Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dear PVPers in IC

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    They don't care anyway. They just like to spoil people's mood and get pleasure from it, lol.

Little do they know, I was looking to die so I could death-gate back to the quest NPC!

HA - TAKE THAT GANK SQUAD!

Suicidal Teleportation is the best, if someone gets some AP from the kill then it's truly a win-win.

Actually, while fishing in Cyrodiil, I regularly suicided to slaughterfish. Fastest trip "home".
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Actually, while fishing in Cyrodiil, I regularly suicided to slaughterfish. Fastest trip "home".

Same. In IC I just feed myself to a boss.

Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Same. In IC I just feed myself to a boss.

So far, I haven't had any need to or interest in going to IC.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care anyway. They just like to spoil people's mood and get pleasure from it, lol.

Little do they know, I was looking to die so I could death-gate back to the quest NPC!

Suicidal Teleportation is the best, if someone gets some AP from the kill then it's truly a win-win.

Slaughterfish are awesome for that, I have also have a weirdly good memory of the best spots where I can jump to my death between keeps. Then you also have hug the guards technique which is pretty useful since you can port to a specific keep with that one.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slaughterfish are awesome for that, I have also have a weirdly good memory of the best spots where I can jump to my death between keeps. Then you also have hug the guards technique which is pretty useful since you can port to a specific keep with that one.

Yes - by the end of my 4th character fishing there, I'd also figured out those methods. You know.... I saw a couple of other people across those 4 fisherpersons - EP, one of them, DC the other (I used AD characters), and both of them ignored me. One of them fished in the same holes as I was - as I finished the blue fish, I bowed and waved - and suicided to the slaughterfish. She probably laughed.
    Options
  • CallmeSunny
    CallmeSunny
    ✭✭
    If you go to pvp zone , expect and accept to be pvp-d! If you don't like this, stay out of it. Problem solved.
    Options
  • CallmeSunny
    CallmeSunny
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    huh... realizing that I'm a source of pretty decent chunk of AP, not just tel var, explains why some players keep going after me, even after seeing that I have no tel var on me. I thought kills were like I don't know 100ap, or something the way they seem to be in Cyrodil. 2k is a LOT.

need to star paying more attention to ap ticks I guess... or is it lower when multiple people are attacking the same person?

Best to kill solo, more ppl in grp, less AP u get. Thats why there are so many nightblade gankers..
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is a lot of pve players say they never attack anyone... I have had countless experiences where someone who is clearly a pve player in pve gear etc is busy questing so I leave them alone and continue doing my thing just do get hit in the back by the same pve player with an ultimate.... and then they always cry about me being a toxic pvp player for defending myself against them.... stuff like this is the reason why I will kill anyone I see that is not an ally because normally I carry more than 10k telvar on me and I am not risking it with anyone....

It's a funny thing, I see pvp players say this on here to excuse their behavior all the time, but in all the years I've been playing, I've literally never seen it actually happen.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are misinterpreting my OP.

I'm happy to contribute to others' AP/enjoyment of the event, so if you kill me, I'm not complaining. I'm just letting you know in advance you will get no telvar.

It is a pleasure BEING a pleasure. Happy Midyear Mayhem, everybody!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    huh... realizing that I'm a source of pretty decent chunk of AP, not just tel var, explains why some players keep going after me, even after seeing that I have no tel var on me. I thought kills were like I don't know 100ap, or something the way they seem to be in Cyrodil. 2k is a LOT.

need to star paying more attention to ap ticks I guess... or is it lower when multiple people are attacking the same person?

Best to kill solo, more ppl in grp, less AP u get. Thats why there are so many nightblade gankers..

thank you and Varanis.

the more you know :smiley:

that said... I have been known to be petty and suicide to mobs deliberately when blood traveling, just to prevent a player from getting anything from me /hide (though more often then not, I just stealth and travel to Cyro instead when I'm finished with dailies)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I think people are misinterpreting my OP.

I'm happy to contribute to others' AP/enjoyment of the event, so if you kill me, I'm not complaining. I'm just letting you know in advance you will get no telvar.

It is a pleasure BEING a pleasure. Happy Midyear Mayhem, everybody!

Soooooo....... does that mean I get to keep the laces and my breeches won't fall down anymore?
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Soooooo....... does that mean I get to keep the laces and my breeches won't fall down anymore?

giphy.gif
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to decide which of the twenty three current MYM threads to post this in and this one is as good as any of the others.

