The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you desire to see entire Cyrodil and Imperial City remastered/overhauled to PVE zone specifically

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I wouldn't be opposed to leaving the PVP zones as is and entered as is (joining through the Campaign menu)

And then adding a PVE instance of them that can only be entered by Wayshrine!.

You want PVP... select a Campaign.

Want some PVE... wayshrine in!

There's room in Tamriel for both! :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    When the game launched in 2014, ZOS was proud to announce that any player characters could effectively level in a PVP environment without leaving the zone. This was their once vision of support for the PVP community to have an area of the map where players can PVP, do side missions, delves, dolmens and slay misc. overland enemies to gain experience.

This leveling accessibility comes when you chose to gameplay exclusively in Cyrodiil. You had the essentials to level a character. It was never meant to be a PVE zone, it was an arena where risk and rewards were decided by you. Consider Cyrodiil zone similar to the PVP servers of World of War craft except with the advantage to re-enter fluidly into non-PVP servers anytime.
    Edited by Sahidom on March 1, 2021 7:13AM
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Your post made me think about the times where GMs were opening Britain to PKs (player killers) in Ultima Online. Amazing fun!
    Good thought, need great execution as Cyro should stay as a "mostly PvP" zone.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    Just admit it. You want PvP removed. (LOL, performance issues aside, PvP in this game can be pretty darned good)

So let's say Cyrodiil were made PvE. (It won't)

What does the PvP community get to fill the void? Are they just told to raid or uninstall? (And honestly, I've raided with dedicated PvP'ers. Those guys are good.)

Do they get a new zone? If so, how long until people demand that zone gets made into PvE so they can take pretty screenshots?

Cyrodiil is deliberately basic. The quests there? They are literally nothing but fetch quests. There is no story. That is not quite so true of the Imperial City but all the areas and rooms where you talk to an NPC for story stuff? Guess what, PvP is turned off in those small areas. All around IC you will find safehouses. These are where the quest moments take place.

Make no mistake. The zones were built primarily with PvP in mind. PvE there is secondary, to the point of irrelevance.

Besides, it's actually not that hard to quest in either zone anyway! I do it all the bloody time!
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Just admit it. You want PvP removed. (LOL, performance issues aside, PvP in this game can be pretty darned good)

So let's say Cyrodiil were made PvE. (It won't)

What does the PvP community get to fill the void? Are they just told to raid or uninstall? (And honestly, I've raided with dedicated PvP'ers. Those guys are good.)

Do they get a new zone? If so, how long until people demand that zone gets made into PvE so they can take pretty screenshots?

Cyrodiil is deliberately basic. The quests there? They are literally nothing but fetch quests. There is no story. That is not quite so true of the Imperial City but all the areas and rooms where you talk to an NPC for story stuff? Guess what, PvP is turned off in those small areas. All around IC you will find safehouses. These are where the quest moments take place.

Make no mistake. The zones were built primarily with PvP in mind. PvE there is secondary, to the point of irrelevance.

Besides, it's actually not that hard to quest in either zone anyway! I do it all the bloody time!

I shall not "Admit" as you have falsely stated about anything I do not personally believe. PVP is an integral crucial part of any MMO-RPG. Removing it is striping a part of its soul in utter sense. They has been certain confusion mayhap with my post/s. I never voiced to oppose PVP fully. I am against having PVE aspects within PVP land 2 sides clashing and i have no problem leaving PVP Cyrodill that player can teleport it, but should have completely overhauled another version of region that has zero influence of PVP.
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    I would like Nibenese and Colovian PvE zone, the two missing parts of Cyrodiil.
    Edited by DoomGrunt624 on March 1, 2021 10:46AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Cyrodil maybe if they put something worth of interest there for pve the current questing isn't that great for pve not to mention how long it takes to get across the map.. Imperial City I could see this working well for considering it already is a mix between pve and pvp content it's got a full storyline and pve questing.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    PvE zones are trivial and boring. Any suggestion about more overland is bad in my opinion other than adding a veteran overland with good incentives.

I dont want development time wasted on this project. But I would likw to see PvE zones turn in to PvP zones, 1 zone per week. They just need to disable quests and throw in some flags to make it a big PvP battleground.

