Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Endeavors

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Endeavors system. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you understand how to complete an Endeavor? If not, what did you not understand?
  • Was it clear when you had completed all the Endeavors you could for a time period?
  • Did you know where to go to spend Seals of Endeavor?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 20, 2021 3:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't find where the endeavours are even listed - I am usually pretty good at figuring things out but not on this occasion, so that should be improved when it goes live.

(Also can some kind soul please post here telling me where to look for them in game, many thanks!)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I can't find where the endeavours are even listed - I am usually pretty good at figuring things out but not on this occasion, so that should be improved when it goes live.

(Also can some kind soul please post here telling me where to look for them in game, many thanks!)

According to the patch notes, there should be an Endeavors section of the "Group & Activity Finder".
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

According to the patch notes, there should be an Endeavors section of the "Group & Activity Finder".

Thank you thank you - I did read the patch notes last night but that seems like a very long time ago! I appreciate the help :)

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing I tried went wrong, so here is my feedback on that:

One of the dailies is to craft 5 items with the blacksmithing skill. I crafted 5 daggers at once (using the + button to multicraft 5 simultaneously) and it only registered as 1/5 on the endeavour page.

The text of the daily either needs rewording to specify 5 separate or different items, or it needs to register multicraft as the correct number of items.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2021 4:37PM

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rewards seem crystal clear.

I imagine if I made any progress I'd quickly figure out if the caps were per-character or per-account, but at the moment I don't know. ;)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all account wide.

Comment on the endeavours themselves.

The daily ones listed seem fine, good variety of things to choose from

The weekly ones however are ALL group combat based - yes I know some of us older players can solo world bosses/dungeons/public dungeon group events, but newer less experienced and less well geared/lower level players will NOT be able to do these without a group - this is not the wide range of activities to suit all playstyles that was indicated in the Live Stream.

Also it is entirely PvE based. This suits me but will NOT suit everyone - add (ie in addition to existing endeavors, not replace) a PvP based challenge (BG completion, Cyro board mission, capture x number of resources etc) every day and every week for the weeklies so that PvPers get an opportunity to do something they enjoy each day.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2021 4:53PM

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found what is either a bug or a bad decision:

I crafted 3 of an item at once, and it only counted as 1 toward the craft-5-Blacksmithing-items Endeavor.

(Specifically, it was the very first item on the crafting UI, the lowest and plainest form of iron axe.)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of my daily Endeavors was to kill 10 humanoid enemies. The tooltip said these could be killed anywhere in Tamriel. However, I killed guards at an enemy faction controlled resource in Cyrodiil and none of them counted toward the goal. I killed some Black Dagger enemies at the delve near Arrius Keep in Cyrodiil and none of them counted toward the goal, either.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rewards seem crystal clear.

I imagine if I made any progress I'd quickly figure out if the caps were per-character or per-account, but at the moment I don't know. ;)

Yes, it's all clear now. :)

Anyhow, Endeavor feedback is also implicitly being given in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570758/endeavors-offered#latest
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest confusion so far is probably that Endeavors are listed under the "Group" tab, when the general description of them doesn't sound group-y at all.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crafted five daggers in one go. The endeavours page showed that I had only made one item.
    PC EU
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, having the endeavors information under Group Finder makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

Put the Endeavors tab on the Journal page instead, which would seem to be a more natural home for it.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2021 6:56PM

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Did you understand how to complete an Endeavor? If not, what did you not understand?

Daily tasks were very easy to understand.

2) Was it clear when you had completed all the Endeavors you could for a time period?

I have only completed two, but it was clear.

3) Did you know where to go to spend Seals of Endeavor?

Of course, it was the first thing I tried to do after loggin in :) Sadly, I had to earn Seals first... :D

4) Do you have any other general feedback?

I am very grateful that we can buy Radiants and Apex mounts from current crate season! I honestly didn't expect that - I thought we will only be able to buy consumables and such.
    I could try all mounts myself, it is very helpful <3

I would love if for next PTS cycles, we will also be able to buy Radiants and Apex mounts from corresponding live crate season. It removes the stress of waiting for showcase videos, and allows to preview mount of choice in action and in house <3 Some of mount's idle animations are really awesome this season. All these things really help to decide what to do on live server.
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Did you understand how to complete an Endeavor? If not, what did you not understand?

The first thing my (totally and deliberately new) character knew about tehse was a notification that I had completed the 'kill 10 humanoids' one. This prompted a LOT of searching though menus to find out more about these and what I had to do. Why on earth are these in the group finder tab? Makes no sense.

