The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

stefj68
stefj68
✭✭✭✭✭
like the title said, loading my 1st werewolf toon, skill werewolf transformation at rank 1, when it was maxxed and morphed to a new one
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same for my second werewolf skilled werewolf transformation at rank 1, no progresssion, when it was maxed, and morphed was maxxed and picked... not sure what was fixed... checking 3rd... of 7
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Made a bug report thread. Maybe they will fix it...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553050/werewolf-still-at-base-morph-no-skill-points-refunded#latest

Edit: Also, I am missing 1 skill point that was placed in WW ulti morph :/
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 16, 2020 1:30PM
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loading my 3rd character, werewolf transformation is resetted at rank 1, and no progression preserved or antyhing... what did your guys fixed?
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loading my 4th character, werewolf transformation at rank1, no progression preserved, no skill points refuneded, wonder if the patch was pushed at all... :( guess another 2 weeks before a fix cause of the stadia deal...
    #disappointed, only thing i like to do is solo farming in werewolf, that event was bored cause i wasnt in werewolf... grrrr
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not expect the skill to have its progress reset to where it was before the bug, since that would require checking old character states, but the skill point needs to be refunded. That’s not something we can just grind back on our own. (Yes, most people will be able to get another skill point somewhere, but they won’t be able to get the one that was lost without a proper fix, lowering their total possible skill points permanently.)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I would not expect the skill to have its progress reset to where it was before the bug, since that would require checking old character states, but the skill point needs to be refunded. That’s not something we can just grind back on our own. (Yes, most people will be able to get another skill point somewhere, but they won’t be able to get the one that was lost without a proper fix, lowering their total possible skill points permanently.)

Well, obviously you dont do this kind of stuff manually on all accounts. This is why database is there for. It is kinda like Excel Spreadsheet.
    You just run a script that compares old values to new values, and then you know what to alter - also via script / batch. It is all automatic. It should not be huge amount of work tbh.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not expect the skill to have its progress reset to where it was before the bug,

ESO staff specifically said it would be.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/

"If you have lost any skill points, they will automatically be returned to your account during the maintenance for patch v5.2.6, currently scheduled for Nov 16"

Now the problem here is that ZOS have yet again not said anything useful or updated their status, or maintained any status page properly so the community has no idea
    - If it fixed most people but not all
    - If they had to push it forward to 6.2.7
    - If they just got it wrong again and didn't test anything properly - again

I guess everyone has to open a ticket until ZOS can give some kind of sensible answer as to what went wrong this time.

@Tommy_The_Gun There are even client side addons that can work out what skill points you should have (eg Urich's Skill Point Finder) so I agree entirely this is not rocket science

Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharing my report here since the other thread was locked. I have also not been refunded my original skill point for the morph, here is a screenshot of the day the bug was introduced, taken on the 2nd November 2020, and the screenshot I took today on 16th November 2020, to show that there is no change.
    FX5KD0D.png
    Truuefo.png

Also, I have 7 werewolf characters, will all their individual skill points be refunded?

One other issue, someone said to open a ticket about the skill points I was missing, however, I am unable to open a ticket on the support page and from within game, all that happens is a feedback report is sent, which as stated on the website "will not receive a direct response", so I am unable to create an open ticket that can be responded to with this bug.

EDIT: Adding information as per Gina's response above, which appeared as I was typing this reply.
    UserID: @Glaiceana
    EU server. It seems it has not affected all of my characters somehow. So it is just these 3: Ithaera, Rothelnog, Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken.
    Edited by Glaiceana on November 17, 2020 1:08AM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my WW ult is fixed (I morphed it and it's not resetting to base version after relog/zone change). My lost skill points are refunded (calculated them with some help from USPF and SpentSkillPoints addons). Guess I'm in the minority here.

Screenshot of USPF and skills windows:
    AZG85m9.png

edit:
    Like @Tommy_The_Gun mentioned below, whole WW tree should cost 20 points (or 19 with unmorphed ult) - both Devour and base version of the ult are free. So yeah, I'm missing one skill point as well. SpentSkillPoints should show 19 points instead of 20 on my screenshot.
    Edited by perfiction on November 16, 2020 4:35PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My character: Luke Flamesword, @Luke_Flamesword, PC_EU - still missing 2 or 3 points
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on November 16, 2020 3:32PM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with Soul Trap. It has reverted itself down to its base version and I'm missing a few skill points due to it.

