The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Phantom Mail Bug ...

• wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Yup an update on this would be much needed the game is just unplayable without the mail system, Can't buy from guild stores, Can't sell, Can't do daily dungeons or PvP because then your mail rewards would be lost anyway. Just got kicked from my 5 trading guilds for inactivity as I can't trade. You just can't do anything at all I'm surprised this haven't been addressed yet this is 100% game breaking and affecting alot of people.
  • ionut1219
    ionut1219
    ✭✭
    ''Last 30 Days 23,489.5 +16.34%''
    March 2021 20,190.1 +1.40%

This steam statistic for the game clearly indicates that there's a lot of returning players just like myself .

How many ESO players do you think have a forum account ? I made one just for this issue.

Now,with those numbers being shown,most of that gain in population (them being here for new upcoming content),this means atleast over 40-50% of the new returning players can't play the game at all.

I know there are more players than what it's being shown there but there's a 3k difference in population from 20 to 23 k

Even by those statistics you would assume 3k out of 23k players can't play the game at all . That's a lot of players

Best way to show returning players why they shouldn't play this game I guess .

How can you have such a gamebreaking bug for so many people and not even give further notice on it when there's still lots of players paying for ESO plus ?

Your internet is now down,you call the internet provider to come and fix it, they say ''we are going to do it'' , almost 1 month passes by and you still have no internet. [snip]

You could have taken even 1 month to fix this bug and not have people hate your company if atleast you were to adress the problem and give feedback/update on it . You clearly didn't whitch shows the lack of respect to the players and anyone paying.

How do you recompensate those who paid for eso plus for 1 month wasted

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 25, 2021 12:50PM
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Would like to add something else I found out that's related with this bug I think, I went to farm some mother sorrows chest as I can't trade/receive mails or anything else figured out id stack on them and after 2-3 chests I look at my inventory and notice that I haven't been receiving anything. It does say in chat "received ring of mother sorrows etcetc" but we don't actually receive the items the same way we don't receive any mails.
  • Treblin
    Treblin
    ✭✭
    wrote wrote: »
    Would like to add something else I found out that's related with this bug I think, I went to farm some mother sorrows chest as I can't trade/receive mails or anything else figured out id stack on them and after 2-3 chests I look at my inventory and notice that I haven't been receiving anything. It does say in chat "received ring of mother sorrows etcetc" but we don't actually receive the items the same way we don't receive any mails.

^ This I have not experienced (that I've noticed).

Being kicked from trade guilds was inevitable when I took time off, but now not being able to rejoin... I almost didn't log back in as I was feeling burnt out on ESO when I took time away, but it's been a staple game for me for many years. To log in after a time and be greeted with this. It's demoralizing after the $100s spent over the years.
  • melfreeman
    melfreeman
    ✭✭
    This is insane, why has this not been fixed?
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    melfreeman wrote: »

No clue they even avoiding support tickets concerning it apparently its been like over a month for some people with no replies at all except the same automated one we get where they ask us what's the items we lost like it was the matter here we just can't play the game it almost feel like they disabled our accounts for inactivity and when we log back in it enabled them again but only allowing us to roam free because nothing else works at all.
  • melfreeman
    melfreeman
    ✭✭
    wrote wrote: »
    melfreeman wrote: »

No clue they even avoiding support tickets concerning it apparently its been like over a month for some people with no replies at all except the same automated one we get where they ask us what's the items we lost like it was the matter here we just can't play the game it almost feel like they disabled our accounts for inactivity and when we log back in it enabled them again but only allowing us to roam free because nothing else works at all.

All I know is I was gone for maybe a month not even that long. I have no idea what I am *** missing cause I was gone so that is just bad company policy on their part. I paid for ESO Plus and I just bought Blackwood, they need to fix this ***. Been playing since *** Alpha and I didn't even get a gift for being a member that long. Did anyone get any kind of acknowledgement for being a player from the beginning? Just seems disrespectful on ZOS's part.
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    I don't recommend review bombing, but I've left a negative review on steam that describes that bug and their lack of communication.
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Yea I don't personally intend to leave any bad reviews but they need to fix this asap and maybe addressing it/ replying wouldn't hurt either. It just feel like they sliding it under the rug even tho it seems to affect everyone who hasn't logged in since last update.
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    dabro90 wrote: »
    I don't recommend review bombing, but I've left a negative review on steam that describes that bug and their lack of communication.

