Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—November 2020"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
ozexok5ljp4t.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase—November 2020"

Gear up to explore the Reach and host all-new houseguests with an incredible selection of collectibles coming to the Crown Store in November!
Staff Post
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! We need moooar Reach stuff! :love:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The great dark stag is completely Black right? Cause in the picture appear some purple patches.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad to see that the Brassy Assassin personality and Morag Tong costume are returning to the Crown store! :love:

Also happy new house guests continue to be released! I’m curious to see what Deras Arelas’s dialogue and animations are and hope to see even more Elven and Khajiit houseguests soon! o:)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 30, 2020 10:58PM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing I especially want this time around. Maybe I'll treat myself to some nice crown furniture, instead. I have had my eye on the hearth that comes with that New Life Festival furnishing pack for a while...

Edit: I tell you what, though. I just reviewed the past costs for the furnishing pack and the hearth itself, and that ESO Plus discount had better be good or I may not spend any of my crowns this month. Hahaha...
    Edited by opaj on October 30, 2020 6:08PM
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit. Releasing. Crown Gem. Exclusives.
    Edited by Scion_of_Yggdrasil on October 30, 2020 7:04PM
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    This is VERY important: Will the Sovengarde PONY GUAR be for sale too? @ZOS_SarahHecker I am saving crowns for this and got the BIG MAMA matching guar mount. I'd very, very, very much like to give you my money for the guar but I do not see it and I'm trying to be a big baby and cry.

Please.

I need more guar.

<3
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* and NOT cry....
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leighlaa wrote: »
    This is VERY important: Will the Sovengarde PONY GUAR be for sale too? @ZOS_SarahHecker I am saving crowns for this and got the BIG MAMA matching guar mount. I'd very, very, very much like to give you my money for the guar but I do not see it and I'm trying to be a big baby and cry.

Please.

I need more guar.

<3

Hey! We're doing one pet a week so unfortunately, the guar didn't fit this month. It will be making an appearance in December though!
    Staff Post
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    Oh excellent!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the reply! I need all the guar in my life you see :)
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that you guys are strongly considering releasing new hairstyles in the coming weeks/months. There are still several that so many of us want such as Veya's hair, Unruly Bangs, Mid-parted shoulder-length & Short Mussed Wave, just to name a few. I feel like those would be some of the best sellers in the crown store in a long time. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about any of the items that will be available this month to be perfectly honest.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hair_Styles#Unreleased
    Edited by JazzyNova on October 30, 2020 10:57PM
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    Is Personality bought from Crown Store applicable account wide or only to one toon?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    belfong wrote: »
    Is Personality bought from Crown Store applicable account wide or only to one toon?

@belfong
    Personalities go into 'collections' to be used by any character on that account.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Hippie4927 . I have a male toon, then I should buy the Personality for that one day when I will have a female toon. Thanks.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that you guys are strongly considering releasing new hairstyles in the coming weeks/months. There are still several that so many of us want such as Veya's hair, Unruly Bangs, Mid-parted shoulder-length & Short Mussed Wave, just to name a few. I feel like those would be some of the best sellers in the crown store in a long time. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about any of the items that will be available this month to be perfectly honest.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hair_Styles#Unreleased

+1 for this! I need Short Mussed Wave in my life. Still weird that that one made it as far as PTS ages ago, and then... nothing. And yet, we still get taunted with it in promo shots and on NPCs: That one dude in the promos for Greymoor wearing Sea Giant light armor had that style, and he also was the model for the violin emote in the last set of crates. And the female model for the new Xoleel scale in this round has that elven style that we still don't have a name for.

We've got a whole list we're looking for, and we only got one of them so far:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/478490/list-of-hairstyles-still-unavailable-to-players/p1
    ...to say nothing of the hairstyles that have been removed from the crown store since 2017 or so like Heroic Poet...

In terms of this month, I'm excited to see Brassy Assassin back, but I feel like it usually comes with something else (oh boy, another excuse to talk about hairstyles that are missing). Doesn't help that the Chaurus Egg Chaser mount model is wearing Adorable Assassin, as is a woman in the background of Hroltar's pic. Come on ZOS, if you're gonna tease us with these hairstyles in promo pics, at least make them available at some point in the near future.

