The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    * Worship in Fanacas - This book used to be on a pedestal in front of the Enchantress Mabrel Pierel, a mini-boss in Cyrodiil. However, after a certain update (1 - 2 years ago), the book disappeared. Since then, it does not exist in game anymore.

I was hunting this for a fair bit of time myself, but I was somewhat recently able to get hold of it, so it should be available at the coordinates again. I am pretty certain I grabbed it this side of 2018.
    [EU PC]
  • Walllessfury
    Any update when the worm cult motif is gonna drop
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

I think it will be in holiday reward containers for the next anniversary event. Probably sometime next month or beginning of June if I remember correctly from last year.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • Walllessfury
    Pushing the other one back to maybe midsummer for mayhem? That sucks but ok lol
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    I think it will be in holiday reward containers for the next anniversary event. Probably sometime next month or beginning of June if I remember correctly from last year.
    Pushing the other one back to maybe midsummer for mayhem? That sucks but ok lol

Worm Cult is coming with Anniversary Event, which started around the 3rd/4th of April each years, so I'll assume it's right around the corner and will be available sometime this week.

As for Tsaesci Style, it just says "acquired by seasonal purchase from the Crown Store", exact same description as Grim Harlequin and Stalhrim Frostcaster, the 2 other Crown Store exclusive motifs). So, what we know :
    1. it's gonna be Crown Store only, maybe about 2k crowns (I think that's the price of Grim Harlequin and Stalhrim Froscaster...)
    2. it's gonna be here during some event... Could be Anniversary, could be Midyear Mayhem. We don't know yet ; we'll get the answer when Anniversary Event start I guess.
    Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on April 2, 2018 10:21AM
    - Eidetic Memory Completionnist -
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
  • ChockaShocka
    Rhanbiq’s Notes
    Anyone know where I can find it?

I can't find it at the 2 locations that it's reported to be at:
    Upper floor of The Parchment and Horn inn in Marbruk,
    Coin Brothers' Cornerclub, Stormhold
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be bugged, @ChockaShocka .
    [EU PC]
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, looking for some info on books I am missing and still don't know the location:

-Here to Stay, How Long, The New Lord in Daedric Cults - I know two are at the end of City of Ash II, don't know where the 3rd is
    -All Our Hopes Dashed in Final Words
    -House Hlaalu Merchant Camp, Tome of the Undaunted in Handbills, Posters, and Decrees
    -On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 3 in Imperial Library
    -Letter to Grand Warlord Zimmeron in Letters and Missives
    -The Disturbed Soul in Lore and Culture
    -A Warning from Zimmeron, Chastisement from Zimmeron, Conquer Cyrodiil for the Pact!, Heading to Imperial City, Information Request from Emeric, Pact Recruitment, and Updated Instructions from Dortene in Military Orders and Reports
    -A Moment of Your Time? in Notes and Memos - I know this is related to the Rescuing Stibbons quest in Coldhabour, went to the location where it is in the quest, looked all around, not sure where it is post-quest

Pretty long list I know - I am on console and have to figure these harder ones out through internet research, these are the ones I have not been able to find any definite location for after a lot of looking around. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As before mentioned, Hlaalu Merchant + Tome of the Undaunted are bugged, but I was able to locate these with the help of a friendly guildie:

"A Warning from Zimmeron" and "Pact Recruitment" can be found at top floor of Gate of Ghartok. "A Warning from Zimmeron" is at 87.09 x 35.15 and "Pact Recruitment" at 87.14x35.73."

The two at blue camp are unavailable for now afaik.
    [EU PC]
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who are AD or EP, looking for Worship in Fanacas, you can find it at the usual place, next to Mabrel Pierel's altar on the ground. The book is only bugged for DC.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • JaredDragonclaw
    Mix wrote: »
    @elven.were_wolf
    • The Smuggler's Plan in Grahtwood can be found in Haven just NW of the Anchor icon. (on a wood bench near a campfire) - this is AFTER the quest is complete.
    • The Smuggler's note can be found in a little boat on the North side of Mathiisen after the quest (if you can recall that is where you exit the cavern/sewer place at the end of the quest.

