Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you desire to see entire Cyrodil and Imperial City remastered/overhauled to PVE zone specifically

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I'm not exactly against pvp, but in earnest opinion, there should be a special reusable consumable that reduces your alliance rank to "Civilian" and as a Civilian, you could still interact with cyrodiil and the imperial city in its entirety, you just won't be able to harm or be harmed by players, enter/exit keeps, become emperor, etc.

Namely, a "Form of Resignation/Retirement" consumable which can offer the full PvE experience in both cyrodiil and imperial city without affecting PvP in regards to PvP related activities. And if you wanted to return to PvP, all you have to do is talk to the warlord of your respective alliance area and there, your back in the Alliance war, albeit as a volunteer.
    A "Form of retirement" is for max rank pvp'ers which grants a placeholder achievement. Like a new game+ for returning PvP'ers.
    A "form of resignation" is for those who aren't at max alliance rank and you don't get an achievement for using one.

Anyone else think this will work?

I might like it. But I don't think there's any possibility of it happening. In other words, don't hold your breath. The mass of rabid pvp folks want their easy fodder. They're not going to go for something which negates that.

Besides, there's not enough pve stuff in Cyro to make it worth while. Actually, the best pve quests are in IC....

I'm just using Cyro for fishing. (Yeah, that's a thinly veiled movie ref - "I'm just using him for sex.")

No they have already had to reduce the faction PvP population to try to improve performance, the last thing we need is PvE players clogging up the population taking PvP player space.

Go add a separate PvE only campaign so it doesn't clog up the PvP servers, that is if you can get ZOS to spend more money on server space. Good luck with that.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    This appears to be a suggestion to turn this single part of ESO into a different parallel world set at the same time as the rest of the game where there is no Alliance War, to meet their particular needs of no PvP. Or is it to make a post alliance war Cyrodil/IC on the current map with the same NPCs and quests but set in a different time frame? No wonder the replies are confused.... the proposal is confusing.

Stated as simply as possible, here is the NO case from my point of view.

1 Zos has no resources to update our only open PvP area and make it work like it used to until 2017/18 (mostly) with huge fights that lasted hours, but they should spend money duplicating the landmass and NPC's so a handful of players can do the few quests available there and collect skyshards, unmolested except by NPCs? That seems to be part of what is behind the OP's suggestion. ie get the PvP area rewards without the dangers. Sorry, games don't work like that. There is an inbuilt risk reward structure. PvP in Cyrodil is integral to that system. Since day 1.

2 As many have pointed out, the reason for skyshards and achievements in IC and Cyrodil is to give people a chance to see how it all works in two styles of PvP and give them a reward for trying them out. In every guild I have ever joined there has been a cohort of vocally vehemently anti PVP players. One day they 'need' the skyshards, they go out with a guild group, they often actually have fun and a chunk of them get hooked. As intended. Just as happens in dungeons or trials. Some don't like it. But clearly the intention is to get people to at least see for themselves instead of just reading about the horrid elite scum who infest Cyrodil, or vet Sunspire. (joke)

3 Cyrodil is NOT empty. Danger lurks everywhere...ask any nightblade! PvEers moan every MYM about getting ganked while 'alone on the empty landscape'. Some Fishers and skyshard hunters who don't want to fight other players complain endlessly that it's it's too hard to do their stuff to get their achievements there. Now, suddenly, in this thread, Cyrodil is "empty" horse simulator land. You can't can't have it both ways! Either it's empty and you can PvE /quest/fish to your heart's content, or it's dangerous and there needs to be a separate PvE version. But empty and dangerous? NONSENSE.

4 There is no stand alone story line in Cyrodil as such...the Cyrodil story is integrated into the history and fabric of the lore IN THIS GAME AND TIME ....the fight for Emperor, the factions doing deals and breaking them, the endless battles are all referred to in this game's quests and stories. With the possible exception of the main story line in IC, the quests in IC and Cyro are only interesting because of the danger posed by PvP. The rest are repetitive dailies that are mostly go fetch quests. So what are PvE only players going to do once they've seen Bruma and Vlastarus or Sewers without a war? Pick flowers? Repair the burnt cottage in the wastes north of High Rock? Fight the same flame atros and mini bosses everyday in the City with no actual reason for them to be there because no war/no daedric incursion?

