The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    No, the Unnamed Journals are now available in the Shadowgreen delve.
    And interestingly, I think I found one more book in the Stone Garden! I am not sure it was there but I think it was. Its called Architectural Survey and its in the Houses, Shop and Trade list.
    molecule wrote: »
    GeneralEU wrote: »

An Introduction to Circle Correspondence

An Introduction to Circle Correspondence

Its in the Antiquarian building where you first went to learn Scrying.

Walk in the front door and its just to your left, behind a female npc, you cant miss it

Oh, tahnaks 3 new books in my gallery ^^
    Edited by GeneralEU on August 29, 2020 7:31AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it is an older book, but is there a known bug with this one:

Proper Torture Techniques, Vol. 8

I've searched outside every Harborage and so far I cannot find this book.
  • sunspinner
    sunspinner
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Can you still access the Halls of Torment in Coldharbour?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunspinner wrote: »

Unfortunately I cannot. Seems this book is going to be lost to me.
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    sunspinner wrote: »

Unfortunately I cannot. Seems this book is going to be lost to me.

did you try grouping with someone who still needs to complete that area?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So.. do I understand it correctly that the Unnamed Mining Journal, Page 44. and the other missing pages of this journal from the Western Skyrim Register are only available on the PTS servers for now? Or did someone manage to find them on main servers already? Thanks.

Page 44 got renamed page 42 by the by.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to find “The Vitalizer Fluid Must Flow” under research notes?

I assume it’s in the new Stone Garden dungeon in Blackreach given the contents of the note. I checked all around including the secret labs that I could find along the way and had no luck.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find “The Vitalizer Fluid Must Flow” under research notes?

I assume it’s in the new Stone Garden dungeon in Blackreach given the contents of the note. I checked all around including the secret labs that I could find along the way and had no luck.

Yes, Stone Garden you can find in secret room! "The Vitalizer Fluid Must Flow" check subzone "Refinement Wing"
    Edited by GeneralEU on September 2, 2020 5:36AM
  • YsgramorDovKroniid
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

first of all, I would like to give you my admiration of this wonderful lore and all the books that you bestowed upon us. I believe many of us enjoyed reading and collecting all this lore all across Tamriel.

That being said, I do have a "plea" you might say, I desperate plea for some fixes/corrections in order to make our lives easier. Many of us here, participating in this and previous Eidetic memory threads, are completionist, we like to hunt down every book. But some books are either so rare, misplaced or inaccessible and that is making our book hunting a living nightmare.
    You have amazing community of players and having this kind of issues is drawing them away from the game, this is making them mad and helpless, because unlike Skyrim, they can not additem via console command if item is broken. They all depend on you.
    I will give you examples of most common book issues:

1. Ultra rare books - here I mean horrible Imperial City/Murkmire/Tamrial bookshelf grinding
    - Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult
    - Glorious Upheaval
    - Unhollowed Legions
    - Introduction to Aedric Studies
    - Lord Hollowjack's Dread Realm
    - Veloth the Pilgrim

These books need to be grinded for weeks, months...where is the point in that? Why do I see Guide to Fishing in Tamriel for 35th time but never these books? Please, increase their spawn rate, to match other books that come from bookshelves, do not force your community to mindlessly grind this for months

2. Broken books - book which are not accessible or simply not working after quest is done
    - Tomb of the Undaunted
    - Sealed Letter (from Dragonguard quest)

People have mentioned these for long time, do not let your fans wait for it anymore, I bet it is not hard fix but it will bring joy to your community

3. Horrible placement books

- A Plea for the Elder scrolls in AD alliance temple Mnem is bellow pillar, making it impossible to read. Please put them on top of pillar. It is hard enough to get access behind enemy gate just to see that your book is inaccessible for you. Big hit for completionist who hates PVP for example
    -
    0tkwnmoho7t6.png

Please understand that this is small fix for you but great favor for your community. I hope this reaches you and that our beloved books reach us in return.
    Thank you!!