Lost Warrior, Thief's Luck and Mage's Cipher after the quest I am not certain - not seeing them at logical spot (front entrance, back entrance, quest people) BUT are you sure you did the quest inside Abamath (free Khajiit soul one) if you didn't and are still locked out - I think you might want to contact customer service - I think the khajiit quest was optional and you could do the main rescue one without doing it...

Information Request from Emeric and Updated Instructions from Dortene: I am EP and have these - I had them before I started aiming to complete Eidetic so...my guess is they were on bookshelves at some point...but maybe not anymore.

@MRusso89
    • I count the night's - blackheart haven - when you enter head East from the entrance, there is a small dock with a group of mobs and a boat next to there - the note is on the boat!
    • A Sky of Dusk - you can re-enter the Evergloam by the portal you first did - near the Wellspring:)
    @JaredDragonclaw
    • Establish watchposts - military orders and reports - in Cyrodiil (according to Lorebooks)
    • Beware the shadowscales - military orders and reports - keep reading bookshelves (according to Lorebooks)

Ugh - those IC bookshelf books are a real pain - I feel like physical copies scattered around would be a great time saver...

@Ayantir Did you add a achievement pop-up for when Eidetic Memory is completed? I keep getting an icon with no text that pops up with what I think is the achievement sound effect (or maybe enlightenment one) every time I zone. If i disable lorebooks it goes away - I am stoked to have finally completed Eidetic Memory but I don't need to be congratulated every time I zone! hehehe

Do you know where in cyrodil I can locate “Establish Watchposts”?

And can I get confirmation from anyone that beware the shadow scales is a bookshelf book? I have read endless amounts of bookshelves. Is it zone specific? I have also seen maps indicating a location in arenthia, reapers march behind a quest door.

Thanks.
    Edited by JaredDragonclaw on April 3, 2018 11:15PM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope someone from PC NA is able to let us know about the Introduction to Aedric Studies, when it shows up. I've been farming every day, but still nothing :(.
    EDIT: What I meant is that if someone able to stumble upon it in the random bookshelves, and let us know :)
    Edited by Qyrk on April 8, 2018 11:30PM
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesanyone know where in Cyrodiil is Time to Strike!
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Walllessfury

looking at the UESP Data Viewer, the coordinates are 88,25 on the map, which puts it north of the South Morrowind gates temple (Ghartok) between the road and the lake/river on the left
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ayantir @Mix

The following two lorebooks were not shown on the Map by pins while my character was exploring the Zansipuilu Delve in Vvardenfell:
    • Bandit's Letter
    • Journal of a Fallen Officer
    If you want the screenshots, then I will post them to Imgur because the forum software won't add them when I use the Image feature and choose to browse to their location on my computer.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 12, 2018 11:46AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

looking at the UESP Data Viewer, the coordinates are 88,25 on the map, which puts it north of the South Morrowind gates temple (Ghartok) between the road and the lake/river on the left

Found it! Thanks. This is for anyone else looking for it.

fgPnGXB.jpg

aS5UxUt.jpg
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on April 12, 2018 7:36PM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Walllessfury
    I don’t think this has been addressed before on this topic, but here goes

In the first post the OP states that there are 8 different bookshelves in the temple in the southeast corner I only count 5. Also there are 5 shelves in each vase that can be checked, I count only 3 where are the other 5 located (3 from one site 2 from the other)
  • ChockaShocka
    I don’t think this has been addressed before on this topic, but here goes

In the first post the OP states that there are 8 different bookshelves in the temple in the southeast corner I only count 5. Also there are 5 shelves in each vase that can be checked, I count only 3 where are the other 5 located (3 from one site 2 from the other)

In Temple District, using the map guide on page 1 of this thread, there is a Temple Rectory in the southeast corner of the map that has 8 bookshelves in it.

It is near the door in that corner that goes to Arboretum District, between the Monstrous Tooth Vault & the Arboretum District door, on the same wall as the Monstrous Tooth Vault.
  • Walllessfury
    Ok never mind I see where I went wrong lol
    Edited by Walllessfury on April 16, 2018 3:54PM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS note:
    Eidetic Memory

The Pierced Note is now also available outside the Redoran Kinhouse in Balmora after completing the quest "Family Reunion."