Took a character from my 2nd account in to Imperial City to get my ticket. Decided to do the Arena. I don't like standing up on top waiting (to much like real world bait fishing and I like fishing with lures) so I jumped down to rescue 12 lucky NPCs. This account I am low on CP and don't yet have PvP gear so I try to avoid fights with other players. I'm fairly good at zig-zagging around so I don't get jumped.
    While zig-zagging I saw a lone EP trying to clear the arena. He was low on health so I stepped in and helped. I cleared up all the fodder and got the bosses attention to give the EP player a chance to recover. Made sure to limit AoE so as not to kill said EP.
    The thanks I got? While cleaning up the last of the fodder the chest appeared and the EP guy jumped me. Fun was had by all I suppose and now I know my 2nd account character is close to ready to begin doing bigger and badder bosses.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear PvEers in the ONLY TWO PvP zones (ok and also BGs were we can't even select game modes),

Cyrodiil and imperial city are the Only PvP zones, you have MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY PvE zones, PvE events, PvE everything.

PvPers need to do PvE quests for rewards too. What's the point of complaining PvP in PvP zones?
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear PvEers in the ONLY TWO PvP zones (ok and also BGs were we can't even select game modes),

Cyrodiil and imperial city are the Only PvP zones, you have MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY PvE zones, PvE events, PvE everything.

PvPers need to do PvE quests for rewards too. What's the point of complaining PvP in PvP zones?

Again we're going back to the where in the pve events can pvers prevent you or make it harder for you to complete said pve quests? Cause last time I checked that didn't happen
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...Saucy should be on the No Touchy list of one and all...I mean...Where does he get that Strut!?

https://youtu.be/6Bytig-oavY
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/TIXq6LHU9IM

Knew it had to be around here somewhere...lol
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on February 1, 2021 6:27AM
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you were on ps4. I keep a few hundred pies on me. If I saw you, you'd get a pie instead of a burst.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

Bad decision when nmy alliance is around. Why suicidal?
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again we're going back to the where in the pve events can pvers prevent you or make it harder for you to complete said pve quests? Cause last time I checked that didn't happen

Some players despise PvE. They can't complete the PvE events without doing some PvE. Some people despise PvP. Thing is they can complete this event without PvP. Your argument might fly if the Witches Festival had a way to get tickets without the need for any PvE.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't always true. Me as a non-PvPer try to leave PvEers alone. The problem is, the players I leave alone often attack me, even when they see I'm going somewhere else. When I obviously could have attacked them.

Which means I die, while I could have had the drop on them.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Who does IC for the Stones during Event? Every kill is worth 2k AP.

See, that's why I feel fairly confident that most of the players who go out of their way to kill you during this event are PvPers, and not PvErs as has been suggested, because I can't imagine the average PvEr caring about AP to the point where they would go around harvesting other players to farm AP.

The key phrase above is "who go out of their way to kill you," as opposed to fighting back when attacked.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on February 1, 2021 8:20AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    16724520.jpg
    ESO has no PVP...ESO needs no PVP
    Edited by Klad on February 1, 2021 9:14AM
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    This isn't always true. Me as a non-PvPer try to leave PvEers alone. The problem is, the players I leave alone often attack me, even when they see I'm going somewhere else. When I obviously could have attacked them.

Which means I die, while I could have had the drop on them.

It is easier to believe in boogie monsters than to understand that it is dog eats dog in some situations. Ps, the camping in the safe zone and spamming snipe only happens during MYM, so I would assume, it is not the PvP-ers that are actually griefing.
    Options
  • PurplePlatypus
    PurplePlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    Who needs these AP? Motifs? Players can buy 'em for gold in the trade guilds. I have about 200 thousand useless AP and I have nothing to spend on them – 'cause I have already acquired all the pvp motives. I have no motivation to keep getting 'em.
    Options
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

Can't wait to count out your coin...

Wait...

well aint this a surprise!
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Some players despise PvE. They can't complete the PvE events without doing some PvE. Some people despise PvP. Thing is they can complete this event without PvP. Your argument might fly if the Witches Festival had a way to get tickets without the need for any PvE.

Sooo why would you play a game mainly pve focused if you can't stand pve? I mean there's a lot of other games that have better pvp and are more focused on pvp.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also by this argument we're back to the argument that pvers should be able to prevent pvpers from completing the quests for dailies in pve events. So no, it's not the same.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sooo why would you play a game mainly pve focused if you can't stand pve? I mean there's a lot of other games that have better pvp and are more focused on pvp.

You see, some people started playing this game for PvP. Some people started playing, then outgrew PvE content (especially overland) and got bored of it, but stayed because they like the combat, and or cosmetics. Many reasons. also there is no other mmo with high paced combat non p2w with sword and magic I know of.
    Edited by zvavi on February 1, 2021 9:47AM
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEers keep crying being killed in PvP zones during PvP events.

[snip]Players are not your target dummies, we won't stand in your AOE for 5 minutes.

I started with PvE and changed to PvP. Try to overcome the learning curve of PvP. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 1, 2021 1:33PM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options