Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash to desktop

• Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the dreaded "last person into a trial" crash hasn't been fixed on console. Thought the patch notes said it would be fixed. Maybe it was some other trial crash. @ZOS_SarahHecker when are these crashes going to be fixed?
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still experiencing the "last person into a trail gets a free crash" bug. Any updates @ZOS_SarahHecker?
    No official communication since the 1/26 patch, two weeks ago. Will tomorrow's maintenance fix our crashes?? When will our crashes be fixed??

Remember this is the "official crash post" according to the long since unpinned U28 known issues post.
    Reference: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/update-28-known-issues-updated-11-24-10-30am-est
    Post your crash reports here!!
    Edited by Rehdaun on February 9, 2021 3:06PM
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing when I port to wayshrine, to house - just porting :(
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed that today's maintenance fixed our crash problem.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just changing characters this last week...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that today's maintenance fixed our crash problem.

...And yesterday's maintenance did not fix the dreaded "12th person into a trial" bug. Ran Kyne's Aegis last night and the 12th person crashed. Just like clockwork. @ZOS_SarahHecker this has been plaguing us since U28 dropped. When will this be fixed?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The team is aware of an issue affecting some players in large groups and is currently working on a fix. We don't have a date for this fix yet but will let you all know when we do.
    Staff Post
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    The team is aware of an issue affecting some players in large groups and is currently working on a fix. We don't have a date for this fix yet but will let you all know when we do.

Large group only? Still have random crashes changing zones.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still just the one Bethesda inflicted on me.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS5 NA

Still crashing daily 1-3x. Nothing has changed.

Stay safe :)
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    Game freezes up and it disconnects me every few minutes. Was fine before patch. (EU servers). I have fixed files etc:
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »

Large group only? Still have random crashes changing zones.

Exactly. Yesterday game crashed with the report option just a few minutes after logging in. Relogged, started doing writs, game just closed completely, no error, no report, just disappeared. Sometimes game crashes in the character selection screen if I stay on it for a min or two thinking about which char needs to do writs. So many strange things happening. It is not fixed, that is for sure.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the update. Lets hope the fix is coming soon.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last person into the trial is still crashing. Personally happened to me a couple of nights ago going into HRC. Immediately dumped me to login screen with a message rate limit exceeded message.

Remember this is the "official crash post" according to the long since unpinned U28 known issues post.
    Reference: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/update-28-known-issues-updated-11-24-10-30am-est
    Post your crash reports here!!
    Last update from Zos: 1 week ago.

We have be plagued by these crashes since U28 dropped. Hoping the next fix will be the final fix.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I had a random crash fighting Ysmgar just. I had to call for help to kill them but then it completely froze during the fight. I had to "sign out" my PC to close the game down and then battle with "account already logged in" for ages... I managed to just see the end of the fight and complete my daily.....
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • alcoraptor
    alcoraptor
    ✭✭✭
    The crash to desktop has been drastically reduced on console (Xbox anyway), but has instead been replaced by a freeze crash, like the UI thread has crashed. You can still hear game music, but the screen totally freezes and you have to kill the game and reload it (which then causes the Account already logged in error for a good 5 minutes).

We get this reliably every trial (it's worst in CR and HoF) and 4 man dungeon - so this is not just related to large groups. It is making it hard to justify running vet content knowing we're probably going to lose one or more players throughout the fights

Plz fix!
    Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexandra Conele from capturing the coral heart!
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    IMO, would be really helpful in a thread like this if everyone would post a snapshot of their rig and info. :)

I haven't crashed much, maybe 1 or 2 times but only during heavy pvp battles in Grayhost when there are a lot of close interaction and a lot of lighting related effects going off ( that had always been a big issue for mac users when we had 32 bit client, been great over the past few yrs since 64 bit client.

ev6HPvp.png

My Big Sur machine for eso crashes or client gets memory leak ever so often. I’ve switched to playing WoW since ZoS doesn’t support Mac OS. I still play eso on my windows desktop but when I travel blizzard gets my money.

16inch MacBook Pro
    16gb ram
    I9 2.3ghz
    5500m

My windows machine only sees lag in cyrodil and trials.

I7 8700k @5.2ghz
    32gb ram
    2tb SSD storage
    2080 gpu...

Since those issues I mostly do overland content in this game and just stick to WoW for end game content as I have zero issues. Heck been toying in FF14 with little to zero issues.
    Edited by Khajiitihaswares on February 21, 2021 2:22PM
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance issues have always plagued this game and this may be the worst I have seen. I say this having played the game continuously since it dropped. CTD when porting between wayshrines is a new low-point.

