The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyammis wrote: »

Also thank goodness for an ETA on fixing the lorebook motif bug. I am one of the many afflicted by that right now.

The patch today did not fix the Lore Library bug for Ivory Bragade Motif and Wayward Guardian Motif. Not yet. We have to wait some more. Don't know how much more...

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • mattieb_1981
    mattieb_1981
    Soul Shriven
    ETA: Since you didn’t list them as missing, do you have the Tamriel Together guild books under Devoted & Deranged? If so, where did you find the ones for Dauntless Bananas, Nomads of Nirn, Museum, and Goldleaf Acquisitions?[/quote]

On the above which ones specifically are you missing? I have a list of all books with their locations (where I have them) so I'm happy to help :)

I've actually created a character I can take screenshots of each and every book and location to help others as the online resources can be a little patchy!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the above which ones specifically are you missing? I have a list of all books with their locations (where I have them) so I'm happy to help :)

I've actually created a character I can take screenshots of each and every book and location to help others as the online resources can be a little patchy!

I am missing those four. Anyammis kindly provided the locations for the Ode to the Disenfranchised and the Sonnet of Aetherius Art above.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 14, 2021 11:59PM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Further confirmation:

"Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition" has disappeared from all three of the places that it previously existed (the docks at Daggerfall, Davons Watch and Vulkhel Guard).

I have checked with characters who had read it, and characters who had not read it.

This almost certainly happened with the Jubilee Event, either at its appearance or its disappearance, since the Jubilee Cake is made at the same place where the 2nd Edition is found.

Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition is therefore now MISSING from the game, and needs to be put back - or moved to somewhere else that is not affected by scheduled events.
  • Secilina
    Secilina
    ✭✭
    Where is Vinnus's Note or where is the start of the quest associated to it Vinnus's Research

Also after all 4 of the new guild ones that others are missing but i guess they will be posted soon.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Secilina wrote: »
    Where is Vinnus's Note or where is the start of the quest associated to it Vinnus's Research

Also after all 4 of the new guild ones that others are missing but i guess they will be posted soon.

uw7lqz9ddr2c.png
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Secilina wrote: »

To the best of my knowledge, you need to pass through three RNG checks to find/progress the quest itself:

Find and enter a Deadlands portal.
    Hope it takes you to the top left starter island.
    Hope the portal at the end of that takes you to the island directly south rather than east (visible in the minimap in the image posted above).

The quest seems to be locked behind getting to that one island. It's possible to share the quest, though. That seems to share the note (as a quest item, which I believe can be read) but not the rock needed to progress the quest. If you're just after the lorebook and don't care about the rest of the quest, I believe a quest share from someone who has it will work.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Missing these lore I would assume I've done all quests and hours of searching

Books of Blackwood

Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Birds Ot Gloommire
    Brigadine's Journal
    Come one, come all!
    Edvilda's Log Book
    Foolish Wings
    Letter from Quistley sivelle
    Merchants Lord's Compiled Documents
    Onimirils Writings
    Prayer for a shadowscale
    Salvittos invitation
    The Feast of Saint Coellicia II
    To my Love

The devoted and Deranged

A tale of the u dauntless bananas
    Gold leaf Acquisitions, Managers notes
    Museum Guild Letter
    The Nomads of Nirn
    The Undaunted Need You! During the undaunted event I believe?

Any help much appreciated ty!
    Edited by Anne13 on June 15, 2021 11:48AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Missing these lore I would assume I've done all quests and hours of searching
    Any help much appreciated ty!

Books of Blackwood

Letter from Quistley sivelle -- Bastian's 2nd quest, outside Daggerfall, required reading to progress the quest.

Edvilda's Log Book -- Mirri's 2nd quest, the book is in the camp SE of the Inner Sea Armature delve (also, I think required to progress).

Onimirils Writings -- Mirri's 3rd quest, in Auridon.

Adder's Random note -- Ransom note, not random. It's the "Making a Racket" quest, you can't miss it (it is necessary to progress).
    Happy Averno Shipping Company Sign -- Same quest, on the wall outside the brothers' room.

Salvittos invitation -- main story quest, on the docks outside Salvitto's estate post-quest.

Author's Assistant Wanted! -- on a pole in Gideon, starts the "The Ghostwriter of Giovesse" quest.

Come one, come all! -- On a pole near the Farmer's Nook, starts the "The Face of Change" quest.

Merchants Lord's Compiled Documents -- in the Zenithar's Abbey PD near the anvil, after the quest completion.

Brigadine's Journal -- In the ruins NE of Hutan-Tzel.

Birds Ot Gloommire -- In Hutan-Tzel proper.

The Feast of Saint Coellicia II -- One of the small bandit camps, don't recall which exactly.

