Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did the hotfix break Group Finder?

Calm_Fury
Calm_Fury
✭✭✭✭✭
Queing as a tank, for random normals, during prime time: 10+ minutes in queue for several characters.

DPS: 50+ minutes in any randoms, never getting anything.

Multiple people reporting the same for healers, tanks and DPS in 3 zones.

Did the hotfix made today broke Group Finder?

PC/NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To suggest the hotfix broke group finder would suggest it was not already broken. I am not joking as it has been broken for awhile.

For months we have had sub 50 player queue for a random dungeon and get placed into a group for a vet dungeon even though they cannot possibly queue for vet.

For months I have queued for both random and specific dungeons with a mostly full group, always with a tank (me) and often with a healer yet 8 minutes later the queue had not popped. Sometimes when I pull us out of the queue and queue again it pops instantly. Other times it is still a few minutes. All of this is in prime time.

So far I have not seen Zos acknowledge any of these issues. I am hoping we do not have a repeat of the failed undaunted event as we have a couple of years ago when Zos did not read any of our threads telling them the GF was very broken.
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am also a tank 30 minutes I sat in queue for a random norm.....gave up xD
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    To suggest the hotfix broke group finder would suggest it was not already broken. I am not joking as it has been broken for awhile.

For months we have had sub 50 player queue for a random dungeon and get placed into a group for a vet dungeon even though they cannot possibly queue for vet.

For months I have queued for both random and specific dungeons with a mostly full group, always with a tank (me) and often with a healer yet 8 minutes later the queue had not popped. Sometimes when I pull us out of the queue and queue again it pops instantly. Other times it is still a few minutes. All of this is in prime time.

So far I have not seen Zos acknowledge any of these issues. I am hoping we do not have a repeat of the failed undaunted event as we have a couple of years ago when Zos did not read any of our threads telling them the GF was very broken.

The hotfix was supposed to fix the sub-50 in vet dungeons.

But it might have broken it even more.

Not getting a dungeon, as a tank, for a random normal (or vet), during prime time, can't be right...
  • magistare64
    magistare64
    Soul Shriven
    Qued as Healer and nothing for over 30 minutes, I guess working as intended, guess they stole that too.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »

The hotfix was supposed to fix the sub-50 in vet dungeons.

But it might have broken it even more.

Not getting a dungeon, as a tank, for a random normal (or vet), during prime time, can't be right...

Hopefully, it is fixed then. I had not read the hotfix patch notes.

• Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know there was a hotfix today. This is the first time I haven't been able to get into a random dungeon.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't get a dungeon, with any of my characters... Tanks, DPSs, healer... Nobody gets a spot for anything. Normal, vet, pledges, random.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, at least the battleground queue works
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed extra long times in the que as a tank. Normally i get it instantly if not a few minutes. Today it took me 13mins for first go, 36 mins for second, and 45 mins for 3rd.

Something is defy broke
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i definitly noticed the same issue, however i found a workaround if you queue as healer or tank.
    i will leave the queue after 30 seconds of not getting a group popup, because usually thats the time it takes if you are healer/tank.
    so i repeat that process until i get a group, it takes 5 tries most of the time. furthermore if you leave the queue you should close the P-Menue und open it again to join the queue, i found it that this reduces the ammount of tries to find a group.

i dont know if this would work on DDs, but i guess not.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This notion is wrong. They were not placed in a vet dungeon, they were placed in a normal instance, wrongly reported as vet by broken group setting,
    Not letting them enter it as a direct consequence of dungeon instance being reported wrongly. The fact that zos's "fix" reports it as
    Fixed some issues where low level players queuing for a dungeon could receive a Ready Check for a Veteran dungeon.
    is even worse, because (if I am not mistaken, 95% sure about it) players were never getting a vet pop. Nor the dungeon later would be vet (this one I am sure of). And their reported fix just proves they don't even know what the issue is. It is very, very, sad. And no wonder it broke things.
    Edited by zvavi on November 20, 2020 7:13AM
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so tired of dungeon finder being busted.
    Make it a lobby based UI and call it a day...
    Edited by Jayroo on November 20, 2020 8:04AM
  • gongxizhirwb17_ESO
    same,make daily random group finder unplayable.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

This notion is wrong. They were not placed in a vet dungeon, they were placed in a normal instance, wrongly reported as vet by broken group setting,
    Not letting them enter it as a direct consequence of dungeon instance being reported wrongly. The fact that zos's "fix" reports it as
    Fixed some issues where low level players queuing for a dungeon could receive a Ready Check for a Veteran dungeon.
    is even worse, because (if I am not mistaken, 95% sure about it) players were never getting a vet pop. Nor the dungeon later would be vet (this one I am sure of). And their reported fix just proves they don't even know what the issue is. It is very, very, sad. And no wonder it broke things.

