Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Master Relics of the Wild Elves with Ayleid Crown Crates"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
feb68b6242bbf1512bfdfcc31861dd04.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Master Relics of the Wild Elves with Ayleid Crown Crates" blog article.

Claim the magical relics and curiosities of a once-proud race of Elves with Ayleid Crown Crates, coming soon to the in-game Crown Store!

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in Ayleid Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Culanda-Born Senche
  • Varla-Born Wolf
  • Welkynd-Born Courser

Apex Rewards:
  • Nenalata Ayleid Bear
  • Nenalata Ayleid Camel
  • Nenalata Ayleid Guar
  • Nenalata Ayleid Horse
  • Nenalata Ayleid Senche
  • Nenalata Ayleid Wolf
  • Resplendent Sweetroll

Legendary Rewards:
  • Ayleid Gate, Large
  • Blessed Life-Tree Body Markings
  • Comet, Aetherial
  • Dagon Fel Nix-Ox Steed
  • Day of Lights Spectacle
  • Deadlands Guar
  • Fisherfolk Work Wear
  • Gloam Wolf Cub
  • Hollow Void Husk
  • Legion Zero Destrier
  • Meridian Sabre Cub
  • Painter's Easel and Canvas
  • Scorched Alley Howler
  • Treethane's Mosaic Jerkin
  • Varla-Born

Epic Rewards:
  • Ayleid Relief, Blessed Life-Tree
  • Blessed Life-Tree Face Markings
  • Deadlands Daedrat
  • Own the Throne
  • Pale-Plume Fledgling Gryphon
  • Silyanorn Ayleid Bow
  • Silyanorn Ayleid Maul
  • Silyanorn Ayleid Shield
  • Silyanorn Ayleid Staff
  • Silyanorn Ayleid Sword
  • Spiderkith Eyes
  • Vale Fawn
  • Warrior-Poet Body Tattoos
  • Warrior-Poet Face Tattoos

Superior Rewards:
  • Bal Ur Cliff Strider
  • Barkeep
  • Cherry Blossom Anadem
  • Cloud Spring White Sheep
  • Courtly Crow Mask
  • Dagon's Thorns
  • Lilmoth Ancestor Lizard
  • Linchal Titian Fox
  • Maddening Mishap Body Markings
  • Maddening Mishap Face Markings
  • Miser's Muse
  • Phial of Clockwork Lubricant
  • Prankster Purple Face Paint
  • Raconteur Red Face Paint
  • Saliache Aetherial Tiara
  • Saliache Scholar Body Markings
  • Saliache Scholar Face Markings
  • Silvenari Felt Bycoket
  • Snow Bear Cub
  • Wickerfright Banekin
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on March 15, 2021 5:30PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I just noticed that there is no hairstyle at all with this crown crate season... the rewards like the weapons & mounts look nice though. Was pretty disappointed & a little shocked to see that short mussed wave didn't make it into the crates, hopefully it will be sold for crowns instead. I just hope we are able to get the hairstyle before the new companion who has in the Blackwood DLC comes out lol.
    Edited by JazzyNova on March 15, 2021 5:46PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best crate season ever <3
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the look of the Varla armor on the mounts!

Pity they're locked behind crate gambling, so no, I'm not going to pay for a chance at what I want.
  • EcclesiaFides
    EcclesiaFides
    ✭✭

Pity they're locked behind crate gambling, so no, I'm not going to pay for a chance at what I want.

Re-read the article - Radiant Apex mounts are purchasable with Crown Gems for the first time ever. Quote from the post:

"During this Crown Crate season, these three ultra-rare mounts (called Radiant Apex mounts) are also available for purchase with gems from the in-game Crown Store. This is the first time that you can acquire a Crown Crate’s rarest items via gems in addition to the Crown Crates themselves, and you can find them within the Radiant Apex subcategory of the Crown Crate section of the Crown Store."

So, you should be able to buy the one you want (with enough gems), guaranteed. Pretty great considering people have been begging for that exact thing for years.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the Varla Born Wolf!