To my Love -- at the very tip of the peninsula NW of Welke.

Prayer for a shadowscale -- a small quest, don't remember the name, you start it at the top of one of Xanmeers.

Foolish Wings -- dunno. I suspect, in the delve where the crows' quest is, but I didn't find it.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Letter from Quistley sivelle -- Bastian's 2nd quest, outside Daggerfall, required reading to progress the quest.

That's Odd I have done all 3 Bastian quests and only the 1st for Miri

Thank you for the info I will go searching once I'm back online
  • Secilina
    Secilina
    ✭✭

That's Odd I have done all 3 Bastian quests and only the 1st for Miri

Thank you for the info I will go searching once I'm back online

its not required reading as they have said but it is on the first floor of the glenumbra inn

7mt6w0dvqzdn.png
    Edited by Secilina on June 15, 2021 3:37PM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay great I'll go there and look tyvm
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dauntless Bananas book (bugged, like several others in Cyrodiil and elsewhere) in the Victory Tavern, West Gate. Bananas on the table and in a box.
    dwwqrl11fcp6.png
    tvmvvrmjh6md.png

If, like me, you can't get it, go away (render distance, I believe) and come back. Or just try a different campaign.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Dauntless Bananas book (bugged, like several others in Cyrodiil and elsewhere) in the Victory Tavern, West Gate. Bananas on the table and in a box.
    dwwqrl11fcp6.png
    tvmvvrmjh6md.png

If, like me, you can't get it, go away (render distance, I believe) and come back. Or just try a different campaign.

Thank you! Pays to be a banana...

It must be in another location too for the blueberries and strawberries, then.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone knows the alternate location for the Tale of the Dauntless Bananas, I would be very appreciative.

The location in Victory Tavern is bugged in all three campaigns that are open to me. Porting away and back multiple times did not fix it in any campaign.

ETA: Interestingly, decreasing view distance to 0 caused the table and bananas to disappear when I went to the door, but the book itself remained visible on the floor.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 17, 2021 1:28AM
  • Lipizzan
    Lipizzan
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    If anyone knows the alternate location for the Tale of the Dauntless Bananas, I would be very appreciative.

The location in Victory Tavern is bugged in all three campaigns that are open to me. Porting away and back multiple times did not fix it in any campaign.

ETA: Interestingly, decreasing view distance to 0 caused the table and bananas to disappear when I went to the door, but the book itself remained visible on the floor.

If you relog next to the book it will load in correctly. As for the other alliances I don't have anything concrete, but perhaps check the taverns at the other alliance gates? NVM I went looking on my EP toon and couldn't see anything
    Edited by Lipizzan on June 17, 2021 6:07PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lipizzan wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »

If you relog next to the book it will load in correctly. As for the other alliances I don't have anything concrete, but perhaps check the taverns at the other alliance gates? NVM I went looking on my EP toon and couldn't see anything

Ok, an hour of porting in and out and riding back and forth and switching campaigns didn’t work. I will try the logout/login.

I didn’t find it at either of the AD gates, which have copies of a number of other lorebooks locked behind the inner starting area and which would be accessible to other alliances only after raising them. I did only a cursory check of the areas around the scroll temples. I know there are a few books in very out of the way places there. No luck, though.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after some digging, for the contest winner lorebooks, we have:

Dauntless Bananas - A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas is found in Victory Tavern in the AD side in Cyrodiil.
    Goldleaf Acquisitions - Goldleaf Acquisitions, Manager's Notes is found in Cold Moon Inn in Windhelm.
    Nomads of Nirn - The Nomads of Nirn is found in The Ebony Flask in Ebonheart.
    Aetherius Art - The Sonnet of Aetherius Art is found where the luxary furniture vendor spawns.
    The Disenfranchised - found North of Castle Faregyl Mine, at the base of a cliff where the waterfall ends.

We are missing Museum and their lorebook Museum Guild Letter. Sadly they are a french guild on the EU server, so i cant ask them.

Edited by Aliyavana on June 18, 2021 6:36AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    So after some digging, for the contest winner lorebooks, we have:

Dauntless Bananas - A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas is found in Victory Tavern in the AD side in Cyrodiil.
    Goldleaf Acquisitions - Goldleaf Acquisitions, Manager's Notes is found in Cold Moon Inn in Windhelm.
    Nomads of Nirn - The Nomads of Nirn is found in The Ebony Flask in Ebonheart.
    Aetherius Art - The Sonnet of Aetherius Art is found where the luxary furniture vendor spawns.
    The Disenfranchised - found North of Castle Faregyl Mine, at the base of a cliff where the waterfall ends.

We are missing Museum and their lorebook Museum Guild Letter. Sadly they are a french guild on the EU server, so i cant ask them.

