The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Midyear Mayhem - Why are you encouraging PvE boss grinds in a PvP event?

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Midyear Mayhem is a PvP event. So... you'd think that that special reward for the event--the style pages--should drop from... oh... PvP activities? Like from earning AP. Or from doing BGs matches. If the drop rate of these style pages are anything like Second Legion or Legion Zero, they're going to be f***ing grindy, with people who report getting nothing even after dozens of kills.

It's almost like you've completely ignored the feedback from the previous two Midyears.
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm blind, but where does it say anything about completing any pve activity?
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people doing PvE can get farmed.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm blind, but where does it say anything about completing any pve activity?

IC bosses are PvE enemies. Yes, in a PvP zone. But everyone knows that it's 90% PvE.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why the Cyrodiil event suddenly has so much overlap with the IC event.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

IC bosses are PvE enemies. Yes, in a PvP zone. But everyone knows that it's 90% PvE.

Except during events designed to bring PVPers to the zone, at which point a number of players are shocked, just shocked that there is PVP going on in a PVP-enabled zone during an event that's mostly/partially about PVP. Especially Midyear Mayhem - its the PVP event.

Mind you, I'm not happy that ZOS is requiring Imperial City on top of Cyrodiil/BGs. I liked Midyear Mayhem better when you got all your tickets from doing a daily, period. I'll get my tickets from Kill 20 Players, PVEers can get it from town quests or scouting missions, and we're all happy.
    Options
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Because IC is by far the least popular PvP activity there is.
    And for good reason, too. It just sucks. With the exception of gankers very few people like that mix of PvP and PvE.

They're hoping to increase player numbers in IC with rewards like that.

Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If PvPers didn't have to farm PvE to get BiS PvP gear you may have had some sympathy.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If PvPers didn't have to farm PvE to get BiS PvP gear you may have had some sympathy.

Wait, what? How is that even relevant?

I don't PvP much, and Midyear with its double AP is the time of year when I do things like Cyrodiil and BGs--things that reward AP.

The problem is, I'd also like to complete the style pages. Which requires hours upon hours of grinding... PvE bosses in IC. There's very little in the way of AP or PvP. So I'm forced to choose--either grind bosses for a style page that almost never drops. Or actually enjoy the event.

Or... or... ZOS could tie those rewards to RftW mails, so that people can choose between IC, BGs, or Cyrodiil, instead of forcing so much of the events reward into IC activities (shouldn't that be what the IC event is for? hmm)

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Options
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem is a PvP event. So... you'd think that that special reward for the event--the style pages--should drop from... oh... PvP activities? Like from earning AP. Or from doing BGs matches. If the drop rate of these style pages are anything like Second Legion or Legion Zero, they're going to be f***ing grindy, with people who report getting nothing even after dozens of kills.

It's almost like you've completely ignored the feedback from the previous two Midyears.

While I do agree that they need to put a higher drop rate on style pages (coughs at the Legion style pages), forcing everyone to participate in PvP exclusively for an event in order to get either tickets or style pages is wildly unfair and unbalanced to people who don't PvP or can't keep up with the """"professionals"""".

I'm all for encouraging more people to participate in PvP as an activity and all, and it can be pretty fun when you're not getting steamroll roflstomped by "Pro PvPer" 20 man groups who are basically immortal to anyone else who isn't a "pro PvPer" and half the time battles are won by who has the least lag, except for the fact that you can be blocked from ever getting a single thing from the event by other players, which is unique only to PvP. Other players can't stop you from completing objectives in PvE events. They can in PvP. And in PvP they can do it maliciously with full knowledge they're making your day harder just for the lulz.

Unless they can find a way to reward non-PvPers or people who aren't good at PvP/getting kills, its a system that's never going to work.

It was bad enough when PvE'ers just wanted to farm the bosses nearest their home base for tickets and you'd have mobs of 20+ per opposing faction just camping each factions' base entrance mowing down PvEers who didn't even have Tel Var to make killing them profitable and were even using gap-closers to bunnyhop base platforms (which isn't even supposed to be allowed).

And that was when the event didn't require PvP to complete the event. Hard pass on an event that does require it, and I'm not that squeamish about PvP.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »

While I do agree that they need to put a higher drop rate on style pages (coughs at the Legion style pages), forcing everyone to participate in PvP exclusively for an event in order to get either tickets or style pages is wildly unfair and unbalanced to people who don't PvP or can't keep up with the """"professionals"""".