5 It makes no sense to me given the era the game is set in (and the actual real life history of the PvP component therein) to waste resources on alternate world versions of existing content when there is so much else that could be improved in the rest of the game and when the story we are following is clearly leading in another direction.

6 To be honest I don't give a flying proverbial about the other ESO games...if I wanted a different era and a solo PvE game I'd buy and play them. I am paying for and playing this one. One reason I chose it is that Alliance v Alliance battles in Cyrodil are part of THIS game. So, if you are nostalgic for w/e version of Elder Scrolls you played in your adolescence, or last year, just dig it out and play it again. Better still, ask Bethesda/ZoS/Microsoft to make you a new game set post alliance war with a prosperous farming Cyrodil, an uncontested Emperor on the Throne and no Molag Bal or Daedra in the Imperial City. ie a completely different world from this one. Or just ask for Oblivion part 2.

7 I'd be really happy with a new open world PvP map but it's not going to happen. A smaller map will concentrate fights so more lag. A new map will set the non PvPers screaming about wasting their money on a part of the game they don't like, and given the degradation of performance in the new trials it would be a hot mess like the current one is, performance wise. I just wish they'd fix the map and make all Cyrodil and IC actually work when it's peak time/ there are more than ten players on ... like they seem to be able to do when inclined to provide more server resources to those maps.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on March 3, 2021 2:53AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Yes. But keep a PvP version for PvPers.
    My reasoning is -
    Yes, I want to do Cyrodiil and IC. Just not as PvP.
    However... while PvPers can run around PvE areas without getting hassled by PvPers... PvEers can't run around PvP areas without getting hassled by PvPers. That locks them out of a large area of the game. Hardly seems fair.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Vanya wrote: »
    Serious thread.
    I will try to make it simplest as possible. Personals reasons and reflection:
    -Cyrodiil is absurdly gigantic. 10 times possibly than Craglorn if not more and it feels very empty most of the time.
    -Cyrodiil is an iconic zone,center of Tamriel, largest as well. Molag's invasion has failed. Tis time to create separate post-Planemeld Cyrodiil with standard approach as other zones and in particular Imperial city Imagine Elder Scrolls online version with all interactable npc's,quests to undertake ,arena,etc
    - A mess that must be fixed, the massive unused potential it has to offer, Its ridiculous to see war torn region,Blackwood chapter will add some of Southern parts, God coast is already here, add Colovia too.
    -Minimally add Imperial City as PVE only friendly area to quest in peace without intervention of PVP'ers
    -Cyrodiil deserves overhaul and should be connected to bordering lands, let us admit it was not a success , it has lot of issues and things have changed since 2014
    - Eventual remastered Cyrodiil must be significantly less in size and more dense. I would say its not a waste of time or resources, There is not much room left to Tamriel to fill indeed.

Where do you stand? Don't want to see entire Cyrodiil and Imperial City using full Elder scrolls online potential to make it as typical PVE zone or leave it aside?
    Honest opinions
    P.S. I do not want players to misunderstand I should have added to keep current Cyrodil PVP to be accessible way tis and add standard PVE ONLY version to clear off.

What I would like is for an overhaul of both so they'll be a decent pvp experience for people who still care about pvp in this game. Pve players have enough toys, it's time to give pvp some love.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Serious thread.
    I will try to make it simplest as possible. Personals reasons and reflection:
    -Cyrodiil is absurdly gigantic. 10 times possibly than Craglorn if not more and it feels very empty most of the time.
    -Cyrodiil is an iconic zone,center of Tamriel, largest as well. Molag's invasion has failed. Tis time to create separate post-Planemeld Cyrodiil with standard approach as other zones and in particular Imperial city Imagine Elder Scrolls online version with all interactable npc's,quests to undertake ,arena,etc
    - A mess that must be fixed, the massive unused potential it has to offer, Its ridiculous to see war torn region,Blackwood chapter will add some of Southern parts, God coast is already here, add Colovia too.
    -Minimally add Imperial City as PVE only friendly area to quest in peace without intervention of PVP'ers
    -Cyrodiil deserves overhaul and should be connected to bordering lands, let us admit it was not a success , it has lot of issues and things have changed since 2014
    - Eventual remastered Cyrodiil must be significantly less in size and more dense. I would say its not a waste of time or resources, There is not much room left to Tamriel to fill indeed.