I actually did the same bec I played before in the main launcher but then I recently bought a copy on steam for easier access and achievements but then this happened so I made a review [snip] fed up w/ this.. im already considering refunding my steam copy of this.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 25, 2021 3:36PM
  • Sadra88
    Sadra88
    Soul Shriven
    it really is insane if such a game breaking bug is going unnoticed. with the player count now increasing by the day and reaching one of it's all time highs, shows how many players are returning to eso. and this bug will prevent most of them from playing the game properly. i do hope this gets fixed as soon as possible
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Sadra88 wrote: »
    it really is insane if such a game breaking bug is going unnoticed. with the player count now increasing by the day and reaching one of it's all time highs, shows how many players are returning to eso. and this bug will prevent most of them from playing the game properly. i do hope this gets fixed as soon as possible

Yea I don't even think they have an idea of how many people this affect because not alot of people use the forum I registered an account yesterday just for this bug literally. Also I'm pretty certain this affect every returning players who haven't played in a while because I decided to redownload the game but steam version this time (as I have 2 accounts) and even this account had the same exact issue. So if my 2 different accounts on 2 version of the game (steam and non-steam) have this issue I can only assume that every returning players are facing it.

And the worst part is that for me its only been 3 days since I decided to download the game and play again but apparently other players have been facing this exact bug for a complete month now with no fixes, comments on it at all.
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    Now all the hours I've put in trials and weekly leaderboards , maelstrom vatesheran etc , I wont be able to receive the rewards from them ? Lame... please fix for the love of the god
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    [snip] but to no avail are we seeing any comment or update from them about this issue that we are all frustrated about. PLS UNDERSTAND OUR FRUSTRATION ABOUT THIS ISSUE..

[Edited for Discussion of Moderation Aciton]
    Edited by Psiion on April 25, 2021 7:32PM
  • melfreeman
    melfreeman
    ✭✭
    At least we know they are watching the forums, since they keep editing stuff lol
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    Wish someone would answer our question as adamantly as editing posts.
  • Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭
    Posted an in-game report about this. The response I got from a human (after I responded to the automatic "Try logging out and back in again" return) was so canned that it beggars belief.

And it's not the rep's fault for this being likely a policy to handle complaints about bugs that have no fix. So I'm not going to call the individual out because really, what more could they do as an individual? They had to respond in that way.

I understand that there's a new expansion on the horizon. QA is probably swamped and collectively pulling their hair out. It's a garbage situation. But going ostrich and implicitly suggesting everyone experiencing this game-wrecking bug to do the same is a sure-fire way to make everyone hesitant to pay a single cent for that new expansion. It's self-defeating, and I know this team can do better.

Give us an option, maybe? Can we just...opt to have whatever's clogging our inbox nuked if we know it's just pages of unread hireling mail from the time before we logged back in? Pull a big ol' flush on the mailbox and let the pipes flow freely again?

If this isn't something they can do, I'm officially pulling my sub today. I'll be back if and when I can log in and see mail.
  • Treblin
    Treblin
    ✭✭
    Misharra wrote: »
    Posted an in-game report about this. The response I got from a human (after I responded to the automatic "Try logging out and back in again" return) was so canned that it beggars belief.

And it's not the rep's fault for this being likely a policy to handle complaints about bugs that have no fix. So I'm not going to call the individual out because really, what more could they do as an individual? They had to respond in that way.

I understand that there's a new expansion on the horizon. QA is probably swamped and collectively pulling their hair out. It's a garbage situation. But going ostrich and implicitly suggesting everyone experiencing this game-wrecking bug to do the same is a sure-fire way to make everyone hesitant to pay a single cent for that new expansion. It's self-defeating, and I know this team can do better.

Give us an option, maybe? Can we just...opt to have whatever's clogging our inbox nuked if we know it's just pages of unread hireling mail from the time before we logged back in? Pull a big ol' flush on the mailbox and let the pipes flow freely again?

If this isn't something they can do, I'm officially pulling my sub today. I'll be back if and when I can log in and see mail.

