Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dear PVPers in IC

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Dear PvEers in the ONLY TWO PvP zones (ok and also BGs were we can't even select game modes),

Cyrodiil and imperial city are the Only PvP zones, you have MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY PvE zones, PvE events, PvE everything.

PvPers need to do PvE quests for rewards too. What's the point of complaining PvP in PvP zones?

Again we're going back to the where in the pve events can pvers prevent you or make it harder for you to complete said pve quests? Cause last time I checked that didn't happen

Some players despise PvE. They can't complete the PvE events without doing some PvE. Some people despise PvP. Thing is they can complete this event without PvP. Your argument might fly if the Witches Festival had a way to get tickets without the need for any PvE.

Also by this argument we're back to the argument that pvers should be able to prevent pvpers from completing the quests for dailies in pve events. So no, it's not the same.

No, we are not, because in PvP, the premise is that other players are the enemy
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEers keep crying being killed in PvP zones during PvP events.

[snip]Players are not your target dummies, we won't stand in your AOE for 5 minutes.

I started with PvE and changed to PvP. Try to overcome the learning curve of PvP. [snip]

Lol. I don't know anyone that parses that high expecting the enemy to sit still in PvP, or complain. The PvE-rs that complain are usually non end game PvE-ers.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 1, 2021 1:36PM
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sparing anyone anymore

I did spare questers so far, but just last night-5 min later then they come back and try to "arrow barrage" you or something

Kill all, spare none o:)
    Edited by Cirantille on February 1, 2021 10:08AM
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Not sparing anyone anymore

I did spare questers so far, but just last night-5 min later then they come back and try to "arrow barrage" you or something

Kill all, spare none o:)

That's the attitude. Make PvP really PvP.
    Kill on sight.

Edit: that happened to me too.
    Edited by LightYagami on February 1, 2021 10:16AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TAKE HIS SHOES!!

I get the shirt!
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Would this thread be considered as baiting and taunting? The only outcome is an argument.

Nah. Arguing with it is a choice. Not everyone finds it contentious. :)

Thread seems funny... especially guy after shoes
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

You carry AP, and are a traitor to the covenant. And by the decree of King Emeric, all traitors must be stopped.

But what if they are on your team 👀
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't kill questers on purpose, but it's not always easy to tell.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

Videoz or didn't happens. :p
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MYM does make it harder for PvPers who care.

I was working on my "Kill 40 players" quest in IC while I was queued and waiting to get into Gray Host. Now, most of the PvEers can be spotted a mile away, and I leave them to their questing. If I can't tell right away that they are questers, I'll probably smack them once, and if they squeeeeeee and run away, I let them go. I mean, I was in that position once, so I know how intimidating it can be for people who are not prepared for it.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Pie King

most pvpers dont care about telvar as much, they are after kills more
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]Players are not your target dummies, we won't stand in your AOE for 5 minutes.

I started with PvE and changed to PvP. Try to overcome the learning curve of PvP. [snip]

I going to PvP with full PvE charr. Don't care because i learned to enjoy PvP (I hated pvp areas from WoW) and i can kill some even with pve gear. it's a lottery. It will either work out or not. :D:D:D:D and sometimes i get killed but i take enemy with me bcause toxic barage :D:D:D I almost fell off a chair last time. Most of the time pvp is fun but only thing that upset me very much is **** campers at quest points and before base gate at sewers. Ye easy kills i know. But then don't be surprised that pve is crying here ;);):D
    So please, all others, learn to enjoy pvp in some ways, there is no need to be spiteful :) enjoy :)
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 1, 2021 1:35PM
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »

I going to PvP with full PvE charr. Don't care because i learned to enjoy PvP (I hated pvp areas from WoW) and i can kill some even with pve gear. it's a lottery. It will either work out or not. :D:D:D:D and sometimes i get killed but i take enemy with me bcause toxic barage :D:D:D I almost fell off a chair last time. Most of the time pvp is fun but only thing that upset me very much is **** campers at quest points and before base gate at sewers. Ye easy kills i know. But then don't be surprised that pve is crying here ;);):D
    So please, all others, learn to enjoy pvp in some ways, there is no need to be spiteful :) enjoy :)
    That's a good point. :)

I shared my PvE friend some PvP tips. He's a CP900+ vet trial player but he likes to try PvP recently. I told him how to balance the build, how important sustain and resistance are, how to escape from fights, how to align burst, etc. He's still a PvEer and he's weak at PvP, but he never cried for being killed in PvP zones.