Where do you stand? Don't want to see entire Cyrodiil and Imperial City using full Elder scrolls online potential to make it as typical PVE zone or leave it aside?
    Honest opinions
    P.S. I do not want players to misunderstand I should have added to keep current Cyrodil PVP to be accessible way tis and add standard PVE ONLY version to clear off.

I want the rest of the map remastered into a pvp area.
  • sunandstars77
    sunandstars77
    Soul Shriven
    No way
    No.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    L2PVP
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I am just gonna state this again..... pvp has gotten no updates for years now.... not even a simple bg map or game mode..... yet the small chunk we have is too much apparently for the pve players base to handle thus they want zos to make it theirs too.... and then according to the pve players we are toxic because we say no.... but when we ask for updates to pvp what do we get as a response?..... we get told no because we don't pay the money for updates so we don't deserve them.... Well then what makes your sub worth so much more than mine? what makes the stuff you buy from the crownstore worth so much more than what we buy? If you can answer me this then we can have a talk but at this point it's just the same old wine of a pve player wanting to take away from pvp.
    Edited by SshadowSscale on March 2, 2021 3:47PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    I've spent a lot of time exploring Cyrodiil and IC, so please don't tell me that I misunderstand the zones.

Cyrodiil is huge and, yes, empty and kind of boring on its own. No where else in the game can you travel so long without running into some kind of non-player enemy.

The zone was designed as a PvP zone and they'd have to overhaul it completely to make it any fun for PvE. There are ruins scattered about that are cool to look at, but there's nothing there besides some enemies most of the time. Most delves are fairly straightforward and linear and have no quests associated with them save a few of the town quests that require you to kill a boss or retrieve something. The keeps and other capturable structures are generally all the same. They're not there to look super pretty; they're there for fights.

Aside from Oblivion nostalgia (totally understandable) I'm not sure what people would really want to do there besides have easier access to fishing and skyshards and the like. I think that we'd immediately see an influx of complaints about PvE Cyrodiil being hopelessly boring because, well... it would be. Besides, outside of peak hours, Cyrodiil mas as well be a PvE zone in most campaigns. I've spent entire nights there and never seen another player and many times if I do see one, they're questing too.

A PvE IC would be pointless and boring as well. Tel var and key frags should be kept only as rewards for PvP IMO, so again- what exactly do people want to do there? The draw of the place comes from the thrill associated with the risks from both other players and NPCs. The atmosphere of the place would be destroyed- I can understand the frustration some have with other players, but there's also the sense of danger that comes with the tougher bosses, especially those banner guys in the sewers that aren't leashed and will chase you across an entire section. You lose TV to NPCs as well. With no risk those all become regular ol world bosses.

I guess I wouldn't care if ZOS cloned the zones and just shut PvP off somehow, but.... why bother?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    As someone who only PvE's, and would love to explore those zones... I'm tired of seeing these threads and the endless back-and-forth arguments about it. Even more than the "we need an Auction House" threads.

It's never going to happen. Stop triggering useless, endless argument threads.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    As someone who only PvE's, and would love to explore those zones...

You can. I've gone there to dig up treasure maps and explored around a little. Just stay off the main roads and you probably won't run into anyone else.
    PCNA
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way

You can. I've gone there to dig up treasure maps and explored around a little. Just stay off the main roads and you probably won't run into anyone else.

And if you die in this game, literally nothing happens.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    I'd be willing to change my vote, if they make the rest of Tamriel pvp enabled.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy all the content in the game though pvp is my favourite so I’d prefer cyrodiil and imperial city remain as it is or improved for pvp.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on March 2, 2021 7:15PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I want a PVP and a PVE version of Cyrodiil. A more fleshed out, zoned version of cryodiil maybe cut into 3-4 zones rather than 1 large one, with full PVE content.

... I also want a free-for-all pvp server, where towns and wayshrines are save zones, and maybe has a theme. It could be like the daedric princes have caused the world to go into chaos and pulled you into this mirror world of war and death or something, adding more quests and things throughout all the zones (probably starting with all the base game zones and working up to all the DLC ones) that match the theme. If you're not in a party, everyone is hostile, though they could WoW it and make it so only other factions are hostile, that game has a more clear divide than this game so a free for all unless you're in a party would probably fit better imo.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to both
    Make a separate PvE version, but leave the pvp versions untouched.

