Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests

• Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

So, where the *** are the actual updates on performance you promised? Because right now, it looks like your team continues to make one ***-poor decision after another, for reasons other than the stated reason of this post (you said performance, then made changes for "behavioral reasons," because apparently we're all children?).

You subjected us to several months worth of ***, annoying tests. *** up the way most of us play the game. Somehow managed to make it difficult to play whether one has friends or not.

And now it's *** radio silence in the face of a large change that we're all grappling to deal with... meanwhile factions continue to stack just as heavily as they always have (because who cares if your groups are 12 or 24 when you're used to having 90 players around you all the time anyway?).

And also meanwhile, you guys somehow continue to let synergies be broken in different ways: I can't use orbs for stamina returns, yet other players seem to be able to synergize damage repeatedly in order to make their bursts even MORE powerful... all while I'm not being healed by half my *** group because of your inane group changes.

So. Please. Tell me why the *** you want or expect money in the future. Because you're AGGRESSIVELY encouraging many of us to funnel that money into other games.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    It is all about buffing ballgroups and demotivating players to play pvp in Cyrodiil. Can't hardly make a group of 12, because of them, and the waiting queues. Total lag as the ultimate test.
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »

So, where the *** are the actual updates on performance you promised? Because right now, it looks like your team continues to make one ***-poor decision after another, for reasons other than the stated reason of this post (you said performance, then made changes for "behavioral reasons," because apparently we're all children?).

You subjected us to several months worth of ***, annoying tests. *** up the way most of us play the game. Somehow managed to make it difficult to play whether one has friends or not.

And now it's *** radio silence in the face of a large change that we're all grappling to deal with... meanwhile factions continue to stack just as heavily as they always have (because who cares if your groups are 12 or 24 when you're used to having 90 players around you all the time anyway?).

And also meanwhile, you guys somehow continue to let synergies be broken in different ways: I can't use orbs for stamina returns, yet other players seem to be able to synergize damage repeatedly in order to make their bursts even MORE powerful... all while I'm not being healed by half my *** group because of your inane group changes.

So. Please. Tell me why the *** you want or expect money in the future. Because you're AGGRESSIVELY encouraging many of us to funnel that money into other games.

I'm totally serious here: spend your money elsewhere.

What are you expecting? Are you aware that ZOS did not hire a PvP dev to take Brian's place when he moved to combat? No dev = nothing reformed or worked on in the future. The only changes you are going to get are the sorts of high handed decisions made in the past year and a half by ZOS that just angers part of the community because they can't even be bothered to to have a dev work on PvP, let alone a team.

It's the same synergy bug that was in the tests; they either never in cyrodiil and thus did not know or did know and gave zero crap about implementing a change that upset a lot of players with a bug to boot.

With the utter apathy ZOS shows Cyrodiil, no dev, only divisive changes, and implementing old bugs, why should you spend money on it if they aren't?
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 23, 2020 6:27AM
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please. Tell me why the *** you want or expect money in the future. Because you're AGGRESSIVELY encouraging many of us to funnel that money into other games.

What are you expecting? Are you aware that ZOS did not hire a PvP dev to take Brian's place when he moved to combat? No dev = nothing reformed or worked on in the future. The only changes you are going to get are the sorts of high handed decisions made in the past year and a half by ZOS that just angers part of the community because they can't even be bothered to to have a dev work on PvP, let alone a team.

It's the same synergy bug that was in the tests; they either never in cyrodiil and thus did not know or did know and gave zero crap about implementing a change that upset a lot of players with a bug to boot.

With the utter apathy ZOS shows Cyrodiil, no dev, only divisive changes, and implementing old bugs, why should you spend money on it if they aren't?

Every aspect of PVP except the one they're actively undermining right now is done better by at least one other popular game. And Christmas is coming.

The sunk cost fallacy is a mistake in reasoning in which the sunk costs of an activity - instead of the future costs and benefits - are considered when deciding whether to continue the activity. The sunk cost fallacy makes it more likely that a person or an organization continues with an activity in which they have already invested money, time, or effort, even if they would not start the activity had they not already invested in it. The greater the size of the sunk investment, the more people tend to invest further, even when the return on added investment appears not to be worthwhile.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the only MMO...

Where fixing a window leads to a balcony crashing. Every single patch.

Edit: Now bags are broken and reset every time you open a container, ex. Rewards of the worthy. It resets the search word, it also jumps back to the top items instead of staying right where you were looking at. Way to go. Havent tested Magplar yet, i hope skills are working but wouldnt be surprised if anything happened there also.
    Edited by Mr_Nobody on November 23, 2020 4:43PM
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, @Joy_Division , I'm really NOT expecting much of anything. And to be clear, my subscription ended either right before or in the middle of the dreadful tests, and I did not see enough from ZOS to encourage me to sign back up. So for the time being they are not actively receiving money from me. This was more a call in the (likely foolish) hope that with enough bitching from their (past and present) customers, they will wake up and make changes so they could possibly win money back.

Because I DO want to love the game. I love my guild. I have had more fun PVPing with them than doing any other content in the game... even PVE content with the same group of players. By and large the PVP of this game has a lot of potential and flows a hell of a lot better than most other games I've played. And I never have any problems with needing to adapt as patches come out, because the nature of these games is that they're ever evolving. Overcoming those challenges is, normally, part of the fun.

But right now, the fact that I am playing with my friends is the ONLY thing making the game even remotely bearable, and I struggle to even call the game bearable at this point.

So no worries, they're not getting money from me again until (or if) they revert the group change and make appreciable progress on fixing performance... which again, they still have not done in any meaningful way (other than to perhaps drive away some of the Cyrodiil population).
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

Given that we won't be running any additional tests until early next year and the types of tests may be different from what we've already experimented with, we're going to close this thread as it's no longer relevant. That's not to say we no longer care about Cyrodiil performance or want your feedback; we just need to take some time to consider future tests we’d like to run. As mentioned a couple weeks ago here, none of these will occur until sometime after the new year. Once we have a plan in place, we'll spin up a new thread.

Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.