Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did the hotfix break Group Finder?

• Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno making sure you at least get pinged about this... this really needs to be fixed before Undaunted event or that isn't going to go over well at all.

iirc this is why they made event rewards drop from completing any dungeon, not just a random or one you got into through the group finder.

That way they can claim with literal truth that the event itself does not require the group finder, even though in reality many people will be relying on it to get event rewards.

That is probably what will end up happening, however I stand by what I said. Regardless of the event this needs to be taken care of and resolved as it is a major disruption of normal gameplay features. The event would just be an extra slap to anyone who regularly relies on the Dungeon Finder; Even in its pre hotfix many bugged state users could at least swap chars and queue as that one if they got hit with the vet bug - & would be able to get a group in a reasonable amount of time.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 20, 2020 6:19PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you don't find a group in 10 seconds as tank or heal, just leave the queue and rejoin it. How did you reach 10 minutes in queue? wasn't it obvious it has bugged?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    if you don't find a group in 10 seconds as tank or heal, just leave the queue and rejoin it. How did you reach 10 minutes in queue? wasn't it obvious it has bugged?

Allowing the queue to roll in order to personally test the bug and add an additional report - you know, the type of testing someone in QA would do to confirm a bug ^_^
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 20, 2020 6:23PM
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

In my case, my first couple of tries I queued and went to do writs and train horses. I only noticed that it didn't pop in the end, because I do the same with my DPSs and usually I have time with them to complete everything.

After that I tried with a tank again. I did reque a few times, but still didn't get anything and just logged off.

I'll try that today with my tanks.

For DPS is tough, though. How much time to know if it is bugged? 20 min? 30 min? Not so easy to see if you are in the queue black hole.
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    group finder dungeon is broken for me too, healers and tanks. does not bode well for resubbing.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't crash in dungeons if you can't get into dungeons

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, if you are experiencing long or seemingly endless queue times can you let us know the platform, server, what role you were queuing for, and if you were in a group/solo? Also when you started experiencing the issue would be helpful.
    Staff Post
  • EightChickens
    EightChickens
    Soul Shriven
    Healer, not in group, started Nov/19
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    dont know if this has been reported but having sub50 in group where the group leader has vet/norm set on vet and do random normal, the sub50 cannot enter. if the vet/norm is on normal it works

p.s. the chokethorn boss is broken, he got his head stuck in ground permanently
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, if you are experiencing long or seemingly endless queue times can you let us know the platform, server, what role you were queuing for, and if you were in a group/solo? Also when you started experiencing the issue would be helpful.

Since today. NA server. Healer. MacOS Catalina.
    The endless queue happened for two different alts on normal. I tried vet and, lo, I was healing in 2 secs in vBC
  • scelesticscylla

PC, NA, Healer, Solo, November 20th (around 9-10am EST)
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU
    Group of dd+tank+healer, cannot find another dd
    Pre-made roup of 4, took 5 restartings to enter dungeon at all.
    Started yesterday after fix
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC NA, dps, solo queue! 1 queue of an hour, and another of 1hr and 45mins. Started happening just yesterday (11/19).
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA dps and tank, solo, nov 19
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to all these with problems, is it normal only or vet too?
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭

PC/NA, Tank, Solo, Today

• Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC
    NA
    DPS
    Solo
    Around 4 am EST
    Edited by Thoragaal on November 20, 2020 7:31PM
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Watchtower
    Watchtower
    Soul Shriven
    PC/NA
    DPS
    SOLO
    11/19 around 9pm

I was queued for a dungeon, dungeon popped, someone didn't accept, it put me back into the queue and then I waited 40 minutes with no queue. Logged off for the night.

Tried just now to get a queue, at 48 minutes right now.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Tried with my DPS, gave up after an hour passed. Logged on my healer and got a few specific dungeons after 10 mins on my healer but random is just not popping for me. tried a few re-queues but after 30 mins still no pop.
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Tank and healer
    Solo
    11/20

Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • cibacrome
    cibacrome
    Multiple hours total in que yesterday without a single pop, waiting... Eventually I had some time to recruit, grouped with 4 guildies with me as crown, que'd, no pop for 5 mins. Passed lead and bingo we're in within 5 secs.

One person had to go, so we que'd, no pops (was for DPS, should have been a lot of dps in que lol).

At around 1am PST tried again with 3 in group looking for healer, and it actually worked. Don't know if that's a good sign or just sheer dum luk.

I definitely noticed the bug where random normals had the vet symbol, and lowbies would be locked out even though technically they should be able to enter. Fix one thing, break 2 more, guess that's dev life.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Started yesterday at around 6 PM Pacific

Tank solo (for random normal / vet pledges)
    DPS solo (random vet / vet pledges)

I remember I got into groups with my first DPS around 4 PM Pacific then nothing afterwards.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We had issues with 4 man grp trying to queue as well, had to port to a dungeon manually and then after that was finished we got the queue pop for the same dungeon.

Solid 10/10
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    p.s. the chokethorn boss is broken, he got his head stuck in ground permanently

Has happened now and then, for the past few months at least. Still a bug, but not a new bug, and probably not related.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU DD solo
  • Lerozain
    Lerozain
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA, queued solo for about 40 mins as healer and gave up.
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA (Solo)
    * Tank
    * DPS
    * Healer

All 3 did not pop, DPS I waited 30+ minutes before I gave up, the rest I gave only 5 minutes since support roles are supposed to be faster.

The queue did pop when I formed a full group and we queued, unqueued, and re-queued. It doesn't fire the first time for some reason.
    Edited by Fariahni on November 20, 2020 8:35PM
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA DPS solo

Issue started about 12 hours ago for me... waited endlessly and never got in.
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA, queued solo as dps, waited over 90 minutes before logging off for the night. 11/19, 9PM ET to 10:30PM ET.

Queued with two different tanks this morning on PC EU (between 8AM and 9AM ET), got right through.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started around Nov 20 @ 0000UTC
    PC NA. Solo Healer for random normal. ~30m?
    PC NA. Solo DPS for random normal. Gave up after 1hr +.