Character: Har'rok
    UserID: @HatchetHaro
    Server: PC/NA
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Missing 1 skill point from the WW ulti morph (I had Pack Leader before Markarth update).

Character: Dreekus
    UserID: @TommyTheGun
    Server: PC / EU
  • CheccoZ
    CheccoZ
    Soul Shriven

Character: Mourn In Wood
    UserID: @CheccoZ
    Server: PC / EU

Missing from 2 to 3 skill point since previous patch. I haven't tested if the Ultimate now works, I'm too afraid to lose more points
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭

Missing one skill point from soul trap morph

Character: Silnarya
    UserID: @Aionna
    Server: PC/EU
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    werewolf skill points not refunded

Character: Tiny Tina z Trojmiasta
    UserID: @GeneralEU
  • WarlockTiger
    WarlockTiger
    Soul Shriven
    Missing skill points from werewolf skill morph

Characters: Fenris Black (3 skill points), Severius Draconis (1 skill point), Silvurr (1 skill point)
    UserID: @WarlockTiger
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would not expect the skill to have its progress reset to where it was before the bug,

ESO staff specifically said it would be.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/

"If you have lost any skill points, they will automatically be returned to your account during the maintenance for patch v5.2.6, currently scheduled for Nov 16"

Now the problem here is that ZOS have yet again not said anything useful or updated their status, or maintained any status page properly so the community has no idea
    - If it fixed most people but not all
    - If they had to push it forward to 6.2.7
    - If they just got it wrong again and didn't test anything properly - again

I guess everyone has to open a ticket until ZOS can give some kind of sensible answer as to what went wrong this time.

@Tommy_The_Gun There are even client side addons that can work out what skill points you should have (eg Urich's Skill Point Finder) so I agree entirely this is not rocket science

I just logged into mine on PC-NA and didn't see the skillpoint refunded either. I'm not bothering posting my deets as I'm pretty much not expecting much of a fix for another two weeks. When they said that and then turned around to say that the fix only was intended to stop it from remorphing without the skillpoint refund, it's clear that any information I give anyway will be just as ignored as the rest of the feedback from the past two weeks.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the status of missing points from the soul trap and whatever else other bugged morphs?

I myself don't have the faintest idea about how many if any skill points I've lost because I've been mostly collecting skill points with my crafter in progress and have avoided touching of my WW chars or soul skills. Of course I did log in every char to add their bound items in collection before I knew of the bug.
    Edited by rpa on November 16, 2020 4:19PM
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I lost about 3 skill points first because I wasn't aware of the bug then because I thought the bug was fixed, as of now no skill points were refunded

Character: Redsaaryn
    UserID: @redsaaryn
    Server: PC / NA

Edited by redsaaryn on November 16, 2020 5:51PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    Well, my WW ult is fixed (I morphed it and it's not resetting to base version after relog/zone change). My lost skill points are refunded (calculated them with some help from USPF and SpentSkillPoints addons). Guess I'm in the minority here.

Screenshot of USPF and skills windows:
    AZG85m9.png
    I also checked with those addon and mine says that I have 20 skill point placed into WW skill line.
    This is probably the correct amount as you dont need skill point for base WW ulti morph & devour passive - Those come free (unlocked) as you unlock WW skill line.

But that still does not change the fact that in fact I have 19 skill points placed into WW. The addon says 20. And that means I am missing one. I have levelled WW ulit back to stage 4, hoping that maybe, just maybe if I log-off & log in, then it will morph istself back to what it was before Markarth. But no, the game say that I can chose a morph & spend 1 skill point. And if I do so, I will have 21 skill points spend on WW skill line, with max being 20.

