The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear PVPers in IC

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • PurplePlatypus
    PurplePlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    They don't care anyway. They just like to spoil people's mood and get pleasure from it, lol.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TAKE HIS SHOES!!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who does IC for the Stones during Event? Every kill is worth 2k AP.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Who does IC for the Stones during Event? Every kill is worth 2k AP.

I dunno; tbh the only reason I would ever want AP is to reach whatever rank I need to buy those decoy Elder Scroll furnishings, but different strokes for different folks, as they say. ;)
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not fully understand the motivations of pvp players if you think they are killing you for your Tel Var stones :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't go hunting for players, but years of "kill first or be killed" reflexes in PVP make events very interesting.

Like, I can guess that most players are either enemies or questers, and I try not to fight people around quest objectives in case they are questers. But none of that stops the adrenaline spike when I see an enemy player's shield marker and think "Fight? Flight? Fight!"
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I carry exactly zero telvar on me when I go walking - yes, walking - around the IC districts, but I salute your gusto. ;)

- Pie King

*Attacks him for the AP instead*

>.>
    <.<
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Pie King can contribute to other peoples' enjoyment of the event, then Pie King is doing his job.

This does not mean Pie King will begin carrying telvar on him during his IC jaunts.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care anyway. They just like to spoil people's mood and get pleasure from it, lol.

It's pvp. if you dont like being killed then you shouldnt go to a pvp zone.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This does not mean Pie King will begin carrying telvar on him during his IC jaunts.

Continuing to harp on the fact that you don't and won't carry them in IC is completely irrelevant and kind of silly.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SshadowSscale
      SshadowSscale
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The thing is a lot of pve players say they never attack anyone... I have had countless experiences where someone who is clearly a pve player in pve gear etc is busy questing so I leave them alone and continue doing my thing just do get hit in the back by the same pve player with an ultimate.... and then they always cry about me being a toxic pvp player for defending myself against them.... stuff like this is the reason why I will kill anyone I see that is not an ally because normally I carry more than 10k telvar on me and I am not risking it with anyone....
    • cyclonus11
      cyclonus11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Little do they know, I was looking to die so I could death-gate back to the quest NPC!

HA - TAKE THAT GANK SQUAD!
    • poodlemasterb16_ESO
      poodlemasterb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just went to introduce my new char and was brutally attacked. He's dead, they were not expecting her. ;)
    • RedMuse
      RedMuse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Continuing to harp on the fact that you don't and won't carry them in IC is completely irrelevant and kind of silly.

I don't think you're familiar with Jack.
    • nukk3r
      nukk3r
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The funnier thing is only when some wannabe ganker jumps you while carrying a hefty sum of telvar only to die from Haunting Curse while trying to escape in cloak.
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wolfbone wrote: »

Well, nobody LIKES being killed, but yes, you definitely shouldn’t take it personal or get bent out of shape over it! I expect everyone is playing more aggressively during the event, or maybe that’s just me. :sweat_smile: I’m not sure what player kills count toward the event achievement, but somehow the count is going up slower than the bounty quests...
    • Goregrinder
      Goregrinder
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

- Pie King

You carry AP, and are a traitor to the covenant. And by the decree of King Emeric, all traitors must be stopped.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wolfbone wrote: »

Well, nobody LIKES being killed, but yes, you definitely shouldn’t take it personal or get bent out of shape over it! I expect everyone is playing more aggressively during the event, or maybe that’s just me. :sweat_smile: I’m not sure what player kills count toward the event achievement, but somehow the count is going up slower than the bounty quests...

It has to be killing blows, not just player deaths you contributed to. If you have any execute skills. I'd slot them and start kill-stealing. :)
    • Linaleah
      Linaleah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      huh... realizing that I'm a source of pretty decent chunk of AP, not just tel var, explains why some players keep going after me, even after seeing that I have no tel var on me. I thought kills were like I don't know 100ap, or something the way they seem to be in Cyrodil. 2k is a LOT.

need to star paying more attention to ap ticks I guess... or is it lower when multiple people are attacking the same person?
      dirty worthless casual.
      Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
      Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    • pod88kk
      pod88kk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      TAKE HIS SHOES!!

I call dibs on the laces.....going to use them as a belt
    • rumple9
      rumple9
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They should change it so when you get killed you lose a piece of your armour
    • Shadowasrial
      Shadowasrial
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      TAKE HIS SHOES!!

Walks up after everyone leaves. Bags body whispering “welcome to pvp” (shades away)
    • Ackwalan
      Ackwalan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Would this thread be considered as baiting and taunting? The only outcome is an argument.
    • renne
      renne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      cyclonus11 wrote: »

Little do they know, I was looking to die so I could death-gate back to the quest NPC!

BLOOD PORTING. You can do it in Cyro too.

For bonus confusion I like to run up to people and put my weapon away. Come on, take the nice free AP I'm offering. :D
    • Minyassa
      Minyassa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ackwalan wrote: »
      Would this thread be considered as baiting and taunting? The only outcome is an argument.

Nah. Arguing with it is a choice. Not everyone finds it contentious. :)
    • HalvarIronfist
      HalvarIronfist
      ✭✭✭✭

- Pie King

Can't wait to count out your coin...

Wait...
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Linaleah wrote: »
      huh... realizing that I'm a source of pretty decent chunk of AP, not just tel var, explains why some players keep going after me, even after seeing that I have no tel var on me. I thought kills were like I don't know 100ap, or something the way they seem to be in Cyrodil. 2k is a LOT.

need to star paying more attention to ap ticks I guess... or is it lower when multiple people are attacking the same person?

It varies. Generally you get less AP per kill, but make up for it by your group killing more players. Sort of like Tel Var, but the drop off in AP per grouped player isn't anywhere near as steep, IIRC.

The other factor is that players are worth more AP the longer they've been alive/the more AP they've earned. So farming the same player again and again gets you some but not much AP, whereas waiting a while before killing them a second time will get you more. Practically though, its a matter of opportunity along the lines of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." Few PVPers will turn down a target of opportunity unless they are feeling merciful.
    • Bucky_13
      Bucky_13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You are worth AP however, AP is nice, AP is love. Tel Var is a nice bonus if I get a bunch from a kill, but 99% it's just a habit for me to attack enemy players when I see them since I'm in a PvP area. And also getting some sweet AP.
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

Lol

I've done this numerous times.
    • Bucky_13
      Bucky_13
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Suicidal Teleportation is the best, if someone gets some AP from the kill then it's truly a win-win.