The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• flynntribe
    @timboutonb16_ESO @ChockaShocka thank you for the quick response and sorry it was my first time posting on the forum still learning how to post up images (thanks to you i'm down to 50 now) alot of them are in imperial city will take the tip you guys gave to try different campaigns see if that helps

do have another question is there a post quest location to find the wergital the wolfboy lorebook (words of the poets) no longer have access to the sles of Torment

again thank you
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of people are hunting this one:

Introductions to Aedric Studies located! It is currently at the Temple Rectory [Vivec, EU]. Screenies:

7FxYsLS.png
    3V8Xqkc.png

This book is also at the same location (Vol. 27 or 28, I can't recall):

KsEHuJc.png

And another Glorious Upheaval! at the floor you drop down to in Temple district from AD camp. Screenies:

pneoRNh.png
    8IMg1nc.png
    Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on March 27, 2018 10:53AM
    [EU PC]
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kyria.paganb16_ESO OMG what campaign please ?:D
    nvm I found it its on Vivec also I am DONE finally 100% well still missing the wormcult and tsaechi akaviri motifs but they are not obtainable yet :D
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on March 27, 2018 10:53AM
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @kyria.paganb16_ESO OMG what campaign please ?:D

Vivec, EU. Sorry, I forgot to add that - I will edit it in now!
    [EU PC]
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am seeing how efficient it is when we work together here - and I have fun doing it! So I will throw out the remaining Cyrodiil books I am hunting and would appreciate it if anyone spots them - to share their location (preferably with screenshot of minimap).

A Warning to Zimmeron
    Information Request from Emeric
    Pact Recruitment
    The Winds of Change
    (completed quest)
    Updated Instructions from Dortene
    Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult
    The Distributed Soul

Happy hunting, all! :)
    Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on April 2, 2018 6:30PM
    [EU PC]
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    I have no idea how the Bookshelves in IC behave :
    • When Glorious Upheaval was found in Shor PC EU, I went to see later in the evening and it wasn't there (I didn't need it, so no worries) and last I've check was less than 24h ago and it wasn't that either : it was a third one.
    • When The Year 2920, Vol. 27 was found on Vivec PC EU, it seemed to stay up for about 24h.
    • And when the bookshelf containing The Year 2920, Vol. 27 on Vivec PC EU changed, it contained The Horror of Castle Xyr : Part 1. I checked every single day and as of last night, the bookshelf is still stuck on this book (even after a server reset for the update).
    - Eidetic Memory Completionnist -
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Oh damn @kyria.paganb16_ESO ! I just saw that you found Introduction to Aedric Studies ! Trying to get in Vivec atm to go check that out ! (Damn campaign : always full !). Also, the second book is the Vol. 28. ;)
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    OH MY AEDRA ! YES !!!! I love you so much @kyria.paganb16_ESO ! Thanks to you I'm done with Eidetic Memories !
    In advance I'm sorry, but I will not roam around in IC anymore for a while, so I will not be able to locate books people might be missing. The reason is simple : got tired of it after doing it for about 3 weeks, twice (sometimes 3x) a day and I don't particularly need to do it anymore.

On another note, Crafting Motif 47 :Buoyant Armiger is currently in the crown store for 5k crowns. If you're like me : still need the motif and got some crowns or some real moneyz to throw on it and don't have near enough gold to buy the full collection nor the time to farm a few thousands of chests in Vvardenfell, you might want to consider the offer.
    266afRE.png

Today ended way better for me than it started thanks to these 2 little things ! \o/
    Edited by timboutonb16_ESO on March 27, 2018 6:58PM
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't seem to find Novice Oscard's Notes in the CWC bank, nor can I find locate The Truth in Sequence: Volume 12 (I assume this is also randomly found on bookshelves).
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it, @timboutonb16_ESO ! Enjoy the break from IC! :)
    [EU PC]
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    I can't seem to find Novice Oscard's Notes in the CWC bank, nor can I find locate The Truth in Sequence: Volume 12 (I assume this is also randomly found on bookshelves).

You'll only find Novice Oscar's Notes in the Shadow Cleft when on that particular daily quest. You just have to start a new quest every day until you get that specific one. And yes, The Truth in Sequence Volume 12 is just random in CWC. Sorry :(.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    BlackEar wrote: »

You'll only find Novice Oscar's Notes in the Shadow Cleft when on that particular daily quest. You just have to start a new quest every day until you get that specific one. And yes, The Truth in Sequence Volume 12 is just random in CWC. Sorry :(.

Thanks ! Got both now :) Just need crafting motifs now.
    Edited by BlackEar on March 27, 2018 9:18PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for the unsigned version of the Tome of the Undaunted. I have Tome of the Undaunted (Signed) and haven't been able to find an unsigned version of this lorebook to read after finishing the Undaunted intro quest. I submitted a ticket and did a lot of online research to no effect. Anyone know where this lorebook is located post-Undaunted quest?

