The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    I also have the same question about missing miners, I’m pretty sure I read it but it still appears greyed out. Also can’t seem to find a post quest location for it.

The only other book from Greymore that I’m missing is Letter from Skald King’s Agent which I cannot seem to find either.

Thank you in advance for your help!
  • SteinAsle
    SteinAsle
    Uhlrich wrote: »
    I also have the same question about missing miners, I’m pretty sure I read it but it still appears greyed out. Also can’t seem to find a post quest location for it.

The only other book from Greymore that I’m missing is Letter from Skald King’s Agent which I cannot seem to find either.

Concerning ]Letter from Skald King’s Agent
    I can't remember it from in game - but this should be where iit's at during the quest
    Quest: The Gathering Storm, Found in the following locations:On the ground near the Dusktown Wayshrine

Maybe this helps

Edited by SteinAsle on July 28, 2020 10:38AM
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    SteinAsle wrote: »
    Uhlrich wrote: »

Concerning ]Letter from Skald King’s Agent
    I can't remember it from in game - but this should be where iit's at during the quest
    Quest: The Gathering Storm, Found in the following locations:On the ground near the Dusktown Wayshrine

Maybe this helps

Unfortunately I must have missed it during the quest because it is no longer at that area. Not sure how I missed it, I almost always pick those up. Hopefully they come out with a post quest location for it.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bards College Salskop Tonight! For me post quest is where I put it during the quest, so have a look on the walls and you should find it. @Meesha1170

Sister Elras Proclamation is in Morthal Barrow post quest as I missed it during the quest as well. You in the entrance to where it splits into two different routes, follow either route until they rejoin. Turn to continue through the barrow and it should be more or less straight ahead, its on a rock shelf or something around head height so easy to miss. @Walllessfury
    Edited by hafgood on August 5, 2020 3:45PM
  • Saima
    Saima
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone knows where Maxtens Research Journal of the Solitude Soliloquies might be? I played the quest in a group and another player picked it up before I could, wasn't in my inventory and finished the quest before thinking twice as usually they appear close somewhere. I searched Morthal and Solitude but haven't found it so far. I visited Kjenstag Ruins yesterday again and it's not there.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dictate for Renewal is my one outstanding book. Can anyone tell me where it is post quest? It says Greymoor Keep Outer Courtyard on UESP but i've had a couple of unsuccessful looks....

@MRusso89 I see you found it - can you give me any directions?

Edit: Found it
    Edited by hafgood on August 6, 2020 7:59PM
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Bards College Salskop Tonight! For me post quest is where I put it during the quest, so have a look on the walls and you should find it. @Meesha1170

Why thank you. I found mine near The Blue Palace in front of the Mages Guild. I had to watch a video of the quest to remember where I had posted the handbills and there it was. Thanks again!

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys I need help finding a book I miss. You all know that "Message in a bottle" is the name of four different books. One is signed "Forinel", one is signed "Captain Lagra", one is an invocation to Mara, and one is a recipe. I have three, not including the recipe. I searched all the points marked on the beaches of Summerset, always finding the others and NEVER the recipe. I have been trying to find this book for 6 months without success. Is there anyone who can give me some advice, or should I consider it a bug affecting my account? Thank you.

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    I see
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on August 17, 2020 4:18PM
  • chairemasse
    chairemasse
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, does anyone know where the book "Seeks-Bridsong" in Western Skyrim is ? I can't find anything related to it. Thanks !
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, does anyone know where the book "Seeks-Bridsong" in Western Skyrim is ? I can't find anything related to it. Thanks !

It's a part of the main W Skyrim questline. Won't go into the spoilers territory, other than, it is not exactly a *book*.
  • chairemasse
    chairemasse
    Soul Shriven

It's a part of the main W Skyrim questline. Won't go into the spoilers territory, other than, it is not exactly a *book*.

Thank you, I'll look into the main quest again
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    So.. do I understand it correctly that the Unnamed Mining Journal, Page 44. and the other missing pages of this journal from the Western Skyrim Register are only available on the PTS servers for now? Or did someone manage to find them on main servers already? Thanks.
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on August 17, 2020 4:23PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.. do I understand it correctly that the Unnamed Mining Journal, Page 44. and the other missing pages of this journal from the Western Skyrim Register are only available on the PTS servers for now? Or did someone manage to find them on main servers already? Thanks.

All of the books that were added to Eidetic Memory with Greymoor chapter were obtainable at that time.

They are adding some additional books to Eidetic memory with the launch of Stornthorn, those are only available on the PTS for now (until Monday)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I`ve been running silly in Blackreach for a good couple hours, with pages after pages opened, trying to find a lorebook.
    The lorebook in question is: Dictate of Renewal, it is also connected to the side quest named: The Lady of Blood.

Saw somewhere that someone found it, but didn`t drop a location.
    I`m on console and this is my only lorebook left to get except Riddle Fragment (waiting for patch to go live on console) and Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned) which I`m still nagging zos to fix :smile:
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    Ok, I`ve been running silly in Blackreach for a good couple hours, with pages after pages opened, trying to find a lorebook.
    The lorebook in question is: Dictate of Renewal, it is also connected to the side quest named: The Lady of Blood.

