The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    October 26 – November 2:
    Shared global AoE cooldown with a 3 second timer
    Group size limited to 12 in Cyrodiil
    Ally-targeted abilities only applied to group members
    Global ramping cost per successive AoE cast by 50%/100%/150%
    Regen decrease per successive AoE cast by 33%/66%/99%

Sheesh. Just delete pvp already.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    October 26 – November 2:

for the other two parts of this test i ran my templar ( mag ) but with this last test i just cant put myself trough an 3s CD with an ramping cost too was bad having 3s delay every skill just by its self
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    im having an lil trouble understanding how this is working but if i place my wall my BOL gos on CD but if i BOL my wall doesn't and both are AOE and when placed wall>BOL it is dealt with as so but when placed BOL>walll its not dealt with as so because wall never gets the delay of 3s

Just making a wild guess here but, it appears to me that WALL target is designated as an "area" whereas BOL target is designated as 28m radius" implying it ONLY hits specific targets..

Maybe their protocols for these tests prioritizes the "target" as specified in the tooltips? Just wild hypothesizing here for the sake of the convo.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Wall+of+Elements

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Breath+of+Life
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What has been enjoyable this week was watching 20 Ad temporary nightblades siege a keep, and one old-school dc nightblade murder the lot of them, then again when they camped. Most of them are yet to realise why real nbs are not nords. But jokes and MVP awards to Uncanny aside, stamnb class perhaps actually should have aoes? Like, the one thing that this test surely shows is their toolkit limits?! And no, spamming bombard isn't it. A real skill that doesn't lead to posts that say 'our guild takes anyone but stamblades'. Also, do something about stamina toons being forced into slotting an alliance HEAL as their ultimate? All is not well in 'fixing' healing issues when the stamdens have to run barrier instead of a dps ult.
    Edited by merevie on October 22, 2020 10:02AM
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    October 26 – November 2:

for the other two parts of this test i ran my templar ( mag ) but with this last test i just cant put myself trough an 3s CD with an ramping cost too was bad having 3s delay every skill just by its self

it looks like the only way to go in pvp will be nb with bow they seem uneffect by these test and on the last week of tests i think we should all go nb just to mess with zos
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose another test - Only allow Light and Heavy Attacks with Proc sets doing all the work.

That where they want to go with all the buffing of proc sets and at times in Cyrodiil it feels like that, so lets go there now....

BTW I am taking the **** - I am starting to believe they want to kill Cyrodill and only have PvE and Arena's. I am an officer in one of the leading DC guilds on PC/EU, I stopped playing last week until these tests are over - I checked our discord server tonight in prime time and only 4 people were connected on the raid chat. We used to have 16 to 24 every night at that time. I feel for Lars, our guild leader, as he has to be there every night - It must be sole destroying for him.

In the words from Meet the Fockers..

"Focker Out!"

P.S. If anyone from ZOS reads this - I have spend a ton of money in your crown store (Which at the moment I am regretting) like a lot of people who play PvP in Cyrodiil (every other person has the latest mounts). If you kill Cyrodiil I believe you will loose a lot of revenue. So please be careful with your decisions - For me GCDs on skills is a deal breaker. If you want to remove a tonne of calculations, remove Proc sets from PvP. Hell let everybody have standard sets and let skill decide the outcome.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Performance for this test has been pretty good for me, I haven't really had any issues.
    I had to change my build to accommodate it.

I am very against cooldowns being adopted as a solution, but am really enjoying the game actually performing.
    I hope they take a pragmatic approach and just reduce radius checks to the same net effect as this shared cooldown via a skill audit. I am also enjoying fighting players offensively and defensively with single target abilities.

Just for context I rather play solo or smallscale and here is the build I have been playing this week:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=273776

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvDoor prime time Emperor on PC-NA against 1 bar population. And this is during the tolerable first week of additional testing.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance for this test has been pretty good for me, I haven't really had any issues.

I am very against cooldowns being adopted as a solution, but am really enjoying the game actually performing.
    I hope they take a pragmatic approach and just reduce radius checks to the same net effect as this shared cooldown via a skill audit. I am also enjoying fighting players offensively and defensively with single target abilities.

