Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you desire to see entire Cyrodil and Imperial City remastered/overhauled to PVE zone specifically

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Look, just stop with these absurd attempts to get a PvE Cyrodiil. Cyro and IC are meant to be PvP, just accept it and move on

Perhaps a forum truce can be declared, so that PvEers will stop asking for PvE in PvP zones and PvPers will stop asking for PvP in PvE zones? Calling for an end to one without committing to the other is unreasonable.
    Edited by Tandor on February 28, 2021 12:50PM
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Bro we only have cyrodil ic and bgs.... ic is already hybrid.... why do you always want to take away from pvp but never allow us to ask for an update???..... seriously some of us actually enjoy pvp believe it or not.... you have 90 precent of the game already to pve in let us have our small piece of pvp please.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    You want to take the only truly PvP areas away from PvPers?! Come on...
    Game is fine as it is.
    Edited by redlink1979 on February 28, 2021 1:26PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    I've been on endless, boring rides through ESO-Cyrodiil a few times and it has zero charm for me. I prefer to start TES IV when I want to see IC and Cyrodiil.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Cyrodiil is my favorite province, I love TES4 so much. There is so much potential for Cyrodiil and IC to be good exploration-rp zones. As of right now Cyrodiil is sad and empty. I also just can't get over the thought how IC could be the MAIN main hub city, with extra cool things like an ''official'' dueling arena.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    There should be an option: a PVE campain for both Cyrodiil and IC.

Important note - these zones should have no AP, no Hakejo, noTel Var and other PVP-specific rewards. Maybe no sets also.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    It is big and beautiful, and it's not as empty as you might think unless you absolutely have to be told what to do and where to go. But it's not much like ES: IV. They must have something in mind for Cyro in their next nostalgia chapter, but I doubt Oblivion fans are going to be thrilled.

I'm 100 percent on board with them never putting time-locked rewards for people who hate PVP in the Imperial City. But there should only be one version of it, whatever they do with it next.

Since you ask.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Akatosh (dragon / god of time) themed chapter, where we travel to different time-line, to stop evil villain (rogue Psijic Order agent), to prevent him/her of altering history. We go to Cyro & IC at the time where there is no War, before 3-banner war started.

So, it is a separate zone, but it is Cyro & IC

Personally, I think that Cyro & IC should stay as they are (PvP, with mixed PvE). It was a huge marketing aspect of ESO, back in 2014 - to offer large-scale open world PvP. Now, obviously, what could have gone wrong - did go wrong and Cyro & PvP in general is either unplayable, or (if it is playable) it is way too unbalanced with way to many exploits. Non of it is being addressed. ZOS is trying to fix all the performance problems and it is good that they are at least trying.

Side note: If you would ask me:
    PvP Cyro with current unplayable performance or PvE Cyro ?

^ (If I would have to chose one) - it would be PvE, unfortunately. That way it would at least be playable and fun experience. Current PvP is just plain bad. :|
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Nah, I like other guy's post better.

I would visit imperial city if losing didn't cost as much. Let me lost only 25 percent tal var
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I'm a pve only player, but much as I love Oblivion and still play it, I don't really need pve Cyrodiil and IC. I saw everything I needed to while fishing - sure some of the names are nostalgia-inducing, and yes, I used to think it would be nice if we had pve Cyro and IC, but really.... no need. They're fine the way they are.

I don't even mind fishing while dodging pvp. About ready to do four more....
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I'm a pve only player, but much as I love Oblivion and still play it, I don't really need pve Cyrodiil and IC. I saw everything I needed to while fishing - sure some of the names are nostalgia-inducing, and yes, I used to think it would be nice if we had pve Cyro and IC, but really.... no need. They're fine the way they are.

I don't even mind fishing while dodging pvp. About ready to do four more....

I see no logic in that statement. I love Skyrim as well but I find The Elder Scrolls Online ZoS presentation of Skyrim superior in multiple aspects than TES version.