It is very disturbing that the issue they were attempting to fix isn't actually the one that has been clearly discussed over numerous topics now - many with ZOS comments.

EDIT: 10+ min queue as a tank for the first run of the day near daily reset time? 100% broken.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 20, 2020 8:46PM
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Can confirm. My sub lvl 50 toons would not port 50-75% of the time saying I didn't have the necessary level or CP. I would check the Group and see it as a VET dungeon ... THEN I would query the other group members who made it in and unanimously they say it shows NORMAL to them.

This is NOT queueing my character into a VET dungeon, this is an error in reporting the dungeon as VET.
    Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    And yes, Group FInder is now broken ... Tried to queue as a healer multiple times, but never popped. I was in the queue for 1 hour on my last attempt.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went over 2 hours in queue. Ended up pre-forming groups and joining the queue.

I did see lots of players reporting they were in the wrong type of dungeon...several group member saw Normal, yet they were in the same vet, with vet loot as the other players.

On a side note, necro BB and detonating siphon bugs seem to be back. BB locks out and can't be cast. Siphon turns you in the wrong direction.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopped into a few zones and almost everyone is complaining (especially Tanks ) about queue times. Undaunted event around the corner?
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there is added pressure to the GF due to the aspect is the new sticker book feature and the 10 transmute stones per random dungeon completion; causing people to make multiple alt healer/tank toons to farm the transmute stones.

I know I have been doing it with healers. I had 4 or 5 extra character slots so I made them into true healers. Dolmen raised them to level 10 now pump them all through the random GF once each day to get those stones.

In addition to ZOS obviously breaking GF, I wonder if there is a growing surplus of tanks and healers (hopefully not fakes) lining up for the queue
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    F22nickell wrote: »
    I wonder if there is added pressure to the GF due to the aspect is the new sticker book feature and the 10 transmute stones per random dungeon completion; causing people to make multiple alt healer/tank toons to farm the transmute stones.

I know I have been doing it with healers. I had 4 or 5 extra character slots so I made them into true healers. Dolmen raised them to level 10 now pump them all through the random GF once each day to get those stones.

In addition to ZOS obviously breaking GF, I wonder if there is a growing surplus of tanks and healers (hopefully not fakes) lining up for the queue

I am certain more people are running randoms. I sure am.
    Regardless, the GF is broken.
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »

I am certain more people are running randoms. I sure am.
    Regardless, the GF is broken.

Agreed.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is really not. If there was just a lot of people using it, one of the roles would be in high demand.

I tried with tank, healer and DPS yesterday. None of them popped.

It seems that some people are getting put into the Group Finder void and just never get matched.

I didn't try to requeue constantly with my tanks to see if it helps as suggested here, but I'll try tonight.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h30min last nite in the queue finder for random as dps
    it was broken for sure :pensive:
  • Fariahni
    Fariahni
    ✭✭✭
    I was also in queue as multiple roles and it is not popping anymore.
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »

It is really not. If there was just a lot of people using it, one of the roles would be in high demand.

I tried with tank, healer and DPS yesterday. None of them popped.

It seems that some people are getting put into the Group Finder void and just never get matched.

I didn't try to requeue constantly with my tanks to see if it helps as suggested here, but I'll try tonight.

I don't dispute ZOS broke GF one bit. I was just thinking maybe the software could only support so many instances at one time and, with a larger number of folks queuing multiple toons to farm transmute stones, the Queue wait time is increasing outside of ZOS breaking GF.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    During Undaunted Events is when GF is under the heaviest load, these last few weeks do not compare.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno making sure you at least get pinged about this... this really needs to be fixed before Undaunted event or that isn't going to go over well at all.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced the very same thing (not getting a dungeon pop), for the past 10 hours or so..
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, tried my tank and healer and nothing ever popped :/
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno making sure you at least get pinged about this... this really needs to be fixed before Undaunted event or that isn't going to go over well at all.

iirc this is why they made event rewards drop from completing any dungeon, not just a random or one you got into through the group finder.

That way they can claim with literal truth that the event itself does not require the group finder, even though in reality many people will be relying on it to get event rewards.