I've been playing Battlefield for over 10 years, killed hundreds of thousands of players, died hundreds of thousands times. It's normal to kill and be killed in PvP games. No one is immortal. No one is the centre of the world.

Everyone starts as a noob. Learn and improve is the key to grow up, in games and in real life.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 1, 2021 1:35PM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    They get one or two little events a year, let them enjoy their idiosyncrasies.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost as if pvpers can't stand the thought of losing to pvers that they hate whisper us when they lose and try to make entire gank squads near our base entrances or quest spots because the truth is pvpers aren't better. But there certainly seems to be an ego problem in thinking they are.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear PvEers in the ONLY TWO PvP zones (ok and also BGs were we can't even select game modes),

Cyrodiil and imperial city are the Only PvP zones, you have MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY PvE zones, PvE events, PvE everything.

PvPers need to do PvE quests for rewards too. What's the point of complaining PvP in PvP zones?

Again we're going back to the where in the pve events can pvers prevent you or make it harder for you to complete said pve quests? Cause last time I checked that didn't happen

Here is a thread from the most recent Undaunted event where a PvEer stopped the OP from getting their daily tickets/loot: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555512/undaunted-people-stealing-event-tickets-and-reward-boxes/p1

Here is a thread also from the most recent Undaunted event where a group rushing through made it harder for the OP to complete the content because they couldn't keep up: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555558/why-i-hate-eso-group-dungeons-and-never-participate-in-them/p1

Here is another thread from, you guessed it, the most recent Undaunted event also complaining about the other players in the group speeding through content so they missed out on loot: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/557132/urgent-help-new-players-pls-zos-vets-are-speed-running-all-normal-dungeons/p1

I could keep going, but I really don't think I need to. All three of these threads are from December 2020, so it's not even like I had to dig through years of posts to find a handful of suggestions. You need to stop suggesting that PvPers are the only people in this game who stop other people from completing their objective, because it's clearly not the case.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Here is a thread from the most recent Undaunted event where a PvEer stopped the OP from getting their daily tickets/loot: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555512/undaunted-people-stealing-event-tickets-and-reward-boxes/p1

Here is a thread also from the most recent Undaunted event where a group rushing through made it harder for the OP to complete the content because they couldn't keep up: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555558/why-i-hate-eso-group-dungeons-and-never-participate-in-them/p1

Here is another thread from, you guessed it, the most recent Undaunted event also complaining about the other players in the group speeding through content so they missed out on loot: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/557132/urgent-help-new-players-pls-zos-vets-are-speed-running-all-normal-dungeons/p1

I could keep going, but I really don't think I need to. All three of these threads are from December 2020, so it's not even like I had to dig through years of posts to find a handful of suggestions. You need to stop suggesting that PvPers are the only people in this game who stop other people from completing their objective, because it's clearly not the case.

So not getting dungeon loot = not getting tickets? Mmmkay sure. Besides you can always ask guildies or friends to do dungeon runs if you don't want randomers. Funnily in pve you can't actually prevent someone getting their tickets
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnily most I see speed running and running ahead of group are people with obvious pvp builds and gear and pvp ranking. Then they often die cause they run ahead of everyone else.
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Pie King

Bravo
    Options
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's pvp
    Options
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who went into IC in straight up PvE gear with zero adjustments and was well aware I was begging to be targeted by doing so, I can't say I'm surprised to be slaughtered or even annoyed by it. Sometimes it's very convenient for travel purposes. I'm only out to do the quests, but I'm also walking AP and PvPers gonna PvP.

