Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

today patch notes

• scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Any news on the gapcloser bug fix @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    We haven't received any news and its a pretty game breaking bug.
    Or bolt escape causing insane rubber banding(not just visual, as you can actually hit targets as they move back)

Seems to be just more of the false promises and typical Crown Store as the top priority. Only very minor game fixes with the usual nerfing hammer slams while major issues still persist. TBH, I feel super bad for a great person like Gina and other great folks at Zenimax having to be at the frontlines of this endless storm constantly while the true issues behind this mess are at the top of the company pushing nothing more than numbers and collecting all the royalties. She's truly one of the great ones at the company that actually shows she gives a damn about our voice but can only do so much. #GinaForCEO #FixESO B)

3BHHUFH.png
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Rapid Maneuver is returned to us in the next patch as well.

The sooner that happens, the sooner I restore my subscription.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a "We've buffed the servers" in the next one.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    November can't come fast enough
  • Aluna
    Aluna
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Gap Closers still bugged while pvp event is going on.
    Trader Info still bugged in Guild Window.
    Pretty much all the other bugs crippling the game are still there too.
    But lets cripple crit builds too because why not.
    I have no words for this "patch".
    Can do many more weeks or months without eso+, no problem zos. May save up for a game thats actually working
    >6000h @ PC-EU
    Event Leader in the best Trading Union
    Streaming as Felunaris
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We're hoping to get this fixed in the next PC incremental patch.

Thanks for the update!
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭

when should the next pc incremental patch be next week or 2 weeks ?
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3adpain wrote: »
    so after 2 weeks with lot of bugs in pve and pvp nothing fixed today
    great job zos, meanwhile you push cyrodiil tests while there's ic event great thinking as usual

That actually the best moment to try change since lot of player are in cyro/ic.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did any bugs get fixed???

Guild UI
    invisible walls in many delves/dungeons etc.. (outside of the 1 instance)
    dismount 'cos the hamster can
    map elements of many houses missing

to name but a few!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2 weeks, because of stadia :trollface:
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

In 2 weeks since our PC patch cadence is now bi-weekly.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad to see no skill will be needed for PvP anymore, now that they
    Updated the ZeniMax Media Code of Conduct, with the most noteworthy change being that we added doxing, stream sniping, and intentional acts of griefing or humiliation to behavior we do not tolerate.
    a no talent hack like me can go to Cyrodillio and the imperial city and run around without being mobbed repeatedly (Griefing) and killed before I can even turn around (Very Humiliating)...

Are you going to Nerf the World bosses too? they humiliate me every time I get too close...

Have a good laugh and a great day
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I am glad to see no skill will be needed for PvP anymore, now that they
    Updated the ZeniMax Media Code of Conduct, with the most noteworthy change being that we added doxing, stream sniping, and intentional acts of griefing or humiliation to behavior we do not tolerate.
    a no talent hack like me can go to Cyrodillio and the imperial city and run around without being mobbed repeatedly (Griefing) and killed before I can even turn around (Very Humiliating)...

Are you going to Nerf the World bosses too? they humiliate me every time I get too close...

Have a good laugh and a great day

What have “intentional acts of griefing and humiliation” and “skill in PvP” have to do with one another?
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭✭
    Is Stadia really worth inconveniencing all the PC players with waiting another whole week for potential fixes to the game breaking bugs that we currently have? The amount of money you get from people with ESO+ on PC should outweigh Stadia...
    Dawnbringer ✦ Godslayer ✦ Tick Tock Tormentor x3 ✦ Immortal Redeemer x2 ✦ Gryphon Heart x5 ✦ The Unchained x2 ✦ Emperor x6 ✦ Grand Overlord
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unbelievable that they can't fix the gap closer issue before the last week of a pvp event. I'm tired of hearing this "Google needs 2 week notice", "Sony cert takes too long." Why is it that other devs can release fixes within a week all the time on Playstation?
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forthwinds wrote: »
    Is Stadia really worth inconveniencing all the PC players with waiting another whole week for potential fixes to the game breaking bugs that we currently have? The amount of money you get from people with ESO+ on PC should outweigh Stadia...

