Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash to desktop

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 crashes in my guilds VAA run yesterday.
    I was the first at the storm atro.2nd dps at the stone atro and another dps at Valerial
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today:
    1 hard crash. And weird 'hangs' in game...everything freezes, ping goes 3k+ms. I don''t get the 'everyone frozen but you can move thing' you often get before a Cyrodil heavy fight crash. The game just resumes as normal. Today the latter has happened in a group and solo. In several regions and on 3 characters. One of which has every add on disabled except the minimap, inventory insight, ADR and Codes.

I had already checked my end: uninstalled all add ons and then reinstalled one at time over a couple of days play. I thought that had fixed it after playing for a few hours crash free last night.

I have also reset router, ran Tracert, checked GFXdrivers, checked if CPU was temp throttling/bottlenecking (usage is high but no higher than it has been for 18 months: I am not sure if there may be a memory leak? but I am told ESO is CPU heavy)

I also reduced in game graphics to minimum today. I even reset nVidia card to defaults because 3 weeks ago I had tweaked some after getting a decent monitor. All done before I hard crashed.

This last week/ten days.
    For the last few days, I can get a stable connection for an hour or so and then it gets spikey and sometimes I get booted to log in several times a day. I'm in Aus. Guildies in US had the exact issues today that I have had for the last few days: mad ping spikes, lots of packet loss, intermittent skill freezes...and not even in Cyro, just mucking around solo overland questing.

My latency is bad again even through a VPN: over 360ms on the best connection I can find. It had been a stable 260ms since i started using a VPN and they solved the Akamai scrubber issue for Oceanics...but it's the instability the last few days that is driving me crazy.

I suspect server congestion...or more likely, Akamai throttling and dropping packets just before the server, from the traces.
    Oh i forgot: incredibly long load screens is the first sign of things going haywire
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on January 3, 2021 4:44AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember this is "the official crash post" according to Zos. Post your crashes here.
    Reference

Ask for updates here. Last update was in December by @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Just to clarify real quick: the maintenances tomorrow are server reboots and will not include any updates or patches. The next incremental patch will be in January, but we don't have the exact timing yet.
    Reference

My update:
    Every trial we still get the "last person in crashes" bug. Crashed twice yesterday, once in scalecaller and once in another dungeon. I thought scalecaller crashes were fixed. Hmmm :(
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, while we're still in the process of testing the next incremental patch, it will include several crash fixes and will be coming later this month. The maintenances this week are once again for server reboots and won't include a patch.
    Staff Post
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Become an issue for me over the last 3 weeks.

Crash to desktop. Cannot log back in because I'm already logged in. End up having to reboot my pc.
    Also the time out error has become a thing. More often than not it takes two attempts to log into the game.

Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is related or not, but I'm occasionally getting disconnected while fighting Harrowstorms (especially last boss) in Western Skyrim. Does not appear to be an issue in Markarth zone. Occurs both PC/EU and PC/NA. New issue since Markarth, was not happening (to me) before that.

While fighting in the Harrowstorm, everything just stops moving, except my character. I can stop moving, but nothing happens, I don't get back in synch with the server. If I type anything in guild chat, the text appears briefly and then I get booted to login screen, with a "Cannot connect to Game Server" message. I am usually able to login again ok, but often don't get credit for the harrowstorm completion of course, if it's over by the time I login and load my character again.

I have experienced a very similar disconnect in some dungeon runs too (specific boss fights), although I don't usually do very many dungeon runs. Disconnecting on one boss partway through a dungeon does not indicate anything about the rest of the dungeon, I'm usually fine for the rest of the run. I think I had issues recently at the first boss in Castle Thorn and Lair of Maarselok.

cp1800+ on my PC/NA toons.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on January 4, 2021 10:05PM
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    The server again has become very unstable last few days; many instances of my character freezing, the world becoming irresponsive and giving a server disconnect, only to be saying you're logged back in.
    This is both in dungeons and overland.