I do cloak as much as I can and try to be cautious, but every time I have to kill an NPC or interact with an object several dozen AD materialise out of nowhere and curbstomp me in half a second. It happens.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So not getting dungeon loot = not getting tickets? Mmmkay sure. Besides you can always ask guildies or friends to do dungeon runs if you don't want randomers. Funnily in pve you can't actually prevent someone getting their tickets

When the event requires you to kill the final boss to get the ticket and you are unable to loot the boss, then yes, not getting dungeon loot = not getting a ticket.

And honestly, your suggestion that PVP player should find a group to help is literally the same thing PVE players should do. Find a group to help you complete super easy PVE quests in a PVP zone.
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Saucey Jack was my friend and people were taking his shoes, I'd bring in the boiz and we'd get those trainers back.

'Here you go, fella.' *puts them back on*

Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all so random. Everyone has different personal guidelines in IC. Events are especially crazy because the regulars are outnumbered by players just trying to get tix. I've put in a fair amount of time in IC myself. The regulars are super dangerous in all ways. They know the map, they have special builds (just for you), and they are usually battle hardened vets.

I usually take my Magblade (invisibility for the win!) in so I can get in and get out without getting bothered too much. If you are anything else, you should either group up or just stomp around like you own the place. Some players might leave you alone because they think you are actually a stone cold killer and you are just baiting them because you want to fight.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, for the event achievement, you have to rack up 50 player kills and I’ve learned that means killing blows, which I really don’t get a lot of, certainly not if I don’t go out of my way for it.

I don’t judge players attacking me in PvP generally, and certainly not during the event, as whether PvE or PvP or potato like me, I’ll assume they’re just participating in the event, which isn’t just tickets, but AP and achievements as well.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    If Saucey Jack was my friend and people were taking his shoes, I'd bring in the boiz and we'd get those trainers back.

'Here you go, fella.' *puts them back on*

You're a good egg; don't let anyone tell you different. ;)
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, for the event achievement, you have to rack up 50 player kills and I’ve learned that means killing blows, which I really don’t get a lot of, certainly not if I don’t go out of my way for it.

Not sure if it have to be killing blows or you just have to deal a substantional amount of damage like the "kill 40 players" daily, but there are a couple of tricks to farm killing blows:
    - Spam ranged executes into a zerg, especially Sorc is fit for that task.
    - Use coldfire (or regular fire) trebuchets during an offensive siege and aim where the defenders have their sieges set (hoping to hit someone in a siege). If you hit right this applies a heavy DoT on the opponent, often resulting in a killing blow.
    - Use either coldfire ballistas or siege oils during a defensive siege. Using an oil usually results in a couple of killing blows when opponents enter a keep, coldfire ballistas are especially useful for defending choke points. Not sure if it still works or not, but you might try Vicious Death for extra cheese.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Ps, the camping in the safe zone and spamming snipe only happens during MYM, so I would assume, it is not the PvP-ers that are actually griefing.

That's poor reasoning.

I think we all know that the most likely explanation is that it's PVPers, but they mostly behave this way during MYM because they are looking for easy targets during the events, because these are people who can't compete with their fellow PVPers the rest of the time.

To reiterate a point that I and many other PVE folks have made many times over the last several years: we're not mad about being griefed during MYM, we just think it's kind of pathetic.

I mean, ironically, the same people who come on here and talk about "get good" are also the ones who are chomping at the bit to mow down players who aren't even trying to fight back. You'd better hope we don't all get good, because then you'd be screwed.
    Edited by amapola76 on February 1, 2021 4:30PM
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone is standing next to and interacting with a questgiver, that's usually a pretty clear sign.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »

If someone is standing next to and interacting with a questgiver, that's usually a pretty clear sign.

Assuming they live long enough to get to said quest giver.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options