^
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way

Nah, it's a pvp zone. I'd have to show up in ZOS's statistics as someone "participating in PvP" (and/or doing the tutorial quests or whatever else you need to do to get in there) if I did. It's a PvP zone. I don't PvP. So I won't step in there. /shrug
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way

Nah, it's a pvp zone. I'd have to show up in ZOS's statistics as someone "participating in PvP" (and/or doing the tutorial quests or whatever else you need to do to get in there) if I did. It's a PvP zone. I don't PvP. So I won't step in there. /shrug

You literally just go there. You don't have to do any tutorial quests or anything. I mean you can, because it's easy free skill points, but... anyway. And you don't want to "show up in ZoS' statistics"? You know they can tell what you're doing there and if you actually doing PvP? Believe it or not, they know people go there for reasons other than PvP.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way

I have done all the quest in Cyrodil as in achievement for it and done all non repeating quests I found, during that time I was killed once and it was my own fault as I assumed I ran up to an fellow Khajiit not seeing he was blue :)

Yes got killed some other times doing PvE in Cyrodil once in a delve and couple of times in towns doing PvE but remember the towns are PvP objectives, they are easy to solo and you can re-spawn in them.

Most players running into obvious PvE while doing PvE do not engage.
    Some do but you run PvE then you own the map.
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Relaxing and fishing, should Argonians get an bonus to getting rare fish as they are somewhat aquatic?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Imperial City
    Ideally PvP would get a rework from the ground up. End the war (its a pretty lame reason to have the war zone there, where the seat of power is under a daedric prince's control). Not to mention as "Emperor" you aren't in charge of anything. At best you are a warlord drawn from the irregular forces that are running rampant thru the zone.

Some crazy relic causes an Akatoshi shield to form over Imp City. No more entry. Psijic order wants to find out why/how it happened, you get drafted as they can't be bothered to step into the city themselves when a rando adventurer can. So they make one of their crazy time portals and you see the quest chain.

Place the new PvP zone in Boethia's realm. It narratively fits (fighting for supremacy and having every chance to get toppled)
    Make the realm smaller to concentrate the fights. Keep the capture points from Cyro, just thematically appropriate for the new zone.

As for the wider overland, there is no need for hostilities to stop. Has no one ever heard of international politics? There are fights, clandestine operations and whatnot happening in this day and age. Just because declared war is off doesn't mean peace. The Planemeld was also stopped, yet dark anchors and random spawning daedra happen in the base game, so internal logic is not a good selling point against ending the 3 banner war.

That aside, if; IF PvP was the main player draw. If the majority of player time by volume was in Cyro then it would have never reached the state it is in. If Cyro was THE cash cow, ZoS would have lavished alot of time and money on it. As it stands now, it looks more like a massive blackeye that can no longer be ignored.
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    No way

THis is what your post comes down to. Let's be honest. A chuck of the player base wants PvP stuff but doesn't want to PvP.

Let's make a deal. Give me all the PvE stuff I want without having to PvE, and I'll agree to your wishes.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Id prefer a pvp toggle system for the entire game that gives me the option to engage in pvp anywhere. I don't really care about rewards anymore.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil only
    Im a pvper but at this point all of the tests have failed. The mega zone idea was great in theory but it is horrible in practice. I really do feel like ZOS is trying but, maybe its just kind of........dumb to fix what cant be fixed.

I would like to see cyro split into smaller maps with mainly pvp objectives. Lets redesign some of the keeps and pvp objectives towards a global control model.

GC is a model in which factions gain influence through controlling territory. It then holds more influence. This may lead to slightest zone buffs (5% exp or gold boost).

Add pve along with pve/pvp zones to cyro that contribute towards towards global control. Maybe a city gets upgraded with resources and faces growing strengths of wave attacks. This adds recipes and a resource sink increasing value of raw goods and traits.

Yet, expand small pvp zones across all tameriel. These zones have small objectives (maybe three keeps) that can be upgraded and the time its held infuences a point system and timer. Meaning if you loose the keeps it may take awhile before the zone flips another faction.

