The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crash to desktop

• solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we still cannot have raiding sessions without at least 3 or 4 people crashing ; everybody is exhausted, depressed, upset ; when can we expect some fix, at least some infos?
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• Kiira
    Kiira
    ✭✭
    Why is this still not fixed? I crash to desktop like 4 times a raid. So annoying.
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still multiple crashes to desktop on Vet Scalecaller.
    Usually I get my first at the first mob pull, second before orb/gargoyle fight as the fight starts, and on HM for Zaan. I do not CTD on regular Vet Zaan fight. The CTD always seems to happen during the 'run to your synergy' part of Vet HM, mid roll to my synergy I will crash to desktop.

Weirdly, I have noticed I only crash on the first few occasions if I turn my sound settings on in the dungeon. If I do my sound settings outside of the dungeon, I do not crash on the mob pulls. Prolly no relevance, but an interesting hottake.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • NskDen
    NskDen
    ✭✭✭
    Today I get 3 crashes in 2 hrs at Cyrodiil :|
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm we have incremental patches planned for console and PC next week. Thank you for your patience.
    Staff Post
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    8 times yesterday, so for twice today....
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm we have incremental patches planned for console and PC next week. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the update @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭

That's good news :smile:
  • Carbohydrate
    Carbohydrate
    ✭✭✭

Does this include a fix for the crashes?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does that include a fix for the New Moon Rising crashes?
  • Navarril
    Navarril
    ✭✭✭

And, if not for Stadia, PC could have been fixed week(s) ago?
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wil lthat patch finally fix ALL the crashes?
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a normal day in the ESO Time Trials raiding community.

Random players crashing on last boss, usually in execute, and another few hours wasted thanks to a system of game development where the shareholders have much more fun than the people paying for subscriptions, buying crowns/items in crown store & actually playing the game.

At this point you have to wonder what the point of releasing your DLCs & Chapters on the PTS server is when any feedback received from the players is completely ignored immediately & for 80 days afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joK6NJpIk7U
  • Olibeau
    Olibeau
    ✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    Just a normal day in the ESO Time Trials raiding community.

Random players crashing on last boss, usually in execute, and another few hours wasted thanks to a system of game development where the shareholders have much more fun than the people paying for subscriptions, buying crowns/items in crown store & actually playing the game.

At this point you have to wonder what the point of releasing your DLCs & Chapters on the PTS server is when any feedback received from the players is completely ignored immediately & for 80 days afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joK6NJpIk7U

Please fix, thanks.
    Twitch.tv/Olibeau - YouTube.com/Olibeau
    QuakeCon 2022 ESO Speedrun Champion | QuakeCon 2021 ESO Speedrun Champion | World's Sweatiest PvE'er

Olibeau | Breton | Magicka Dragonknight | EU 1st Dawnbringer | EU 1st Magicka Godslayer | 52,710+ Achievement Points (100% Completion) | 3600cp | 4x Grand Overlord
    <Pathfinders> | <Late Night Dungeoneers>
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Olibeau wrote: »
    Please fix, thanks.

Yes, that dc cost me 1000 channel points!
  • poe
    poe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes pls fix ffs, there is continuously something gamebreaking in this game. WHEN can we have a normal MMO that runs at least well for a couple of months
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    9 times today and i've only been online for 1.5 hr.
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU

Minimized number of addons. Still use addon for UI (BUI) and trade addon (TTC). Others r not so big. Disabled all libraries, then enabled only those that required addons. It turned out that I had 5 or 6 libraries at all unnecessary.

From the available content, I go through quests, I constantly go to trials and dungeons. Graphics settings are high / medium. Not a single crash in the last week.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA I crash pretty much daily, at least once (since this past year of "performance improvements"). So far it's twice in vSS ice hm and counting. Will keep it updated. This has got to get fixed.

Update: 3.5 (I had to relog due to 1000 ping). Then I crashed a couple bosses later anyway.
    Edited by Seminolegirl1992 on January 23, 2021 5:51AM
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No crashes often but constant 5-8 second lag delays seems very heavy on certain classes and zones all starter zones flooded with lag. Nightblade and necro characters having massive skill delays or fail to cast. But my stam sorc, dk, templar run and skill spam perfectly
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I crash by literally existing on PC EU.