I find pvp zones trivial and boring and mostly come down to who has the biggest zerg. At least battlegrounds is a strict 3 teams 4 players.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I'm just saying yes because I don't play PVP coz I live in Australia and we're too far away from the rest of the world. It's a sad and lonely place.

But if I played PVP I'm sure I'd be outraged and throw my keyboard at you.
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I think they should make them purely PVP by removing all PVE objectives - instead of repeatedly trying to mix the two and causing animosity between playerbases.
    Tank Girl
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Imperial City
    I think having PVP during a daedric invasion doesn't make any sense. So PVE the invasion and then create a pre or post (I think post might be more fun) version for PVP.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    I'm just saying yes because I don't play PVP coz I live in Australia and we're too far away from the rest of the world. It's a sad and lonely place.

But if I played PVP I'm sure I'd be outraged and throw my keyboard at you.

I live in Australia and play PvP. I know plenty of other people who live in Australia and play PvP, too. You don't play PvP because you don't want to play PvP, don't blame living in Australia for it.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly not sure how to answer this poll.

If we took the existing Cyrodiil or Imperial City and simply disabled PvP, there's not a ton left to do there.

Imperial City would be the most interesting as a PvE area. But it's not a very compelling storyline. There's essentially one main 'quest' and everything else are repeatable dailies. It would be worth one play through like any other DLC, but probably pretty short. Most of the time spent in IC along the way to completing the quests is dodging other players -- if you didn't have to worry about PvP I think people could power through the quest in a couple hours tops.

Cyrodiil is mostly empty, but it has no overall storyline. A new storyline would have to be created.

And at the same time you can't just get rid of PvP zones because a lot of players like them. So a PvE version would either be an instance of the same zone (without PvP) or an alternate zone completely -- and if it's an alternate zone, why not make a new, self-contained place?

I don't think there's a good way to recycle existing Cyrodiil as a PvE area without putting in as much work as it would take to create a new part of the world. And players hopping between a 'friendly' new Cyrodiil with a zone quest would feel weird jumping back into 'war-torn' Cyrodiil for PvP campaigns.

They can hint around the edges of Cyrodiil, places not literally on the current map but otherwise I can't see it happening.
    PC NA
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to both
    There are more than enough pve zones. PvP can have 2 without the constant threads requesting they too are transformed into PVE zones.

Imagine if I made threads requesting deshan to be remade into a PvP zone. I don't understand why the authors of these threads don't see how their request is totally selfish.

No one is requesting to replace it. At most it would be like having an aditional campain
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I don't PvP but I do not think it would be right to make Cyrodiil a PvE zone. Cyrodiil is a war zone. It's supposed to be dangerous.

And enough with the wanting multiple versions of everything. 👎
    Edited by SilverBride on March 2, 2021 3:00AM
    PCNA
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I honestly enjoy the PvE in Cyrodiil and IC as they are, with the risk of PvP. With the vast "empty" spaces where you run into stuff when you least expect it.

I've cleared the map on a couple of characters already and I'm looking forward to finishing it on the characters that are half-way through it.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    At this stage in the games existence any change to those zones to benefit PvEers would further kill the PvP community.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Where is our pvp updates.... funny thing how whenever we ask for an update the pve side rallys to tell us we don't need or deserve it since we don't pay any money.... ok what makes your sub so much more worth than my sub?What makes the crown crates you buy worth so much more than the ones I buy..... the list goes on... my point being we are not allowed to get anything so you are not allowed to speak about turbing pvp zones into pve end of story
  • Crazyprophet
    Crazyprophet
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    I'd like to see a postwar version of Cyrodiil, or at least one that's seen a bit of a calm.

I'd suggest not getting rid of current Cyrodiil, but I don't see why we can't "revisit" it, in the future. Maybe make a PvE Cyrodiil, potentially even piece by piece.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    Tandor wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »
    Look, just stop with these absurd attempts to get a PvE Cyrodiil. Cyro and IC are meant to be PvP, just accept it and move on

Perhaps a forum truce can be declared, so that PvEers will stop asking for PvE in PvP zones and PvPers will stop asking for PvP in PvE zones? Calling for an end to one without committing to the other is unreasonable.