Just for context I rather play solo or smallscale and here is the build I have been playing this week:

Why even give them any encouragement lol. If you’re ‘very against cooldowns’ don’t say anything positive like you’re enjoying playing rn... [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 24, 2020 1:41PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that I can play the game 90% of the time under the current circumstances vs. 20% of the time without the restrictions in place. That is a marked improvement. It is not perfect, but it is a substantial improvement. My problem with all of this is that they need to get it to a place that it is sparkling because every time they add content performance gets worse. So if we only get to the point that it is playable 90% of the time, then in a year or 2 years we will degrade back to the point we are at now. They need to go way above what is playable now to think that the game will still be playable in 2 years. Over the last 4 years I have seen the game degrade virtually every content update a little each time. You add it all up and you arrive at where we are now. It would be foolish to think the game will not continue to degrade, for whatever reason that it does, with each additional content release.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why even give them any encouragement lol. If you’re ‘very against cooldowns’ don’t say anything positive like you’re enjoying playing rn... [snip]

[snip]

I get what you're saying in the first paragraph, the second isn't what I said at all and is just rambling.

Not all feedback has to be "this is terrible". I was providing balanced feedback, you don't have to agree with it as this is very clearly my opinion... [snip]

[Edited tor remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 24, 2020 1:42PM
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player since early Betas. Get your act together. These AOE tests are making me not want to play. Just a solo Sorcerer who likes to occasionally cast his abilities within 3 seconds of each other. FFS.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Can we have a test with a strict cutoff on "in combat"? My personal tinfoil theory is the in combat bug is causing lag. When people don't die, its retaining info from that fight for sometimes hours. This would explain the oft cited "ball groups cause lag"... they don't die and are hit by lots of people. All of that data has to be constantly calculated until that group dies.

This would be a win win. Even if it doesnt help, at least you can mount after being long removed from enemies

And the tech clearly exists, if you play a vamp you can enter sneak and leave combat super fast.
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    These tests are getting old really fast. I was up for a few tests to see but the lag is still very real even with global aoe cd's. I don't like the lag at all and i know for a fact zos could fix everything with more server resources but if any of these aoe cooldowns go through I will be leaving the game as much as I don't want to. I'm not a fan of wow but at least I can play my character there.

Me and my spouse spend a ton of money in the crown store like many other pvp'ers I think you are making a huge mistake literally pissing off 95% of the community minus the snipers who couldn't care less. I'm going to go explore other game options during these lasts 2 tests because frankly its been over a month and I'm tired
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax, what is the point of putting boundless storm, conjured ward, and streak on the AoE cooldown? You have effectively destroyed any possibility of playing a sorc in Cyrodiil. 3 seconds no shield 3 seconds waiting to streak again = dead everytime. I have one character a mag sorc, and I only pvp in Cyrodiil mainly. So if these changes stick I can no longer play in Cyrodiil? Oh I guess I could adapt, and use a bomb build for group play, or some such, but I dont want to... or play bgs.. boring..
    I am unbelievably frustrated with this bs! Thanks ballgroup exploiters for ruining christmas for everyone else besides your arrogant selves. This is what we get, because of your bs. Also, to Zenimax I can hardly believe this is your solution to this mess, it is shameful.
    So what do I do now, roll a stam necro or warden and put on some proc sets and call it good? Is that where this game is going? Or pay for the new dlc and get some more broken antiquities lolololol?!?! What a joke. I am sure other sorcs out there are feeling this pissed off as well, not to mention templars. This is just too much of an ask this time Zenimax Aoe cooldowns should NEVER had even been put on the table as a solution.
    Streak gets ramping cost and cooldown? So it seems you are just carpet bombing and not itemizing any of these skills on your list either. This is crazy, I mean Force pulse? Give me a break. These were never the problem and you know it, it was always the ball groups over stacking abilities, for years people have been commenting on it, everyone in this community who has ever played in Cyrodiil knows this!
    So hopefully this AoE nonsense does not go through... I just wonder who the heck is in charge of this, and do you play this game at all?
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icarus42 wrote: »
    Zenimax, what is the point of putting boundless storm, conjured ward, and streak on the AoE cooldown? You have effectively destroyed any possibility of playing a sorc in Cyrodiil. 3 seconds no shield 3 seconds waiting to streak again = dead everytime. I have one character a mag sorc, and I only pvp in Cyrodiil mainly. So if these changes stick I can no longer play in Cyrodiil? Oh I guess I could adapt, and use a bomb build for group play, or some such, but I dont want to... or play bgs.. boring..
    I am unbelievably frustrated with this bs! Thanks ballgroup exploiters for ruining christmas for everyone else besides your arrogant selves. This is what we get, because of your bs. Also, to Zenimax I can hardly believe this is your solution to this mess, it is shameful.
    So what do I do now, roll a stam necro or warden and put on some proc sets and call it good? Is that where this game is going? Or pay for the new dlc and get some more broken antiquities lolololol?!?! What a joke. I am sure other sorcs out there are feeling this pissed off as well, not to mention templars. This is just too much of an ask this time Zenimax Aoe cooldowns should NEVER had even been put on the table as a solution.
    Streak gets ramping cost and cooldown? So it seems you are just carpet bombing and not itemizing any of these skills on your list either. This is crazy, I mean Force pulse? Give me a break. These were never the problem and you know it, it was always the ball groups over stacking abilities, for years people have been commenting on it, everyone in this community who has ever played in Cyrodiil knows this!
    So hopefully this AoE nonsense does not go through... I just wonder who the heck is in charge of this, and do you play this game at all?