Picking flowers? Crash

Fighting a random mob or two in overland? Crash

Literally walk ten steps? Crash

It also crashes during more intense stuff, but the point is, it STILL HAPPENS even when you are doing NOTHING and NOTHING big is happening around you! You could literally be out in the wilderness without a single player anywhere and it still crashes.
    Edited by coop500 on January 24, 2021 1:51AM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Dawnbringer ruined by players crashing in execute in Veteran Kyne's Aegis.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultLaconicMartenDoggo

And this from a different group on the same night as us who reached execute with 36/36 vitality.

VEZYdg6.jpg

Any plan ahead to fix this plague of crashes that you unleashed in Markarth?
    Is there any response to this at all?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror
  • Knockmaker
    Knockmaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 3 times last night. PC EU.

Like before, they still seem to happen randomly.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get random freezes and crashes every every 2 or 3 days so not the end of the world for me, but several friends are having multiple crashes daily. Can happen anywhere but is happening a lot in Trials and Dungeons.

This is clearly a specific and therefore known issue affecting some but not all players, so hopefully this will get fixed in tomorrows patch as just announced :)
    Edited by Rowjoh on January 25, 2021 1:38PM
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kkx30xg.jpg

Been to Kyne's Aegis this evening to check out the 'fixes' that were mentioned in this thread & in the new patch that is pictured above.

I'm sad to announce that you have successfully failed again & that we have had infact more crashes in the raid tonight than in other raids recently. We will be doing Kyne's Aegis again tomorrow night with full raid group so will probably be posting another crash filled video clip for you to enjoy then.

2CJbHJK.jpeg
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooo, have all the crashes been fixed on console @ZOS_SarahHecker? Asking because the PC patch notes seems to have more fixes than the consoles.

PC Patch notes:
    q0ifQLq.png

PS4 Patch notes:
    5PI0euL.png
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kkx30xg.jpg
    We will be doing Kyne's Aegis again tomorrow night with full raid group so will probably be posting another crash filled video clip for you to enjoy then.

As soon as we entered the last boss arena with 36/36 vitality one of our healers Crashed to Desktop immediately at the start of the fight. By the grace of Talos and the Nine we were able to keep him alive until he went offline as you can see below.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyShinyClintmullinsDxCat

And after that one sacrifical crash we were able to complete Dawnbringer on Stamina DDs for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iae8zVHYwdw

But come on guys. The hardest part of this game for the last 2-3 years has just been how to work around all the bugs in trials, the mechanical problems with skill-usage, crashes to desktop or to crash report, or massive latency & fps problems.

So many more players would be enjoying your game right now if you had just put more effort in from the very beginning in 2014.
  • Olibeau
    Olibeau
    ✭✭✭
    Kkx30xg.jpg
    We will be doing Kyne's Aegis again tomorrow night with full raid group so will probably be posting another crash filled video clip for you to enjoy then.

As soon as we entered the last boss arena with 36/36 vitality one of our healers Crashed to Desktop immediately at the start of the fight. By the grace of Talos and the Nine we were able to keep him alive until he went offline as you can see below.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyShinyClintmullinsDxCat

And after that one sacrifical crash we were able to complete Dawnbringer on Stamina DDs for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iae8zVHYwdw

But come on guys. The hardest part of this game for the last 2-3 years has just been how to work around all the bugs in trials, the mechanical problems with skill-usage, crashes to desktop or to crash report, or massive latency & fps problems.

So many more players would be enjoying your game right now if you had just put more effort in from the very beginning in 2014.

Nice flex

What guild is this? asking for a friend
    Twitch.tv/Olibeau - YouTube.com/Olibeau
    QuakeCon 2022 ESO Speedrun Champion | QuakeCon 2021 ESO Speedrun Champion | World's Sweatiest PvE'er

Olibeau | Breton | Magicka Dragonknight | EU 1st Dawnbringer | EU 1st Magicka Godslayer | 52,710+ Achievement Points (100% Completion) | 3600cp | 4x Grand Overlord
    <Pathfinders> | <Late Night Dungeoneers>
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Sooooo, have all the crashes been fixed on console @ZOS_SarahHecker? Asking because the PC patch notes seems to have more fixes than the consoles.

PC Patch notes:
    q0ifQLq.png

PS4 Patch notes:
    5PI0euL.png

Guess i found my own answer. Still crashing. Two crashes in imperial city last night.
    @ZOS_SarahHecker When's the next patch/attempt to fix the crashes?
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed out of IC just now on EU and can't get reconnected!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!