Haha, there speaks the voice of reason :wink:
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way
    I'd like Cyrodiil and Imperial City to be kept as-is and remain PvP only zones. If I go there to do a PvE activity, I find the added risk more exciting. Game content with all reward and no risk loses its appeal very quickly.
    Edited by pelle412 on March 2, 2021 6:15AM
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have TESIV Oblivion Nostalgia and cannot help myself
    Hot take: I love PVP in this game, but Cyro as it is right now is simply awful. An overhaul would be welcome whichever way I look at it.

The PVP of ESO was very ambitious and I have enjoyed a lot of long nights on it, but we must be honest with ourselves by this point. It has ended as a failed experiment. The servers clearly cannot handle it. And it's never going to happen that the devs find a way to improve lag and performance in the current iteration. There's no silver bullet that will fix the mess of spaghetti code without making a big, fundamental change.

The answer to that is smaller zones, IMO. I'd like to see smaller PVP zones that focus on performance and better map design. You can keep the gameplay the same- Keeps, sieges, large groups, etc, but just make it run in smaller, more focussed, lower player count maps. Reduce the lag, reduce the strain on the server, give people more variety. Imperial City proves this concept.

Think about it, how many of you have seen so much of Arrius Keep you could map the place my memory? How many times have you run back and forth across that bridge at Sejanus outpost? Wouldn't you like something new and fresh? Just imagine having alliance war that takes place in Coldharbour, or in other Deadric realms. PVP that takes place on Solstheim island. Maybe there could be several zones similar to Imperial City taking place inside Chorrol, Bravil, Cheydinhal etc.

Current Cyrodiil feels extremely outdated. The map is spartan, bland, and honestly kinda ugly in a lot of places. The performance is beyond terrible. I understand people like current Cyrodiil, but honestly I think a change could well be for the better.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switch it up, turn all the dungeons and trials into PvP and let us queue up as either the heroes or the monsters
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way
    Ok, so they remove PVP, then what? You do the quests in those zones, get your lead, kill the delve bosses, collect the skyshards and then... ? Empty zone with no reason to go to it as there is nothing left that interests you?

Seriously people, there isn't a whole lot of content there other than PVP, so WTF?
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have TESIV Oblivion Nostalgia and cannot help myself
    I wrote it already a hundred times but being senile, I'll write it again: please, bring back Cyrodiil and IC to their TESIV glory!! I don't want to take PVP away from players that enjoy it, I quite like it myself, so another version of those areas could coexist with the current ones. Totally immersion-breaking maybe but the need for those restored areas is strong with this one. Besides, they teased us (well, me at least) with Proudspire manor from TESV so now I desire Benirus manor, Arborwatch, the IC shack, a cottage in Bruma, etc. as well. Though I must admit, this game is turning to Elder Houses Online and Elder Fashion Online for me so IDK :D
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »
    I wrote it already a hundred times but being senile, I'll write it again: please, bring back Cyrodiil and IC to their TESIV glory!!

Some of us think IC is much more glorious in this form than in Oblivion. But otherwise yes some of the more dilapidated areas in this game could use a little sprucing up. I'm trying to get together some funds to restore the east side of Velyn Harbor, to start, so that a house can be put there.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to both
    Sigh, I will say it just one more time. Can some players read until the end,my entire post. I m not against removing PVP aspect of the game entirely, either you do not want to read or you are deliberately implying i said something untrue, otherwise i wont bother replying anymore. Calm.
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Ok, so they remove PVP, then what? You do the quests in those zones, get your lead, kill the delve bosses, collect the skyshards and then... ? Empty zone with no reason to go to it as there is nothing left that interests you?

Seriously people, there isn't a whole lot of content there other than PVP, so WTF?

Edited by Vanya on March 2, 2021 10:41AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No way
    No

:#
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way
    What, so you can run the silly pve quests once and then the area is dead, like all the older pve zones, after the next pve area is unlocked? Yes this sounds like a way to keep cyro alive.

Lol