Edited by YsgramorDovKroniid on September 2, 2020 3:48PM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vegita2111 wrote: »

1. Ultra rare books - here I mean horrible Imperial City/Murkmire/Tamrial bookshelf grinding
    - Glorious Upheaval
    - Unhollowed Legions
    - Veloth the Pilgrim

These books need to be grinded for weeks, months...where is the point in that? Why do I see Guide to Fishing in Tamriel for 35th time but never these books? Please, increase their spawn rate, to match other books that come from bookshelves, do not force your community to mindlessly grind this for months

Oh goodness yes please. I cannot for the life of me get "Glorious Upheaval" to spawn and I've made many trips to IC to search for it over the years!!

"Introduction to Aedric Studies" is another pesky IC one with a low spawn rate to add to the list.

Edit: I thought I should update this to say I FINALLY found "Glorious Upheaval" - I visited IC every day for a couple of weeks after making this post and it finally graced me with its presence. I wish those searching for it better RNG than I had!!
    Edited by ListerJMC on January 4, 2021 4:04PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Calliope_624
    Calliope_624
    Soul Shriven
    Experiment Journal in The Vile Manse has been fixed
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Meesha1170 wrote: »

Yes, Stone Garden you can find in secret room! "The Vitalizer Fluid Must Flow" check subzone "Refinement Wing"

Yes, thank you. I found it on the table right next to the valve you have to turn in that first secret room. Not sure how I missed it.

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭

- A Plea for the Elder scrolls in AD alliance temple Mnem is bellow pillar, making it impossible to read. Please put them on top of pillar. It is hard enough to get access behind enemy gate just to see that your book is inaccessible for you. Big hit for completionist who hates PVP for example
    -
    0tkwnmoho7t6.png

Please understand that this is small fix for you but great favor for your community. I hope this reaches you and that our beloved books reach us in return.
    Thank you!!

This is annoying. There is a workaround for this in the time being though. If you show up and it’s not on the pedestal walk a ways out, you don’t have to go that far, and then reapproach the pedestal and it should respawn properly. It may take a couple tries but it worked for me.

There’s another book that does this out in Cyrodiil on an Ayelid ruin. Can’t remember the name of the book but I was able to get it through the same method.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on September 2, 2020 7:02PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

first of all, I would like to give you my admiration of this wonderful lore and all the books that you bestowed upon us. I believe many of us enjoyed reading and collecting all this lore all across Tamriel.

That being said, I do have a "plea" you might say, I desperate plea for some fixes/corrections in order to make our lives easier. Many of us here, participating in this and previous Eidetic memory threads, are completionist, we like to hunt down every book. But some books are either so rare, misplaced or inaccessible and that is making our book hunting a living nightmare.
    You have amazing community of players and having this kind of issues is drawing them away from the game, this is making them mad and helpless, because unlike Skyrim, they can not additem via console command if item is broken. They all depend on you.

- Glorious Upheaval
    - Unhollowed Legions
    - Introduction to Aedric Studies
    - Veloth the Pilgrim

2. Broken books - book which are not accessible or simply not working after quest is done
    - Tomb of the Undaunted
    - Sealed Letter (from Dragonguard quest)

People have mentioned these for long time, do not let your fans wait for it anymore, I bet it is not hard fix but it will bring joy to your community

-
    0tkwnmoho7t6.png

Thank you!!

A Plea for the Elder scrolls in AD try this:
    Log out near the shrine and log back in and boom a book appears.

I am still trying to get the book "The Year 2920, Vol. 27" in Imperial City, the only one left in IC.
    Edited by GeneralEU on September 2, 2020 8:41PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I have all the books except bugged and the prologue:
    Tome of the Undaunted
    - Sealed Letter

Prolog
    House Ravenwatch Contract
    Letter of Welcome
    Speactral Assassins
    To My Dear Friend
    Verandis's Journal

YCKi7h6.png
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Sealed Letter hasn't been fixed yet.

I opened a specific thread in January (and there were mentions about it being bugged even before my thread).