In other words - I am missing a skill point, and probably you are missing one too since addon shows incorrect values.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here.
    And my soul trap also remains unmorphed lvl 1. Used to be consuming trap and all morphs max level on all skills.
    Dont think I recieved any skill points either? What is the maximium amount of points at the moment? Think I can reset at shrine to check that. PC EU. Same problem on several characters.
    User ID: @Sinolai
    Characters:
    Sorc - Andreas Moorton - Both Soul Trap and WW ult unmorphed lvl 1, affected by both bugs.
    Temp - Alain Moorton - Packleader lvl 4, Consuming Trap lvl 4. All morphs as they should. Unaffected by the bug.
    NB - Samuel Moorton - Both Soul Trap and WW ult unmorphed, WW ult lvl 1, Soul Trap now unmorphed lvl 4 becouse I have actively used it as a DoT
    DK - Thomas Moorton - WW unmorphed lvl 4, Consuming trap morphed lvl 1. Not sure if affected....think he used to be WW Berserker
    Warden - Sebastian Moorton - WW umorphed lvl 4, Consuming Trap morphed lvl 4. Not affected?
    Necro - Valerian Moorton - WW ult unmorphed lvl 4 but not ready to morph, Consuming Trap morphed lvl 4. Dont think it is affected
    Sorc - Nuka-Do M'rtoon - WW ult unmorphed lvl 1, Soul Trap Unmorphed lvl 4 but has been actively using it. Affected by both bugs
    Necro - Corag Gro-Morkul - not a WW, Consuming Trap lvl 4. Not Affected
    DK - Tztok-Jad - not a WW, soul trap unmorphed lvl 4 and have not been actively using it. Don't think it is affected?
    NB - Yt-Hurkot - not a WW, Soul Trap unmorphed lvl 4 and have not been actively using it. Don't think it is affected?
    Templar - Arvis Ra'athim - Not a WW, Soul Trap umorphed lvl 4. Don't think it is affected.
    Warden - Idõ Böwalot - Not a WW, Soul Trap unmorphed lvl 4. Dont think it is affected.

Edited by Sinolai on November 16, 2020 5:20PM
  • WolfJHavocb14_ESO

Hey Gina, I logged in this morning and had no refund. I was expecting 2 points refunded on my character Wolf J Havoc, @WolfJHavoc on NA. When I saw my WW had bugged out (1st lost skill point) I had remorphed it and later lost that morph point as well (2nd). If I remember correctly that all happened on the day of the Markarth patch. Hopefully this helps!

Edited by WolfJHavocb14_ESO on November 16, 2020 4:25PM
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    Same here... no changes whatsoever. My WW ultimate is still at level zero in my main character and no skill point has been refunded.

userID: cnyanes
    Character: Cin'onyx
    PC NA

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words - I am missing a skill point, and probably you are missing one too since addon shows incorrect values.

Now I have 21 points in WW tree (because I morphed the ult to check if it's working, I didn't have it while taking screenshot), but it's good ammount, so everything is fine here. Ult = 2 points, skills = 10 points, passives = 9 points (Devour is free).

edit:
    Indeed you are right, base WW ult and devour should be free. I currently have 21 points dumped into WW according to addons (morphed the ult) while it should be 20.

So yeah, I'm joining the people who didn't get skill points back, my math was just wrong. XD
    PC EU, ID: @Perfiction, character name: Hlodlar Bear-Arm
    Edited by perfiction on November 16, 2020 6:47PM
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Templar is affected, @Digiman NA server. Its annoying since I lost more then one before realizing it was bugged for soul trap. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Digiman on November 16, 2020 4:34PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »

Now I have 21 points in WW tree (because I morphed the ult to check if it's working, I didn't have it while taking screenshot), but it's good ammount, so everything is fine here. Ult = 2 points, skills = 10 points, passives = 9 points (Devour is free).
    Ult is only 1 point (for the morph) as you get base ultimate free (unlocked) when you unlock the Werewolf Skill line.
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Just assume you'll never get your skillpoint(s) back. This is not the first time they've fubbed werewolf, and lost skill points, never to return them. I wish you luck with your tickets, but don't get your hopes up.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And tbh. just to think ZOS could simply "give" 3 skill points to all players across the board - no matter if the lost some or not. I mean what would ZOS lose if they did so ?

Simplest solution ever. Every one would be happy.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't even loaded up my WW even to check Hireling Mails since Markarth went live. Guess I'll be waiting another two dang weeks.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle