Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These books are still bugged for me:

-Worship in Fanacas (AD)
    -A Plea for the Elder Scrolls (AD)
    -Tome of the undaunted
    -Mend the threads (post quest)
    -Kwarma Miner's note
    -Sanguine reveler's note
    -Seek adventure in Murkmire (post quest)
    -The Fall of Trinimac
    -Scholar Garrique's journal (post quest)
    -All books post quest "Untamed and Unleashed", "pearls before traitors", and "Lauriel's lament" from Summerset

If anyone has updates on these that I missed, please let me know. Thanks!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

-Worship in Fanacas (AD)
    -Tome of the undaunted
    -Kwarma Miner's note
    -Sanguine reveler's note
    -The Fall of Trinimac
    -All books post quest "Untamed and Unleashed", "pearls before traitors", and "Lauriel's lament" from Summerset

For the two in the PVP zones (Worship in Fanacas and A Plea for the Elder Scrolls) I had to log out and back into the game while in the "zone" of the book, and then they appeared for me.

I'm about 95% sure for "Untamed and Unleashed" post quest, you can climb up one of the rock structures and get back into the locked Indrik pens (and then back into the building), if I'm thinking that book is from that quest.

The others I'm unsure of (other than I know Tome of the Undaunted is bugged for many people)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

-Worship in Fanacas (AD)
    -Tome of the undaunted
    -Kwarma Miner's note
    -Sanguine reveler's note
    -The Fall of Trinimac

For the two in the PVP zones (Worship in Fanacas and A Plea for the Elder Scrolls) I had to log out and back into the game while in the "zone" of the book, and then they appeared for me.

I'm about 95% sure for "Untamed and Unleashed" post quest, you can climb up one of the rock structures and get back into the locked Indrik pens (and then back into the building), if I'm thinking that book is from that quest.

The others I'm unsure of (other than I know Tome of the Undaunted is bugged for many people)

TY! The logging out/in worked perfectly for those books. I'm going after The indriik ones in a bit, so I'll let you know if I can't get them.

I got one of the notes from the DB sacrament (reveler's iirc) when I ported in there.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

-Worship in Fanacas (AD)
    -Tome of the undaunted
    -Kwarma Miner's note
    -Sanguine reveler's note
    -The Fall of Trinimac

TY! The logging out/in worked perfectly for those books. I'm going after The indriik ones in a bit, so I'll let you know if I can't get them.

I got one of the notes from the DB sacrament (reveler's iirc) when I ported in there.

The DB sacrament ones are completely random. You need to be sent to the right map and then the right version of that map. Just keep checking. (The readables are all fortunately right near the entrance, iirc, so it’s easy to check.)

For Seek Adventure in Murkmire: if that’s the one I’m thinking of, then the quest is repeatable. You can do all of those prologue dailies in a row each day, so work through them until you get Reeling in Recruits. I believe you can just read the note from your inventory at that point, or you can travel to one of the quest sites and read it after you post it.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

-Worship in Fanacas (AD)
    -Tome of the undaunted
    -Kwarma Miner's note
    -Sanguine reveler's note
    -The Fall of Trinimac

The DB sacrament ones are completely random. You need to be sent to the right map and then the right version of that map. Just keep checking. (The readables are all fortunately right near the entrance, iirc, so it’s easy to check.)

For Seek Adventure in Murkmire: if that’s the one I’m thinking of, then the quest is repeatable. You can do all of those prologue dailies in a row each day, so work through them until you get Reeling in Recruits. I believe you can just read the note from your inventory at that point, or you can travel to one of the quest sites and read it after you post it.

TY! I was not aware of some of those. I will look into it.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    1 book I need

Mysteries and Clues:

Sealed letter
    Edited by Holger30 on December 3, 2020 6:58PM
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    House Ravenwatch Contract

Stonefalls, Davons Watch, Mages Guild
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody found "Serum Infusion Report" post quest in Summerset? I've grouped with people doing the quest, I've jumped over the rocks to get back into the building, but the book simply isn't there/readable. ALL of the other books/letters/reports from this quest can be re-read except for this one. This is my last lore book (including motifs) and has been for over a year. It's driving me crazy
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    4 books I need

Mysteries and Clues:

Sealed letter

The Devoted and the Deranged

The Undaunted Need You!

The Reach Readers

Great Spirits of the Reach: Volume 3
    Great Spirits of the Reach: Volume 4

Were you able to find "The Undaunted Need You!" ? I have no idea where it can be and haven't found anyone writing about it. It's not even listed in the wiki.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    The next Event Book maybe.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where Great Spirits of the Reach: Volume 3 is? I've been hunting high and low for it and asking in zone chat once or twice a day but so far I haven't been able to find it.
    unknown.png
    Thanks to Holger30 for the information.
    Edited by Troodon80 on November 18, 2020 4:50PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm trying to find Hail to the Ancient Spirits and Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4.

Hail has nothing on UESP, so I'm figuring maybe just ask that.

Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4 on UESP says "Southwest of Karthwasten", which is not helpful at all. The coordinates are not either. Half the zone is "southwest of Karthwasten"

Found Great Spirits.

And Hail to the Ancient Spirits is in Shaman Ulvoch's House in Karthwasten.
    Edited by fall0athboy on November 28, 2020 4:43PM
  • Kolominas
    Kolominas
    So I'm trying to find Hail to the Ancient Spirits and Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4.

