The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I finally got both of the Year 2920 books I needed (Vol 26 and 27).

I've been struggling finding a good area to farm bookshelves in Grahtwood and Stormhaven.
    Edited by fall0athboy on November 12, 2020 2:55AM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've been trying to find "The Undaunted Need You!" located under "The Devoted and the Deranged".

Where's this at?
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did Scion of the Blood Matron. Lamae didn't give me the Rite of the Scion book.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've been trying to find "The Undaunted Need You!" located under "The Devoted and the Deranged".

Where's this at?

This was added to the journal only recently. My best guess is it’s related to the upcoming Undaunted event.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Where's this at?

This was added to the journal only recently. My best guess is it’s related to the upcoming Undaunted event.

Ohhhh good to know!

Any ideas about Rite of the Scion book?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Where's this at?

Ohhhh good to know!

Book available through a quest "Scion of the Blood Matron" You can start this quest only after recive bite by vampire or player vampire near shrine.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Where's this at?

Ohhhh good to know!

Book available through a quest "Scion of the Blood Matron" You can start this quest only after recive bite by vampire or player vampire near shrine.

I did the quest. You're supposed to get the book after talking to Lamae. I didn't. Is this a new glitch? Is there a way to go back there?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Where's this at?

Ohhhh good to know!

I did the quest. You're supposed to get the book after talking to Lamae. I didn't. Is this a new glitch? Is there a way to go back there?

Cure yourself of vampirism (If you are a vampire), get infected again and do this quest again.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know where the book is in the quest location? If she didn't give it to me the first time...
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know where the book is in the quest location? If she didn't give it to me the first time...

Sorry, no. I get this year ago.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crap. Worth a shot. Anyone else know?

Edit: Just ran the quest again. Did not get the book. Rite of the Scion is apparently glitched.
    Edited by fall0athboy on November 14, 2020 5:02AM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fall0athboy have you already done the quest to become a vampire on tis character prior? It may be that you already got it before. Try on another character and transfer the book to this one via the bank. See if that helps.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not. I did it twice on this character; one on November 12th this year and one on November 13th this year.
  • angelofpayn
    angelofpayn
    Soul Shriven
    I have not. I did it twice on this character; one on November 12th this year and one on November 13th this year.

I have done this quest several times with different toons and have not received the book. It must be glitched.

I'm also patiently waiting for a copy of "Missing Miners" to show up in the Bitterblade Mining Consortium 😔
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    @fall0athboy have you already done the quest to become a vampire on tis character prior? It may be that you already got it before. Try on another character and transfer the book to this one via the bank. See if that helps.

Just to test, checked on two chars, including one brand new. Nope. Nada. Zilch. I have noticed that the quest got changed compared to how it was back when I did it on my main though, to accommodate the changed vampire skill line, so maybe during that change, they have accidentally dropped the molag ball... Or the book.

Note -- I have NOT done it on a char infected and cured previously, nor on a char infected by another player. Only natural.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭

Just to test, checked on two chars, including one brand new. Nope. Nada. Zilch. I have noticed that the quest got changed compared to how it was back when I did it on my main though, to accommodate the changed vampire skill line, so maybe during that change, they have accidentally dropped the molag ball... Or the book.

Note -- I have NOT done it on a char infected and cured previously, nor on a char infected by another player. Only natural.

I became a vampire again on my day one character about 2 months ago, got the book then.

Not sure if its changed since, but can give it a go after work today and report back here.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »

I became a vampire again on my day one character about 2 months ago, got the book then.

Not sure if its changed since, but can give it a go after work today and report back here.

Became a vampire again on my character for the x-th time, did NOT receive any book.
    I know the book that is spoken of, but why it is not here now, is clueless to me 😔
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm trying to find Hail to the Ancient Spirits and Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4.

Hail has nothing on UESP, so I'm figuring maybe just ask that.

Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4 on UESP says "Southwest of Karthwasten", which is not helpful at all. The coordinates are not either. Half the zone is "southwest of Karthwasten"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm trying to find Hail to the Ancient Spirits and Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4.

Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4 on UESP says "Southwest of Karthwasten", which is not helpful at all. The coordinates are not either. Half the zone is "southwest of Karthwasten"

Hail to the Great Spirits is on a barrel at the back of Shaman Ulvoch's house in Kharthwasten.
    PC EU
  • Zen837
    Zen837
    ✭✭

Hi,

Great spirits of the Reach volume 4 is directly to the north west of the point of the sword in the boss symbol for four skull lookout (the void mother) It is on a wooden overhang. It is south-east of the southern most circle in the loop of circles on the map at Karthwasten. I tried to upload a picture but it keeps failing. Hopefully this helps.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zen837 wrote: »

Hi,

Great spirits of the Reach volume 4 is directly to the north west of the point of the sword in the boss symbol for four skull lookout (the void mother) It is on a wooden overhang. It is south-east of the southern most circle in the loop of circles on the map at Karthwasten. I tried to upload a picture but it keeps failing. Hopefully this helps.

That helped, thank you!
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    And Hail to the Ancient Spirits is in Shaman Ulvoch's House in Karthwasten.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can point me to following books?

Orders from R -- I assume it should be somewhere in the Sanuarach Mine, but I was unable to find it.
    Unnamed Mining Journal p.37 -- I assume it was a renamed Unnamed Mining Journal p.40? Either way, somewhere in (or near?) Shadowgreen
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    Orders from R -- Sanuarach Mine - x = .719, Y=.482, on the ground floor, on a crate
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just missing the Sealed Letter (still waiting on a post-quest location for almost 2 years now :disappointed: )

and

The Undaunted Need You! Which I assume will drop with undaunted event in a few days, since it's brand new to the library
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Qethsegol
    Qethsegol
    ✭✭✭
    "The Undaunted Need You!" is now located behind the Impressario where the Indrik used to stand.

wsebli3zd7kt.png
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Just missing the Sealed Letter (still waiting on a post-quest location for almost 2 years now :disappointed: )

and

The Undaunted Need You! Which I assume will drop with undaunted event in a few days, since it's brand new to the library

Sealed Letter, Rite of Scion, and Tome of the Undaunted here :/
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only book missing is Tome of the Undaunted and if I'm honest I don't ever expect a fix for it.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Only book missing is Tome of the Undaunted and if I'm honest I don't ever expect a fix for it.

If we give up asking for it to be fixed it never will be. More attention to this one and hopefully, some day it will be fixed.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen Introduction to Aedric Studies recently?