PC-EU.
  • fboostb16_ESO
    fboostb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    • Did you understand how to complete an Endeavor? If not, what did you not understand?
      The endeavors are pretty straightforward.
    • Was it clear when you had completed all the Endeavors you could for a time period?
      Also clear.
      Took a second look, might have been the placeholder icon looking like a question mark.
      There is absolutelty no way to give good feedback unless we now how many seals are needed for any reward. If its seals : crown gems 1:1 it might be overtuned if it's 1:10 it's not worth my time.

Edited by fboostb16_ESO on April 21, 2021 5:33AM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you understand how to complete an Endeavor? If not, what did you not understand?
    Understood as it says clear as day what you need to do

Was it clear when you had completed all the Endeavors you could for a time period?
    Yes

Did you know where to go to spend Seals of Endeavor?
    After somne digging found the tab where you needed to spend, might not be clear for some people, maybe adda little tool tip on daily and weekly to point you where you have to go.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Seem very straight forward. Hope that on live things are not going to be like collect 2000 for this pet. That the prices are not too high.
    Edited by Chaos2088 on April 20, 2021 9:54PM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 world bosses is ... steep.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    One of my daily Endeavors was to kill 10 humanoid enemies. The tooltip said these could be killed anywhere in Tamriel. However, I killed guards at an enemy faction controlled resource in Cyrodiil and none of them counted toward the goal. I killed some Black Dagger enemies at the delve near Arrius Keep in Cyrodiil and none of them counted toward the goal, either.

Killing other players ALSO didn't count for me. IMO so my guess is that PVP zones and player kills are excluded from counting. which as far as feedback goes should be changed.

Also i need to ask if the endeavor quests will remain to be the same for all players or will there be variance?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see the list of endeavours in the game, but then I didn't spend much time looking. But given they're used to obtain crown crate items and the activities themselves seem similar to quests or achievements I expected some info in either the crown store or the journal and didn't see anything in either of those menus.

I was pleased however to see I was awarded 3 seals (when I completed my second tutorial - the Coldharbour one) without having to activate anything or even knowing what I needed to do to earn them. It's nice that players won't miss out on seals they could have earned because they forget or don't know to activate something and it can be done entirely passively. I think that will make it a lot more user-friendly.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had issues in gamepad mode with it not showing the crown crate page when I went to spend seals. Seemed to be after I'd been to the normal crown store.
    PS4 EU
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anybody know if progress is account wide? As in can I craft blacksmithing over 5 different characters x 1?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since there doesn't seem to be an Endeavors Bug thread (at least not one linked in the big sticky at the top of the PTS section), here's an interesting one:

In Blackwood I had 5 daily endeavors, each worth 3 Seals and 1k gold. I did a few of these, such as kill 10 humanoids, craft 5 blacksmithing items, and excavate 2 purple/gold antiquity items. I got the seals for them. The daily list said it would reset in about 5 hours.

I then ported to Artaeum, where all 5 daily endeavors changed to something completely different. These were all 1-seal endeavors, such as "kill 1 beast" and "craft 2 clothing items." These said they would reset in "1d 3h" -- that's not exactly daily, and it obviously reset too soon.

I ported back to Blackwood, where I got the original 5 daily endeavors with all my progress cleared. So I killed 10 more humanoids and got 3 more seals.

ETA: I ported back to Artaeum to do more excavating. While there, I harvested water and corn flower and got the same daily endeavor reward for harvesting pure water/plants the second time tonight.

This seems broken.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 21, 2021 4:09AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, so daily endeavors has reset already, more than an hour before server reset time.

Please don't introduce even more reset times into the game, keeping it simple and straightforward is important and endeavor dailies should change at daily reset time, NOT some bizarre point in between when the fencing counter resets and daily reset - there are way too many reset times in the game, it needs to stop and be unified.

EDIT: Have now fully read the post above this and possibly am having the same bug - either way it needs to be fixed!
    Edited by Epona222 on April 21, 2021 4:52AM

• Ynrael
    Ynrael
    ✭✭
    Zoneing seems to reset the Endeavours.
    Did a blacksmithing one (subject to the already noted issues), zoned into a delve, got a new set of endeavours.
    Left the delve and they reset to the old set but with no progress.
  • Ancalag
    Ancalag
    ✭✭
    Everything's clear for me.