I'm all for encouraging more people to participate in PvP as an activity and all, and it can be pretty fun when you're not getting steamroll roflstomped by "Pro PvPer" 20 man groups who are basically immortal to anyone else who isn't a "pro PvPer" and half the time battles are won by who has the least lag, except for the fact that you can be blocked from ever getting a single thing from the event by other players, which is unique only to PvP. Other players can't stop you from completing objectives in PvE events. They can in PvP. And in PvP they can do it maliciously with full knowledge they're making your day harder just for the lulz.

Unless they can find a way to reward non-PvPers or people who aren't good at PvP/getting kills, its a system that's never going to work.

It was bad enough when PvE'ers just wanted to farm the bosses nearest their home base for tickets and you'd have mobs of 20+ per opposing faction just camping each factions' base entrance mowing down PvEers who didn't even have Tel Var to make killing them profitable and were even using gap-closers to bunnyhop base platforms (which isn't even supposed to be allowed).

And that was when the event didn't require PvP to complete the event. Hard pass on an event that does require it, and I'm not that squeamish about PvP.

But pvpers are forced to pve for event tickets thru most events, allow me to get those tickets by doing bgs when it's summetset event and we Gucci.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the events throughout the year are PvE.

In other words, forcing everyone to participate in PvE exclusively for an event in order to get either ticket or style pages is wildly unfair and unbalanced to people who don't PvE (except for when Zos forces them to).

That goes both ways and I would suggest such an opinion shows great disregard for a portion of the player base that is the focus of most of these little events.

What are your ideas to reward PvP players during the majority of exclusively PvE events, or should Zos really only focus on PvE players?
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it not the case that:
    • Only 12 people get drops per boss.
    • You have to survive the fight AND its immediate aftermath to get your loot?

Ordinary PvP behavior could feel very grief-ish to farmers in that kind of scenario.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, good luck killing a District boss with zero PvP action involved, especially during an event.

I play in IC on a daily basis, and even when it's dead your odds of killing a boss without outside interference are slim.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did they completely merge MM and IC events?
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

They've been doing a lot of things lately to encourage people to play in IC. Such as removing the dailies requirement of completing the zone quest; adding costumes, emotes, and Alliance War skill xp buff recipes to the tel var merchant, and so forth.

Making IC part of MYM seems to be continuing the trend.
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

They've been doing a lot of things lately to encourage people to play in IC. Such as removing the dailies requirement of completing the zone quest; adding costumes, emotes, and Alliance War skill xp buff recipes to the tel var merchant, and so forth.

Making IC part of MYM seems to be continuing the trend.

I see. It just looks like all that's left unique in IC event is double tel var and achievements.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Why? Because IC is by far the least popular PvP activity there is.
    And for good reason, too. It just sucks. With the exception of gankers very few people like that mix of PvP and PvE.

They're hoping to increase player numbers in IC with rewards like that.

IC/IC sewers is by far the best pvp zone in ESO, legit the most fun I've had in pvp is when the events are going. The fact that there are mobs makes very little difference, only the bosses matter since you can 2-3 shot everything else and tel var at least adds some penalty for death, provided you're holding a lot. The long horse rides in cyro and constant tower taking [snip] get kinda old tbh.

[Edited to remove Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 13, 2020 12:40PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    So people doing PvE can get farmed.

Wsn't that the whole point of MyM?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly, as there's no Double Tel Var or double quest rewards which is the main draw of the IC Celebration. So instead you get to run the daily for less (or at least different) rewards.

But as Jaraal says, they've really been pushing IC content recently, and that trend looks to continue.

I'm just waiting for them to decode that BGs needs a boost and so we get tickets separately from Cyrodiil, IC, and BGs. Ugh, I liked it when tickets came from PVPing how we wanted.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MYM should be in Cryodill only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IC has its own event why make all pvp events be mainly IC not everyone like PVE/PVP it makes for an bad time if your not the one out giving others one yourself reason lots of the ESO community are not really for IC , the ESOC dont like being mean to each other and 100% killing each other over an PVE drop is just mean , NOW FIGHTING PVP/PVP thats fun stay on your toes and enjoy yourself
    Options
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

In other words, forcing everyone to participate in PvE exclusively for an event in order to get either ticket or style pages is wildly unfair and unbalanced to people who don't PvE (except for when Zos forces them to).