Sheep pet looks good, my farmyard groweth...

Great move to make radiant apex mounts available for gems - bet they won't be cheap, but at least there is hope for folks who want one rather than keep throwing $ at RNG.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish that furnishings would never be limited to crates, but I think this will be the first season I actually buy as I like most of the items, or at least I like more of them more than I usually do. :lol:

I also wish there was a Nenalata Ayleid Elk as I am fond of indrik and elk mounts for my Altmer. o:)

Finally, I really wish that it were possible to trade in ANY crate item we didn’t want and not just duplicates — the return is still less than the cost, but it would feel better and why clutter our collectibles with items we may never wish to use?
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 15, 2021 8:32PM
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a nice crown crates season...

it's a great idea you can buy those apexes through diamonds... but you know what would be even better?

Find a solution for your Belgian players who were left behind due to your decision.
    Crown crates are not in a single way a lottery that influences your capabilities in the game. They're purely cosmetic.

So, what are you going to do about this? how do we have to get diamonds in a reasonable way to be able to get these mounts? Anything you are going to do about this? We were promised a solution, yet we are still waiting.
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying so hard not to expect Short Mussed Wave in this round of crates just based on the pattern of the last two seasons containing NPC-only hairstyles. Still really disappointed about that though. What do we need to do to get that style released? Does the art team know how much people on these forums are begging for that style (and other NPC only ones) to finally release?

Will say it's nice to see the weapon styles coming down from being 100 gems. Also nice to see Radiants buyable with gems. Can't say I'm interested in this set, but that would have been nice in others. Will we be seeing buyable Radiants coming with other crate seasons, including any that return from this point on?

• amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be seeing buyable Radiants coming with other crate seasons, including any that return from this point on?

I hope so. I strongly suspect this is a test run and it will come down to some sort of internal metrics re: the impact of this change on crown crate sales (and perhaps other factors).
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they could start selling crown gems directly for players in areas where the crates are banned...
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting/hoping the staff would look a bit more...grand? Its nice and sleek, but I wouldn't mind one that's more bling bling.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish furnishings were not locked behind crates. At least, they shouldn't be 100 Gems, especially for a furnishing like a door that someone would want multiple of. You only need to get a skin once, but can use multiple furnishings. It really makes Crates seem not worth it because of the low drop rates for furnishings.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Radiant Apex mounts) are also available for purchase with gems from the in-game Crown Store"

BRAVO, Gambling has gone, this is now a transaction, I hope this will be applied retroactively to older or returning Crown Crate seasons!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we be seeing buyable Radiants coming with other crate seasons, including any that return from this point on?

I really hope not. It would be super unfair to people who bought many crates to get the mount they wanted during all those old seasons :/ But after awful/unfair/disrespectful changes to vMA/vDSA weapons in Greymoor, I honestly would not be surprised :(

It's very curious decision to make Radiants buyable in upcoming season. They've already lost most of their "prestige" even though the season is not in store yet, but at least this will be fair. Cause this is fresh new season and everyone can simply buy those mounts :) If all new seasons will have buyable Radiants as well, it's not bad. Something like gem-exclusive mounts with a little chance to drop from RNG as well.

Anyway, there are few interesting items from lower-tier :) But I hoped for return of some other items in this selection.
    And I actually thought that Deadlands Guar will be the mount morph of Unstable Morpholit pet... :D
  • Rexicom
    Rexicom
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I wonder if they could start selling crown gems directly for players in areas where the crates are banned...

Where are the crates banned?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Re-read the article - Radiant Apex mounts are purchasable with Crown Gems for the first time ever. Quote from the post:

"During this Crown Crate season, these three ultra-rare mounts (called Radiant Apex mounts) are also available for purchase with gems from the in-game Crown Store. This is the first time that you can acquire a Crown Crate’s rarest items via gems in addition to the Crown Crates themselves, and you can find them within the Radiant Apex subcategory of the Crown Crate section of the Crown Store."

So, you should be able to buy the one you want (with enough gems), guaranteed. Pretty great considering people have been begging for that exact thing for years.