Just BECAUSE we have 15 year old TESV Oblivion does not mean we do not need full complete version of Cyrodill in The Elder scrolls universe.

Also implying from some players with following:

"Play Oblivion if you want Cyrodiil is entirely vague and wrong approach" I could tell them too to abandon ESO and play Skyrim then too? Its quite confusing It appears to me from a player perspective that some of them don't know what they truly want.

Same could be said for Morrowind lands for instance. "We have TES3 Morrowind" Why adding the same,hm?

"No need" Is a point of view and a relative term.There was "no need" for Western Skyrim or Oblivion portals once more we will get them.

I find it strange why players are constantly comparing 2006 Oblivion to current Cyrodiil it makes no sense. I care not for 15 year old+ outdated game in every single aspect there is.

I do not understand some players, they are so happy to travel to Cyrodiil once again and will love Oblivion portals,Dagon highly associated with TESIV yet some do not want to see entire PVE version of primary location revamped or at least have separate version.

Could you elaborate furthermore?
    Edited by Vanya on February 28, 2021 2:22PM
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Yes for several reasons.

1) Cyrodiil is beyond broken and I think it's getting increasingly clear that ZOS isn't able to fix it. Either they don't really know what is wrong or the problems are so deep rooted that a total rebuild of the zone is needed. In which case they might as well just scrap the whole idea of a pvp zone imo.

2) The timeline needs to move forward. The fact that everything supposedly takes place in the same year is ridiculous, even more so when apparently we have that whole big war going on that even major NPCs that are supposedly directly involved in the war doesn't mention. Really it's clear they've (ZOS) mentally scrapped the whole premise of the Three Banner War, time to actually accept that and move on.

3) There are other ways of doing and keeping pvp in this game.
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    fred4 wrote: »
    I'm a PvPer. What do you expect me to say?

I expect you to provide an honest vote and yet you did. Thank you kindly. Also I expect there are people interested in both aspects thus would want to see changes as well. You may be Pvper but not a true pure Pvper. I used to play once MMO being almost equally intrigued in both parts.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Vanya wrote: »
    I do not want players to misunderstand I should have added to keep current Cyrodil PVP to be accessible way tis and add standard PVE ONLY version to clear off.

No. What you need to understand is the game used to incentivize PvP significantly more. It was designed in away that as players progressed they were encouraged to try pvping. However a lot has changed and we have lost a lot of that incentive. This has really hurt the PvP community as we have significantly less players joining it.

Recently the devs have attempted to incentivize PvP by reducing the skill gap. Creating a PvE instance would only serve to further decentivize PvP and would undermine the work the devs have done to reincentivize the community as it would remove a lot of the reasons PvErs come to the zone to try it out.

Currently for the most part the PvE community is doing really well. However the PvP community is not. It has been neglected for years and continues to suffer. It is no secret that a lot of PvP guilds died during the fall testing phase. A change like this would only hurt them more.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way

Just BECAUSE we have 15 year old TESV Oblivion does not mean we do not need full complete version of Cyrodill in The Elder scrolls universe.

Also implying from some players with following:

"Play Oblivion if you want Cyrodiil is entirely vague and wrong approach" I could tell them too to abandon ESO and play Skyrim then too? Its quite confusing It appears to me from a player perspective that some of them don't know what they truly want.

Same could be said for Morrowind lands for instance. "We have TES3 Morrowind" Why adding the same,hm?

But there is one big difference: IC and Cyrodiil were (more or less) present in ESO from the start. The comparison "why to add Vvardenfell if you can play Morrowind" or "why to add Western Skyrim if you can play Skyrim" does not matches with "why to add Cyrodiil if you can play Oblivion", because the latter was already there. Thus, why should there be two Cyrodiil, one for PvP and PvE.