As with most things in life, follow the money.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    I'd like to know how they will enforce this.

FBI OPEN UP!!! lol
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically our gap closers won't work for the whole event? That's nice. I know its not Ginas fault, or any of the devs tbh, it's the people up top and the devs are probably just as frustrated as we are, but simply cannot express it for obvious reasons. I love this game, I love the world of the elder scrolls, but its so hard to love sometimes.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In 2 weeks since our PC patch cadence is now bi-weekly.

most of these bugs are way more than 2 week old already, okay a few are only 2 weeks old, but fixes do not seem to be happening as fast as new bugs are being created...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_MattFiror
    @ZOS_RichLambert

and back this up look at the number of new 'bugs' just from the PvP Test comments!
    Edited by Gythral on September 8, 2020 3:56PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    What is "stream sniping"?

A thing known mostly in Fortnite and other battle royales, it's coordinated attack that aim the streamer, since you see his/her location on the stream. Dunno how it will work in ESO though since you can't "loose" the game here.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    "Updated the ZeniMax Media Code of Conduct, with the most noteworthy change being that we added doxing, stream sniping, and intentional acts of griefing or humiliation to behavior we do not tolerate."

what the hell is wrong with stream sniping? you think you're good? you want to broadcast your skills to the world? well, get ready for some pain, my friend. IMO if you want to openly show everyone where you are, what you're doing and what gear you're wearing be my guest, but don't cry when someone uses the information you yourself provided to them to their advantage. especially when it's broadcast on another platform that has nothing to do with ZOS..

now i am all up for reducing the so-called "griefing", but, again, people on Twitch (or similar platforms) should expect that someone will want to use their stream to gain some advantage. game streaming is not all sunshine and rainbows. nor it should be..

one thing i can not get out of my mind. how in the hell are you going to prove that someone is "stream sniping"?

So you're saying we can be minding our own business and playing our own game because we don't have the time or the desire to be playing and watching streams at the same time, and if we kill the same person a couple of times we can be banned without recourse?

Wow. Talk about corporate favoritism!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tests should just be done on the pts and never put on live, unless it is a 100% change. I remember your BGs tests and a few other tests which were in fact not tests but just permanent changes added in.

After all these years it feels like short cuts are just being taken. Unfortunately at the cost of the players enjoyment.

There are already so many bugs and glitches that zos said they were being looked into. It has been years with no reply or fixes.

PvP worked better when you gave it more resources for certain events. Maybe it is just a matter of not wanting to spend money, who knows.

On the other hand, there doesn’t seem to be any issues with charging extra money for digital items that previously sold for less. Why not put that revenue into the game’s performance, specifically PvP.

Other large PvE/PvP games are working much better than eso. They also have a steady vision and great communication with their customers.

Customer service needs to be updated and more efficient

Unusually long load times should not be the standard

Bugs and exploits should be fixed and not ignored.

For how bad the performance of this game is, all resources should go into that than another dlc. I am sure customers would be much happier with a game that works better than two new dungeons, etc.

You should also be more clear on the new rules of killing other streamers. If they’re PvPing that is commonplace to have another streamer 1 v X or 1 v 1 them.

Edited by Girl_Number8 on September 8, 2020 4:18PM
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    Placing bans on players who are supposedly "Stream Sniping" will only serve to create an invulnerability shield upon streamers making them nearly into Gods on the battlefield.

Who would want to risk a perma-ban just because they attacked a streamer, knowing that a huge majority of streamers are only popular because of their rage antics and pettiness?

Others may not say it, but I will...
    Streamers will use this as a crutch, tattle-telling on any and all people that attack and kill them, and get their petty revenge fantasy carried out by none other than the Game Masters themselves handing out perma-bans to anyone that gets in their way of getting one more "like" or one more "follow" or one more "sub".

And as someone above me said, this petty and vindictive attitude will carry over to those that don't even know someone is streaming, and are wholly undeserving of a ban for what would be, by any measure, considered normal gameplay.