Some patches improve performance and just as many make it worse. That is just life in the Zenimax world. Clearly quality is not a concern. Accept it or move on.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting something called "Booted from server" on a daily basis during the Cyrodiil tests.

Got whitescreened during an extended keep defense while tossing Razor Caltrops on a bunch of enemies. I was pretty upset that I was going to miss out on a nice defensive tick...... but when I managed to log back in I was in a busy enemy keep and got burned down in seconds.

Seven years and we are still beta testing? Really?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker will tomorrow's maintenance finally fix our crash problems? Three months living with these crashes is quite insane!!
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker will tomorrow's maintenance finally fix our crash problems? Three months living with these crashes is quite insane!!

Tomorrow's maintenance is a server reboot and will not include a patch. Our next planned patch for PC & console is when Update 29 launches next month.
    Staff Post
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still crash regularly.

Especially after character dies in game.. Then it's usually only a matter of time before crash follows.

Playing Trials is hoping you don't crash before final boss dies... Same with pledges and trifecta is no fun because it's always in the back of the mind.

Hope they fix it..
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow's maintenance is a server reboot and will not include a patch. Our next planned patch for PC & console is when Update 29 launches next month.

:'(:'(:'(

An entire update cycle :cry:
  • Ceinan
    Ceinan
    Soul Shriven

It's not just large groups. I mostly play alone.
    I log in, I go to bank, I get dumped

I wait. I log in again when allowed, 1-15 minutes later.
    I make it to load screen, i manage to glimpse my toon, I get dumped

I manage to look at my Inventory, or get buffed & ready to go, or perhaps even to pick up daily writs... I get dumped

I get back to writs, the world around me stops responding. Not quite a freeze, as I can still walk, jump, open my inventory, but shopkeeper does not respond, I cannot hit anything, I cannot pick up anything, cannot interact, or actually DO anything, beside walk around and open inventory. Nothing responds, cannot transport on map, but cannot exit game either. Eventually, 30 sec to 3 minutes later, YOU KNOW IT: DUMP!

... and so it goes. 2 months of this. I am tired. I am a bloody adult, with life, job, family.
    I get a couple hours at night to play and relax before I crash. I want to immerse myself into this world I pay hard cash for.

I am tired of so many threads we try and talk about this getting closed as 'answered', or as 'bashing' or...

I am tired of not getting heard, and not getting answers. WE deserve better

I am tired of having attempted over and over every solution given, from updating all drivers, to dumping game AND STEAM, and reloading everything anew, to dropping my mods, and more. I have followed EVERY.SINGLE.SOLUTION.SUGGESTED.
    I.AM.NOT.ALONE AND THEY.DO.NOT.WORK!

I am tired of ZOS giving no timeline nor a real acknowledgment of all the issues around MULTIPLE ERROR TYPES /CODES, and some dumps being without errors at all... simply dumped back to black screen, or to STEAM, or to Launcher

I am tired of other gamers who respond with "I NEVER have any problems; must be your rig / your internet connection / your age / you are a ***&&%^%&& (insert some offensive remark) / you are a noob / you just complain for nothing / be nice to ZOS for giving us this game / you should be grateful / have you tried unplugging and replugging (hahaha so funny) / are you a girl? If you are a girl that's your problem. You all just complain / ... <insert negative comment of some kind, asserting I/we are just idiots of some type or another> ..."

I am tired of being so frustrated and angry, when I should be able to relax with the game I PAY GOOD MONEY FOR

Can we have an answer that is complete, that acknowledges the problems on multiple levels - NOT FOR ONE SINGLE ERROR CODE, but for the systemic issue?

I'd rather not have any fancy clothes updates (who the hell needs yet another useless outfit, that we cannot wear BECAUSE WE CANNOT PLAY THE BLOODY BASIC GAME?), no new pets, no ne DLC, AND have a game that is playable. All the pretty paint and decor slapped on top of the game does nothing to hide the bloody cracks and crumbling walls!

