The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did the hotfix break Group Finder?

• Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

If they are not able to fix this issue, then please just rollback the hotfix done on Nov 19 until this can be sorted out. This new problem is much more severe than the issue that was being hotfixed.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553527/pc-mac-hotfix-nov-19-lfg-issues

This is basically when the problem started. As those changes were in a related area, it seems quite likely to be the culprit.

Thank you.

This.

The problem is clearly with he hotfix. Just revert that one. Since it was a hotfix in the first place it can probably be hotfixed as well to undo whatever that hotfix broke.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU correctly formed group of four, usually with one low level.

It happened now and then before the hot fix that it would hang and you'd just dequeue, mutter about ESO quality control and requeue and it would work. Far less common than the veteran/normal confusion bugs.

Since the hotfix Nov 19 it's been happening all the time. Yesterday we had to queue/dequeue about ten times as a group of four before we got in the one case, and often 3-4 times. I've not seen it when all four are high level but that may be chance.

Too many toons not enough time
  • WynnGwynn
    WynnGwynn
    It's still broken, tank and heal queues well over 20 minutes (it usually is less than 2) (NA, Tank, Pretty much any time)
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    a few minutes ago......

random que with group, and queue got broken. tried canceling the que and nogo. tried changing leaders, relogging and nothing. disbanded group by each leaving group, then went to another toon and tried to que, first time failed, but i could cancel que, restarted que and got blessed crucible, yet the story npc wasn't anywhere and could not get through the gates. had to disband that group too. Please fix the que system now, not monday!
  • HeyNongMer
    HeyNongMer
    Soul Shriven
    PC/NA
    Solo queue w/a Tank and a couple DPS
    hasn't worked at all for me since nov 19
    I waited for 40 minutes with Tank on the 19th when it's usually ready within a minute.

I hope we can all get some transmute crystals for our troubles.... If it's not fixed until Monday that's at least 120 that I'd otherwise have farmed.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken, been broken since Monday. No hotfix like any other MMO developer would do.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    None of these issues are new. They've been reported since like February. They JUST now got around to fixing the vet group thing that ppl reported MONTHS ago and somehow made another existing bug even more prevalent. If you haven't already seen event after event fail, you haven't played this game for very long.

I like this game, but the more and more this happens, the more I lose my patience. How do you make the same mistakes over and over and over?
    Edited by ForeverJenn on November 21, 2020 7:49PM
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    So im noticing that if i que for vet dungeon then i get in pretty fast as a tank. but on normal it takes forever. PC NA
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these issues are new. They've been reported since like February. They JUST now got around to fixing the vet group thing that ppl reported MONTHS ago and somehow made another existing bug even more prevalent. If you haven't already seen event after event fail, you haven't played this game for very long.

I like this game, but the more and more this happens, the more I lose my patience. How do you make the same mistakes over and over and over?

I haven't had this issue a single time before. As in, never.

Up until 19th, most of my playtime was log on tanks, queue for vet pledges / random vet, log out.

I don't think I've ever had to log out of a tank because I couldn't get a group. I don't think this was present before.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RageKing wrote: »
    So im noticing that if i que for vet dungeon then i get in pretty fast as a tank. but on normal it takes forever. PC NA

For me it doesn't work at all, even for vet random. I usually do vet randoms for my DPS since it is much quicker, but no combination of vet/normal pledge/random tank/dps is working.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems the mistake in this Nov 19 hotfix prevents any queued player, who is at or beyond the requried level to queue for a particular vet dungeon, to be excluded from matchmaking pool with any players who do not meet the level requirement vet version. Even if that player is queuing for the normal version. This destroyed the solo queuing ability for normal dungeons for non low-level characters.

They got the logic backwards here.
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems the mistake in this Nov 19 hotfix prevents any queued player, who is at or beyond the requried level to queue for a particular vet dungeon, to be excluded from matchmaking pool with any players who do not meet the level requirement vet version. Even if that player is queuing for the normal version. This destroyed the solo queuing ability for normal dungeons for non low-level characters.

They got the logic backwards here.

yea im thinking this as well. As a tank, i que for normal dungeon and it takes like 30-45mins to get into dungeon. I que for vet its within a minute. So whatever "fix" they implemented, just broke it more.

Then theres the other plethra of issues regarding entire group crashes during dungeons and arenas. Ive even crashed a few times excavating. Its just a hot mess right now.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never complain about this game, but...

still no word about what's happening with this.

Losing transmute crystals every day they are silent.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... if you CAN get into a dungeon group, you still likely to CTD after 30 min queue (edit: as tank) *if* you get a pop
    Cyro is too laggy - can't ani cancel, can't cast half the button presses. Also likely to CTD during any given battle.
    The new arena requires you to log out, log into another character entirely, and log back in to reset it.