Keeps would have different feel. A keep in murkmire would have an argonian feel or the Reach. Keep can be upgraded to hold the time influence longer. A small mine orumber mill may increase nodes in that zone. Along with the zone, which all have unique feel instead just cyro

Yes, there could be pve and pvp/pve zones as well. Wave defense, escort mission (clean minds yall) ect. Pvp would be center point but pve and player cities or camps would be a part as well

Overall, I feel the overall objective needs to change. We've been running in a circle for YEARS trying to flip emp on a broken mega map
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    How about make a server for PVP players to enjoy AvAvA at all times, and let us have a PVE server. I think it’s crap that PVE players have to engage in PVP to get skills widely considered vital for PVE builds. A lot of us simply do not enjoy putting ourselves in the hands of griefers to have characters properly built for PVE. And, yes, that’s what the PVPers are, who wait to ambush people. Their entire enjoyment and entertainment is based on causing others to suffer anxiety, stress, etc.

Personally, I suffer from severe anxiety, and every time I need to go into PVP-land, I deal with near panic-attack levels. But, I love the PVE side of the game, and have tons of fun with my friends doing dungeons and all. We need a version of Cyrodiil that doesn’t place PVE players into those circumstances.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    The main problem is if you take all pvp rewards out of a pve version how long will it take before the pve side starts crying that the pvp rewards should be available in the pve version...... and don't tell me it won't happen because I can guarantee you there will come a point then where pve players will start crying for it..... we already have some stating they want a pve version with pvp rewards because it's pointless without...... that alone shows that it will happen..... hell if anyone remember the outcry from pve players the first time zos added 2 motifs to bgs?...... They where begging zos to remove it from bgs and make it drop from a pve source..... best part of it all is that the 2 styles was basically a copy of 2 pve motifs...... yeah styles you can get from pve had a copy placed into bgs and the pve players cried about it...... what is stopping you from crying about pvp rewards after you get your pve version? And yes zos will still lock event rewards and tickets behind pvp version because that is part of their marketing scheme to get everyone to play all types of content..... if you cannot see it happening then I don't know what else to tell you
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil only
    Let’s be honest, from a PvP perspective Cyro is pretty trash. It’s a horse riding simulator 50% of the time, 25% is just sitting on resources and keeps, 15% farming random players who don’t know how to PvP, 8% just getting zerged down, and maybe 2% getting actual good fights. Then when you finally find a good fight, it’s always super laggy.

ZOS is pretty much trying to put bandaids on a corpse at this point with these Cyro tests. It’s pretty clear Cyro performance isn’t going to get any better and it would just be better to take the loss and accept Cyro for the mess it is.

I’d rather ZOS drop the Cyro focus and start putting more resources into instanced PvP, which is actually fun and mostly lag-free, with guaranteed fights against evenly matched teams. 2v2 ranked arenas, 6v6 BGs, etc, would be way better options to add than trying to fix something that’s already a mediocre experience at best.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Its pvp and it should stay like that... You have pve elements in it...
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    No, I like Cyrodiil as it is now, there's no need for another pve version.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way

What does that even mean?

ZOS is more than aware that people are going into PvP zones for more than just the PvP. There has always been PvE there in an attempt to tempt PvEers to try PvP. That doesnt mean they think because you went in there that you are now PvPing.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Let’s be honest, from a PvP perspective Cyro is pretty trash. It’s a horse riding simulator 50% of the time, 25% is just sitting on resources and keeps, 15% farming random players who don’t know how to PvP, 8% just getting zerged down, and maybe 2% getting actual good fights. Then when you finally find a good fight, it’s always super laggy.

ZOS is pretty much trying to put bandaids on a corpse at this point with these Cyro tests. It’s pretty clear Cyro performance isn’t going to get any better and it would just be better to take the loss and accept Cyro for the mess it is.

I’d rather ZOS drop the Cyro focus and start putting more resources into instanced PvP, which is actually fun and mostly lag-free, with guaranteed fights against evenly matched teams. 2v2 ranked arenas, 6v6 BGs, etc, would be way better options to add than trying to fix something that’s already a mediocre experience at best.

Impeccable accuracy, Thank you for stating the truth , I must admit the horse simulator nearly made chuckle. Which is ironically true. I cannot fathom why would anyone enjoy ridding endlessly in bland mostly empty zone. Tis a mess. Happy to read someone else has a very similar overview. You put it well with % facts and then one ends with performance issues.