^ My thoughts exactly. Well said.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I realize the forum moderators and people responsible for fixing this bug are different people, but would it hurt for a community manager or someone to pop in and just tell us you're still working on this? Provide any update whatsoever?

[snip]

Complete silence on a massive game-breaking bug is not why I pay for this game. This is a bad look.

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 27, 2021 1:19PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    pls look into it already zos we can't play the game, the mail system is everything :/
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    Submitted a bug report 2 weeks ago. Not a single response.
  • ionut1219
    ionut1219
    ✭✭
    Made a new thread about it since this one keeps getting ignored entirely . I am waiting to see what kind of reply I will get

100% It will be ''this issue has already been adressed'' and will redirect everyone to this thread . This very thread they keep ignoring and haven't given an answer since 14th of april and even that response was vague
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    ionut1219 wrote: »
    Made a new thread about it since this one keeps getting ignored entirely . I am waiting to see what kind of reply I will get

100% It will be ''this issue has already been adressed'' and will redirect everyone to this thread . This very thread they keep ignoring and haven't given an answer since 14th of april and even that response was vague

I don't think it will make a difference bec this has been the 2nd thread. they already closed the first one and redirected everyone here. I think they already seen this, it's just that they are not doing anything yet to update us. If they want this fixed they would have told us already that "we are currently working on it and an update will come out soon".
  • ionut1219
    ionut1219
    ✭✭
    The fact that we got no answer after all this time indicates that this bug is the least of their worries and will not get fixed for a long time (probably in 2-3 months after their playerbase will drop again)

I am already playing a different game so it means nothing to me anymore even if they fix it or not . I am done
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    ionut1219 wrote: »
    The fact that we got no answer after all this time indicates that this bug is the least of their worries and will not get fixed for a long time (probably in 2-3 months after their playerbase will drop again)

I am already playing a different game so it means nothing to me anymore even if they fix it or not . I am done

right lmao we literally CANT PLAY THE GAME, paying customer who can't play the game and instead they're too busy replying to like threads about youtubers who aren't happy about new changes while we sit here and wait without being able to play what we're literally paying for. This is actually stupid we're not asking them the moon we'd just like a reply like "hey were working on it" instead were getting an absolute silence.
  • Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭
    Well, an update. Front-line support has some manner of toolkit limitation preventing them from even engaging a nuclear option like "just clear out the entire in-game mailbox for me" so anyone with this issue is stuck with it until they put priority on fixing it. Disappointing, but on some level I expected it.

With regret I've cancelled my ESO+ subscription. I'll probably be back--saying otherwise feels like a lie--but I can't pay in good conscience while such a core system of the game is broken for me.
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    Misharra wrote: »
    Well, an update. Front-line support has some manner of toolkit limitation preventing them from even engaging a nuclear option like "just clear out the entire in-game mailbox for me" so anyone with this issue is stuck with it until they put priority on fixing it. Disappointing, but on some level I expected it.

With regret I've cancelled my ESO+ subscription. I'll probably be back--saying otherwise feels like a lie--but I can't pay in good conscience while such a core system of the game is broken for me.

The option to just quit and then come back if/when they fix it, is one good reason *not* to buy a lengthy subscription like I did. I thought a yearly subscription to a game I have been playing for 6 or more years (really don't remember) was a no brainer. Hmm. Probably not my wisest idea.
  • YGZ_BJK
    YGZ_BJK
    I have same problem and it is very annoying. Because the game so unplayable without mailbox ofcourse. We cant any information from support when the big problem showns up, this is so bad. I dont wanna quit game and I payed lots of money sub and etc. I wanna play. If I want play this game, they must solve the problem. So let's keep writing and complaining. I dont want wait next update...
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    lmao "until they put priority on fixing it" that's a dumb *** answer if I've ever seen one when does it become a priority exactly? because we can't play the game without the mail system. And that issue is targeting every single returning players. On any other games they would've been made priority a month ago when it was first reported. Because I can guarantee you that the player loss is going to be insane specially over longtime.
  • tt4ngo0
    tt4ngo0
    Soul Shriven
    Glad i didn't brought dlcs or sub so i'll just leave this game for good. Its not triple A game at all, its plays like some early Access indie game, not worth any money.