Kinda curious what you expect us to do with your game here, ZOS.
    Edited by Kungfu on November 21, 2020 9:01PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    i definitly noticed the same issue, however i found a workaround if you queue as healer or tank.
    i will leave the queue after 30 seconds of not getting a group popup, because usually thats the time it takes if you are healer/tank.
    so i repeat that process until i get a group, it takes 5 tries most of the time. furthermore if you leave the queue you should close the P-Menue und open it again to join the queue, i found it that this reduces the ammount of tries to find a group.

i dont know if this would work on DDs, but i guess not.
    Confirm this worked with DD at least half a year ago.
    Say finder has two issues now, 1) far more do random normals for the 10 transmutes, 2) people do fewer vet pledges and normal dlc because so many dungeons crash players.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA with a DPS and tank looking for a daily random, 20 min and nothing.

That is just not believable
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Blackbriar_Thorn
    PC NA still busted, qued as DPS while going through new zone story quest today (11/21). 90 minutes later still had no response from DF for random normal daily. I'm used to long ques on DD characters, but this is excessive beyond belief.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok with a group of 4 we consistently got stuck if the high levels queued and straight in if the low level (30-35) group member queued. Not a huge number of samples but enough to seem to be a pattern.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok with a group of 4 we consistently got stuck if the high levels queued and straight in if the low level (30-35) group member queued. Not a huge number of samples but enough to seem to be a pattern.

I guess @DigitalHype 's theory is kind of being confirmed now then.

I'm not in any guilds right now so I can't test it out.

Looks like they got the logic backwards.
  • Apridise
    Apridise
    ✭✭
    Queued for an hour on dps and no dungeon popped, logged out with a guildmate into my tank with them as a dps, and dungeon didn't queue us after 10 min, logged out into my healer with them as dps and same issue.
  • Reiynn
    Reiynn
    ✭✭
    Still bugged.
  • Reiynn
    Reiynn
    ✭✭
    Hey all, if you are experiencing long or seemingly endless queue times can you let us know the platform, server, what role you were queuing for, and if you were in a group/solo? Also when you started experiencing the issue would be helpful.

Started experiencing the problem now, solo tank queue on normal. PC, US Server.
    Edited by Reiynn on November 22, 2020 2:01AM
  • QwertyThe
    QwertyThe
    Soul Shriven
    Hey all, if you are experiencing long or seemingly endless queue times can you let us know the platform, server, what role you were queuing for, and if you were in a group/solo? Also when you started experiencing the issue would be helpful.

PC NA Solo Tank for yesterday's pledges. 20 minutes and counting now, earlier today almost an hour before giving up. Have not tried before since last weekend.
  • Chimeraling
    Chimeraling
    ✭✭

PC/NA for all of these situations:
    Solo DPS today but it's happened with my healer too. Both CP 700+. I'm used to having longer queues with DPS but never with my healer, and never this long (longest I've had is about 25-30 minutes for specific chosen dungeons late at night). Been waiting 58 minutes and counting for a random normal as of writing this. (EDIT: I gave up after 2 hours of nothing. Gave me time to go get all my crafting surveys though, LOL)

Had the issue on the 20th at around 3:00 AM EST as well (2 DPS, one champion [me] and one below 50, waited for 30+ minutes; the lower level was group leader and put us into queue). Later in the day, around 7 PM EST, my full group of four (I was healer, all of us champions, tank queued us) couldn't get into the dungeons for the pledges through the DF queue. We had to enter manually from the map.
    Edited by Chimeraling on November 22, 2020 4:33AM
    PC/NA: Elyria Indavel, AD Dark Elf magplar, main DD ⋆ Miryne Elinith, DC Dark Elf nightblade, main healer ⋆ Sayani al-Elinhir, DC Redguard DK, main tank
    PC/EU: Elyria Indavel, AD Dark Elf magplar, main DD ⋆ Rivani Andaryn, EP Dark Elf warden, main healer ⋆ Nolinawen, AD High Elf sorcerer, main tank

"For the Queen!"
  • LionsX
    LionsX
    Soul Shriven
    I just came back after being away from the game for spring, summer, and fall. I rolled a healer specifically for running dungeons. After reading the comments here about the continued decline in the state of the game I'm thinking that was a waste of just about $20 CAD (I can't imagine coming back to the game and having everything in my crafting bag in my bank/inventory). I got one weekend of decent gameplay and since November 19 I have not been able to queue on PC NA for a healer at all. Well... less than 3 weeks for the next RPG.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did managed to get 2 groups today. Both as tanks for random VET and both took 5 minutes.

Still really frustrating, though.

Before the hotfix I could farm 40 stones in 1 hour with 4 tanks.

Now I can barely get 10.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my guild ALL roles are getting endless Queues. Also, we are still crashing in multiple dungons where we all have to reboot our PCs this is VERY FRUSTRATING. Including but not limited to CoH2, Fungal 2, Sewers 2 and others. FREEZES ALL PC ACTIVITY cant even get to task manager to stop ESO have to reboot!
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank and DPS duo queue for a specific DLC dungeon. After waiting with no pop, we just duo'd the dungeon. Finished the dungeon and queue still didn't pop.

PC NA
    Edited by CrashTest on November 22, 2020 5:07AM
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RageKing wrote: »

For me it takes forever for vet and normal as tank. That's how I know queue is really borked - when my tank queues aren't instant.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker any chance of a rollback of the hotfix that seemed to have caused this? Or a fix to that hotfix coming with the patch on the 23rd? ^_^
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 22, 2020 6:12AM