Please, give us some answers, and a solution, because I just lost 2 months of paid game, and some days I cannot even make it in and stay long enough to get my daily freebies, let alone actually play.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @zenimaxeb17_ESO @zenimax_nagahashi @Zenimax_Firor

@ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_KaiSchober Yes, I random tagged some... because we need to get this out there
    JUST AN OLD GAMER-GIRL
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    2 crashed during nKA
    PC EU
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ceinan wrote: »

It's not just large groups. I mostly play alone.
    I log in, I go to bank, I get dumped

I make it to load screen, i manage to glimpse my toon, I get dumped

I manage to look at my Inventory, or get buffed & ready to go, or perhaps even to pick up daily writs... I get dumped

I get back to writs, the world around me stops responding. Not quite a freeze, as I can still walk, jump, open my inventory, but shopkeeper does not respond, I cannot hit anything, I cannot pick up anything, cannot interact, or actually DO anything, beside walk around and open inventory. Nothing responds, cannot transport on map, but cannot exit game either. Eventually, 30 sec to 3 minutes later, YOU KNOW IT: DUMP!

... and so it goes. 2 months of this. I am tired. I am a bloody adult, with life, job, family.
    I get a couple hours at night to play and relax before I crash. I want to immerse myself into this world I pay hard cash for.

I am tired of so many threads we try and talk about this getting closed as 'answered', or as 'bashing' or...

I am tired of not getting heard, and not getting answers. WE deserve better

I am tired of having attempted over and over every solution given, from updating all drivers, to dumping game AND STEAM, and reloading everything anew, to dropping my mods, and more. I have followed EVERY.SINGLE.SOLUTION.SUGGESTED.
    I.AM.NOT.ALONE AND THEY.DO.NOT.WORK!

I am tired of ZOS giving no timeline nor a real acknowledgment of all the issues around MULTIPLE ERROR TYPES /CODES, and some dumps being without errors at all... simply dumped back to black screen, or to STEAM, or to Launcher

I am tired of other gamers who respond with "I NEVER have any problems; must be your rig / your internet connection / your age / you are a ***&&%^%&& (insert some offensive remark) / you are a noob / you just complain for nothing / be nice to ZOS for giving us this game / you should be grateful / have you tried unplugging and replugging (hahaha so funny) / are you a girl? If you are a girl that's your problem. You all just complain / ... <insert negative comment of some kind, asserting I/we are just idiots of some type or another> ..."

I am tired of being so frustrated and angry, when I should be able to relax with the game I PAY GOOD MONEY FOR

Can we have an answer that is complete, that acknowledges the problems on multiple levels - NOT FOR ONE SINGLE ERROR CODE, but for the systemic issue?

I'd rather not have any fancy clothes updates (who the hell needs yet another useless outfit, that we cannot wear BECAUSE WE CANNOT PLAY THE BLOODY BASIC GAME?), no new pets, no ne DLC, AND have a game that is playable. All the pretty paint and decor slapped on top of the game does nothing to hide the bloody cracks and crumbling walls!

Please, give us some answers, and a solution, because I just lost 2 months of paid game, and some days I cannot even make it in and stay long enough to get my daily freebies, let alone actually play.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @zenimaxeb17_ESO @zenimax_nagahashi @Zenimax_Firor

@ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_KaiSchober Yes, I random tagged some... because we need to get this out there
    I get how frustrating crashes are, as I had them in other games. But people need more info to be able to help you. Do you have a thread detailing the issue somewhere? Do you have any more info about your system? Or an error code or something? And what do you mean exactly when 'dumped', is that a crash to desktop, or blackscreen, or bluescreen, or error code crash, or something else?
    **Let a professional do this: Is there an error code in your eventviewer?**
    This happens when your internet connection is interrupted while playing. It then disconnects you to the login screen. Some possible issues could be your ISP, or a malfunctioning router. The reason why you can still move is because the world is created by your videocard, while the interactions with anything is serverside. So without internet, you can only see the world, but not interact with it.

If you have an SSD, wait atleast 10 seconds after closing ANY program, before rebooting/shutting down your computer. SSD's move files around, and may cause errors when you interrupt that process before it is done.

For your other issues, we'd need more specs. But some advice I can give you is to check if you did not set your in-game graphic settings too high. Sometimes the game works on higher settings, but crashes out when it can no longer handle it. So, when you start doing something.

Hopefully you can get this fixed ASAP.
    Edited by Sarannah on March 13, 2021 12:57PM
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So i guess ZoS wanted to bring back the crash to desktops , WTF , i get 12 min punishments for random queue for your problem , FFS this is ridiculous
  • Nowa133
    Nowa133
    ✭✭✭
    Getting botted all the day long... WTF is going on?
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me today at the end of a dungeon. Was looting urns, hit a hiding troll
    near the beginning of the dungeon with my ice staff and client just closed itself.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've crashed to the desktop once in the last 2 years.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.