I am also looking for this, so if you manage to locate it - please let me know! I reported this + 2 other books as bugged yesterday in hopes they will turn up.

Will-do! The support team sent me a link to esohead's signed version of the lorebook after reopening my ticket - I'm thinking this might be one that most people grab on accident, but those of us that didn't have no way to get it currently. I know my main was a wee level 45 and I had no idea how the game worked yet when I first did the quest.

It would be greatly appreciated if ZOS could confirm whether it is extraordinarily well hidden or missing! I am all for a continent-wide book hunt insofar as I know it's not a fool's errand.

Thank you everyone for all of your help in this thread - it has been quite an adventure completing the lore collection on console without mod support, and the posts here have been invaluable!
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the before mentioned IC books - I am also looking for this book found in bookshelves in Alik'r/Eastmarch/Glenumbra/Malabal Tor:

Reverence for the Dead

If someone spots it and can give me directions that would be amazing!
    [EU PC]
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    Introduction to Aedric studies.....found 3/28/18....Xbox1 NA server....Vivec campaign....AD base by the Telvar Exchange
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Introduction to Aedric studies.....found 3/28/18....Xbox1 NA server....Vivec campaign....AD base by the Telvar Exchange

Oh man, I need to check this when I get home!
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the following books are:

How Long?
    Here to stay
    Time to strike!

I’m on console so coordinates don’t help unfortunately :|

How Long? and Here to Stay are in the very last room of City of Ash II. After Valkyn is defeated, you enter the room with the sigil stone. They are on the left side of the room on or near a table.

Thank you!
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • timboutonb16_ESO
    Well... I'm glad to be done with Eidetic Memories (for now...), but now I get this icon popping up in the middle of my screen everytime I go out of a loading screen, along with the sound effects and all, just like an achievement... XD
    unknown.png

With Anniversary Event coming soon, I was thinking, maybe we could add each other, to trade duplicates pages of the Worm Cult Motif in order to complete it faster. If anyone on PC EU want to add me : @timbouton
    - Master Crafter -
    - All Motifs
    - PC EU -
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have added you, @timboutonb16_ESO !

I got behind enemy lines today and grabbed the missing lorebooks (plus my final skyshard) out in the open there. I still have a few books at enemy base camps though - do you guys just ignore them or are they available via random bookshelves?
    [EU PC]
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    I have added you, @timboutonb16_ESO !

I got behind enemy lines today and grabbed the missing lorebooks (plus my final skyshard) out in the open there. I still have a few books at enemy base camps though - do you guys just ignore them or are they available via random bookshelves?

I am wondering this myself. I'm pretty much down to only the two letters to the opposing warlords in Cyrodiil since they are behind the camps and the doors to them are never unlocked. I've tried several times, but can never get entry into the main base camps.
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the before mentioned IC books - I am also looking for this book found in bookshelves in Alik'r/Eastmarch/Glenumbra/Malabal Tor:

Reverence for the Dead

If someone spots it and can give me directions that would be amazing!

In case anyone else needs it - I found this just now in Alik'r Desert here:

srScZxE.png
    [EU PC]
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, looking for some info on books I am missing and still don't know the location:

-Here to Stay, How Long, The New Lord in Daedric Cults - I know two are at the end of City of Ash II, don't know where the 3rd is
    -All Our Hopes Dashed in Final Words
    -House Hlaalu Merchant Camp, Tome of the Undaunted in Handbills, Posters, and Decrees
    -On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 3 in Imperial Library
    -Letter to Grand Warlord Zimmeron in Letters and Missives
    -The Disturbed Soul in Lore and Culture
    -A Warning from Zimmeron, Chastisement from Zimmeron, Conquer Cyrodiil for the Pact!, Heading to Imperial City, Information Request from Emeric, Pact Recruitment, and Updated Instructions from Dortene in Military Orders and Reports
    -A Moment of Your Time? in Notes and Memos - I know this is related to the Rescuing Stibbons quest in Coldhabour, went to the location where it is in the quest, looked all around, not sure where it is post-quest

Pretty long list I know - I am on console and have to figure these harder ones out through internet research, these are the ones I have not been able to find any definite location for after a lot of looking around. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, looking for some info on books I am missing and still don't know the location:

-Here to Stay, How Long, The New Lord in Daedric Cults - I know two are at the end of City of Ash II, don't know where the 3rd is
    -All Our Hopes Dashed in Final Words
    -House Hlaalu Merchant Camp, Tome of the Undaunted in Handbills, Posters, and Decrees
    -On the Tel Var Stones: Volume 3 in Imperial Library
    -Letter to Grand Warlord Zimmeron in Letters and Missives
    -The Disturbed Soul in Lore and Culture
    -A Warning from Zimmeron, Chastisement from Zimmeron, Conquer Cyrodiil for the Pact!, Heading to Imperial City, Information Request from Emeric, Pact Recruitment, and Updated Instructions from Dortene in Military Orders and Reports
    -A Moment of Your Time? in Notes and Memos - I know this is related to the Rescuing Stibbons quest in Coldhabour, went to the location where it is in the quest, looked all around, not sure where it is post-quest

Pretty long list I know - I am on console and have to figure these harder ones out through internet research, these are the ones I have not been able to find any definite location for after a lot of looking around. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

"A Moment of Your Time" and all of the other notes related to that quest I believe, are laying next to the wayshrine that's just south of where the quest took place. Unless that's changed in the last two years, they should be there.
  • Walllessfury
    thanks I guess I didn't look hard enough first time through the dungeon lol I found it the next time through. Only ones I need have rngesus written on them (besides the motifs) children of the sky, 2920 volume 20, and plea for elder scrolls ad
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Blue_Radium , the Hlaalu Merchant + Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned) are bugged atm. A few of us are waiting on a way to get hold of them.

The Zimmeron ones should be at the gates of their respective alliance camps. If you look up the lorebooks online you will have a good idea of where to look for them. I am hunting some of them myself and if/when I find them I will confirm.
    Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on March 31, 2018 9:14PM
    [EU PC]
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my current list of lorebooks that are 100% unachievable/unreadable:

* Note from Khezuli's Contact - This book is part of the quest "A Little on the Side". However, it is possible to finish the quest without ever reading it, e.g. when questing with someone else. Once the quest is over and the city is saved, it is impossible to re-enter it. Being in party with someone else who has the quest does not solve the problem as entering the city sends you to a different instance. Quest cannot be shared.

* Secret Note, Soggy Note (from Gold Coast Tomes, not the same that can be found on a ship), Up High Note - These books are part of the quest "The Sweetroll Killer". It is possible to finish the quest without ever reading it, e.g. when questing with someone else who reads these books instead. After the quest is done, the books disappear. Being in party with someone who has the quest does not make them reappear. Quest cannot be shared.

* Worship in Fanacas - This book used to be on a pedestal in front of the Enchantress Mabrel Pierel, a mini-boss in Cyrodiil. However, after a certain update (1 - 2 years ago), the book disappeared. Since then, it does not exist in game anymore.
    Edited by Meld777 on March 30, 2018 4:18PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • flynntribe
    looking for the following lore books (Photo Images Are A Big Plus) Ruuning On PS4 (NA) EP

Imperial Library - Love Letter To Aishah
    Minutes Of The Elder Concil
    On The Tel Var Stones Volume 3

Military Orders And Reports - Dominion Military Recruitment
    Establish Watchposts
    General Serien's Orders
    Information Request For Emeric
    Orders To Halskar (Post Quest Location - Can No Longer Enter Barracks)
    Updated Instructions From Durtene

Words Of The Poets - Wergital The Wolfboy (Post Quest Location - Can No Longer Enter Isles of Torment)

Mysteries And Clues - List Of Names (Post Quest Location)
    Pierced Note (Post Quest Location)

Lore And Culture - The Song Of Pelinal Volume 10

Letters And Missives - Letter From Lenwe (Post Quest Location - No Longer Have Access To Phaer Catacombs)

Rituals And Revelations - Rite Of Scion

The Five Companions - Proper Torture Techniques, Vol. 8 (Post Quest Location)

Tales of Tamriel - The Year 2920, Vol. 26
    The Year 2920, Vol. 27

Thank You For Taking The Time To Read This And Helping Out
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to a guildie I was able to locate The Distributed Soul just now! It is located here right now (Vivec EU), but will likely reset in not long:

T4B9CEh.png

YpL3eah.png

Edited by kyria.paganb16_ESO on March 30, 2018 9:50PM
    [EU PC]
  • Walllessfury
    @Walllessfury , the Hlaalu Merchant + Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned) are bugged atm. A few of us are waiting on a way to get hold of them.

The Zimmeron ones should be at the gates of their respective alliance camps. If you look up the lorebooks online you will have a good idea of where to look for them. I am hunting some of them myself and if/when I find them I will confirm.

What in the world was this?None of what you said has anything remotely anything to do with me
    Edited by Walllessfury on March 31, 2018 10:26PM
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

What in the world was this?None of what you said has anything remotely anything to do with me

I tagged the wrong account, but it is fixed now - thanks for letting me know!
    [EU PC]