This is a terrible amendment to your TOS/EULA, Zennimax. Please revert it and think of another solution.
    --Dietche
    Guild Leader: Sardonically Synthesized
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unnerving that the new TOS says they can access your facebook. I don't have facebook, so there's nothing there, or does that mean I'll be required to get facebook. Exactly how much private data does ZOS want access to in order to log in?
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It's unnerving that the new TOS says they can access your facebook. I don't have facebook, so there's nothing there, or does that mean I'll be required to get facebook. Exactly how much private data does ZOS want access to in order to log in?

All of it.

They are partnered with Google now, after all. The next logical step is to feed Facebook some data to get on their good side, and strike up a nice deal with them.

Oh sure, ZOS will wrap it up in a shiny bow, somehow integrating Facebook feeds into the game, as a justification. This will be done right after we are all highly pressured to get Facebook linked to ZOS in some way. And by pressure, I mean more-so than even Twitch Drops.

But, you should never forget that as a player, a consumer, and a customer, you have precisely two pieces of currency they are all interested in. Namely: your cash, and your data.
    Guild Leader: Sardonically Synthesized
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Facebook/Twitter thing is not going to fly on console.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    mzprx wrote: »
    "Updated the ZeniMax Media Code of Conduct, with the most noteworthy change being that we added doxing, stream sniping, and intentional acts of griefing or humiliation to behavior we do not tolerate."

what the hell is wrong with stream sniping? you think you're good? you want to broadcast your skills to the world? well, get ready for some pain, my friend. IMO if you want to openly show everyone where you are, what you're doing and what gear you're wearing be my guest, but don't cry when someone uses the information you yourself provided to them to their advantage. especially when it's broadcast on another platform that has nothing to do with ZOS..

now i am all up for reducing the so-called "griefing", but, again, people on Twitch (or similar platforms) should expect that someone will want to use their stream to gain some advantage. game streaming is not all sunshine and rainbows. nor it should be..

one thing i can not get out of my mind. how in the hell are you going to prove that someone is "stream sniping"?

So you're saying we can be minding our own business and playing our own game because we don't have the time or the desire to be playing and watching streams at the same time, and if we kill the same person a couple of times we can be banned without recourse?

Wow. Talk about corporate favoritism!

if you read my post again you may realise that i was saying quite the opposite. i have no idea how do they want to enforce these "stream sniping bans" and what the hell is wrong with stream sniping? if anyone broadcasts their position, gear and strategy openly on some platform they must expect that someone uses the information freely provided to them to their advantage. nothing wrong with that, if you ask me..

edit: the thing that bothers me the most on this "stream sniping" is the exact fact that you've mentioned. you kill someone a couple of times, be it because of your luck or higher skill level and you're... a stream sniper? how do they know who "stream snipes" and who is simply better and/or has more luck? this is a slippery slope we're walking on right now..

i have started to play another game again. WoT. been playing since the Beta but haven't touched it for 2-3 years now. but i still remember something, especially what bushes are being used by TDs to hide in. and i shoot in those bushes regularly. doesn't matter that i can't see anyone there, i know that they are there. and yesterday i killed some guy that was streaming the game. never heard of him but i was being branded a stream sniper because i could not have known that he was there, he wasn't spotted so i must have been watching his game on Twitch. but i wasn't. so i am afraid of things like this here in ESO. your knowledge may be branded stream sniping and how do you prove you innocence?
    Edited by mzprx on September 8, 2020 5:30PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait ... so if a streamer is playing, and you kill them, and they just happen to be broadcasting at the time even though you didn't know it, and had no idea who they are ... you'll be banned?
    Not everyone follows streamers or stops to read someone's name in Cyrodiil before killing them.

Please tell me I'm wrong and just misinterpreting this.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Wait ... so if a streamer is playing, and you kill them, and they just happen to be broadcasting at the time even though you didn't know it, and had no idea who they are ... you'll be banned?
    Not everyone follows streamers or stops to read someone's name in Cyrodiil before killing them.

Please tell me I'm wrong and just misinterpreting this.

Who will ZOS believe? A streamer that regularly has 5K views at any given time? Or someone that plays for a few hours on the weekend.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a large amount of overreaction to the stream sniping bit. Streamers are going to dye in PvP. It's PvP. This was probably added for egregious situations as another form of targeted and blatant harassment, not just day to day gameplay.