Great Spirits of the Reach Volume 4 on UESP says "Southwest of Karthwasten", which is not helpful at all. The coordinates are not either. Half the zone is "southwest of Karthwasten"

I found it on coordinates 53.60 - 36.13 - but it was below a wooden overlook and bugged out/unable to interact with
  • Kolominas
    Kolominas
    reloading fixed that bug btw :)
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Falkyr's final report
    This book is to be found in the inventory after a quest. Missed that one :-(
    Does anyone know how or where to obtain it?
    It's the last book I need :-(
  • Tiltt
    Tiltt
    Soul Shriven
    As of December, 2020, this book is the only book that i've not found a post quest location for: Blessed, Blessed Satakalaam. been trying to get into the zone via other players making the quest, book shows on compass but not on location as it can only be read during quest and back when i did that, i missed it. Also been trying the bookshelves approach for countless times but have given up hope for it to appear on those.
  • SteinAsle
    SteinAsle
    No_Wan wrote: »
    Falkyr's final report

It's with the mushrooms where you found his body at the end of the quest in the area of Mistgloom Thicket in Blacreach
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    * Worship in Fanacas - This book used to be on a pedestal in front of the Enchantress Mabrel Pierel, a mini-boss in Cyrodiil. However, after a certain update (1 - 2 years ago), the book disappeared. Since then, it does not exist in game anymore.

I was hunting this for a fair bit of time myself, but I was somewhat recently able to get hold of it, so it should be available at the coordinates again. I am pretty certain I grabbed it this side of 2018.

I can not find it at the place where the Enchantress is spawning. Did anyone see it?
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    * Worship in Fanacas - This book used to be on a pedestal in front of the Enchantress Mabrel Pierel, a mini-boss in Cyrodiil. However, after a certain update (1 - 2 years ago), the book disappeared. Since then, it does not exist in game anymore.

I was hunting this for a fair bit of time myself, but I was somewhat recently able to get hold of it, so it should be available at the coordinates again. I am pretty certain I grabbed it this side of 2018.

I can not find it at the place where the Enchantress is spawning. Did anyone see it?

It's one that seems to bug out a lot. In order to get it myself, I had to get to the location, then log out of the game and then back in, which forced it to spawn.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a bit offtopic but does the LoreBooks addon work for anyone lately? I keep trying but even tho I check Use outdated addons field the addon wont show books on my map anymore. Anoyne?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a bit offtopic but does the LoreBooks addon work for anyone lately? I keep trying but even tho I check Use outdated addons field the addon wont show books on my map anymore. Anoyne?

still working for me... Was there a new dependency added?
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my bad! It does work but The Reach DLC region books have not been added yet, correct?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is quite reasonable. I know they usually take a bit to update with the Eidetic Memory books, since it's a lot of information to collect.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    That is quite reasonable. I know they usually take a bit to update with the Eidetic Memory books, since it's a lot of information to collect.

I saw a few updates saying mining enabled/mining disabled, but it was long ago, and no Eidetic locations have been updated in the add-on for any of the last three expansions -- the Greymoor chapter, the Stonethorn dungeon DLC, and the Markarth story DLC.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiltt wrote: »
    As of December, 2020, this book is the only book that i've not found a post quest location for: Blessed, Blessed Satakalaam. been trying to get into the zone via other players making the quest, book shows on compass but not on location as it can only be read during quest and back when i did that, i missed it. Also been trying the bookshelves approach for countless times but have given up hope for it to appear on those.

It appears rarely on bookshelves in ALL of the "4th major province out of 5" zones: Alikr, Malabal Tor, Eastmarch. I finally found it unexpectedly on a bookshelf in The Rift after having given up on it. Can't even remember which bookshelf.

There are a few other bookshelf-only books that I have somehow managed to miss, in the original content zones, and will eventually have to go hunting for.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Tiltt wrote: »
    As of December, 2020, this book is the only book that i've not found a post quest location for: Blessed, Blessed Satakalaam.
    I finally found it unexpectedly on a bookshelf in The Rift after having given up on it. Can't even remember which bookshelf.

Sorry, I meant Eastmarch.
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    It's with the mushrooms where you found his body at the end of the quest in the area of Mistgloom Thicket in Blacreach
    SteinAsle wrote: »
    No_Wan wrote: »
    Falkyr's final report

Thx :-)
  • Tiltt
    Tiltt
    Soul Shriven
    jle30303, ty for reply, have to trust rng then :)
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the book "Missing Miners" after the Dusktown quest in Blackreach? (It is currently in the "Solitude Soliloquies" group of books, although it probably ought to be in the "Western Skyrim Register" because it's nothing to do with the town of Solitude itself.)

It's a quest-locked book. You HAVE to read it during the quest - but you don't get credit for reading it when you actually, erm, read it the first time.

And then, almost immediately, you hand it to a NPC as evidence. After which you don't have it any more.

It seems that the only way to actually "read" it is during that brief period after reading it the first time, when it's in your inventory as a Quest Item, clicking to "use" it - if you knew it was actually there, and if you knew it hadn't actually been counted as "read" the first time, as it should have been.

There is no known post-quest location for it. There should be.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, wondering if anyone else has trouble with Seythen's note in vvardenfell still. I saw years old posts say its still out post quest but I cannot find it even before saving seythen from the twilight's.