Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Sealed Letter? Please! How many times we have to tag you? It's been a year reporting Sealed Letter and tagging you guys and still not fixed? With all due respect... please!!!

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 ...
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TomeoftheUndaunted

Maybe if I tag it, it will come...

Zero fixed books. Lord. It’s kind of like they’ve forgotten the collection element of the lore library. The catch-‘em-all mentality doesn’t work so well when they can’t all be caught. And all for the sake of how many minutes’ worth of work?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    @TomeoftheUndaunted

Maybe if I tag it, it will come...

Zero fixed books. Lord. It’s kind of like they’ve forgotten the collection element of the lore library. The catch-‘em-all mentality doesn’t work so well when they can’t all be caught. And all for the sake of how many minutes’ worth of work?

It might be hours, not minutes, actually, because there's a lot involved, at least for the books which ain't just laying around in some non-instanced area... But anyway, yeah... The main problem here is the total lack of feedback or even acknowedgement.

ZoS trademark approach is "Bug reports go to a black box that might or might not include /dev/null inside".

... Also, besides those bugged books which can be tagged to Eidetic, there are readable books which are still not even listed:

* Tomb of Ja'darri (the "The Pride of Alkosh" quest book)
    * Job Offer (in Senchal market area)
    * Unsent Letter (in the Forsaken Citadel delve)
    * and of course, Indrik diagram

... Maybe more
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    Might be a dumb question but how often do bookshelves refresh? I feel like I used to be able to force some of them to refresh by teleporting in and out of instances, but I came back to serious bookshelf hunting a few days ago and the none of the books have updated since then. Not Murkmire, not Imperial City, not any of the Mages Guild building books, nothing. I've been checking every day. I have 12 bookshelf books to find until I have a full completed collection (minus Undaunted of course).
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    kmkastl wrote: »
    Might be a dumb question but how often do bookshelves refresh? I feel like I used to be able to force some of them to refresh by teleporting in and out of instances, but I came back to serious bookshelf hunting a few days ago and the none of the books have updated since then. Not Murkmire, not Imperial City, not any of the Mages Guild building books, nothing. I've been checking every day. I have 12 bookshelf books to find until I have a full completed collection (minus Undaunted of course).

IIRC, 24h.

*BUT*

If there are several instances of the area, then they are separate. So if you can get to a different instance, you will get a different separate set of bookshelves (which also refresh daily).
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    IIRC, 24h.

*BUT*

If there are several instances of the area, then they are separate. So if you can get to a different instance, you will get a different separate set of bookshelves (which also refresh daily).

Hmmmm I wonder if it's somehow bugged on my end then. Cause nothing is refreshing. I've tried getting new instances, especially of Murkmire but either they all also have the same books or it refuses to let me into a different instance lol. But regardless, It's been about 3 or 4 days since I started checking every day, including doing the Imperial City route at the start of this thread.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there 100% complete. Ps4 Eu

The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Tamriel-Unlimited-20200927195035.jpg
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    kmkastl wrote: »
    Hmmmm I wonder if it's somehow bugged on my end then. Cause nothing is refreshing. I've tried getting new instances, especially of Murkmire but either they all also have the same books or it refuses to let me into a different instance lol. But regardless, It's been about 3 or 4 days since I started checking every day, including doing the Imperial City route at the start of this thread.

In case anyone else felt like their bookshelves weren't refreshing, mine have slowly begun to refresh. It seems like some of them are on multiple day refreshes (and staggered) and all my instances are the same (or maybe there's just not enough of a population in some of these areas to have a bunch of instances when I bookshelf farm?). 2 of the Murkmire bookshelves are still the exact same after over a week but the others around it have changed. But I managed to find my last Murkmire book in Xul-Thuxis so I don't even care anymore lol.
    Anne13 wrote: »

Congrats!!!! Even the motifs too wow! I'm slowly working on those.
    So the unsigned Tome of the Undaunted IS possible to find somewhere?
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you visit fungal grotto and listen to the undaunted enclave speak. After you should get the icon appear
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you visit fungal grotto and listen to the undaunted enclave speak. After you should get the icon appear

This may be differ by alliance. For AD we must visit Banished Cells and then return to the tavern in Vulkhel Guard to be initiated. It did not unlock for me at that point, nor after meeting the Undaunted pledge-givers at the Grahtwood enclave at level 45. Is there a specific location where the book can be found? The readable at the Enclave is only the signed version. If the unsigned version was meant to be added automatically to the lore library along the way, that process clearly failed on all my toons. (I only have AD.)

I have done FG more times than I can count on my main and haven’t found anything inside or outside that dungeon that could add the lore book to the library.
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭

I was originally DC so mine was Spindleclutch and that got me into Undaunted but at no point was I able to read an unsigned Undaunted Book. The only version I can read is the one I signed at the Undaunted Enclave.
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    Does anyone have a post quest location for the book Missing Miners? I must have missed it during the quest and I am only missing that and sealed letter which I know is bugged.

Thank you in advance for any help
    Edited by Uhlrich on October 11, 2020 2:48PM
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    Uhlrich wrote: »
    Does anyone have a post quest location for the book Missing Miners? I must have missed it during the quest and I am only missing that and sealed letter which I know is bugged.

