The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you desire to see entire Cyrodil and Imperial City remastered/overhauled to PVE zone specifically

• Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    What they can do is remove skyshards and nodes and merchants from those areas.

And keep it PVP for ever for all I care.
    That's it, that's all.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    No, if I could do all the PvE in PvP zones when I was an absolute noob to the game, anyone can do the PvE in PvP zones.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    Those zones should be revamped and made better but stay PvP enabled.

99% of game is pointlessly easy PvE where NPCs die in 1-2 hits and do no damage.

PvP is the only open world challenge.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    You have 99% of the game as pve. Dont take IC from us. This is OUR ZONE. You dont need it to be pve.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    It isn't necessary to change things. I'm a PVE player and I have cleared all the PVE objectives in Cyrodiil and Imperial City. There is absolutely no reason other people can't do the same.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Give me pvp trader with ALL items from pve zones and then you can have your pve cyrodiil

I hate pve, trials mostly, but i have to go there farm for sets i want. I dont know why you can't do little pvp too.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    It's kinda funny how so many players in this thread are like "time to change Cyrodiil.. it's an empty, pointless riding simulator'... & yet, every time I try to join my campaign, it's pop-locked on all 3 factions. If you took the PVP out of it... then it really would be an empty, pointless riding simulator! XD

TBH though.. if the PVE version of Cyrodiil had no PVP rewards, no Alliance Rank gains, no Alliance Points, no titles, no Telvar stones & no drain on current PVP server resources... then I have no issue with it, except that it sounds really boring. The issue I predict is.. if it was created like that.. eventually the players that do use it would start asking for all the things that they can't get from it.. such as AP, PVP rewards & titles, etc...

The only change I would really like is : Undo the nerf to Imperial City PVE content. The PVE content used to be soooo much harder than it is now. Also return Telvar losses on death to how they previously were. More risk, more reward!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I love the idea of a post-planemeld Cyrodil at peace, and to be able to roam the city and see it renew.

Only if there is some pvp zones.

Might be nice to get a totally NEW pvp zone or two, even.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Imperial City
    At some point Id like to see IC restored and as PvE only zone. Ofc, without tel vars that should remain in PvP IC version.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

This game had PvP from start. Many of us paid for it because it has both PvP and PvE content and the PvP is unique because it is not arena or battlegrounds...it is tactical large scale campaigns....or should be if it worked. It is not like fortnite or CoD in any respect. That's the reason we PvP here: especially in Cyrodil. Perhaps if you actually PvPed you'd know that from talking to PvPers or playing yourself.

Counter suggestion: spend the 66% of subs -as reflected in this poll- on fixing Cyrodil performance and remove all PvE only 'go fetch quests' and the associated PvP rewards you get from just PvEing from the whole of Cyrodil. That's 'fair'.

(Well it's less absurd than remaking a zone 7 years into the game into something else just to reflect the whims of a tiny proportion of the player base.)

Re poll:
    Many past forum polls have shown most players who reach CP cap and have done all of Cadwell and most vet content find PvP rewarding because you can really build and play how you want and it's much more challenging than just breaking mechanics to beat AI.

If they remove PvP a bunch of us longer term players would quit. You'd be surprised how that would break the stock market, crafting, decimate progression trials and vet dungeon groups and stuff up the gold sink housing system.

I'd add many bugs and unintentional problems with skill changes are discovered well before they finally get fixed for PvE because of PvP 'whiners'. PvPers do more testing of unintended changes than any other group because PvPers generally know their classes and skills better than most players of the game, except perhaps the really sweaty hard-mode trials players...both those groups are the stress testers of skill/gear combos and it may surprise people to know the two groups overlap a lot.

I am sick of continual posts about remodelling the game to reflect some weird idea of single player game mode based on a bunch of old single player games. Go play Oblivion/Skyrim or whatever if you just want single player PvE quests against AI. That's what they are for.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 1, 2021 6:27PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I'm not exactly against pvp, but in earnest opinion, there should be a special reusable consumable that reduces your alliance rank to "Civilian" and as a Civilian, you could still interact with cyrodiil and the imperial city in its entirety, you just won't be able to harm or be harmed by players, enter/exit keeps, become emperor, etc.

Namely, a "Form of Resignation/Retirement" consumable which can offer the full PvE experience in both cyrodiil and imperial city without affecting PvP in regards to PvP related activities. And if you wanted to return to PvP, all you have to do is talk to the warlord of your respective alliance area and there, your back in the Alliance war, albeit as a volunteer.
    A "Form of retirement" is for max rank pvp'ers which grants a placeholder achievement. Like a new game+ for returning PvP'ers.
    A "form of resignation" is for those who aren't at max alliance rank and you don't get an achievement for using one.

Anyone else think this will work?
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I'm not exactly against pvp, but in earnest opinion, there should be a special reusable consumable that reduces your alliance rank to "Civilian" and as a Civilian, you could still interact with cyrodiil and the imperial city in its entirety, you just won't be able to harm or be harmed by players, enter/exit keeps, become emperor, etc.

Namely, a "Form of Resignation/Retirement" consumable which can offer the full PvE experience in both cyrodiil and imperial city without affecting PvP in regards to PvP related activities. And if you wanted to return to PvP, all you have to do is talk to the warlord of your respective alliance area and there, your back in the Alliance war, albeit as a volunteer.
    A "Form of retirement" is for max rank pvp'ers which grants a placeholder achievement. Like a new game+ for returning PvP'ers.
    A "form of resignation" is for those who aren't at max alliance rank and you don't get an achievement for using one.