Try again...crown gems are also locked behind crate gambling. Specifically, gems are the consolation prize for not getting what I want, in the hopes that I'll gamble enough to either get the thing I want or the gems to buy it.

For Crown Crate lovers, making every crate reward available for gems is a great step!

But I hate Crown Crates, period. I refuse to gamble on a chance of getting what I want, which includes gambling for the consolation currency to eventually buy the thing I want.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 15, 2021 9:20PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I generally agree with you and would much rather everything in the Crown store was available for direct purchase. I’ve never felt it worth it to get Crown crates when there were too many unwanted items I could get stuck with. I feel like there are enough items that I like this season for it to be worth it for me to buy some. We’ll see. :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one wonders now can we get curly locks and a bonnett to go with the wooly baa lamb please?

Another character slot too so this one can hire the appropriate male orc for the occasion.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had to come here to double check :astonished: Direct-purchase Radiant Apex mounts??? :hushed:
    AM I DREAMING? Is ZOS actually progressing to be less scammy with their crates? That's a huge move! 👍

We noticed earlier that they apparently changed their Crown Store rotation this year; we've seen more Crate Seasons, Houses, and older items return these past months than what was the norm in previous years. And now they make RA mounts directly purchasable too? Wow! (Plus they also included the Resplendent Sweetroll in the Apex drop list which rarely appears but is always nice - it gives you 400 gems so you can spend it on whatever you want instead of getting a mount you wish you could decon, or get a mount type you hate).

I foresee some trouble with the pricing of the Radiant Apexes, and I'm sure the forums will blow a gasket when they see how much ZOS is trying to sell them for. Apex is 400gems, random Crown Gem exclusives are 600gems, Radiant Apex has to be way higher than that. So there will be quite a lot of rage directed at ZOS regarding the prices anyway I think, but it's a good move regardless.
    Olauron wrote: »
    Have to agree, this does seem like the best season ever! :smiley: Not just because I like the Ayleid furniture but because of how they're seemingly starting to do things better!
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, I’m disappointed that the spriggan polymorph won’t be included :(
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I had to come here to double check :astonished: Direct-purchase Radiant Apex mounts??? :hushed:
    AM I DREAMING? Is ZOS actually progressing to be less scammy with their crates? That's a huge move! 👍

We noticed earlier that they apparently changed their Crown Store rotation this year; we've seen more Crate Seasons, Houses, and older items return these past months than what was the norm in previous years. And now they make RA mounts directly purchasable too? Wow! (Plus they also included the Resplendent Sweetroll in the Apex drop list which rarely appears but is always nice - it gives you 400 gems so you can spend it on whatever you want instead of getting a mount you wish you could decon, or get a mount type you hate).

I foresee some trouble with the pricing of the Radiant Apexes, and I'm sure the forums will blow a gasket when they see how much ZOS is trying to sell them for. Apex is 400gems, random Crown Gem exclusives are 600gems, Radiant Apex has to be way higher than that. So there will be quite a lot of rage directed at ZOS regarding the prices anyway I think, but it's a good move regardless.
    Have to agree, this does seem like the best season ever! :smiley: Not just because I like the Ayleid furniture but because of how they're seemingly starting to do things better!

Sweet rolls are there in all the newer crates
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Microsoft for letting us buy radiants
    Edited by WiseSky on March 16, 2021 6:35AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

I really hope not. It would be super unfair to people who bought many crates to get the mount they wanted during all those old seasons :/ But after awful/unfair/disrespectful changes to vMA/vDSA weapons in Greymoor, I honestly would not be surprised :(

It's very curious decision to make Radiants buyable in upcoming season. They've already lost most of their "prestige" even though the season is not in store yet, but at least this will be fair. Cause this is fresh new season and everyone can simply buy those mounts :) If all new seasons will have buyable Radiants as well, it's not bad. Something like gem-exclusive mounts with a little chance to drop from RNG as well.