It's been at least 7 months now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

I opened a specific thread in January (and there were mentions about it being bugged even before my thread).

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Dead Water took nearly 2 years, and Tome of the Undaunted hasn’t been accessible for over 3.5.

How small and rare the bones we’re thrown...
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Dead Water took nearly 2 years, and Tome of the Undaunted hasn’t been accessible for over 3.5.

How is it possible?

Then they say they care. Sureeeee!

It should take a week to put a page on top of a bench, not years.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

How is it possible?

If it was the only thing to do in an one-man made indi game though.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

How is it possible?

If it was the only thing to do in an one-man made indi game though.

They added books reported AFTER the one we're requesting above. Way after. So, it's not what you say.

They are just not paying attention, that's why the keep missing adding Sealed Letter book.

• Zen837
    Zen837
    ✭✭
    Hi, I've been through stone garden a couple of times and have somehow managed to miss Specimen Enhancement Log Four each time, I feel I'm probably overlooking somewhere really obvious.

Anyone remember where that one is?

Thanks
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zen837 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been through stone garden a couple of times and have somehow managed to miss Specimen Enhancement Log Four each time, I feel I'm probably overlooking somewhere really obvious.

Thanks

Hmm there are a lot of notes but IIRC that one is on a table towards the end of the dungeon - you may need to look behind you into the corners of rooms.

Otherwise there is one note that's inside the first alchemy lab area you need to lockpick your way into. If you haven't entered those side rooms yet that might be why you missed it!
    Edited by ListerJMC on September 12, 2020 7:11AM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Zen837
    Zen837
    ✭✭
    Thanks[/quote]

Hmm there are a lot of notes but IIRC that one is on a table towards the end of the dungeon - you may need to look behind you into the corners of rooms.

Otherwise there is one note that's inside the first alchemy lab area you need to lockpick your way into. If you haven't entered those side rooms yet that might be why you missed it![/quote]
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Zen837 wrote: »

Thanks

Otherwise there is one note that's inside the first alchemy lab area you need to lockpick your way into. If you haven't entered those side rooms yet that might be why you missed it!

Hi it was at the start of the last major area just like you thought.

Thanks a million for the help.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prolog quest has dropped now on ps4 eu.
    I've done the quest and still haven't came across
    ' house ravenwatch contract'

Does anyone know where this please. Im still standing in castle grayhome. I don't want to leave in case I can't come back.
    Thanks in advance
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »

Does anyone know where this please. Im still standing in castle grayhome. I don't want to leave in case I can't come back.
    Thanks in advance

Hmm if i remember corecly you can find this Note is you didn't start new quest by crown store. Normalny you can find this note as starter quest in Mage Guild - Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, or Daggerfall.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭

Thanks in advance

I play on Xbox EU, found the lorebook you mentioned in Davons Watch Mages Guild.

3lj1offlwx22.jpg
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »

Thanks in advance

I play on Xbox EU, found the lorebook you mentioned in Davons Watch Mages Guild.

3lj1offlwx22.jpg

Nice, i remember good :D
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks I'll check there once I log back on! Thanks again
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you keeping track of the patch notes at home, the number of books listed as "fixed" in this patch is zero. I would like to say that maybe it's an oversight. Maybe Gina didn't put the fix in the patch notes because someone didn't get it to her in time, but the fix is in-game. Maybe there'll be a fix in a later patch this cycle if it's not already there.

Maybe, but probably not.

At least it makes my quarterly summary of changes to the list easy: Nothing's changed. The unsigned Tome of the Undaunted is still bugged, as is the Sealed Letter. There has been no indication, that I have seen, that that will change any time soon. We know, we've told them, they've said nothing in reply.

I wish I had better, more substantial information to impart, but I don't. I'm sorry. Maybe next time.

Maybe, but probably not.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Sealed Letter? Please! How many times we have to tag you? It's been a year reporting Sealed Letter and tagging you guys and still not fixed? With all due respect... please!!!