Thank you!! Goldleaf *is* in Windhelm after all, just not in the Outlaws Refuge. So close...
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bingo:

Museum Guild Letter is on a crate on one of the the docks at Vulkhel Guard, the site of their departure for one of their adventures the other year.

It is the short dock just east of the long one leading to the Prowler, opposite the grocer Samardan, the merchant Zibam, and their cooking fire. The NPC Clauvius Euginie stands on the dock, and the Khajiit M'nashaar walks up and down it. The letter is just behind a lantern.

ETA: Aliyavana, thanks for making that comment about asking the guild! They have a guild site online where they included this information for their Captain Salamander adventure:

"The return of the Museum ship will not have gone unnoticed by the sailors of Vulkhel. The unloading of many boxes will have taken several hours, they will then have been brought under guard to the premises of the association."

That's where the book is.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 18, 2021 8:52AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Hm. Is it not accessible for other alliances at all, or are there alternate locations?

• Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

Hm. Is it not accessible for other alliances at all, or are there alternate locations?

I'm not sure. I'm a red and haven't found it yet either.

I am still looking for Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Which is a quest starter, apparently on a post in Gideon In Blackwood.
    I've searched the area systematically and can not find it.
    I believe I have already done the quest. Which means the book is bugged? I can go to the inn and speak with Yisara.
    The quest is called The Ghost Writer Of Giovesse

If anyone has the location screenshot of Prayer for a shadowscale. It's a small quest in Blackwood at the top of a Xanmeer?

And a location of a bandit camp in Blackwood which has the book: The Feast Of Saint Coellicia II

Thanks in Advance
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure. I'm a red and haven't found it yet either.

I am still looking for Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Which is a quest starter, apparently on a post in Gideon In Blackwood.
    I've searched the area systematically and can not find it.
    I believe I have already done the quest. Which means the book is bugged? I can go to the inn and speak with Yisara.
    The quest is called The Ghost Writer Of Giovesse

If anyone has the location screenshot of Prayer for a shadowscale. It's a small quest in Blackwood at the top of a Xanmeer?

And a location of a bandit camp in Blackwood which has the book: The Feast Of Saint Coellicia II

Thanks in Advance

7fr5o5xvo8qe.png

^ quest starter location, not there post-quest, nor in the inn room where the writer is post-quest. I suggest checking the ruins where the quest takes place, but there's a LOT of places it could be there so ... Maybe bugged.

5c01yvalgrj6.png

gr7j5qajsvi5.png

Can't remember where the "prayer ..." is.

• Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Well with these updates that is all the books for me except for the Impressario ones and Foolish Wings. Has anyone out there had any luck with Foolish Wings?
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Well with these updates that is all the books for me except for the Impressario ones and Foolish Wings. Has anyone out there had any luck with Foolish Wings?

Do you by any chance have a location for the Phantasmal Discovery Awaits?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »

Do you by any chance have a location for the Phantasmal Discovery Awaits?

On the road JUST SE of Veyond
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help

I still haven't found Prayer for a shadowscale
    It's a quest starter on top of a Xanmeer in Blackwood?

I've searched every inch of Gideon, the ruins and surrounding area and can not locate the Authors Assistant Wanted! I'm assuming it's bugged
    There's 2 ways to start the quest either by the lore posted on the wall outside of the Governers Manor in Gideon or by speaking to Visara directly.
    If speaking to Visara directly doesn't give the lore then there must be a post quest location surely.

I've also searched the whole of Ep home bases in Cyrodiil and no luck finding a Tale of the undauntless bananas as of yet
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help

I still haven't found Prayer for a shadowscale
    It's a quest starter on top of a Xanmeer in Blackwood?

I've searched every inch of Gideon, the ruins and surrounding area and can not locate the Authors Assistant Wanted! I'm assuming it's bugged
    There's 2 ways to start the quest either by the lore posted on the wall outside of the Governers Manor in Gideon or by speaking to Visara directly.
    If speaking to Visara directly doesn't give the lore then there must be a post quest location surely.

No, "Prayer" is not a quest starter, it's just related to one of the quests (not even needed for it).

And yeah, there are many quests in this chapter which can be started by reading some note, but it can also be skipped.
  • Lipizzan
    Lipizzan
    ✭✭
    Prayer For a Shadowscale is in Bloodrun Cave - It's literally in the rock, but still readable
    l72ftr52rdyc.png
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lipizzan wrote: »
    Prayer For a Shadowscale is in Bloodrun Cave - It's literally in the rock, but still readable
    l72ftr52rdyc.png

Perfect ty so much!

It was hidden in the ground for me. Is why I didn't see it before
    Thank you again
    Edited by Anne13 on June 19, 2021 12:07PM