Anyway, there are few interesting items from lower-tier :) But I hoped for return of some other items in this selection.
    And I actually thought that Deadlands Guar will be the mount morph of Unstable Morpholit pet... :D

As someone who spent LITERALLY over £1000 UK cash money to try (and fail) to get the "plague husk horse" when they dropped I can't see it as "unfair" I only see it as finally gaining the reward.

P.s I did get it eventually when they returned and I bought more crates
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »

Sweet rolls are there in all the newer crates
    No, it hasn't been included in many seasons. (Or they haven't displayed them properly, because none of the crates in over a year had it as a possible drop).

Akaviri:
    Apex Rewards:
    Spoiler
    Akaviri Potentate Bear
    Akaviri Potentate Camel
    Akaviri Potentate Guar
    Akaviri Potentate Charger
    Akaviri Potentate Sabre Cat
    Akaviri Potentate Wolf

Sovngarde
    Apex Rewards:
    Spoiler
    Sovngarde Stoutheart Bear
    Resplendent Sovngarde Camel
    Valorous Sovngarde Guar Strider
    Valiant Sovngarde Charger
    Sovngarde Valorfang Sabre Cat
    Sovngarde Clawthane Wolf

Nightfall
    Apex Rewards:
    Spoiler
    Cursebound Bear
    Cursebound Horse
    Cursebound Kagouti
    Cursebound Sabre Cat
    Cursebound Wolf
    Accursed Death

Gloomspore
    Apex Rewards
    Spoiler
    Gloomspore Bear
    Gloomspore Camel
    Gloomspore Guar
    Gloomspore Horse
    Gloomspore Senche
    Gloomspore Wolf
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so excited to see the cherry blossom flower crown as a superior reward. The lamb too. Genuinely really happy about that.
    These ayleid style mounts also look beautiful. I might be biased because I love the ayleid aesthetic. In my opinion they're designed really well.
    I also really like that everything is now buyable with gems, even though I still dislike the crown crate system at its foundation.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You still have to have been gambling in the first place to stockpile enough gems to buy one of these outright. Guarantee they'll be more than 400 gems, too (or whatever the legendary mounts cost). Incoming complaint thread about the gem cost of these mounts.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love the look of these Ayleid items. I would have liked an Ayleid costume or headdress too. (Also, new or returning hairstyles?)

This is going to make me bite the bullet and create an Ayleid character. I've been playing around with it in character creation for years. I'll be down to one slot, so more slots please, ZOS!

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who spent LITERALLY over £1000 UK cash money to try (and fail) to get the "plague husk horse" when they dropped I can't see it as "unfair" I only see it as finally gaining the reward.

I would keep other possible explanations in mind before praising this change as "fair." Has anyone here heard of someone contacting support to exchange gems for radiant apex mounts? I'm sure that would have been a difficult thing to deal with all the time

There's still RNG to buying crates for gems. Does anyone who buys a lot of crates have a rough estimate of how many gems they get per crate on average?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would keep other possible explanations in mind before praising this change as "fair." Has anyone here heard of someone contacting support to exchange gems for radiant apex mounts? I'm sure that would have been a difficult thing to deal with all the time

There's still RNG to buying crates for gems. Does anyone who buys a lot of crates have a rough estimate of how many gems they get per crate on average?

There was a kerfuffle a little while back where people contacted Support to "gift" account-bound mounts, including Radiant Apex ones (read, trade gold to have it "gifted" to you). Support did it for a while, but it quickly devolved into a cottage industry and once someone made it public on the forums, Support said they weren't doing it anymore.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555970/selling-bound-mounts-now-allowed

Part of me suspects that aside from the deal with Microsoft, this incident sparked some discussion about the future of Radiant Apex mounts.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had well over 3600 Crown Gems (I stopped counting as my heart was breaking opening 15 stack after15 stack)

I asked Support to take ALL my gems for the Plague Husk Horse, they flat refused on several occasions, first in person and thrn in automated generic responses.

I estimate per 15 pack (Depending on how many. Items you already own from them) it can be 50 - 300 gems + or - because RNG, But at least you can throw Cash or Gold at the system to eventually buy it, I can't do that with the Lotto Jackpot