I was hoping that we'd get Hunter's Glade since it sat the month of October out, but I guess we'll have to wait until next year for that. Ah well.

And since we've got the Undaunted Celebration coming up, I'd like to see some Monster Arms pack returns. I'd really like to get Ilambris, but that's been gone since way before I started playing. Sure we had the opal style last year and we'll get different opals this round, but I'd like to have the dyeable, orange flame version. Now that we've had 25 out of 40 possible sets, can they start making like the crates and come back for little stints every so often? Like maybe a weekend of a returning set every month and a half or so?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can quite confidently say this is the worst showcase this year... why can’t we get NEW stuff which isn’t all housing related instead of stuff that’s been released before? There’s plenty of Costumes in the game which NPCs are wearing but players don’t have them yet because you keep releasing the same old stuff...
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking for that short men's haircut that the Thieves Guild leader wears for one of my chars, the lady in Hews Bane. Even though it's a boy cut, she has it. Could you guys add that one for ladies?
    Edited by radiostar on October 31, 2020 6:16PM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by radiostar on October 31, 2020 6:16PM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    So glad to see that the Brassy Assassin personality and Morag Tong costume are returning to the Crown store! :love:

Also happy new house guests continue to be released! I’m curious to see what Deras Arelas’s dialogue and animations are and hope to see even more Elven and Khajiit houseguests soon! o:)

I've been waiting for brassy assassin and the morag tong costume since I got into ESO over a year ago. Disappointed the Adorable Assassin hair is not up this month though. Will have to settle for 2 out of 3 for now :(
  • Azmodan
    Azmodan
    ✭✭
    I am waiting for doctrine ordinator arms pack from september data mining.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ws3W2iFNXw
    Anyone knows when it will be available?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After extremely boring daily rewards, it was pleasant surprise to see Auroran Penumbra Wolf released this month :) I was very curious to see it in game, and I couldn't wait to check if it has nice effects :D I was pleasantly surprised:

https://youtu.be/cWMuqoajmT4

They used voice with slight echo, same as Psijic mounts have. It's better than simple animal voice, but not perfect :/ I still wait for some ghostly mount who will have ghostly voice with strong echo. Visual effects are really nice - this mount is much better than Apex mounts in Sovngarde crates, and strength of his effects is similar to Radiant mounts overall <3
    I would also change some armor parts on his head (remove the feathered horn) and on his back (add longer chainmail skirt).

I would love to have Mehrunes' Razor, but only if it was possible to dye it.
    I liked models of few artifact weapons, but didn't buy any of them... It's very easy to get used to good things such as weapon recoloring, so when weapon can't be dyed... it feels like a big step back :/

It's always nice to see return of some old items :)
    And unexpectedly, they even increased the days of availability for Great Dark Stag and Dire Pony. These items used to be some of the rarest, cause they were available only for 24 hours once a year.

Eyes of the pony glowing red sometimes at night (after the latest update and fix, it's not clear if they just randomly glow nowadays, or if they still indicate the Bloodfiend spawn):

k9m6MJA.png

The stag's fur at night, at day, in housing editor:

O6omSNA.png

rdpkPRF.png

96tRm2n.png

In my case, there is only one interesting thing in store this month. I still wonder why they don't return Reaper's crates and some other creepy mounts/pets/costumes during Halloween vibe.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why did your art department make this change on the symbol?

ALA9RyV.jpg
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they use unofficial asset? There is no Fearstruck in TES V: Skyrim.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    Could we get a personality that alters the wolf howl? Too many are the same now. (same wolf howl, same arm in the air)
    Edited by SLEDGEHAMMER_X on November 9, 2020 5:33PM
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ALA9RyV.jpg

Because it looks much better! That other one looks quite chunky and ugly IMHO. I really considered buying the shield released and would have if it were dyeable — not that it doesn’t look great as is, but it doesn’t go with my tank’s outfit.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Why would they use unofficial asset? There is no Fearstruck in TES V: Skyrim.

I guess nobody here sees the real world resemblance in ESO version...
    Edited by SpiderKnight on November 10, 2020 2:43PM