Thank you in advance for any help

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago about Missing Miners. I am quite sure there is no post quest location for this book. Noone seems to have found it so far but it was readable during the quest.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭

Awesome, great job!
    Just 1 book away myself, the Tome of the Undaunted :)
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still missing these books:

~IC: Glorious Upheaval, The Distributed Soul, Introduction to Aedric Studies, The Year 2920 vol 27, (multiple runs through upper city and prison bookshelves haven't given me anything yet. Not sure if they are bugged or I'm just unlucky at this point)

~Summerset: Journal of Justiciar Avanaire, The Scaled Elves, (post quest) and Words of the fallen are all bugged for me and are not appearing

~The Sealed Letter from the Dragonhold prologue is still bugged for me (Also post quest)

~The fall of trinimac from Malabal tor is inaccessible (post quest)

~Tome of the undaunted is bugged for me still

@Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Djennku The IC books are all accessible, you just really have to consciously farm them and it might take ages. Talking from experience. sigh
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

~IC: Glorious Upheaval, The Distributed Soul, Introduction to Aedric Studies, The Year 2920 vol 27, (multiple runs through upper city and prison bookshelves haven't given me anything yet. Not sure if they are bugged or I'm just unlucky at this point)

~Summerset: Journal of Justiciar Avanaire, The Scaled Elves, (post quest) and Words of the fallen are all bugged for me and are not appearing

~The Sealed Letter from the Dragonhold prologue is still bugged for me (Also post quest)

~Tome of the undaunted is bugged for me still

I farm IC books 2 weeks so you must farm ;/
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    @Djennku yeah the IC ones will appear. I just finished farming them a few weeks ago. It takes forever. Especially since my bookshelves are apparently on a longer than 24 hour refresh timer. Make sure, if you have enough time, to check both campaigns because their books are different. I have also gotten at least 2 of the IC books by the Secundinus boss in the sewers on EP side (there's 2 bookshelves there). As an AD it kind of sucked having to get over there but in the end it was worth it checking those as well every day.

And yeah the Tome of the Undaunted is still bugged for me as well.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Careful about mentioning the Tome... saw someone got banned for asking about a fix for it on facebook...

But yeah, it still seems to be bugged... tried a fresh toon on both NA and EU on both Xbox and PC, tried reading it both before and after on all toons... not working, and tickets arent responded to when it comes to this one it seems
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot find the soggy note in khenarti s roost !
    I have gone to the shipwreck but just cant find it as its not there in the corner ?

I would like to find it and add it to eiditec memory so that i completed that part of the map.

Is it part of a quest?
    Are there pre requisites in order to obtain that soggy note ?

Thanks for the help

What i also cant find is the note “seeking tenant!”
    Apparantly you can find it in various towns however i can never obtain it ! How can i retrieve this ?
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    I cannot find the soggy note in khenarti s roost !
    I have gone to the shipwreck but just cant find it as its not there in the corner ?

I would like to find it and add it to eiditec memory so that i completed that part of the map.

Is it part of a quest?
    Are there pre requisites in order to obtain that soggy note ?

Thanks for the help

What i also cant find is the note “seeking tenant!”
    Apparantly you can find it in various towns however i can never obtain it ! How can i retrieve this ?

Soggy note is part of the Summerset prequel quest so you'll have to come back to that.

Seeking tenant I believe can be collected after you do the quest for a free house in your starter town.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    So... another Undaunted lorebook to be found it seems, Any pointers to this one: The Undaunted Need You!
    Its in the Devoted and deranged collection.

What can we do about the lost Tome of the Undaunted?
    I know I'm not the only one who need the lorebook.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    So... another Undaunted lorebook to be found it seems, Any pointers to this one: The Undaunted Need You!

The first sounds like a new one — perhaps it’s connected to the new festival?

The second I’m now fearful of bringing up, given how someone was banned for doing so. If they’d rather do that then be reminded of it, I have no hope whatsoever of it being fixed.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »

The first sounds like a new one — perhaps it’s connected to the new festival?

The second I’m now fearful of bringing up, given how someone was banned for doing so. If they’d rather do that then be reminded of it, I have no hope whatsoever of it being fixed.

Yeah it popped up in collection once Markarth went live.
    Anyone on PC able to check possibly, with addons?

Yeah... I have ticketed the Tome so many times now myself that I dont know what to do anymore.
    But as someone never gave up on the book, neither will I 👍
    Edited by TrofoHawk on November 10, 2020 2:51PM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

~Summerset: Journal of Justiciar Avanaire, The Scaled Elves,...... ( post quest)

I found a few more. The books The Scaled Elves, and Journal of Justiciar Avanaire are not in their locations post-quest. Has anyone seen them and can confirm their location? Also if anyone knows where to go for the Fallof Trinimac after the quest that gives you access to the ruins, please let me know. ^^
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've been on my Eidetic Journey and I'm wondering:

What's the best bet to find bookshelves in the Imperial City Sewers? I'm trying to get "Distributed Soul", "Year 2920, Vol. 27", and "Introduction to Aedric Studies". EP Base only has the two or three bookcases, I'm wondering if there's a more? Do the ones in the city work for these?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What's the best bet to find bookshelves in the Imperial City Sewers? I'm trying to get "Distributed Soul", "Year 2920, Vol. 27", and "Introduction to Aedric Studies". EP Base only has the two or three bookcases, I'm wondering if there's a more? Do the ones in the city work for these?

There is an IC bookshelf guide that I found very useful in the first post in this thread.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭

There is an IC bookshelf guide that I found very useful in the first post in this thread.

Yeah I saw that but that's Imperial City, not Sewers. Do Sewers books show up in City proper?
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I saw that but that's Imperial City, not Sewers. Do Sewers books show up in City proper?

The answer to this was yes.

Excellent.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The answer to this was yes.

Excellent.

Yes, as far as I’m aware, the sewers and districts pull from exactly the same pool. I’ve seen the same IC books show up in both, and I doubt a dev would have taken the time to differentiate them.