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the AP and Tel Var gains, and yea. Who cares?
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    Need a pve queue and pvp version queue
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Let's put it like that, if we're talking current Cyrodiil and want to convert it to another boring pve zone - no, it's idiocy at its prime. It certainly have specific charm right now compared to pve zones but I would never say no to the completely NEW IC and Cyrodiil as a continuation of the three banners war, leaving current Cyro/IC as a pocket realm or a "memory" like thingy you can access as normal. They already have all the lore tools available for any justifications, as always.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both should stay as they are as a pvp setting, but...

I would like to see at least a PvE copy (not replacement) of IC to be made. Maybe the pve version does not drop telvar?

The reason I am suggesting this is because it feels like when we organize our guild ic boss runs, even 2-3 half decent opposing pvp players can ruin it for us.

I doubt it will ever happen, just something I would like to see.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    -Cyrodiil is absurdly gigantic. 10 times possibly than Craglorn if not more and it feels very empty most of the time.
    Why would it be less empty if you removed the majority of content (PvP battles)?
    -Cyrodiil is an iconic zone,center of Tamriel, largest as well. Molag's invasion has failed. Tis time to create separate post-Planemeld Cyrodiil with standard approach as other zones and in particular Imperial city Imagine Elder Scrolls online version with all interactable npc's,quests to undertake ,arena,etc
    A wartorn country isn't going to be re-established and stabilized overnight. It's realistically going to take decades if not centuries for imperials to rebuild their ruined province.
    It would be very unimmersive if ZoS went 'Ok, war's over, there are now suddenly a billion NPCs living happily in the province that was a smoking crater just moments ago, having completely unrelated problems'

Also, just because Molag was defeated the main problem isn't solved: there's no dragonborn Emperor, no one with a legitimate claim on the Ruby Throne. And there won't be one for another 300 years.
    - Its ridiculous to see war torn region
    Why?
    -let us admit it was not a success , it has lot of issues and things have changed since 2014
    That's an opinion, not a fact.
    The issues don't stem from the fact that it's Cyrodiil, but from the fact that ZoS is having trouble balancing the game by default.

I for one love the design of the province and I'm not even a hardcore PvPer. The active warfare gives its a unique storytelling structure and feel that you can't find anywhere else. Even if it wasn't a PvP zone the war would still have to be kept imo as it's really presents a unique narrative.

Some of you want ESO to be a singleplayer game so hard that you completely disregard just how much the multiplayer aspect enlivens the game. All those other players running around create a much more authentic and lively atmosphere than 10 NPCs mindlessly repeating their preprogrammed routine and lines.

RedMuse wrote: »
    2) The timeline needs to move forward. The fact that everything supposedly takes place in the same year is ridiculous, even more so when apparently we have that whole big war going on that even major NPCs that are supposedly directly involved in the war doesn't mention. Really it's clear they've (ZOS) mentally scrapped the whole premise of the Three Banner War, time to actually accept that and move on.

It was definitely referenced in Elsweyr. The kick-off point of the story was Abnur searching for a weapon that could end the war, you can't mention it any harder than that.
    There's also a Bosmer war recruiter in Rimmen that you can exchange some heated words with if you are not in the AD faction.

It wasn't on the frontline in Greymoor since Western Skyrim is an isolated nation, not part of either factions. But Prince Irnskar still references it briefly.

But even if new regions didn't mention the war it's still deeply woven into the original main game zones. You can't just remove Cyrodiil because then you have to rework like 21 zones as well that feature AD/EP/DC soldiers as enemies or just flat out talk about the war. Frankly that's an unreasonable thing to expect for essentially free. might as well just make ESO 2 at that point.
    Edited by phantasmalD on February 28, 2021 3:49PM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    A lot of PvPers start as PvErs who try Cyrodiil because they want the achievements or event tickets or skyshards, etc.

They get involved in PvP while they are there and go back for more.

Take the PvE out of PvP and then these players never experience PvP and find that actually it's not too bad after all.

