The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear PVPers in IC

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    It happens all too often that I leave alone the poor defenseless PVE'ers who are just questing, only for them to try and jump me when my back is turned or they outnumber me.

Haha this happens quite often actually.

Yesterday had this nightblade who was cloaking in front of me obviously on his way to a quest objective (I'm pretty sure he saw me though). I see him using the objective and cloak again, so I just streak around the objective to continue my way. What do you think? 2 seconds later an incap in my back. So I dodge, streak and curse him and then continue to ignore him. 15 seconds later I hear the arrows flying in my back. Turned out he had another nightblade friend and they were both shooting arrows at me. Of course this didn't work out very well for them, since nightblade is one of sorcs favourite snacks, basically a free kill.

Yeah, had a similar situation when I was doing the Elven Gardens quest (I'm a pvp'er but mainly play Cyro and only do IC for the ticket). I saw 3 DC players near the gate but decided to leave them alone as they were moving between quest objectives and did not have high alliance ranks.

So I start torching the 2 ballistae a little further down the street. Just as I torch the second one, one of them, a Templar, had sprinted up to me and hit me in the back with Toppling Charge, after which he started the jab spam. Now I'm pretty squishy Magblade, but this guy didn't seem to be doing a lot of damage, so I just hit him with 1 combo and he evaporated, after which I continued my quest. Was honestly puzzled as to why a quester would go out of their way to pick a fight with a pvp'er. :D
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    LET'S MUG HIM!
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I complete the IC and Cyrodiil quests on all of my alts during low server population timings when no events are running and hand them in one by one during the events to get the tickets. There you go :p
    Edited by munster1404 on February 2, 2021 3:05PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    This is a PvE game with PvP as a bonus play.

Clearly you weren't here at launch. PVP was originally one of the key facets of endgame play, and it had massive populations across a dozen campaigns lasting 90 days. But then ZOS dropped the ball, messed up the performance, made overbearing balance changes instead of tweaking, and ultimately scared away the majority of that population that was just here to pvp during the first year. Would have been a huge gravy train if they'd been able to maintain it. Instead they started catering to the casual player that didn't mind spending real money for shortcuts and housing. What better than a player that would only be on their servers a few hours a week, maintain an optional sub, and occasionally spend extra money in the cash shop?

Maybe now that the game seems to have a little more certainty about the future (since they've decided to upgrade/replace servers, sell to microsoft, etc) they might be more improvements on the pvp side of things? There's hope but we'll believe it when we see it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial Sewers should allow you to turn off being able to attack other players and from being attacked by other players. Some of us want to farm those Tel Var, skyshards and just explore. It's a great place to level a toon. Being forced to go into a PvP zone while being a PvE only player just sucks.

Imagine being a PVP player being forced to go into PVE zones for gear.

ZoS should separate the game play, champion point system, etc.

Well, technically it's an MMO that originally intended for players to level up in PVE and then play PVP for the rest of their gameplay until they realized that this is a TES MMO and so players actually want more than just PVP in Cyrodiil for their gameplay.

So now its an MMO where you can overland quest wherever you want, do PVE group content, and play PVP as your personal "endgame" however you like. Sure, over time the design of ESO has shifted away from the very PVP-centric "Cyrodiil is your only endgame" philosophy it started with, but that doesn't make it a "bonus" part of ESO.

I think that's important to keep in mind, because I see players who use "PVP is just an extra, its not really a full part of this PVE game" not just to ask for seperate balancing, but as the basis for their calls to remove PVP entirely from ESO, even though many players enjoy both forms of gameplay.

So I want to emphasize that while PVP may be "bonus play" for you, that PVP endgame is a major reason why I'm still playing as much as I am. I enjoy both PVP and PVE. Thankfully, the Devs also seem to view PVP as an integral part of ESO, as we see in events like Midyear Mayhem.

They had Cyrodil ready at launch Craglorn and trials came later it was always planned but as it was only for max level they delayed it.

Now PVP is already separately balanced with the extra health and damage and heals are halved.
    You also have pure PvP sets like Vicious Death who would be hilarious in dungeons if it worked on trash :)
    But yes PvP is an integral part of ESO.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm alone and just jumping on to do the daily, I'll leave you alone but if you open up on me then I will open up and melt you

Same.

I always find it amusing that that people assume that if you are standing next to them and not attacking, you must be PvE. So they get the idea that you might be an easy target, become emboldened, and quickly realize that maybe they should have thought things through a bit more, lol!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    If I'm alone and just jumping on to do the daily, I'll leave you alone but if you open up on me then I will open up and melt you

Same.

I always find it amusing that that people assume that if you are standing next to them and not attacking, you must be PvE. So they get the idea that you might be an easy target, become emboldened, and quickly realize that maybe they should have thought things through a bit more, lol!

Another thing that happens a lot is that they don't attack you, wait like 15 seconds for their 5 friends to arrive, and then jump and kill u with all 6.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

Honestly if I ever see you in Imperial City for any reason I'll stop what I'm doing to give you a pie. ;)

I seldom carry enough telvar to get frustrated at a death anyways, so honestly it's worth the risk.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

Just to clarify. You are carrying pie though?