CP1270 PC-EU
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still getting CTD with no error report window.

Other times it'll crash a few minutes after starting the game in while walking through rawl kha, or a few minutes after starting the game and logging to a different toon.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, would be really helpful in a thread like this if everyone would post a snapshot of their rig and info. :)

I haven't crashed much, maybe 1 or 2 times but only during heavy pvp battles in Grayhost when there are a lot of close interaction and a lot of lighting related effects going off ( that had always been a big issue for mac users when we had 32 bit client, been great over the past few yrs since 64 bit client.

ev6HPvp.png
    Edited by keto3000 on January 5, 2021 12:16PM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only crashed twice today over two hours of PvP. But, that is twice too many.

I don't believe that an individuals PC is relevant to the bugs in ZOS's coding or to ZOS's insufficient investment in servers. We know what the problem is at this point. It's not our computers or even our internet connection the majority of the time.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed twice today on an AS trial, a couple of others too, and that was duing a less than an hour run... PvE has become crash roulette.
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    I only crashed twice today over two hours of PvP. But, that is twice too many.

I don't believe that an individuals PC is relevant to the bugs in ZOS's coding or to ZOS's insufficient investment in servers. We know what the problem is at this point. It's not our computers or even our internet connection the majority of the time.

There's been reports from PS4, Xbox and PC, forum posts saying they're working on patches for it and a producer letter acknowledging the issue but there's still people who will say oh it's your PC, virus, internet ....... go figure huh
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logging in in the morning for the first time of the day. "Account already logged in".
    crashed twice in a single dungeon.
    crashed in a battleground mid fight.
    logged in the evening, opened game from Steam, "game is not opened through Steam, try again".
    crashed in trial.

works awesome.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I had the "account already logged in" happen the other day first time logging in
    But I launched the game through Stadia, which was successful, then quit and went back to the game on my PC and it worked. Dunno if the Stadia thing actually did anything or if it just sorted itself
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed during the triplets in HoF. As always, last member in got a nice little present, the almighty crash. Happens every trial.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, while we're still in the process of testing the next incremental patch, it will include several crash fixes and will be coming later this month. The maintenances this week are once again for server reboots and won't include a patch.

The lack (or appearance of a lack) of a sense of urgency is, I think, doing more harm to ZOS's reputation right now than the bugs themselves are. I know I'm in disbelief of how long some of these have been allowed to go on and that there've been two maintenances without patches in that time. It's dumbfounding.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole group experiencing crashing in Veteran Kyne's Aegis at all points during the raid.

- We've tried running without addons
    - We've reduced our graphics settings to Minimum
    - We've removed all Frost Blockades from the raid

Most of us have outrageous PCS, Intel i7/9 or Ryzen 3XXX/5XXX CPUs, 2080/3080/3090 GPUs.

- Our setups have been checked for the usual updates: Motherboard drivers, Windows 10, Graphics card.
    - Monitoring our CPU/GPU/Mem temperatures they are well within standard limits
    - We've tried re-installing the game and repairing the game

65 days since Markarth patch & still no action on this.
    It was reported on the PTS server before the patch even became live.

Get your act together @ZOS_RichLambert
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New one! Game Freeze after excavation, running to a wayshrine (Eastmarch).
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    My AMD Radeon Catalyst driver software caught a couple crashes, it recovered from a couple. Another application running at the time also reported an "Out of Memory". I adjusted my pagefile, wasn't running one at the time, to system managed. I've still experienced the occasional random crash to desktop. Which may or may not have been a result of anything I was doing, did or didn't do. Unfortunately, I know that's not much help when there's no error message.
  • phuein
    phuein
    ✭✭✭
    2 or 3 a day, no error just BAM game closes
    Author of beloved and rejuvenated addons:

ShowMount           • PvP FPS 2018

Notebook 2018         • Junkee 2018

BestFriends 2018      • New Addon

Target Dummy Tools   • Guild Rank Colors
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    IMO, would be really helpful in a thread like this if everyone would post a snapshot of their rig and info. :)