yep its crazy and dont forget bow skills are left nearly un-touched so mag is dead next week
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    Not that zos or even @ZOS_GinaBruno actually want to hear feedback since they ignored us for so long already but I thought I would come here to explain that after another 2 weeks were announced of not being able to play my characters I'm just done.

At this point contact me when the game has a decent server and performs like every other mmo on the market. I'm not a huge fan of the pvp in WoW but at least they don't put cd's on your buffs/heals while snipers have free kills all day. Also latency is never above 60 in most games so why is zos so bad on latency even on their best days?

I can only hope that Microsoft saves this game but until that day comes you wont get another dollar from me. If the devs are reading this ask yourselves if you would find this service acceptable if you were in our shoes trying to have some fun in a game. Would you give more money?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maining a Sorc or Templar healer in Cyro is just ridiculous now. I was never "great" at PVP, but I could do ok previously. Now I am like.. Wait what?!? Why is every skill I need to use right this second not available?!? Oh never mind I am dead again, all during the 3 seconds my wife couldn't heal because both her bars that could have helped... were greyed out too!
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Maining a Sorc or Templar healer in Cyro is just ridiculous now. I was never "great" at PVP, but I could do ok previously. Now I am like.. Wait what?!? Why is every skill I need to use right this second not available?!? Oh never mind I am dead again, all during the 3 seconds my wife couldn't heal because both her bars that could have helped... were greyed out too!

this week is insaine if you have regen of 1000 and you do 3 aoe it goes to 10 regen
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭
    "Regen decrease per successive AoE cast by 33%/66%/99%"

Even using one single AOE skill debuffs my recovery stats, which isn't what "successive" means.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar here, I don't use any skills anymore. I light and heavy attack from walls if I am not sieging others. *shrugs*
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar here, I don't use any skills anymore. I light and heavy attack from walls if I am not sieging others. *shrugs*

Maybe they're just trying to get rid of skills?

No, I'm dead serious. The game, theoretically, could still be possible with just light/heavy attacks and a single self heal.

Whether or not it would be as enjoyable is a different question (I would not have as much fun, and I think most others would not either), but they could definitely decide to get rid of most skills if they think their existence is what's causing all the lag. Switching to a more proc set style of gameplay, where most of your extra damage is coming from your proc gear.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These tests really sap the will to play this game. 2 months solid of this (when I am the one paying real life money for it) has gotten to the point of ridiculousness.

The anger I am feeling is pretty intense at the moment.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prax3des wrote: »
    "Regen decrease per successive AoE cast by 33%/66%/99%"

Even using one single AOE skill debuffs my recovery stats, which isn't what "successive" means.

sUcCeSSiVe
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the real test is to see how to reduce the cyrodill population without physically reducing it 😂

This is joke btw moderators, before you delete my comment 👍
    Edited by relentless_turnip on October 26, 2020 6:11PM
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this test, especially global cool downs, becomes permanent there will be a mass exodus from cyrodiil.

I have canceled my ESO+ subscription in protest to these tests. If they won’t invest in better servers why should we continue to give them more money?

Also, 37 pages of negative comments about this and there has not been a single decent response from any of the community managers? Isn’t it their job to communicate with the community?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by SimonThesis on October 27, 2020 7:04AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played through all the testing and accepted what you were doing and what you were doing it for. This week, I won't...

I have just played for about 15-30 minutes and every time I cast one or two skills my recovery is at 17 (!!!). I'm wearing a recovery set for crying out loud!!! Might as well go and follow the proc meta...

No fun this way ZOS, no fun...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, before I forget... During MYM, performance is always better while we dont have the tests during the event, please explain?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played a lot every week of tests, but this week I just give up - game is ridiculous and now everything what people are doing in Cyordill is just proc their sets. It's massive gear battle online :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert I wont go into another long post why I’m unhappy since it’s clear that the community managers don’t communicate with their customers or at least acknowledge or concerns and the developers are so far out of touch it unreal.

Money does talk and I’m taking my money elsewhere. I canceled my sub with great sadness today. If you want to know why just go read the 100’s of posts begging you to not destroy their game.
This discussion has been closed.