That goes both ways and I would suggest such an opinion shows great disregard for a portion of the player base that is the focus of most of these little events.

What are your ideas to reward PvP players during the majority of exclusively PvE events, or should Zos really only focus on PvE players?

I couldnt care less about pvp or pve events, I do both. But lets face it, a pvper has a way easier time jumping into pve for 10 minutes to get their daily tickets/reward box, than a pver going to a pvp event to do the same. Also, who are we kidding? The real reason pvpers like these events is to farm the pvers who come in like lambs to the slaughter lol
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making people farm bosses in IC through additional rewards increases the amount of Telvar to be gained through PvP because more people are farming.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

I couldnt care less about pvp or pve events, I do both. But lets face it, a pvper has a way easier time jumping into pve for 10 minutes to get their daily tickets/reward box, than a pver going to a pvp event to do the same. Also, who are we kidding? The real reason pvpers like these events is to farm the pvers who come in like lambs to the slaughter lol

Sort of?

There are pretty easy options for MYM.

Scouting missions in Cyrodiil just require riding to the location, and you can sneak a lot of the way past PVP objectives.

The Arena district daily can actually be completed from the safety of your respawn tower in IC.

I like Midyear Mayhem because PVP in a ton of fun when there are a lot of people fighting and the game works well. Guess what? During MYM, Cyrodiil is filled with people and ZOS actually dedicates more server resources (or whatever it is they do that makes the difference) so that large fights actually aren't a lag fest where I crash every five minutes. It's great!
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks seem to be forgetting that you can also do mainly PvE stuff (with a PvP risk) in Cyro, too if you are so inclined. You could spend all day running town quests, dolmens, delves, and overland mobs and never battle another player if you're careful.

In fact, I would say that you are much more likely to have to fight players in Imperial City than Cyrodiil, simply because of the difference in zone sizes.
    Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you asking about Midyear Mayhem months after it has passed and the next has not even been scheduled yet that I know of...

Am I missing something!?

Lost Treasures of Skyrim (September 23-October 5)
    Witches Festival (October 22-November 3)
    Undaunted Celebration (November 25-December 8)
    New Life Festival (December 17-January 5, 2021)
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58775

Some kids don't like to participate in PVP and we also had a MYM and separate IC event this year so yall just looking for something to complain about.

Edit:

And why do people insist on pitting PVP against PVE like we're not all playing the same game? I mean it's in the name for one side but a lot of people do both. This is just some petty annoying BS if you ask me. This whole thread is incendiary trash.
    Edited by Radiance on October 13, 2020 5:26PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Why are you asking about Midyear Mayhem months after it has passed and the next has not even been scheduled yet that I know of...

Am I missing something!?

Some kids don't like to participate in PVP and we also had a MYM and separate IC event this year so yall just looking for something to complain about.

Next year's MYM, probably in January, is on the PTS. So we know how the rewards are dropping. ZOS repeated the whole "farm IC bosses for style pages" thing that the OP is talking about.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 13, 2020 5:24PM
    Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I missing something!?

Next year's MYM, probably in January, is on the PTS. So we know how the rewards are dropping. ZOS repeated the whole "farm IC bosses for style pages" thing that the OP is talking about.

Ah, I see that now. I clicked on the Recent tab so didn't notice this was PTS. But I still don't see the problem with that. I have ESO+ so not sure but don't those Dungs come with that DLC?
    Options
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are you talking about that on a pts forum thread?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I missing something!?

Ah, I see that now. I clicked on the Recent tab so didn't notice this was PTS. But I still don't see the problem with that. I have ESO+ so not sure but don't those Dungs come with that DLC?

It's not the dungeon bosses. Those aren't included in MYM.

Imperial City has patrolling world bosses that stalk the districts. During MYM, they have a (usually small) chance to draw style pages when you kill them along with the normal Tel Var. Problem is, the Districts are a PVP-enabled zone and during the event there are lots of PVPers out hunting for the pages, doubke AP for killing players, Tel Var, and the daily quests alongside people who just want to do their daily quest for the ticket or just want those style pages.

So for the type of player who's used to farming PVE world bosses, its really annoying to get killed while in IC, even though its a PVP-enabled zone during a PVP event.
    And for players who prefer PVP, its like "Why am I fighting World Bosses for the rewards for a PVP event?"
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    why are you talking about that on a pts forum thread?

Because MYM is up for testing on the PTS...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/548984/pts-patch-notes-v6-2-3
    Options