Rejoice for us that cannot get it :)
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome on the Pierced Note fix but sadly I still don’t see a fix for Orders to Halskar. It’s the only book I’m missing at this point.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on April 16, 2018 9:59PM
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    PTS note:
    Eidetic Memory

The Pierced Note is now also available outside the Redoran Kinhouse in Balmora after completing the quest "Family Reunion."

Rejoice for us that cannot get it :)

Related to Pierced Note, is there an update on Honered Ancestors and Very Old Note? I still can't get those two.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • SteinAsle
    SteinAsle
    Down to 3 books :):)
    1 Orders to Halskar - which is bugged after you do quest - still no fix in update 4
    2 Information Request from Emeric
    3 Updated Instructions from Dortene
    Last 2 should be in DC camp and some have found them in IronWheel headquarters in Hew’s Bane - which is no longer accesible because quest is done
    Has anyone found these last 2 books elsewhere?
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Still patiently waiting for Nahirah's Journal to be fixed in Alik'r Desert :(
  • Walllessfury
    Still patiently waiting for the temple scroll fix ugh
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A plea for the elder scrolls in the ep base has been bugged for me for a long time
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    A plea for the elder scrolls in the ep base has been bugged for me for a long time

You should try the tip posted earlier about walking away from it and back in a few times for it to load in correctly for you. (I assume it is not loading on top of the base for you to interact with.)

I grabbed it not that long ago after someone tipped me about it - and it works.
    [EU PC]
  • flynntribe
    Eidetic Memory

[/quote]

Rejoice for us that cannot get it

@Qyrk i don't see it do you have a photo you can post up on where this lorebook is at
  • Akotar
    Akotar
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys, looking for some info on books I am missing and still don't know the location:

-Here to Stay, How Long, The New Lord in Daedric Cults - I know two are at the end of City of Ash II, don't know where the 3rd is
    -All Our Hopes Dashed in Final Words
    -House Hlaalu Merchant Camp, Tome of the Undaunted in Handbills, Posters, and Decrees
    -On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 3 in Imperial Library
    -Letter to Grand Warlord Zimmeron in Letters and Missives
    -The Disturbed Soul in Lore and Culture
    -A Warning from Zimmeron, Chastisement from Zimmeron, Conquer Cyrodiil for the Pact!, Heading to Imperial City, Information Request from Emeric, Pact Recruitment, and Updated Instructions from Dortene in Military Orders and Reports
    -A Moment of Your Time? in Notes and Memos - I know this is related to the Rescuing Stibbons quest in Coldhabour, went to the location where it is in the quest, looked all around, not sure where it is post-quest

Pretty long list I know - I am on console and have to figure these harder ones out through internet research, these are the ones I have not been able to find any definite location for after a lot of looking around. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As before mentioned, Hlaalu Merchant + Tome of the Undaunted are bugged, but I was able to locate these with the help of a friendly guildie:

"A Warning from Zimmeron" and "Pact Recruitment" can be found at top floor of Gate of Ghartok. "A Warning from Zimmeron" is at 87.09 x 35.15 and "Pact Recruitment" at 87.14x35.73."

The two at blue camp are unavailable for now afaik.

Can you also write how you obtained those hlaalu merchant + tome of the undaunted ones with friendly help?

I'm also missing;
    Rhanbiq's notes
    Order's to halskar
    Quartarmaster's note
    The truth in sequence: volume 12

Any help would be appriciated.
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Akotar wrote: »
    Can you also write how you obtained those hlaalu merchant + tome of the undaunted ones with friendly help?

I am afraid you misunderstood my meaning there. I still do not have either as they are bugged. The books I was able to retrieve with the help of a friend are the ones that followed after the colon.

Rhanbiq's Notes from your list is also bugged since the last time I checked.
    [EU PC]
  • Akotar
    Akotar
    Soul Shriven
    Akotar wrote: »

I am afraid you misunderstood my meaning there. I still do not have either as they are bugged. The books I was able to retrieve with the help of a friend are the ones that followed after the colon.

Rhanbiq's Notes from your list is also bugged since the last time I checked.

Oh I see, thx for the quick reply though :)