Was it clear when you had completed all the Endeavors you could for a time period?
    Yes

Yes

We have no idea what will be the price of things with endeavor, so it's a little complicate to give feedback about it.
    If it's the same as for gems, it seems pretty fair if you're not looking for radiant apex mount. 2500 really ? 1200 is already way more than enough and means you can't have one each crates season even if you get everydays rewards.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancalag wrote: »
    We have no idea what will be the price of things with endeavor, so it's a little complicate to give feedback about it.
    If it's the same as for gems, it seems pretty fair if you're not looking for radiant apex mount. 2500 really ? 1200 is already way more than enough and means you can't have one each crates season even if you get everydays rewards.

Having seen a bit of how they're obtained I'm expecting seals to have at least a 1:1 'exchange rate' with crown gems. Meaning 3 seals gets you a mimic stone or some potions, 16 gets you a face marking, 100 for a regular mount and 400 for an apex mount.

I think that would be ok, I'm not expecting to be able to buy anything amazing right away (and besides I'm prepared for a long wait for the things I really want to be available at all) but I'm fully expecting some rage when the system launches and people focused exclusively on how long it will take to get a radiant apex mount.

I'm also half expecting to find the exchange rate is more like 5:1 and doing all the available endeavours for a day earns you enough seals to buy some potions, meaning it will take a very long time to get any of the more expensive items, in which case the anger would be more justified.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It says "kill 1 beast". What's a "beast"? I killed all kinds of overworld creatures from mud crabs up to a haj mota. None of them counted.
    PC EU
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Did you understand how to complete an Endeavor? If not, what did you not understand?

Pretty easy to understand.
    [*]Was it clear when you had completed all the Endeavors you could for a time period?

Yes.
    [*]Did you know where to go to spend Seals of Endeavor?

Yes, it was easy to find in the crown store.
    [*]Do you have any other general feedback?

1. The Endeavor crafting quest seems to mean that I have to craft the items separately and not in a bulk. Not sure if this is intended or not. If I craft two items at once it only counts as one item.

2. We don't know how many Endeavors you can earn per week (we could get 9 yesterday, 3 today, 20 this week) and we don't know the gem equivalent so it's hard to tell if it's gonna be super grindy or not. Gonna play a few more days so get an idea how much we can earn and what quests we get.

3. Otherwise awesome system
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Endeavors system. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

Yes, it's all fairly clear. I saw what the endeavours were in the lists of daily / weeklys, and when I completed one the message popped up to confirm it.

It wasn't clear whether the activities have to be unique - e.g. for the one where you have to complete x public dungeon group events, do they have to be separate public dungeon group events or can you just go to Tothmaul Gully and kill the Bloodroot, wait for it to respawn, kill it again and so on until you reach the requirement?

It's hard to provide feedback as to how much value the system has to players when the PTS crown store has every price set to 1. It would be good if you could publish some indicative Seal prices of the kinds of things that are always available in the crown crate section of the store, or a rough guide to the envisaged exchange rate between gems and seals. I couldn't say at the moment whether the system provides me enough incentive to go out of my way to complete endeavours if I want to save up for an item that would otherwise cost say 100 gems.

I also kind of don't see why you needed to introduce yet another currency - seals as far as I understand it can only be used to buy things that currently cost gems, so why not just make endeavours reward gems in the first place?
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭

Yes - I was already familiar with the system from playing Fallout 76 where Seasons has a similar system.

Yes

Yes and I did use them

Some of the challenges are too time consuming and not worth the effort. One of the weekly ones that I saw included kill 30 WB. I think five to ten WB a week is reasonable. I am not going to grind 30 WB a week for an endeavor seal. Nor do I plan to do any endeavor that cannot be done in a relatively short time. If the idea is to add more grinding, then it is a very bad idea. There is way too much grinding in the game already. These should be things that you naturally get for doing content so they do not become another grind festival and burden on the player. FO76 has a nice balance where you can easily take care of the daily and weekly challenges in a short time - I love that. What I saw in ESO just looked like a wall being placed to negate the value of endeavors.

When describing this in articles and communications, I think it would be helpful to give a full listing of endeavors so that people know what to expect. In fact it might be good to put it right here for peer review so that the community can help sort out what is reasonable and what is not.

I can see people complaining that all the weekly stuff requires groups, that the daily stuff doesn't include PvP, that new people with one character and low crafting are disadvantaged and so on. So tell us, what are all the things planned? Show us the variety so we can know what is in the offing and for those of us with guilds, so we can help with educating our members and sorting out complaints to keep the community happier.

My takeaway here is make these things reasonably easy and closer to what people with a limited time might actually be able and willing to do in the normal course instead of leaving them to feel it is all out of reach and never intended to really let them earn rewards.