I might like it. But I don't think there's any possibility of it happening. In other words, don't hold your breath. The mass of rabid pvp folks want their easy fodder. They're not going to go for something which negates that.

Besides, there's not enough pve stuff in Cyro to make it worth while. Actually, the best pve quests are in IC....

I'm just using Cyro for fishing. (Yeah, that's a thinly veiled movie ref - "I'm just using him for sex.")
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way

Problem is you are taking up a que spot from someone that does want to pvp and help the campaign. You shouldn’t be eligible for any rewards without the risk just like I shouldn’t be able to get a free arena weapon with no risk.

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    Cripes, another one of these threads?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Cripes, another one of these threads?

Yup. *shakes head*
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I hate pvp but I voted not to make pvp zones now pve zones. People like what they like there’s no arguing about tastes
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I am NOT a pvp'er. But PvP should absolutely exist in this game and have dedicated maps to it. It's an mmo staple and a reason many people play. There's room for content for many different types of players

I wouldn't be opposed to a pve server that turned off many of the pvp rewards just for questing and skyshards, but not in favor of overhauling the existing pvp servers to pve ones. That's nuts.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 1, 2021 2:10AM
  • JB_den
    JB_den
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Rally of the die-hard pvpers to the thread as the ddo general forum spot light shines above in the night sky.

I like to do some cyrodiil war pvp here and there, but I'm voting yes to both as of this date because ZOS will never get the damn lag under control. They say they're working on performance issues, I'm just not sold. The alliance campaign war is barely playable with all the lag spikes, 200+ ping is very common sight to see. It all goes away when I leave the zone. Go figure.

Now if ZOS can get the lag in the alliance war down to what you'd see in a typical dungeon, then I'll change my vote to 'no way', but lets get real.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    PvErs have 99% of the game already.

Every new chapter has been 100% PvE with the only exceptions, ever, being BGs and IC.

Other than the Midyear and IC events every event is related to PvE.

PvE already gets 100% of the shiny new zones and content with each expansion.

Imagine a billionaire who owned every home on a street except one, but who's unable to tolerate not having everything to himself so he tries to purchase the last holdout so everything the sun touches belongs to him.

Well you can't have it. While ZOS has seen fit to ignore PvP content and quarantine us in this decrepit ghetto, it's our ghetto, and nobody will ever take it from us.

If you're looking for things to do just open your map, randomly pick a location, and go there. There's a 99% chance that the spot you land on will be a PvE zone with things for you to do.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I want EVERY PvE zone to have PVP

You're doing a Writ ? BAM, 24 man group rolls over you, GOODNIGHT

Doesn't work does it

This is actually awesome.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    While I am an avid PVE player, my answer has to be no. This is a MMO and to kill off the PVP aspects of it would likely kill off the whole game so my answer has to be no.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    I love sieging and fighting in Cyrodiil, please don’t tell me I can just do Battlegrounds instead. I’m playing there every single day, even during the event going on right now.

The 30 day main campaign Gray Host is not empty on PS4, some of the no cp campaigns might be. It just so happens that those campaigns are great for exploring if you’re a PvE player who doesn’t want combat. No need for a separate version.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MaxWacksem
    MaxWacksem
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    No.
    And that's from a PvE'er.
    When and if I feel I want or need to go there, I'll talk real nice to my uber PvP Guild members and they, with enough sugar, carry my sorry backside.
    What happened to just sucking stuff up?
    I think what some people are looking for is a single player MMO......
  • MaxWacksem
    MaxWacksem
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    Then I want EVERY PvE zone to have PVP

You're doing a Writ ? BAM, 24 man group rolls over you, GOODNIGHT

Doesn't work does it

I played that game it was called DarkFall, full loot open word PvP ONE safe zone.. The Starter city, ahh naked farmer & the naked gank gangs, don't miss those days.

But it is a fair retort to question asked.
    They say turnabout is fair play.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    I think Cyrodiil so be made smaller. There's large parts of the map that are rarely used that take up server space.

It'll make it easier to get into fights, lower server load and make it less of a mount simulator
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to both
    Not something I would consider a priority by any means but I would not say no to it. Just take away the PVP specific rewards eg AP and Tel var, for the PVE versions of the zones.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tensar wrote: »
    Yes.
    In all DLC it look like the war is at the end, or it ended. That would be nice to have some maps in Cyrodiil so we can see how is the life after here after the banner war.

Still with the possibility to go in the old cyrodiil to do PvP.

In all DLC it is mentioned that the war is still on.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    PvE zones are trivial and boring. Any suggestion about more overland is bad in my opinion other than adding a veteran overland with good incentives.

I dont want development time wasted on this project. But I would likw to see PvE zones turn in to PvP zones, 1 zone per week. They just need to disable quests and throw in some flags to make it a big PvP battleground.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    No, since there are plenty of other zones PVE'ers can go to. Sure it's annoying to be killed by another player if you have PVE business in Cyrodiil, but it shouldn't be changed just for that imo, or for any other reason such as the aesthetics of Cyrodiil or IC

(I can get behind the thought of a TES 4 kind of IC tho, since that would look pretty)
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Make a separate PvE version, but leave the pvp versions untouched.