I`m on console and this is my only lorebook left to get except Riddle Fragment (waiting for patch to go live on console) and Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned) which I`m still nagging zos to fix :smile:

It is located in the western part of the outer Greymoor Keep courtyard, about halfway between the bridge and the bedrock.
    6gc9dt3zh4cs.png
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »

It is located in the western part of the outer Greymoor Keep courtyard, about halfway between the bridge and the bedrock.
    6gc9dt3zh4cs.png

Thank you, you champ :smile:
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eidetic Memory

The Dead-Water Riddle Fragment now sits in Lilmoth, waiting to be read by anyone who has completed Whispers in the Wood.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how long I have to farm this The Year 2920, Vol. 27 book?
    It's been the 6th day and I still don't want to show up.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Unfortunately, it is pure luck. Also, just in case you didn't know, you can swap between CP and no CP to double the number of shelves checked per reset.
  • Floodously
    Floodously
    Soul Shriven
    The Dead-Water Riddle Fragment now sits in Lilmoth, well specifically it is upstairs in Cyrodilic Collections for those of you that don't want to run all around Lilmoth to find it.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, it is pure luck. Also, just in case you didn't know, you can swap between CP and no CP to double the number of shelves checked per reset.

Yeah i know that i read it on the first page of the imperial city book farm. And what is this book reset time? So far they seem to reset between 24-48 hours from the previous one.
  • sunspinner
    sunspinner
    ✭✭
    Floodously wrote: »
    The Dead-Water Riddle Fragment now sits in Lilmoth, well specifically it is upstairs in Cyrodilic Collections for those of you that don't want to run all around Lilmoth to find it.

Like I did yesterday...it's in a corner, too.

I have a list of a few (eyeroll) books that I cannot find. One of them is "Knowing Satakal" from Alik'r which I know has been around for a while. I took my first chance in the IC book stack room today but it wasn't there. I'm not quite sure how the bookshelves work, do the books change?

"Note to Sir Quatrius" and "The Grandeya Is In Custody" in Bangkorai.

"Sweetroll Recipients" (along with many others) in Gold Coast is supposed to be on the tree stump outside the cabin but it's not there. "A Call to the Worthy", "Reman's Fortune", "Naryu's Fortune" also.

In Southern Elsweyr I can't find "The Good Bits." It doesn't help that the Dragonguard Sanctum is buggy and I can't see my marker.

In Summerset I hope they move "To the Villainous Manacar" at some point. Also, "Naliara's Notes, Day 13" and "Naliara's Notes, Day 18." Finally, the books in the "Untamed and Unleashed" quest.

I have not finished Vvardenfell, Western Skyrim, and Wrothgar. A couple of others, like books in trials and harder dungeons, I also don't have. I have to say overall between the LoreBooks, Google, ZoS fixes, and forums when I'm stuck, I think I've gotten the majority. :wink:
  • sunspinner
    sunspinner
    ✭✭
    Hi guys I need help finding a book I miss. You all know that "Message in a bottle" is the name of four different books. One is signed "Forinel", one is signed "Captain Lagra", one is an invocation to Mara, and one is a recipe. I have three, not including the recipe. I searched all the points marked on the beaches of Summerset, always finding the others and NEVER the recipe. I have been trying to find this book for 6 months without success. Is there anyone who can give me some advice, or should I consider it a bug affecting my account? Thank you.

I've found they spawn randomly in the bottle. It took me a bit to find them and I kept getting the same ones.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This update has added a ton of books, which I have expected to be in the Library of Incunabula section (as dungeon books usually do), but none got there. Instead, they got into all kinds of other parts:

* Mysteries and Clues +6
    A Daedric Proposal
    House Ravenwatch Contract
    Letter of Welcome
    Speactral Assassins
    To My Dear Friend
    Verandis's Journal

* Notes and Memos +1
    Confused Correspondence from Fjurig

* Research Notes +6
    Regarding Our Guests
    Scribbled Notes, Stone Garden
    Specimen Enhancement Log Four
    Stone Garden Dissection Notes
    Stone Husk Dissection Log
    The Vitalizer Fluid Must Flow

* Western Skyrim Register +3
    An Introduction to Circle Correspondence
    Unnamed Mining Journal, Page 37
    Unnamed Mining Journal, Page 42

... Anyone knows if they are in fact in the 2 new dungeons or elsewhere?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    This update has added a ton of books, which I have expected to be in the Library of Incunabula section (as dungeon books usually do), but none got there. Instead, they got into all kinds of other parts:

* Mysteries and Clues +6
    A Daedric Proposal
    Letter of Welcome
    Speactral Assassins
    To My Dear Friend
    Verandis's Journal

* Notes and Memos +1

* Research Notes +6
    Regarding Our Guests

* Western Skyrim Register +3

Some of them are from the new Dungeons and the rest from the new Prologue which is not yet available.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Some of them are from the new Dungeons and the rest from the new Prologue which is not yet available.

Which are from the dungeons? (Curious why are they not Incunabula)
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Which are from the dungeons? (Curious why are they not Incunabula)

Castle Thorn:
    A Daedric Proposal

Stone garden:
    Regarding Our Guests

Prolog?:
    Letter of Welcome
    Speactral Assassins
    To My Dear Friend
    Verandis's Journal

Antiquarian Circle -Western Skyrim - Solitude:

Shadowgreen delve - Western Skyrim:
    Edited by GeneralEU on August 29, 2020 7:27AM
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    No, the Unnamed Journals are now available in the Shadowgreen delve.
    And interestingly, I think I found one more book in the Stone Garden! I am not sure it was there but I think it was. Its called Architectural Survey and its in the Houses, Shop and Trade list.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its in the Antiquarian building where you first went to learn Scrying.

Walk in the front door and its just to your left, behind a female npc, you cant miss it
    Edited by molecule on August 29, 2020 12:33AM