The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

today patch notes

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    Where are these patch notes? I see the updated Code of Conduct when logging in, but can't find patch notes here online...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/544777/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-1-6#latest

Thank you. Since this isn't PTS, I'm guessing the TOS I saw today is related to this and the in-game changes are on the way to console? (I'm on XB)

I'd imagine so though they probably updated it on all platforms since it's just the TOS in general (I wouldn't think they'd have to patch it since things like that can just be injected). The patch itself probably later per usual.

Yeah that's what I meant - I'm having trouble wording today. The TOS changes are globally and the patch will come to console eventually. I suppose that since this isn't PTS then there is no chance for them to change anything, these are just coming no matter what.

Yep! That crit change looks like it's going to hurt a bit. :( Not sure about the Titanborn change since the wording on that reads like Greek to me. :D
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where are these patch notes? I see the updated Code of Conduct when logging in, but can't find patch notes here online...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/544777/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-1-6#latest

Thank you. Since this isn't PTS, I'm guessing the TOS I saw today is related to this and the in-game changes are on the way to console? (I'm on XB)

I'd imagine so though they probably updated it on all platforms since it's just the TOS in general (I wouldn't think they'd have to patch it since things like that can just be injected). The patch itself probably later per usual.

Yeah that's what I meant - I'm having trouble wording today. The TOS changes are globally and the patch will come to console eventually. I suppose that since this isn't PTS then there is no chance for them to change anything, these are just coming no matter what.

Yep! That crit change looks like it's going to hurt a bit. :( Not sure about the Titanborn change since the wording on that reads like Greek to me. :D

What is more baffling is to nerf something you just buffed during a 6 week PTS

I would insert a meme but I am not sure if that is against tos
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah. That's been a trend as of late, unfortunately. I guess the spreadsheet isn't as infallible as they thought.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't even allow streaming in our guild group when we are playing, common sense 101.
    But as long as there is zone chat it is all moot anyway. lol

I don't even know who or who isn't a streamer on our platform, as I have no way to watch(If I even wanted to, and I don't)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • DustyWarehouse
    DustyWarehouse
    ✭✭✭
    Dietche wrote: »
    There is a difference between harassment via stalking and stream sniping. A very large difference. And it should remain that way. The problem is that these two concepts are being conflated when they should not be. There are clear cut policies already in place for when one player gives another player grief with threatening messages. Ditto for when stalking or imminent bodily threat is at hand.

I quoted just the first part of your reply for brevity. But I appreciate the serious response, and I agree that the terms could be clearer. My take on this is based on my experience, and it all started with stream sniping.

Whether it leads to real harassment or not, I think stream sniping is a dirty practice that almost always has consequences other than the streamer dying a few times in-game.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point at which EQ turned to *^!$ was when they started templatising things and homogonenising the gear. It showed a level of laziness towards what most players think is one of the most important aspects of the game, as well as a distinct lack of originality.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summary of the thread;
    • ZoS wants to add you as a friend on FB.
    • Sniper no sniping. Or critting.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summary of the thread;
    • ZoS wants to add you as a friend on FB.
    • Sniper no sniping. Or critting.

And none of the crucial bugs fixed. It was fun to spend 180 days improving my mount when I'm out of stamina in 30 sec.
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    A gap closer bug work around that I have found (it has worked twice for me now since event started) is to unslot it until you port all the way in (and away from the spawn platform), then quickly slot it again. Not sure if that was mentioned in here already, but hopefully this works for others too.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stream sniping is more than something like "Oh, I heard that *popular streamer* is at Chalman with the hammer, let's go over there because it's sure to be a big fight!" That's just normal PvP and map dynamics.

True stream sniping is the toxic, usually repeated, targeting of a streamer for the sole purpose of griefing them.

I used to play Starcraft and stream snipers would wait to queue until the exact moment that the streamer would queue, which would greatly increase the odds of getting paired with them in a match. Then they would just troll them by, for example, flying their Command Center all around the map, intentionally trying to waste the streamer's time and provoke a reaction. Truly kindergarten-level behavior.

In ESO, for example, it is watching a stream and noticing that the streamer is dueling in the Cyrodiil wilderness with their buddies and then trying to bow-gank them during the duel, following them around the map in a way that cannot be attributed to "random coincidence."

I hope that this illustrates the obvious differences between normal PvP with popular personalities and stream sniping.

It is wise practice to put your stream on a delay of at least 20 minutes to prevent this sort of thing from happening but the streamer should not have to resort to these types of defensive countermeasures simply to avoid being griefed.
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone describe "griefing" with actual examples from ESO?
    I don't understand this term and the situation it describes.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't logged in to ESO yet, but I suspect that the thing I am seeing talked about today regarding ZOS wanting access to your twitch and Facebook is at least part of how they are going to prove a person was stream sniping.

I don't know, I think the whole conversation is a little more complicated than just oh no streamer A was stream sniped by some mean viewer and they died from it! Can we also talk about the streamers that end up with 800 people following them around everywhere because they are watching said streamer and just go wherever the streamer goes? Like, that also creates an unfair situation for people, just not the streamer. Or are we only concerned with making sure the streamer has good feelings? Don't get me wrong, I rather like a lot of the PvP streamers, even the ones with a billion people following them around. I just think you cannot be seriously saying that its ok if the streamer benefits and has a hoard of people following them around, even if it otherwise hurts the gameplay of a map and/or makes it so other factions have a hard time getting people to play on those maps when its happening, but if a streamer gets their feelings hurt people are going to get banned for it.

Looking at what some other people have said since I started writing this, if its more for extreme cases of it, I'm fine with that. But if this is in any way able to be abused, and random folks start getting banned for no good reason, that would be super not cool.

Don't tell me - the billion people following a PvP streamer around come straight here to complain about server performance, is that right :wink: ?
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    Stream sniping is more than something like "Oh, I heard that *popular streamer* is at Chalman with the hammer, let's go over there because it's sure to be a big fight!" That's just normal PvP and map dynamics.

True stream sniping is the toxic, usually repeated, targeting of a streamer for the sole purpose of griefing them.

I used to play Starcraft and stream snipers would wait to queue until the exact moment that the streamer would queue, which would greatly increase the odds of getting paired with them in a match. Then they would just troll them by, for example, flying their Command Center all around the map, intentionally trying to waste the streamer's time and provoke a reaction. Truly kindergarten-level behavior.

In ESO, for example, it is watching a stream and noticing that the streamer is dueling in the Cyrodiil wilderness with their buddies and then trying to bow-gank them during the duel, following them around the map in a way that cannot be attributed to "random coincidence."

I hope that this illustrates the obvious differences between normal PvP with popular personalities and stream sniping.

It is wise practice to put your stream on a delay of at least 20 minutes to prevent this sort of thing from happening but the streamer should not have to resort to these types of defensive countermeasures simply to avoid being griefed.

Sorry, nothing you illustrated there is toxic.
    Nothing there deserves a ban.
    Nothing there is abusive or harassment in any way, by the commonly held, *real* definitions of those terms.

This is a case of [snip] dueling in a war-zone in the middle of a field --not even inside the protection of a keep-- and broadcasting their actions and location to the world at large, *by choice*, [snip].

[snip]

They made their choice to stream, for good or bad. Unless =true= abuse, stalking or threats occur, there is positively nothing toxic about showing people that there are consequences for their choices, for good or bad.

[snip]

I for one do not wish to join in a faction fight and come to find out that someone on my team is broadcasting *my* location, and *my* suggestions for tactics. [snip]
    --Dietche

[edited for bashing/baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 10, 2020 1:19PM
    Guild Leader: Sardonically Synthesized
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly the suggestion I was going to make. A good old fashioned broadcasting "tape delay". Why is this a hardship on streamers and what would be harmed?

I don't support anyone being harassed in a video game (a place many of us come as an escape) and violaters should be punished severely if it's proven. I got doxxed once (in this game). It wasn't fun seeing my IRL name, place of employment and (thankfully former) home address in zone chat lol

I think watching a live stream to gain a tactical advantage is cheap...but punishable? Hmmm...

@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A sure example would be resetting a world boss consistently making it impossible for other players to complete killing it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

This is exactly the suggestion I was going to make. A good old fashioned broadcasting "tape delay". Why is this a hardship on streamers and what would be harmed?

I don't support anyone being harassed in a video game (a place many of us come as an escape) and violaters should be punished severely if it's proven. I got doxxed once (in this game). It wasn't fun seeing my IRL name, place of employment and (thankfully former) home address in zone chat lol

I think watching a live stream to gain a tactical advantage is cheap...but punishable? Hmmm...

Agreed, in full!
    What you describe is real, actual, abuse, as I have alluded to in my prior posts.
    DOX'ing is no joke. Fake police calls are no joke. Real stalking is no joke. Death threats are no joke.
    These are all well established as crossing a line. A very well defined line.
    A line I am against being crossed, plainly stated.

[snip]

Instead? Support those that live up to the honorable intent of the game as it was designed.
    --Dietche

[edited for bashing/inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 10, 2020 1:21PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3adpain wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Any news on the gapcloser bug fix @ZOS_GinaBruno?

We're hoping to get this fixed in the next PC incremental patch.

when should the next pc incremental patch be next week or 2 weeks ?

In 2 weeks since our PC patch cadence is now bi-weekly.

Google should have been told what they could do to themselves when they made this demand. I don't see how anyone who valued their customers had any alternative.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭

These would all be griefing:
    --Resetting a boss, repeatedly.
    --Spawn camping.
    --Getting all your buddies to send nasty, vicious messages to someone.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 10, 2020 1:22PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the classic "the minority causing grief for the many" situation again. Totally understand the need to catch cheaters/exploiters BUT I don't really agree to this type of enforcement entirely since the rest of us that don't do those things are basically giving up our identities BECAUSE of those types, or at least that is how the guise is being presented. An easy fix to the Twitch and other social media accounts being used to identify you is to maybe just unlink your Twitch/Facebook/Twitter accounts from your ESO account. Privacy is a bit more important than loot crates aka "Drops" imho. The new TOS also mentions these forums as a used medium as well, so if anything here is identifiable they can and will use it against you in an open case. Granted, in saying that if we already had our account(s) linked they may have already permanently stored the most recently identifiable information indefinitely since we are legally "forced" to agree to such TOS or we cannot login and play ESO at all.

What a world we live in when even video games are now subject to such harsh policing. Really just makes me want to unplug from anything that requires the Internet. Yikes. :'( .

Really glad I've never linked my accounts to anything. Won't be doing so now either - even if they insist. At that point I quit playing the game and go back to Skyrim.

I haven't ever had a FB account, or a Twitter account - and certainly not a Twitch account. The LAST thing I have any interest in doing is watching someone play a game - ANY game. This forum and one I run myself are the only "social media" I ever use.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dietche I would define all of that as toxic.

But it would appear as though you have made up your mind already on the subject and are determined to test the limits of the new policy.

I hope that whatever enjoyment you find in sniping streamers is worth it given the risk that you are taking with the new ToS.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets hope proc sets get the same Holistic approach in 2 weeks
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    forthwinds wrote: »
    Is Stadia really worth inconveniencing all the PC players with waiting another whole week for potential fixes to the game breaking bugs that we currently have? The amount of money you get from people with ESO+ on PC should outweigh Stadia...

ching, ching, dolla, dolla
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we also talk about the streamers that end up with 800 people following them around everywhere because they are watching said streamer and just go wherever the streamer goes?

Sounds like a great opportunity to collect Alliance Points to me. The Pied Piper of Proxy Det!

Coming up on Episode 23: Dr. Streamlove: or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bombblade!

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I am glad to see no skill will be needed for PvP anymore, now that they
    Updated the ZeniMax Media Code of Conduct, with the most noteworthy change being that we added doxing, stream sniping, and intentional acts of griefing or humiliation to behavior we do not tolerate.
    a no talent hack like me can go to Cyrodillio and the imperial city and run around without being mobbed repeatedly (Griefing) and killed before I can even turn around (Very Humiliating)...

Are you going to Nerf the World bosses too? they humiliate me every time I get too close...

Have a good laugh and a great day

What have “intentional acts of griefing and humiliation” and “skill in PvP” have to do with one another?

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, it is not the Skill in PvP but the lack of it that pairs with intentional acts of Griefing and humiliation... as it pertains to those that feel they are being griefed and humiliated, thus report the player skilled in PvP because they were killed over and over, then respawned and came back to the same location again and again...

And yes, in an attempt to get that 1 lone skill point, I went to the IC, got a quest and tried to find the place... I died twice before I called it a bad idea and left.

There are 2 reasons I do not PvP, first is I do not enjoy it (I do not care if other people do enjoy it or not) and I am no good at it (before you ask, I see no reason to learn to do something I do not enjoy, PvP, even if I win, depresses me, so I do not do it) but this in no way means I do not support PvP play, I want it to be fun for everyone that enjoys it, I just don't want to see that fun diminished because someone has a hissy-fit.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    @Dietche I would define all of that as toxic.

But it would appear as though you have made up your mind already on the subject and are determined to test the limits of the new policy.

I hope that whatever enjoyment you find in sniping streamers is worth it given the risk that you are taking with the new ToS.

Here are the key takeaways you are missing:
    --My enjoyment means nothing in this context, but for the record:
    I do not enjoy coming up to a throng of yapping and fawning acolytes swooning and swirling around someone broadcasting what should be private, faction only, information. It's dishonorable.

--It is never toxic to kill someone marked as PVP, unless you are spawn camping.

--The new TOS is bad policy and a huge quantity of PVP players find the idea of making streamers immune to damage or death because you might get *banned* for killing one utterly ludicrous.

--Streamers should not be allowed to live broadcast active PVP matches without everyone's consent.

[snip]

--Streamers create a horrible load on the servers because of their [snip] followers, and while many consider that free and easy kills, it isn't because the area is so dense, so overloaded, so far past the design specs of players per square meter designs, it drags down the entire server and generally crashes or kicks people.

In short? TLDR?
    Their antics ruin the fun for those there to *play*, instead of being there to stroke [snip] someones ego. As a result ESO has had little choice except to start imposing the =other= things mentioned in these very same patch notes, with drastic overhauls to fundamental mechanics. [snip]
    --Dietche

[edited for bashing/baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 10, 2020 1:24PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can bet this new policy will be abused to label anyone they don't like as a "stream sniper".
    Edited by Finedaible on September 9, 2020 8:18PM
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    You can bet this new policy will be abused to label anyone everyone they don't like as a "stream sniper".

FTFY ;)

• paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets pretend we are at war. My Country vs yours. We are both general's.
    Let's say that i, as silly as it sounds, decide to broadcast my location and intent to the entire world. Let's say my opponent uses that info to annihilate my army, or assassinate me. Who is at fault?
    Me, for broadcasting my position.
    The stream snipe rule is ridiculous
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steamers are this games only big source of showing off the game.

If they keep getting killed then it looks bad, so of course they will be protected.
    I'm in groups all the time where someone is watching another groups stream.

Stream sniping? How about the Cross factioners on Grey host relaying relevent information to their actual faction?
    Or droping camps all over the map, or rams at the wrong side of the keep so no one can drop another?

If you die to the same person several times, it's not them. It's you.
    IMO
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »

Lets hope proc sets get the same Holistic approach in 2 weeks

lol they wont touch proc sets, they got buffed so pvp players will buy greymoor(for malacath) to boost the proc sets
    it's not coincidence and their buff to the cancer sets its just to make pvp players pay for greymoor cause there's was nothing in it before really and most people i know that pvp didn't buy it

just marketing move in the cost of balance that they really dont care about
    look at necros and wardens too lol
    Edited by d3adpain on September 10, 2020 8:08AM