to call the attention of the devs for this? or just give us some light that this issue is already being worked on.
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth Any progress about this issue?
  • ionut1219
    ionut1219
    ✭✭
    Made a forum account just for this issue alone since it's so game breaking. I made countless tickets but encountered same issue bot wise where their answers would have absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote......in fact it was similar to - ''did you try to turn it off and on again'' type of advice.

How are you releasing new dlc's/focus on cosmetics when this issue is so common to a lot of people already ? Those said players won't even be able to do anything........you can't even do the daily crafting if you run out of mats on your alts at lower lvls

By the time you fix this issue 1 month would have past by..........AND THAT IS IF........IF you fix it in that timeframe considering most players reported this issue from 6 of this month.

I played all mmorpgs out there and I was having a really great time on ESO (letting aside the biggest loading screen times/poor optimization that it had) , but I never in my life encountered only bots in tickets after I made so many tickets.

Worst part is that nothing has even been said about this except ''we are looking into it'' by 1 guy in the forums and that was on 14 this month and we are on 25 . You looked into it and decided to ignore it,lol ?

How can you continue to create new content when a bug so important is roaming free that doesn't even let players .......actually play ?

You want money from eso plus but what's the point to even invest in a game so broken at this point .

Shame for not even giving an actual answer if you progressed with fixing the bug or not and letting the players on hang on mode for almost 1 month.........really poor team management there

You can have excuses for having bugs but not reporting anything for such a long time about a bug that can't let players actually do anything ? Worst mistake
  • Treblin
    Treblin
    ✭✭
    Just returned after several months off...otherwise played since beta. This is the biggest issue I've had since launch (besides launch itself). Was looking forward to getting playing again, renewing ESO+, pre-ordering Blackwood, etc. Now, I'm going to let the ~40 days of my ESO+ ride itself out before I re-up.

This issue is game-breaking (I mean, those affected cannot use Guild Traders, Hirelings,...). My condolences to all those also affected. Hopefully they devote attention to this and get it fixed soon!
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    ionut1219 wrote: »
    Made a forum account just for this issue alone since it's so game breaking. I made countless tickets but encountered same issue bot wise where their answers would have absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote......in fact it was similar to - ''did you try to turn it off and on again'' type of advice.

How are you releasing new dlc's/focus on cosmetics when this issue is so common to a lot of people already ? Those said players won't even be able to do anything........you can't even do the daily crafting if you run out of mats on your alts at lower lvls

By the time you fix this issue 1 month would have past by..........AND THAT IS IF........IF you fix it in that timeframe considering most players reported this issue from 6 of this month.

I played all mmorpgs out there and I was having a really great time on ESO (letting aside the biggest loading screen times/poor optimization that it had) , but I never in my life encountered only bots in tickets after I made so many tickets.

Worst part is that nothing has even been said about this except ''we are looking into it'' by 1 guy in the forums and that was on 14 this month and we are on 25 . You looked into it and decided to ignore it,lol ?

How can you continue to create new content when a bug so important is roaming free that doesn't even let players .......actually play ?

You want money from eso plus but what's the point to even invest in a game so broken at this point .

Shame for not even giving an actual answer if you progressed with fixing the bug or not and letting the players on hang on mode for almost 1 month.........really poor team management there

You can have excuses for having bugs but not reporting anything for such a long time about a bug that can't let players actually do anything ? Worst mistake

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah - what he said.

You guys ought to be ashamed. Horrible customer service.