The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    I am still missing "The Scaled Elves" and "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire". I have already completed the quest and missed those two. I am also missing "Sealed letter" from the dragonguard legacy quest.

Anyone know if these can be picked up now or are they still bugged?

The Scaled Elves - Start outside Sea Keep at the main gate and head due east, you'll come to a camp. It's there.
  • 3KhajiitInACloak
    3KhajiitInACloak
    Soul Shriven
    I saw "Arania's Diary" mentioned in this thread and I came to also say that I cannot find it at the College of Aldmeri Propriety either. I have followed the pinned Eidetic pin and it's sadly not there. I have scoured the entire college and perimeter to see if it's sitting elsewhere after the quest and I've found nothing.

Has anyone else had any luck finding this one or is it bugged?

edit: I may have found an answer! You return to the college on for another quest, Final Blows. The book may appear during this.
    Edited by 3KhajiitInACloak on March 16, 2021 5:05PM
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    Any1 knows if there is post quest location for 'A Sky of Dusk' or if I can re-visit Evergloam?

Pretty sure you can revisit Evergloam, the entrance is far right of the map if memory serves
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    Djennku wrote: »
    I am still missing "The Scaled Elves" and "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire". I have already completed the quest and missed those two. I am also missing "Sealed letter" from the dragonguard legacy quest.

Anyone know if these can be picked up now or are they still bugged?

The Scaled Elves - Start outside Sea Keep at the main gate and head due east, you'll come to a camp. It's there.

Thank you! I appreciate this. I'll go grab it when I log in.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    I am unable to access the Loriasel Tablet Notes in Laeloria on Grahtwood. It appears to be locked behind a quest.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Tykune wrote: »
    I am unable to access the Loriasel Tablet Notes in Laeloria on Grahtwood. It appears to be locked behind a quest.

Scratch that. My game was bugging out and I couldn't open the door for some reason lol
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I noticed there are some new lore and i am unsure if they are out yet or I have completely missed them on my travels.
    Daedric Cults
    A deal is struck
    Dread Lady’s Letter (This seems to be duplicated under Mysteries and Clues)
    Order Of The Walking Flame Ritual
    The Journal Of Emperor Leovic

Mysteries and Clues
    Deciphered Imperial Document
    Dread Lady’s Letter

The Devoted and The Deranged
    The Undaunted Need You!

^ this one I believe is only available during the undaunted event?

The others I assumed was with Flames of ambition (I’m on console) but haven’t found them yet.

• phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daedric stuff is from the Blackwood prologue, I think
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Hi, I noticed there are some new lore and i am unsure if they are out yet or I have completely missed them on my travels.
    Daedric Cults
    A deal is struck
    Dread Lady’s Letter (This seems to be duplicated under Mysteries and Clues)
    Order Of The Walking Flame Ritual
    The Journal Of Emperor Leovic

Mysteries and Clues
    Deciphered Imperial Document
    Dread Lady’s Letter

The Devoted and The Deranged
    The Undaunted Need You!

^ this one I believe is only available during the undaunted event?

The others I assumed was with Flames of ambition (I’m on console) but haven’t found them yet.

From what I can gather, I assume the top 6 books are in prologue for the coming expansion, the last one, the undaunted one would be the one connected to the Undaunted event some time back.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think you both are right. Seems logical. Thanks for your responses
  • Marcelovski
    Marcelovski
    ✭✭✭
    In case you want both duplicates of Dread Lady’s Letter the following worked for me:

First, take the prologue quest from crownstore and read the letter in your quest items. Then disband the quest and go to the location where you were supposed to go and take the quest by reading a letter on the ground (for me on an AD char it is south in Malabal Tor). For whatever reason both letters are different books.

I hope this will be fixed soon, but for anyone not trusting in ZOS this is how you can get both :smile:
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    In case you want both duplicates of Dread Lady’s Letter the following worked for me:

First, take the prologue quest from crownstore and read the letter in your quest items. Then disband the quest and go to the location where you were supposed to go and take the quest by reading a letter on the ground (for me on an AD char it is south in Malabal Tor). For whatever reason both letters are different books.

I hope this will be fixed soon, but for anyone not trusting in ZOS this is how you can get both :smile:

Ech, too late for me -,-
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    To late for me also :(
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich

Can confirm this worked for me as well. Thank you!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Ech, too late for me -,-
    Anne13 wrote: »
    To late for me also :(

... That's why last couple years, I make sure to do quests on non-main first to make sure I grab all quest books and/or confirm they are accessible after the quest. ... And only when it's "all clear" on the secondary, go on my main.