There are parts of PvE I don't like but I'm not on here with post after post after post trying to get them changed. They are what they are and are part of the game.

JUST LEAVE CYRO AND IC ALONE

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others should be robbed of the chance of experiencing them. And by making it PvE (and I don't care about the rest.of what was written, the aim is PvE versions) they will never venture into PvP because, well why should they?
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I’m back from an 18 month hiatus and this is still an argument? Sigh.

I was an end game pve tank (I’ll let others debate my effectiveness) when I last played and only went into Cyrodiil for warhorn and guard. PvP scared the willies out of me and I knew I sucked at it so had no interest.

The thing I find interesting now that I’ve come back, I have no interest in pve at all and I’ve been in Cyrodiil pretty much every minute of gameplay. It’s WAY more fun.

tl:dr - leave them alone. The two zones are fine as is.
    Edited by GreatGildersleeve on February 28, 2021 6:06PM
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I voted yes to both. I say keep the campaigns for both Cyrodiil and Imperial City but have a PVE option that revolves around a rebuild and reunification questline in a post war Cyrodiil. Help rebuild the iconic towns from Oblivion and rebuild Imperial City to have shops and people and bring in the Mages Guild and learn spell crafting. Also complete Bravil for this PVE option.

Have the PVP option be a part of a reliving of the past theme and that's how you access all the campaigns and do Imperial City content.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    Certainly not Cyrodiil, maybe IC, but overall I am mostly against using resources for the changes. That said, I have no say in decisions, I only have opinions.

To explain why I say "maybe IC" because there is an actual story there that PVE players might enjoy... However, if this means losing IC as a PVP zone then absolutely not.
    Edited by Dojohoda on February 28, 2021 6:30PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    RedMuse wrote: »

It was definitely referenced in Elsweyr. The kick-off point of the story was Abnur searching for a weapon that could end the war, you can't mention it any harder than that.

I will now spend my whole day with this problem in the back of my mind. How could I mention it harder hmmmm 🤔
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to both
    Think a lot of people didn’t fully read what you put OP.

Yes I would like a chapter going on in central cryo and IC. And still keep the PVP versions as they are.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I'd love it if they added it but without taking away the great Cyro PvP experience! Like in a parallel instance or something.

What mostly caught my eye about your proposition is the chance to explore IC without all the Planemeld crisis atmospehere, I'd love to see the city the way it is on peaceful days.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    While this is certainly something I'd like to see, I also recognize it is something beyond the intention of the game design.

Elder Scrolls Online exists in a very weird space in terms of lore continuity. Officially, we've been told all of these things released so far somehow happen within the same year, which makes not a lick of sense. If the game allowed itself to progress on the timeline, the war could (and should) draw to a close.

To represent the passage of time, other things within the game would change as well over time. Dark anchors would stop dropping. Dragons would decrease in frequency in Elsweyr and eventually disappear entirely. Harrowstorms would cease forever once the final remnants of the groups responsible are purged. All of these things and more would be phased out rather than perpetual, ongoing threats; the game world would change dynamically to represent a natural passage of time. Akatosh would be pleased.

This sort of dynamic, living, breathing, evolving world is not what we have, though. It's not the intended design of the game. I understand why it isn't. Having an evolving game world would mean locking players out of content that in many cases the customer spent actual money to be able to play and access. It would mean retirement of things players enjoy doing and replacing them with things that are new and different over time. I don't see ESO ever becoming that game.

As such Cyrodiil and Imperial City as they are now are here to stay. Time continuity paradoxes bedarned. At most we might see separate campaign instances where PvP is disabled, but if the team was going to do that, they'd have done it already.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see it as a full PVE zone, no. This game is already about 95% PVE. The PVP'ers have little, and I don't want to see that taken away, even if I'm not a major PVP'er.

I'd like a more efficient way to add to Cyrodiil and PVP without destroying PVE balance in the process.