I haven't crashed much, maybe 1 or 2 times but only during heavy pvp battles in Grayhost when there are a lot of close interaction and a lot of lighting related effects going off ( that had always been a big issue for mac users when we had 32 bit client, been great over the past few yrs since 64 bit client.

ev6HPvp.png

2_3_1_1603.jpg
    PS4. I'm sure that many other console players have crashes too, including Xbox and PS5. I crash quite a lot, mostly in dungeons and trials.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    So in Mid-December I was getting crashes to desktop, like everyone else.

Since the start of the new year (roughly?), I've been getting HUGEEE lag spikes (jumps from 90-100 ping to +999 every 20-60seconds) instead of crashing like it used to. So improvement? Maybe. Almost died a couple times because I was attacking "Target not within range" for 10 seconds and got all the mob's damage from those 10 seconds at once.

Looking forward to the fixes to the problems that must be causing the servers to overload with too many calcs.

Maybe animation cancelling and damage stacking is finally too much for this many players. (;

I joke, but I'm sure animation cancelling doesn't help the situation. heh
    Edited by Syrpynt on January 9, 2021 7:07AM
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed in nSS during trash mobs after the second boss. PC EU.
  • drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    So in Mid-December I was getting crashes to desktop, like everyone else.

Since the start of the new year (roughly?), I've been getting HUGEEE lag spikes (jumps from 90-100 ping to +999 every 20-60seconds) instead of crashing like it used to. So improvement? Maybe. Almost died a couple times because I was attacking "Target not within range" for 10 seconds and got all the mob's damage from those 10 seconds at once.

Never got CTD, but got several cases of lag spikes, few of which caused DC.
    And it's not fun getting pvp penality because you got DC-ed during match.
  • Knockmaker
    Knockmaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    still getting crashes occasionally. they seem to happen randomly tho.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunhold, Summerset. After you complete the quest to release the gryphon and kill the Maormer commander, there are some scripted ambushes of Maormer by NPCs in the "resistance" as you walk through the city. For a few seconds during the scripted event, those Maormer are attackable. If I attack them, the game crashes hard to desktop (PC), without a crash report dialog. This crash was repeatable and happened every time I tried it last night. Simply holding back on my twitchy trigger finger kept me from crashing, so it's not a fatal bug, but it worries me that hard crashes like this can happen, and for such simple reasons.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I crash daily, PS5 NA.

It has happened to me so much now and for so Long I consider it a feature.

The gaming telling me time to take a little break while sending in error report and restarting the game, logging in and so forth. Time to go to the bathroom get a drink, look at my phone or just quit for the day, stuff like that.

Come to accepted it for what it is. Give up being mad or upset about it. To desensitized by it because it has happened so much and for so long.

All hope is lost.

"You will be assimilated” (Borg from Star Trek)

Stay safe and have fun crashing💥
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    so i guess its ZoS standard to have CTD daily ?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The lack (or appearance of a lack) of a sense of urgency is, I think, doing more harm to ZOS's reputation right now than the bugs themselves are. I know I'm in disbelief of how long some of these have been allowed to go on and that there've been two maintenances without patches in that time. It's dumbfounding.

Yeah the whole "We're sorry, work from home is so difficult" schtick is getting old. Nobody buys that when you can use the same computers and networking systems at home that you use in the office. It's simply a matter of how much time and manpower they are actually willing to invest in fixing the problems.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember this is "the official crash post" according to Zos. Post your crashes here.
    Reference

Ask for updates here. Last update was January 4 by @ZOS_SarahHecker

My update:
    Continued "last person" crash bug were the last person into a trial gets a free crash. Ran three trials last night. First one, no crash. Second one crash during last boss and no drop. Third one crash during a boss and no drop. Crashes are continuing. Let's hope "later this month" comes along soon