... Had enough "fun" with 3 or 4 books, thankfully, they did get fixed a few years later, so now I do not miss any on the main.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

The second copy for AD is not in Malabal Tor (where you arrive) but at the fork of the road south of Undaunted Enclave/Mastercraft Exchange in Grahtwood (where you depart).

Edit: Ok, so there are at least three copies. The one that marks the Daedric Cults section is in Malabal Tor, two others go to the Mysteries and Clues though.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on March 31, 2021 6:19PM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this and totally misunderstood it and went to find the npc in daggerfall. Oops.

Can the second copy be picked up anyway?
    Edited by Djennku on March 31, 2021 11:23PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭

The second copy for AD is not in Malabal Tor (where you arrive) but at the fork of the road south of Undaunted Enclave/Mastercraft Exchange in Grahtwood (where you depart).

Edit: Ok, so there are at least three copies. The one that marks the Daedric Cults section is in Malabal Tor, two others go to the Mysteries and Clues though.

Thanks everyone. I started this quest and was on the second part of the first quest and I told myself I better check for any eidetic memory bugs and sure enough I saw that I was missing the Dread Lady's Letter even though I read it. Quit the quest and went to the location in Malabal Tor and there was a quest marker with the actual version of the letter. Now I've gone to two entirely different locations for the first part of the quest.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on March 31, 2021 11:32PM
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    The second copy of the letter (non crown store one) can be found even without quitting that quest. Just finish that quest, return to Malabal Thor (for AD/PS4) - it's a couple of steps to the left from the cart by the Shale Ruins.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    The second copy of the letter (non crown store one) can be found even without quitting that quest. Just finish that quest, return to Malabal Thor (for AD/PS4) - it's a couple of steps to the left from the cart by the Shale Ruins.

Can confirm this also works on Xbox, EU, EP 👍
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    aishsha wrote: »

Can confirm this also works on Xbox, EU, EP 👍

Thank you.
    It works on PC (for me, so for Daggerfall, in Rivenspire, Erokii ruins, on a rock near the entrance)
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ps5 eu ep
    Went to Malabal Tor got the one from the cart outside of Shale ruins.

Then went to Grahtwood and got the one by the fork in the road. Below the master craft exchange

Job done. Thank you all ^^

Edited* both after I finished the prologue
    Edited by Anne13 on April 1, 2021 7:56PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now, the important question is, are all of these three "Daedric Cults" books in the two new dungeons?
    A Deal is Struck
    Order of the Walking Flame Ritual
    The Journal of Emperor Leovic
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now, the important question is, are all of these three "Daedric Cults" books in the two new dungeons?
    A Deal is Struck
    Order of the Walking Flame Ritual
    The Journal of Emperor Leovic

They are in the prologue for Blackwood
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted is fixed on the pts as is the Sealed Letter. Please read the patch notes for details, we have to wait til June for them but finally Zos have listened
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    I saw, had 5-6 people msg me after they saw patch notes, my phone nearly blew up.
    Been so happy the last hour for this, been fighting so hard for the last year for this lorebook and finally it is fixed.
    Having a buddy check on PTS servers once they are live to confirm ;)
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one I will be missing after this is the "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire" from Tel-mar-wok (iirc) in Summerset. I missed it during the quest and cannot find it post-quest.

If anyone has found it's location, please let me know. ^^
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    One “sealed letter” is fixed I’ll also only be missing one more page. “Missing Miners” I thought I grabbed it during the quest but must not have.

If anyone knows of a post quest location or has any other advice it would be much appreciated!
    Edited by Uhlrich on April 20, 2021 2:28PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, I'm out of:
    - Sealed letter
    - Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted
    - Unhallowed Legions

I've heard that Sealed letter and Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted are fixed on PTS !!! wow, finally

Where can I find the third ??? I know it is a IC random bookshelf... but it's more than a year that I am trying to find it.
    Someone can help me pls... maybe suggesting better areas to look for ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, I'm out of:
    - Sealed letter
    - Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted
    - Unhallowed Legions

I've heard that Sealed letter and Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted are fixed on PTS !!! wow, finally

Where can I find the third ??? I know it is a IC random bookshelf... but it's more than a year that I am trying to find it.
    Someone can help me pls... maybe suggesting better areas to look for ?

How are you going about looking for the IC book? Back when I was looking for mine, I followed the list of IC bookshelves in the first post of this thread. (Don’t forget there are shelves in your base, too.)

They seem to reset every two days or so, and they differ by campaign. Midyear Mayhem can be a good time to check because of that, since new campaigns get opened, and we should be getting a permanent no-proc IC campaign soon (Update 31, if I remember right).