Asking for a gankblade friend.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reaper_00 wrote: »

- Pie King

I'm a Gankblade...point out which one is carrying pie for me?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper_00 wrote: »

ZOS won't let me use pies in IC, the cretins! D:
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- Pie King

And us PvPers don't really care how much telvar you carry. We're in it for the fight, and the telvar/AP rewards are just a bonus. And no, we don't really care if you pose no challenge. Welcome to PvP
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    We're in it for the fight
    And no, we don't really care if you pose no challenge.

Wait, which is it? You enjoy a fight or you enjoy killing people who aren't a challenge?
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait, which is it? You enjoy a fight or you enjoy killing people who aren't a challenge?

I enjoy attacking people who are traitors to the covenant. Whether they fight back or not is of no consequence to me.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like there's as much of a mix in PvP as there is in PvE. Just as some PvE people prefer questing or dungeons or housing or hardmode trials, some PvP people like all the murder, some prefer a challenge, some are only out to grief, others are hardcore into their alliance, etc. Any statement that tries to generalise is going to miss a ton of people.

That said, I don't blame anyone if they kill me. Nobody needs a reason. I know where I am and what happens there.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial Sewers should allow you to turn off being able to attack other players and from being attacked by other players. Some of us want to farm those Tel Var, skyshards and just explore. It's a great place to level a toon. Being forced to go into a PvP zone while being a PvE only player just sucks.

I imagine they would breath a sigh of relieve as the say "Good, I needed a breather. This should be easy "
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZoS should separate the game play, champion point system, etc.

Actually it was marketed as a PVPMMORPG when it first launched. Cyrodiil was the big endgame selling point before any trials were actually in the game. It was the reason why I joined the beta in 2013.

But I do agree that ZOS shouldn't force PVErs to PVP, or PVPers to PVE. All gear should be available to everyone via the tasks they individually enjoy!
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Both. A good fight is always fun, but any fight is also good
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if all it took was any damage and you're in the area you could just as easily light attack or anything if you're within the area of the boss why would you not do anything?
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care anyway. They just like to spoil people's mood and get pleasure from it, lol.

it's a pvpve zone. it's how pvp works.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both. A good fight is always fun, but any fight is also good

Blood for the blood god. I respect that.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. ;) Indeed it is not necessary to actually hit the last boss yourself, but you definitely need to be in the vicinity when it is killed to get your tickets during the Undaunted event. This means if you are grouped with a sprinter and don't instantly realize this, especially if it happens in Fungal Grotto 1 and if they are taking the shortcut and you aren't as familiar with this methoad as they are, you will fail to find the right spot to get out of the water again and by the time you eventually reach the last boss, it will already be dead, the sprinter will be long gone and you'll have to spend another hour in the queue hoping you don't get an encore of this performance. :(
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telvar is a PvP currency and should remain as such. While I wouldn't be opposed to lowering the penalty or giving some way to store telvar at a steep penalty, removing risk and penalty entirely is not appropriate imo.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you, Trish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKGjOE_7bYI
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't realize it, but you are carrying juicy AP points even if you don't carry tel var. Yum yum yum.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    You don't realize it, but you are carrying juicy AP points even if you don't carry tel var. Yum yum yum.

And honestly, AP is of way more value than tel var. :blush:

...They really need to make the rewards you can buy with tel var better.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Hmm, idk the current AP to gold values at PC EU but it won't get better than 5 AP for 1 gold, probably even 10.

For 5k tel var you can buy an Hakeijo rune, which is worth 25k gold so each tel var is worth 5 gold. Or the bag for herbs, or the 1,5k reward box which grants random IC set pieces like PA lighting staff which you can sell for maybe 300k? Used to buy a lot of these bags before the sticker book.

Not sure yet, but I think I definitely don't gain AP 25 times faster than tel var when in IC. I have a feeling some of these smaller rewards from the merchant are often overlooked.
    Edited by caperb on February 5, 2021 7:57AM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hmm, idk the current AP to gold values at PC EU but it won't get better than 5 AP for 1 gold, probably even 10.

For 5k tel var you can buy an Hakeijo rune, which is worth 25k gold so each tel var is worth 5k gold. Or the bag for herbs, or the 1,5k reward box which grants random IC set pieces like PA lighting staff which you can sell for maybe 300k? Used to buy a lot of these bags before the sticker book.

Not sure yet, but I think I definitely don't gain AP 25 times faster than tel var when in IC. I have a feeling some of these smaller rewards from the merchant are often overlooked.

Yeah okay that's absolutely a point, I was thinking more in terms of personally useful, but if you're farming for gold that's definitely something you can use it for.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For 5k tel var you can buy an Hakeijo rune, which is worth 25k gold so each tel var is worth 5k gold. Or the bag for herbs, or the 1,5k reward box which grants random IC set pieces like PA lighting staff which you can sell for maybe 300k? Used to buy a lot of these bags before the sticker book.

Yeah okay that's absolutely a point, I was thinking more in terms of personally useful, but if you're farming for gold that's definitely something you can use it for.

Nah, I just happened to find the worth of these random boxes by accident when I was looking for some gear and got lucky a few times. During these times most of my tel var go to buying Hakeijo for making gear, to actually save money. Hope you find some good use for them as well :smile: